Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2010, 7:35am   #21
ChasC5
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me View Post
You bet I'm scared of what happens when the same style "leadership" that successfully led the state of Illinois to nearing the point of financial insolvency, is now running the USA with the same beliefs, ideals, and (likely) level of corruption.

You live there, I'm sure you don't need me to remind you of these facts.

I'm sure you are quite proud to be part of the only US state in a worldwide "10 government entities most likely to default" ranking (#8 - right behind Iraq). That's like besting California for the title of state with the highest debt/income ratio!

Can't much blame the Republicans for that achievement, they haven't come close to wielding power in your state for a couple decades now. Spend, spend, spend, borrow, borrow, borrow, tax tax tax. Everything will be better soon.

It's becoming tough to say which is the most liberal state in the US...NY, CA, or IL.
But no matter who is the ultimate winner, all have clearly shown their achievements in hard numbers on a balance sheet. Fiscally irresponsible is a massive understatement.

So why would I be scared? I've seen quite clearly what that brand of "leadership" has brought to your state (as well as the other two), and perhaps why I'd rather not see it spread to the entire country.

And maybe, just maybe, a few other Americans are thinking the very same thing these days.

If you wish to say we're scared, well you got one thing right.

Well at least you’re willing to admit you’re scared; I wish the rest of the Republican brain trust would admit the same without acting like a bunch wacko morons.

There are two things scared people can do … hide behind what is safe or boldly go where no man has gone before. I’m a Progressive … so by it’s an easy decision for me. Doing nothing is not an option for me, nor is being scared

BTW; I've actually lived in Illinois for 47 years and I'm doing great ... because in my world, the sky isn't falling.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion