Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 8:32pm   #41
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,473 Times in 17,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
One thing that was curiously missing from the press conference was the standard "wife standing next to her man and being forced to share the humiliation."

I wonder if this was his choice, or is she so pissed that she wouldn't do it.

He'd better sleep with one eye open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbush Harry View Post
...and one hand wrapped around his weiner.

Harry
At least if something Bobbit-like happens, he's got plenty of photographic proof that he actually lost something. Proof of loss, they call it in insurance jargon.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 8:34pm   #42
Flatbush Harry
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107891

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
At least if something Bobbit-like happens, he's got plenty of photographic proof that he actually lost something. Proof of loss, they call it in insurance jargon.
...and "Proof of Life" as they call it in the kidnapping jargon.
and

Harry, always looking for a good, you should pardon the expression, straight line
Flatbush Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 8:39pm   #43
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,473 Times in 17,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
...and "Proof of Life" as they call it in the kidnapping jargon.
and

Harry, always looking for a good, you should pardon the expression, straight line
OK, I laughed out loud.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 8:49pm   #44
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 12,541 Times in 5,855 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
In all seriousness, Rep. Weenie has said he will not resign, as he has broken no laws. Have we, as an alleged government "of the people, by the people, and for the people" sunk so low that the litmus test for public office is an actual conviction for violating the criminal code?

The man has demonstrated bad judgment, perversity (yes, Virginia, sexting is perverse) lack of integrity and, for nearly a week, failure to accept responsibility for his actions. Is this what we want in the Congress, determining our laws and acting as a steward for our tax revenues?

What Anthony "WeeWee" Wiener did constitutes an uninvited sexual act...that it was virtual makes it no less offensive than had he flashed the young women (and, at least 5 others that he admits to) physically. We have, in essence, run out of congress (and presidential erec, er, elections) a host of philanderers, perverts, tasteless buffoons and irresponsible clowns who could not be role models for misdemeanants, much less responsible Americans. I doubt Ms. Pelosi or John "Weepy" Boehner would take a stand for honor, but we, as the proud citizens of a once-great nation should require it...and send WeeWee and the rest of the clowns pissing away our treasure and the lives of our armed forces packing.

In other threads, there is a debate about who is dumber...Sarah "I'm makin' a fortune off'n you fools" Palin or that Hopey-Changey fella (but what have we changed). This discussion, as do most, obscures the real issue. Instead of the president of the American Philosophical Society (John Adams) running against the president of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (Thos. Jefferson) in 1796, arguably two of the brightest and best thinkers of their age, we get contests between two "C" students whose daddies bought them a place at Yale (Bush v. Kerry, 2004). Clearly, the latter two could not, and did not, lead...is this our only future?

Let's hold those who would govern up to a higher standard...and vote this trash out and a better grade of salvage in...lest we become a true banana republic.

Harry, pretty eff'n disgusted
Well said.

My only question is with the statement that what he did was not illegal. I was under the impression he sent pics to women who had asked him t stop yet he did. Thats harassment.

Am I wrong about what he did or am I wrong about my understanding of the law?
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 9:42pm   #45
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Actually sending sexually explicit pictures with out the recipiants express permission is a crime in many state. Plus he was using Government equipment ( Phone in Internet access) to send them.
Is it? I thought that elected officials had franking privileges to send junk mail.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15pm   #46
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
Is it? I thought that elected officials had franking privileges to send junk mail.
Huckabee keeps calling me and won't listen to what I say. It's like he's a freakin' recording or something. Oh, wait, he's not an elected official. Nevermind.

Also, I think Wiener should pay for his own erection. (five bucks to Bucky if he gets the reference).
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:21pm   #47
prospero63
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $700255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakk View Post
Huckabee keeps calling me and won't listen to what I say. It's like he's a freakin' recording or something. Oh, wait, he's not an elected official. Nevermind.

Also, I think Wiener should pay for his own erection. (five bucks to Bucky if he gets the reference).
I'm sick of those calls myself. I'd half not vote for him just because of those.
prospero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 7:16am   #48
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
Yes they do. But it must be related to their office.

Having phone sex in your office does not qualify.
Old 06-07-2011, 7:33am   #49
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 12.2%

Thanked 11,568 Times in 5,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
pig in a blanket
KOSHER pig in a blanket......
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 7:37am   #50
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 12.2%

Thanked 11,568 Times in 5,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
In all seriousness, Rep. Weenie has said he will not resign, as he has broken no laws. Have we, as an alleged government "of the people, by the people, and for the people" sunk so low that the litmus test for public office is an actual conviction for violating the criminal code?

The man has demonstrated bad judgment, perversity (yes, Virginia, sexting is perverse) lack of integrity and, for nearly a week, failure to accept responsibility for his actions. Is this what we want in the Congress, determining our laws and acting as a steward for our tax revenues?

What Anthony "WeeWee" Wiener did constitutes an uninvited sexual act...that it was virtual makes it no less offensive than had he flashed the young women (and, at least 5 others that he admits to) physically. We have, in essence, run out of congress (and presidential erec, er, elections) a host of philanderers, perverts, tasteless buffoons and irresponsible clowns who could not be role models for misdemeanants, much less responsible Americans. I doubt Ms. Pelosi or John "Weepy" Boehner would take a stand for honor, but we, as the proud citizens of a once-great nation should require it...and send WeeWee and the rest of the clowns pissing away our treasure and the lives of our armed forces packing.

In other threads, there is a debate about who is dumber...Sarah "I'm makin' a fortune off'n you fools" Palin or that Hopey-Changey fella (but what have we changed). This discussion, as do most, obscures the real issue. Instead of the president of the American Philosophical Society (John Adams) running against the president of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (Thos. Jefferson) in 1796, arguably two of the brightest and best thinkers of their age, we get contests between two "C" students whose daddies bought them a place at Yale (Bush v. Kerry, 2004). Clearly, the latter two could not, and did not, lead...is this our only future?

Let's hold those who would govern up to a higher standard...and vote this trash out and a better grade of salvage in...lest we become a true banana republic.

Harry, pretty eff'n disgusted
Harry got more damn common sense than the Lord allows....

vote for harry......
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 8:16am   #51
Yerf Dog
A Real Barner

Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,145 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $503566

Quote:
Let's hold those who would govern up to a higher standard...

I find it difficult to hold them to the same standard.
Yerf Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 9:00am   #52
onedef92
Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452

"He chose poorly and shit."
onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 9:00am   #53
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Actually sending sexually explicit pictures with out the recipiants express permission is a crime in many state. Plus he was using Government equipment ( Phone in Internet access) to send them.
I don't think the pictures were "explicit".
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 9:05am   #54
lander
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.1%

Thanked 1,530 Times in 799 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Great, back to the meaning of "is".

Circle the wagons boys, one of your own is in trouble, time to divert divert divert! Luckily you have the media on your side.
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 9:07am   #55
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
You may be correct. I had seen he sent pics of his Penis. It now appears he sent pic of his Wiener while wearing underwear. Lewd is the word used. It can and has been considered harassment.

http://news.wooeb.com/749655/congres...penis-pictures
Congressman Anthony Weiner Admits to Having Sent Penis Pictures
NY Representative Admits Having Lied About Lewd Photos

Quote:
Hollywood, FL 6/06/2011 09:44 PM GMT (TransWorldNews)

On Monday, New York Democratic Representative Anthony Weiner admitted that he sent lewd photos of his covered penis to a woman that is not his wife.

Weiner's confession came after days of having denied that a photo of his bulging unerwear sent from his Twitter account was actually of him.

During a news conference, Weiner confessed to having accidentally posted the lewd photo of himself on his Twitter page when he meant to send the picture to a woman who is not his wife.

"The picture was of me, and I sent it... This was me doing a dumb thing, and doing it repeatedly, and lying about it," said Weiner.

Weiner also admitted to having engaged in "inappropriate conversations" with and having sent sexually explicit photos to "at least six women" before and after getting married.

But Weiner says that he never personally met any of the women with whom he interacted online. He also claims that he has never had sex with anyone outside of his marriage.

Weiner says that he does not plan to resign but understands if his constituents choose not to re-elect him. He says that he will work hard to gain back their trust in him
I am not sure if that is illegal. I do know if he used a government computer or government issued cell phone to send it thats illegal.
Old 06-07-2011, 9:13am   #56
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander View Post
Great, back to the meaning of "is".

Circle the wagons boys, one of your own is in trouble, time to divert divert divert! Luckily you have the media on your side.
I'm not defending him, I've already said he is an idiot.

But I will say I don't think what he sent was explicit. What Farve sent was explicit, this isn't the same thing.

He's done. He just doesn't realize it yet.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 9:27am   #57
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,468 Times in 10,625 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
I'm not defending him, I've already said he is an idiot.

But I will say I don't think what he sent was explicit. What Farve sent was explicit, this isn't the same thing.

He's done. He just doesn't realize it yet.
because for a week the libbies in the MSM ran cover for him...electing instead to attack Breitbart, the man who broke the story.

and, as I posted...if he had an "R" after his name...he would have been gone last week. Of course, a lib like yourself probably doesn't know why.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 9:42am   #58
onedef92
Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452

Analysis: Dem leaders struggle on Weiner's future

Tue Jun 7, 3:01 am ET

WASHINGTON – So far, House Democratic leaders haven't publicly demanded Rep. Anthony Weiner resign after admitting he sent suggestive photos of himself in his underwear via Twitter and then lied about it to everyone within earshot.

But they've made it clear they'd appreciate it if he'd go away. And soon.

In statements within an hour of Weiner's stunning admission on Monday, not a single Democrat volunteered support for the man long mentioned as a possible future mayor of New York. And notably, none chose to comment on his defiant vow: "I am not resigning."

Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the party leader, said she was "disappointed and saddened." She and other Democrats called for an ethics committee investigation to determine whether Weiner had broken any House rules.

Other Democrats said they agreed.

Purely in political terms, violating House rules would be the least of the woes Weiner has inflicted on his party, currently trying to make the case that Republican policies fall harshly on female voters.

By his own admission, he behaved badly toward women, describing a series of sexually-infused exchanges via Twitter over the past three years.

"I have engaged in several inappropriate conversations conducted over Twitter, Facebook, email and occasionally on the phone with women I had met online," he said at his news conference in New York.

"I've exchanged messages and photos of an explicit nature with about six women over the last three years," he added, although he quickly added he had not met any of the women or "had physical relationships at any time."

He apologized repeatedly and profusely to his wife, who was not in attendance.

Men behaving badly toward women hardly counts as news in the Capitol.

Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., resigned a few weeks ago to avoid having to testify under oath before the Senate ethics committee about a tangled affair. Among other findings, the panel reported he had once asked his mistress to marry him in a proposal made while the two were attending a National Prayer Breakfast.

But on health care and many other issues, Democrats are busy trying to build a case that women should turn Republicans out of office at the next election. Fitting Weiner's suggestive photos of himself, and his sexually-charged banter, into that theme is something they presumably would like to avoid.

The immediate precedent for Weiner's behavior in the House concerns former Rep. Chris Lee, a Republican who resigned in February after shirtless photos he sent to a woman he had met on Craigslist were published online.

Lee was gone virtually before his transgression became known publicly, shown the door by the Republican leadership.

Republicans have been careful to avoid injecting themselves into Weiner's predicament, preferring to let Democrats stew in it themselves. Eventually, the question of a double standard is all but certain to be suggested by GOP officials, if not by others.

Weiner's response to a question along those lines showed how difficult an answer might be. "Well, I don't want to get into anyone else's situation, but I can tell you about mine. And it's one that I — that I regret, that didn't have to do with my government service per se, and had to do with a personal weakness."

Nor are fellow Democrats in Congress likely to take it well that Weiner lied to them, as well as to his wife and the public.

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., defended Weiner a week ago, based on the congressman's assurances that he had not been involved in the photo sent via Twitter.

A few hours after Weiner's news conference, Schumer said in a statement that Weiner "remains a talented and committed public servant, and I pray he and his family can get through these difficult times."

Schumer did not say whether Weiner should remain in Congress. But his spokesman, Brian Fallon, said the senator thinks "that should be up to his constituents to decide."

However much lying may be invoked as a betrayal of trust, it also raises questions about what other damaging information may not yet be known.

Weiner was asked about Andrew Breitbart, a conservative who had materialized before the news conference and implied he had an X-rated photo of the congressman.

"Can you say that is not true?" Weiner was asked.

"No, I cannot," he said.
onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 9:46am   #59
lander
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.1%

Thanked 1,530 Times in 799 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedef92 View Post

They wouldn't be struggling so hard if he were a Republican. Democrats are hypocritical scum when it comes to this kind of stuff.
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 9:58am   #60
Flatbush Harry
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107891

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedef92 View Post

Tue Jun 7, 3:01 am ET

WASHINGTON – So far, House Democratic leaders haven't publicly demanded Rep. Anthony Weiner resign after admitting he sent suggestive photos of himself in his underwear via Twitter and then lied about it to everyone within earshot.

But they've made it clear they'd appreciate it if he'd go away. And soon.

In statements within an hour of Weiner's stunning admission on Monday, not a single Democrat volunteered support for the man long mentioned as a possible future mayor of New York. And notably, none chose to comment on his defiant vow: "I am not resigning."

Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the party leader, said she was "disappointed and saddened." She and other Democrats called for an ethics committee investigation to determine whether Weiner had broken any House rules.

Other Democrats said they agreed.

Purely in political terms, violating House rules would be the least of the woes Weiner has inflicted on his party, currently trying to make the case that Republican policies fall harshly on female voters.

By his own admission, he behaved badly toward women, describing a series of sexually-infused exchanges via Twitter over the past three years.

"I have engaged in several inappropriate conversations conducted over Twitter, Facebook, email and occasionally on the phone with women I had met online," he said at his news conference in New York.

"I've exchanged messages and photos of an explicit nature with about six women over the last three years," he added, although he quickly added he had not met any of the women or "had physical relationships at any time."

He apologized repeatedly and profusely to his wife, who was not in attendance.

Men behaving badly toward women hardly counts as news in the Capitol.

Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., resigned a few weeks ago to avoid having to testify under oath before the Senate ethics committee about a tangled affair. Among other findings, the panel reported he had once asked his mistress to marry him in a proposal made while the two were attending a National Prayer Breakfast.

But on health care and many other issues, Democrats are busy trying to build a case that women should turn Republicans out of office at the next election. Fitting Weiner's suggestive photos of himself, and his sexually-charged banter, into that theme is something they presumably would like to avoid.

The immediate precedent for Weiner's behavior in the House concerns former Rep. Chris Lee, a Republican who resigned in February after shirtless photos he sent to a woman he had met on Craigslist were published online.

Lee was gone virtually before his transgression became known publicly, shown the door by the Republican leadership.

Republicans have been careful to avoid injecting themselves into Weiner's predicament, preferring to let Democrats stew in it themselves. Eventually, the question of a double standard is all but certain to be suggested by GOP officials, if not by others.

Weiner's response to a question along those lines showed how difficult an answer might be. "Well, I don't want to get into anyone else's situation, but I can tell you about mine. And it's one that I — that I regret, that didn't have to do with my government service per se, and had to do with a personal weakness."

Nor are fellow Democrats in Congress likely to take it well that Weiner lied to them, as well as to his wife and the public.

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., defended Weiner a week ago, based on the congressman's assurances that he had not been involved in the photo sent via Twitter.

A few hours after Weiner's news conference, Schumer said in a statement that Weiner "remains a talented and committed public servant, and I pray he and his family can get through these difficult times."

Schumer did not say whether Weiner should remain in Congress. But his spokesman, Brian Fallon, said the senator thinks "that should be up to his constituents to decide."

However much lying may be invoked as a betrayal of trust, it also raises questions about what other damaging information may not yet be known.

Weiner was asked about Andrew Breitbart, a conservative who had materialized before the news conference and implied he had an X-rated photo of the congressman.

"Can you say that is not true?" Weiner was asked.

"No, I cannot," he said.
This means "more than 34 women since I learned how to use Twitter and teh Interweb"

Harry, speaking of the jag-off who would be his US Representative had he not left B'klyn
Flatbush Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic