Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 3,560 Times in 1,955 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
You guys missed my point. The salient post was;

OK, the Democrats are the only party that slings mud. The Republicans would never stoop to such barbaric levels.
I guess I'm missing it, are you talking about what we do here? We're just a bunch of knuckleheads spouting off. I'm talking about the candidates and their campaigns.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 4:36pm   #22
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
You are out of line and these idiotic ramblings are those of a person who runs a "Recovery from Momonism" organization. I am a practicing Mormon and I can tell you this is nonsense. I have been in many leadership roles and NEVER encouraged a woman to stay home and have kids. My wife has a career as do most of the LDS women I know.

You want to talk about polygamy and yet you know nothing about the practice. Let me enligten you. This was put in place at a time when men were dying at a very high rate in the mid 1800s when their life expectancy was 42 years of age leaving many families without a male to support them. These women and their families were brought into families of other members so they had the means of survival, not to act as a concubine for the men of the church. They helped support the household in return were given the means to survive. You need to stop basing your life on what you see on reality TV shows.

Your ignorance is amazing. Facts mean very little to you and you have no problem posting total BS to support your opinions.
You are delusional if you believe that to be true. You are simply regurgitating the crap your bishops teach you to excuse the perverted behavior of your religion's founders. The reason given in The Book of Mormon for the practice of polygamy is by revelation from God in order to "raise up seed unto God".

Even to this day, Mormon men are instructed to believe in their their doctrine and covenants, and section 132 tells them they’re going to have multiple wives in the afterlife.

And your statement that your church doesn't encourage women to stay home and raise kids is the funniest thing I've read on this forum in a hell of a long time. EVERY Mormon I've ever met turned their wife into a baby dispenser. Many of them have over a dozen kids.

Care to trounce out the bullshit your church uses to excuse their behavior against blacks while your at it?

Your religion still views women as second class subservients.

Since you have a problem with the rational site I posted, here are the answers supporting what I just said from your own church.

Ask a Mormon Woman: Why Do Mormons Have So Many Kids? | Mormon Women - About LDS Life and Belief

What is the role of the husband and the wife in the family? | Mormon.org

Should Mormon women work outside the home? | Ask Gramps

LDS Leaders still believe there will be Polygamy in Heaven
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 4:41pm   #23
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 5,841 Times in 2,764 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
You are delusional if you believe that to be true. You are simply regurgitating the crap your bishops teach you to excuse the perverted behavior of your religion's founders. The reason given in The Book of Mormon for the practice of polygamy is by revelation from God in order to "raise up seed unto God".

Even to this day, Mormon men are instructed to believe in their their doctrine and covenants, section 132 tells them they’re going to have multiple wives in the afterlife.

And your statement that your church doesn't encourage women to stay home and raise kids is the funniest thing I've read on this forum in a hell of a long time. EVERY Mormon I've ever met turned their wife into a baby dispenser. Many of them have over a dozen kids.

Care to trounce out the bullshit your church uses to excuse their behavior against blacks while your at it?

Your religion still views women as second class subservients.

Since you have a problem with the rational site I posted, here are the answers from your own church.

Ask a Mormon Woman: Why Do Mormons Have So Many Kids? | Mormon Women - About LDS Life and Belief

What is the role of the husband and the wife in the family? | Mormon.org

Should Mormon women work outside the home? | Ask Gramps

LDS Leaders still believe there will be Polygamy in Heaven
I beg your pardon, I AM a Bishop and what you are saying is simply incorrect. Have you ever stepped foot in an LDS chapel to see what's really going on? You're welcome to come in anytime and see for yourself, we have nothing to hide and the perception you continue to spew is based on what you have heard from others, not what you have bothered to learn for yourself.

Would we like to see stay at home Moms, of course what religion wouldn't. We don't punish the women who work. We accept everyone's free agency to decide how to live their lives, we don't force any behaviour on them.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 5:04pm   #24
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
I'm talking about the candidates and their campaigns.
My point was both sides toss mud. You asked for specific examples and truth be told, I'm not going to find one. Not because I can't, simply because if I have to prove to you Republicans also toss mudpies, this discussion has pretty much ran it's course. (No offense)
Giraffe (He/Him) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 6:45pm   #25
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
My point was both sides toss mud. You asked for specific examples and truth be told, I'm not going to find one. Not because I can't, simply because if I have to prove to you Republicans also toss mudpies, this discussion has pretty much ran it's course. (No offense)
Show me a Republican ad that is the equivalent to Romney murdering a woman by denying her cancer treatment. Show me a Republican ad that is equivalent to Ryan pushing an old woman in a wheelchair off a cliff. Show me an instance where the media is so in the Republican's service that the moderator of a debate steps in takes takes their side, even states a mis-truth. If I saw anything like that I'd denounce it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2012, 7:45pm   #26
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 14.4%

Thanked 11,607 Times in 5,724 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Show me a Republican ad that is the equivalent to Romney murdering a woman by denying her cancer treatment. Show me a Republican ad that is equivalent to Ryan pushing an old woman in a wheelchair off a cliff. Show me an instance where the media is so in the Republican's service that the moderator of a debate steps in takes takes their side, even states a mis-truth. If I saw anything like that I'd denounce it.
CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 4:54am   #27
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Craig, I'm not going to ask you to provide your sources because it's irrelevant to this discussion. It's apparent to me you think the Republican party is above mud slinging.

You dislike "Their side" with such a passion you've lost sight of what "Your side" says and does.

Anyway, I'm off to an office supply store. Surely someone will have a binder full of women. Staples perhaps?

Last edited by Giraffe (He/Him); 10-19-2012 at 5:05am.
Old 10-19-2012, 6:18am   #28
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 27.7%

Thanked 7,804 Times in 3,476 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Craig, I'm not going to ask you to provide your sources because it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Show me a Republican ad that is the equivalent to Romney murdering a woman by denying her cancer treatment.

Show me a Republican ad that is equivalent to Ryan pushing an old woman in a wheelchair off a cliff.

Show me an instance where the media is so in the Republican's service that the moderator of a debate steps in takes takes their side, even states a mis-truth.

Are Republicans above mud slinging? Absolutely not... but shit like this is on a completely different level. I am obviously fiscally conservative but I am NOT a Republican. If this was happening in reverse I would think it was just as disgusting.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2012, 6:27am   #29
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 6.8%

Thanked 6,965 Times in 2,639 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Having known as many Mormons as I have, what he said is an insight to his religious beliefs.

The Role of Women in Mormonism
And alll Muslims are homicidal maniacs bent on establishing Shariah as the law of the Earth and making sure no woman is ever seen in public again, right?

Last edited by Loco Vette; 10-19-2012 at 6:46am.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 6:44am   #30
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Craig, I'm not going to ask you to provide your sources because it's irrelevant to this discussion. It's apparent to me you think the Republican party is above mud slinging.

You dislike "Their side" with such a passion you've lost sight of what "Your side" says and does.

Anyway, I'm off to an office supply store. Surely someone will have a binder full of women. Staples perhaps?

Sir, please understand that the statements in your first two paragraphs are absolutely not true.

But back to the original point: One party is discussing important economic plans and foriegn policy, and one party is talking about big bird and binders, who do you believe is more qualified to lead the country?

I noticed Biden said yesterday in a speach that we have troups in "Iraq and Iran"; I'm guessing he thinks WWII was started when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2012, 8:05am   #31
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 14.4%

Thanked 11,607 Times in 5,724 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Vette View Post
And alll Muslims are homicidal maniacs bent on establishing Shariah as the law of the Earth and making sure no woman is ever seen in public again, right?
Essentially correct...as stated,
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:09am   #32
jaxgator
Barn Stall Owner #99
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14

Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,743 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1017

Quote:
You guys missed my point. The salient post was;

OK, the Democrats are the only party that slings mud. The Republicans would never stoop to such barbaric levels.
I never said that. My point was that your take on the Republicans slinging mud was a link to a discussion about the Republicans calling out O6ama for his lying and lack of leadership in the Benghazi attack and that that's not mud slinging.
jaxgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:26am   #33
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
I beg your pardon, I AM a Bishop and what you are saying is simply incorrect. Have you ever stepped foot in an LDS chapel to see what's really going on? You're welcome to come in anytime and see for yourself, we have nothing to hide and the perception you continue to spew is based on what you have heard from others, not what you have bothered to learn for yourself.

Would we like to see stay at home Moms, of course what religion wouldn't. We don't punish the women who work. We accept everyone's free agency to decide how to live their lives, we don't force any behaviour on them.
I should not have been so direct in my previous post. I still believe what I said, but I probably should have not worded it directly at you.

When speaking out against religion, I try to speak in generalities. In this thread I narrowed my response to you. I'll try not to be so specific in the future.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54am   #34
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

I don't get this story.

When he said it, I though absolutely nothing of it. "Binders full of women" was shorthand for "binders full of womens' resumes, CVs, applications, and other material"

Pretty common and normal thing to say, which is why I knew what he was talking about and thought nothing of it.

You've got to be some kind of massive retard to make hay out of it.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:20am   #35
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 27.7%

Thanked 7,804 Times in 3,476 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Pretty much sums it up.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19pm   #36
vetteman9368
Barn Raising III
Activity: 1.8%

Thanked 2,179 Times in 966 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1120967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I don't get this story.

When he said it, I though absolutely nothing of it. "Binders full of women" was shorthand for "binders full of womens' resumes, CVs, applications, and other material"

Pretty common and normal thing to say, which is why I knew what he was talking about and thought nothing of it.

We have one of those here
vetteman9368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41pm   #37
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Meanwhile, disputes arose about Romney's account of what he did in Massachusetts.

Jesse Mermell, a Democratic local official in Brookline, Massachusetts, who was executive director of the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus from 2004 to 2008, took exception to Romney's statement that he initiated the search for qualified women for his cabinet.

A program her group oversaw provided Romney's transition team in 2002 with resumes of qualified women, Mermell told a conference call with reporters Wednesday.

"Mitt Romney did not request those," Mermell said, explaining that the program called MassGAP approached Romney and his Democratic opponent before the election to get their commitment for hiring women to state positions in proportion to the female population. "Then after the election, our group approached the Romney transition team with the resumes, or the so-called binders full of women."

She also cited a study that showed Romney initially hired 14 women among 33 appointments to his cabinet -- 42% of the total -- but by the end of his four-year term, the number of women in his administration was 25%, lower than the previous or subsequent governors.

"At the time Romney paid lip service to the public about hiring more women in senior positions, and treated it like a quota," Mermell said. "But like with so many other things that are Mitt Romney, the facts did not match the rhetoric."

Mermell and Ledbetter, the woman for whom the equal pay legislation was named, told reporters that Ryan voted against the measure and Romney also opposes it. Romney has yet to clearly state his position on the law that strengthens the ability of women to sue employers over unequal pay.

Romney in a bind over 'binders of women' comment - CNN.com
Old 10-19-2012, 12:57pm   #38
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 2,434 Times in 940 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

We are being broken down like a shotgun and moose fugged towards a fiscal cliff and this is important? Get a grip.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 1:38pm   #39
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Get a grip.

Quote:
Sir, please understand that the statements in your first two paragraphs are absolutely not true.
Maybe not in their entirety, but would you agree there is part of it that is?
Old 10-19-2012, 1:41pm   #40
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
We have one of those here
Oh man.