Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Americans are right to wonder why Mr. Obama is underwriting in Brazil what he won't allow at home.

We need this in our country not with my $$ in another country that will then want to sell us there oil, again another example of a waste of the 53% of Americans who pay taxes to fund foregin business when we need jobs in America
Chances are this one of those same deals as the Bucyrus thread I posted.

These ExIm financing deals are contingent on using US produced equipment and products to make it happen. This does sustain and create jobs and production in the US, no matter where in the world the project is located.

The reality is the US really isn't out any money in doing these deals, you're certainly not sending your tax dollars overseas.

What deals like this are designed to do, is bring money into the country that offshore customers otherwise wouldn't have spent, or would have spent elsewhere in the world.

By arranging the financing, we entice them to do their business here, consume our products, and keep us employed and producing. Any side of the political spectrum can agree this process is a win-win deal for America (and has been for a long long time).

Think of it like this....if the Gov't offered creative financing options for those around the globe to entice otherwise "not interested" potential customers to buy American vehicles, you really need not care where those cars end up in the world. The fact we produced and sold the cars to someone that ordinarily wouldn't buy one is what matters.

I just don't see this as a topic of partisan debate. The rest of the world will continue building, digging, drilling, etc. with or without our assistance. How much of that big project money we can rope in is what matters, and is why we created the ExIm bank. If we don't grab that cash, someone else (China) will be more than happy to.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 4:37pm   #22
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me View Post

These ExIm financing deals are contingent on using US produced equipment and products to make it happen. This does sustain and create jobs and production in the US, no matter where in the world the project is located.

The reality is the US really isn't out any money in doing these deals, you're certainly not sending your tax dollars overseas.

What deals like this are designed to do, is bring money into the country that offshore customers otherwise wouldn't have spent, or would have spent elsewhere in the world.

By arranging the financing, we entice them to do their business here, consume our products, and keep us employed and producing. Any side of the political spectrum can agree this process is a win-win deal for America (and has been for a long long time).

Think of it like this....if the Gov't offered creative financing options for those around the globe to entice otherwise "not interested" potential customers to buy American vehicles, you really need not care where those cars end up in the world. The fact we produced and sold the cars to someone that ordinarily wouldn't buy one is what matters.

I just don't see this as a topic of partisan debate. The rest of the world will continue building, digging, drilling, etc. with or without our assistance. How much of that big project money we can rope in is what matters, and is why we created the ExIm bank. If we don't grab that cash, someone else (China) will be more than happy to.

kind of like using Americans to clean up the oil spill & create more jobs?
Old 06-30-2010, 4:41pm   #23
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Quote:

So with your point well taken, we should be drilling in Alaska, our own country and other places in our shallow waters in areas we do not do now and then I can see funding other countries a little eaiser, more American Jobs all the way around, get the green weanines out of the picture and we drill in our land do it else where and spills we do not worry about.
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 4:54pm   #24
Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
So with your point well taken, we should be drilling in Alaska, our own country and other places in our shallow waters in areas we do not do now and
I'm not really up on the whole oil drilling thing.

I know the treehuggers always protest it, and is why we don't drill as much as we could be here.

But in the big picture, for what's claimed to be a finite resource, oil is still a cheap commodity. Does it not make sense to buy it from others while it is cheap, and when our suppliers start to dry up around the globe, rest on the comforting fact we have our own untapped source tucked away in our own basement, which will have certainly gone up in value, and could be a very valuable export product to US if/when that day comes?

Just a thought...
Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 4:59pm   #25
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
I'm not really up on the whole oil drilling thing.

I know the treehuggers always protest it, and is why we don't drill as much as we could be here.

But in the big picture, for what's claimed to be a finite resource, oil is still a cheap commodity. Does it not make sense to buy it from others while it is cheap, and when our suppliers start to dry up around the globe, rest on the comforting fact we have our own untapped source tucked away in our own basement, which will have certainly gone up in value, and could be a very valuable export product to US if/when that day comes?

Just a thought...
No, Obama wants us to be green tomorrow, this will not happen, if we produce say 10 million more barrels a day of oil the world price would plumment, this would be good. Bye the time we go more green cost effective we will have eons of oil in the ground. I would rather pay Americans for oil than the terriosts that have us by the balls now. Drill in America and keep our $$ at home not abroad
Old 06-30-2010, 5:23pm   #26
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
No, Obama wants us to be green tomorrow, this will not happen, if we produce say 10 million more barrels a day of oil the world price would plumment, this would be good. Bye the time we go more green cost effective we will have eons of oil in the ground. I would rather pay Americans for oil than the terriosts that have us by the balls now. Drill in America and keep our $$ at home not abroad
I'll put you down as one of the people that believes oil is not a finite resource.
Old 06-30-2010, 7:53pm   #27
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I'll put you down as one of the people that believes oil is not a finite resource.
More oil to run the world's economy's than we have used to date and that is quite some time to get the green power going, atleast 100 years and longer for coal, oh build some more nuke plants while we are at it zero oil or coal or natural gas needed here and something like zero emissions
Old 06-30-2010, 8:11pm   #28
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
More oil to run the world's economy's than we have used to date and that is quite some time to get the green power going, atleast 100 years and longer for coal, oh build some more nuke plants while we are at it zero oil or coal or natural gas needed here and something like zero emissions
commas, punctuation...common sense. either that, or give us a clue what language you are using.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion