Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2020, 3:54pm   #1981
Murray
A Real Barner
Points: 9,939, Level: 68
Activity: 94.0%
 
Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2,919
Thanks: 157
Thanked 4,912 Times in 1,808 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
I have yet to hear anyone I know make that argument against wearing a mask. They just think the mask thing is silly and most likely ineffective.
Take a can of spray paint, hold it 4 feet from the wall, give it a blast.

Now do the same thing with a mask in front of the can.

See any difference?
Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 4:13pm   #1982
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 52,209, Level: 100
Activity: 45.0%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 23,411
Thanks: 8,497
Thanked 14,234 Times in 5,999 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $102829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Take a can of spray paint, hold it 4 feet from the wall, give it a blast.

Now do the same thing with a mask in front of the can.

See any difference?
Take a jackass that sneezes full throttle like a spray paint can.

Now take that jackass and slam his head against the wall.

See the difference?
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 6:12pm   #1983
Murray
A Real Barner
Points: 9,939, Level: 68
Activity: 94.0%
 
Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2,919
Thanks: 157
Thanked 4,912 Times in 1,808 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Take a jackass that sneezes full throttle like a spray paint can.

Now take that jackass and slam his head against the wall.

See the difference?
Lol....Don’t let facts get in the way of your 5 month long rant
Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murray For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 6:15pm   #1984
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 50,518, Level: 100
Activity: 45.0%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 18,188
Thanks: 996
Thanked 10,014 Times in 4,684 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11379911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Take a can of spray paint, hold it 4 feet from the wall, give it a blast.

Now do the same thing with a mask in front of the can.

See any difference?
Put on a surgical mask with pores in it 50 times larger than the largest virus. Breathe normally, but after inhaling smoke or visible vapor. All that air has to exit. If you're not sneezing and coughing, you're simply breathing in and out and whatever you breathe is mixing in the air around the area. Then you touch your nasty face diaper and spread whatever you're breathing in and out onto surfaces, you may as well be blowing snot on your hand and wiping it on a door handle.

This is the simple disconnect that makes the entire thing idiotic. If you ARE SICK then stay home but if you can't wear a mask and try to stay away from people. If you AREN'T SICK then go on with your life like we've been doing for millennia. You exist because you come from a very long line of survivors. It's not suddenly necessary to inflict stupid rules on people who are at a less than 1 in 10000 chance of dying from a virus even if they get it.
Cybercowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 6:39pm   #1985
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 17,899, Level: 92
Activity: 93.2%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 6,641
Thanks: 2,697
Thanked 7,720 Times in 2,831 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1020420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
I have yet to hear anyone I know make that argument against wearing a mask. They just think the mask thing is silly and most likely ineffective.
Common sense and logic have no part in the discussion about masks.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 8:13pm   #1986
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 98,022, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
snide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I could never live there.
Posts: 99,186
Thanks: 68,867
Thanked 16,342 Times in 8,155 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $110029097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
I have yet to hear anyone I know make that argument against wearing a mask. They just think the mask thing is silly and most likely ineffective.
The mask thing is silly and ineffective.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 6:56am   #1987
JetMechZ16
A Real Barner
Points: 28,642, Level: 100
Activity: 48.6%
 
JetMechZ16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: SouthEast Tn.
Posts: 4,677
Thanks: 1,420
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,904 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $855071
Default

Name:  maskhole.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  6.5 KB
JetMechZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JetMechZ16 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 11:44am   #1988
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 14,705, Level: 83
Activity: 71.1%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 8,305
Thanks: 4,260
Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,216 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $20823
Default

Just a side note:

The prez is NOT on HCQ or AZM.



Guess it's not the miracle prophylaxis OR the cure.



C3C7NIC is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 1:58pm   #1989
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20
Points: 18,554, Level: 94
Activity: 99.3%
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Tír Na Nóg
Posts: 6,296
Thanks: 1,193
Thanked 5,949 Times in 2,712 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1026362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Just a side note:

The prez is NOT on HCQ or AZM.
How about the bleach injections?

dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 2:20pm   #1990
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 14,705, Level: 83
Activity: 71.1%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 8,305
Thanks: 4,260
Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,216 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $20823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
How about the bleach injections?

That could still be on the table.

< sarcasm? >



Budesonide, famotidine, Vit C, & Zinc for the win.

C3C7NIC is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 2:25pm   #1991
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 50,518, Level: 100
Activity: 45.0%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 18,188
Thanks: 996
Thanked 10,014 Times in 4,684 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11379911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Just a side note:

The prez is NOT on HCQ or AZM.



Guess it's not the miracle prophylaxis OR the cure.
No, they are giving him remediver or however you spell it and it's very expensive. But HCQ with zinc does indeed seem to work quite well. Look at the number of C-19 cases/deaths in places that hand HCQ out like candy (India and Africa for example.)
Cybercowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 11:03am   #1992
Raazor
A Real Barner
Points: 23,270, Level: 100
Activity: 99.1%
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Posts: 16,895
Thanks: 11,290
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,417 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1129399
Default

My 'almost' 80-year-old parents have the Rona now as does our pastor and my brother and his entire family living in his house. All tested positive... all but two said "it feels like a cold". The other two show zero symptoms at all. Is it getting less lethal? You don't hear about death count anymore either.

Raazor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 11:13am   #1993
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 17,899, Level: 92
Activity: 93.2%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 6,641
Thanks: 2,697
Thanked 7,720 Times in 2,831 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1020420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
My 'almost' 80-year-old parents have the Rona now as does our pastor and my brother and his entire family living in his house. All tested positive... all but two said "it feels like a cold". The other two show zero symptoms at all. Is it getting less lethal? You don't hear about death count anymore either.


[Kandee] WE NEED TO STOP THE SPREAD. NOW!!! [/Kandee]
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 11:16am   #1994
Raazor
A Real Barner
Points: 23,270, Level: 100
Activity: 99.1%
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Posts: 16,895
Thanks: 11,290
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,417 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1129399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
[Kandee] WE NEED TO STOP THE SPREAD. NOW!!! [/Kandee]
isn't the common cold a cornavirus? are we testing for the common cold now?
Raazor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 11:28am   #1995
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 17,899, Level: 92
Activity: 93.2%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 6,641
Thanks: 2,697
Thanked 7,720 Times in 2,831 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1020420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
isn't the common cold a cornavirus? are we testing for the common cold now?
Next will be mandatory masks for life Comrade. If it saves one life...
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 12:30pm   #1996
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 23,809, Level: 100
Activity: 79.9%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 20,781
Thanks: 12,265
Thanked 10,047 Times in 5,038 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15017028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Put on a surgical mask with pores in it 50 times larger than the largest virus. Breathe normally, but after inhaling smoke or visible vapor. All that air has to exit. If you're not sneezing and coughing, you're simply breathing in and out and whatever you breathe is mixing in the air around the area. Then you touch your nasty face diaper and spread whatever you're breathing in and out onto surfaces, you may as well be blowing snot on your hand and wiping it on a door handle.

This is the simple disconnect that makes the entire thing idiotic. If you ARE SICK then stay home but if you can't wear a mask and try to stay away from people. If you AREN'T SICK then go on with your life like we've been doing for millennia. You exist because you come from a very long line of survivors. It's not suddenly necessary to inflict stupid rules on people who are at a less than 1 in 10000 chance of dying from a virus even if they get it.
My son, wife and I have all had it. We have no pre-existing conditions that would have put us in a higher risk category. The headaches sucked monkey balls and the coughing sucked, but other than that it was similar to a sinus infection. I will add that I still have a nighttime cough that I have never had before and it has been about two months since testing +.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 12:44pm   #1997
Raazor
A Real Barner
Points: 23,270, Level: 100
Activity: 99.1%
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Posts: 16,895
Thanks: 11,290
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,417 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1129399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
My son, wife and I have all had it. We have no pre-existing conditions that would have put us in a higher risk category. The headaches sucked monkey balls and the coughing sucked, but other than that it was similar to a sinus infection. I will add that I still have a nighttime cough that I have never had before and it has been about two months since testing +.


my mom tested because of an elevated temperature as she and my dad test themselves daily since this started. Once she came back positive, dad went and got tested. Outside of her temperature and allergy like symptoms, she felt good. Dad tested positive but feels the same as always.

shit affects everyone differently apparently
Raazor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 12:47pm   #1998
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20
Points: 18,554, Level: 94
Activity: 99.3%
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Tír Na Nóg
Posts: 6,296
Thanks: 1,193
Thanked 5,949 Times in 2,712 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1026362
Default

It will be interesting to see the policy changes now that Trump himself has the virus.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 1:04pm   #1999
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 17,899, Level: 92
Activity: 93.2%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 6,641
Thanks: 2,697
Thanked 7,720 Times in 2,831 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1020420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
It will be interesting to see the policy changes now that Trump himself has the virus.

What "policy changes" might result from it?

Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2020, 1:05pm   #2000
Raazor
A Real Barner
Points: 23,270, Level: 100
Activity: 99.1%
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Posts: 16,895
Thanks: 11,290
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,417 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1129399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
It will be interesting to see the policy changes now that Trump himself has the virus.
Shit!

*breathe* *breathe*

Raazor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:25pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page