Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Corvette Events/Regional Discussion > Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion Maryland | DC | Virginia | North Carolina | West Virginia

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2011, 8:35pm   #1
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878
Default Cars & Coffee Williamsburg

I just noticed it is tomorrow morning, anyone else plan on showing up?

Cars and Coffee Williamsburg
thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:16am   #2
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,610 Times in 761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $173

Overslept...guess my body needed it.
PortDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 3:43pm   #3
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

I know the feeling, that will be me tomorrow, been throwing down grass seed and compost on the yard most of the day. Beer is heavy to pick up right now.
Old 10-18-2011, 7:19am   #4
DarkPath
Vette Barn Regular

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $793
Default Cars & Coffee Williamsburg - Announcement

Hey Greenman - Thanks for coming out... & For those of you not on facebook I have the following announcement...

For those interested in Cars & Coffee Williamsburg - you may have noticed on Facebook yesterday that I posted the November event location as: To be Announced. Effective Oct 17th with the concurrence of Jose and Russ - I sent an email terminating our association with The Williamsburg Winery. While it was for the most part - cool to hold our event there, it had it's obvious drawbacks... Waivers, Tall grass, Uneven terrain, Soft ground, etc. etc. etc. We parted amicably.

At this point it has yet to be determined where the November event may be located. We are currently in communication with 2 different venues, possibly a 3rd. I learned much about the needs of our patrons during our short stint at TWW. A decent cup of coffee with a place to rest indoors, paved parking, and easier access. Rest assured our new location will include all three - among other things made more obvious to me as a result of our move there. All these things and numerous others made me take a hard look at how much we've changed since our humble beginning. Such a disparity made the need for a move to stark to be ignored..

Cars & Coffee Williamsburg wishes to thank all those who have joined us for a morning or two in the past... for your patience and continued support during this time of transition. Please look for us on Facebook & at our website: Cars and Coffee Williamsburg for information in the coming weeks as to our new location. We hope to see you all again real soon.

Regards
Sam Stevens Cars & Coffee Williamsburg
DarkPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 5:59pm   #5
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Hey Sam,

It was nice of the winery to host the C&C, but I don't think many of us expected it to continue for various reasons. When looking for a new location, take into consideration the numbers that most likely will show up, a good location could easy bring 200 to 300 cars/trucks by next summer.
Old 10-18-2011, 8:17pm   #6
DarkPath
Vette Barn Regular

Yeah I hear you Greenman, 4 months over there nearly killed the event. When you consider all that's happened in 4 short months & what being there put me through, I took a look at the lot while standing there talking to you. Uncut, uneven... Low numbers... I said to myself, I wouldn't park here either. And started looking for a new location on the way home. We'll find a spot worthy of everyone's hard work. And hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenman View Post
Hey Sam,

It was nice of the winery to host the C&C, but I don't think many of us expected it to continue for various reasons. When looking for a new location, take into consideration the numbers that most likely will show up, a good location could easy bring 200 to 300 cars/trucks by next summer.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:17am   #7
DarkPath
Vette Barn Regular

As promised, Once a location for Cars & Coffee Williamsburg was located - i would make an announcement... Here it comes!

Our November event on the 19th will be held at..... Drum Roll.....

Bloom of Williamsburg
Williamsburg Crossing
5251 John Tyler Hwy
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Phone: (757) 220-1473

Bing Maps - driving directions, routes, and traffic

"The Coffee House": owned an operated by Adrienne Benbow, has graciously accepted our invitation to host our monthly event beginning in November and going forward. At the Coffee House, You'll find a warm and inviting establishment with a friendly staff willing to meet your coffee and breakfast menu needs just off our expansive, public, Paved, lot with plenty of room to grow.

The owner of University Square made only one request regarding parking on their property: that we Do Not utilize the spaces directly in front of the Blooms grocery store. Rest assured there is plenty of parking adjacent to Blooms as this location is likely the largest paved location in Williamsburg!

Come one - Come all and bring what you're proud of!

See you on the 19th in Williamsburg

Sam Stevens - Event Coordinator - Cars & Coffee Williamsburg.

Last edited by DarkPath; 12-16-2011 at 2:27pm.
Old 10-28-2011, 6:52pm   #8
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Looks like plenty of parking, I hope I can catch up with you in December, Nov is out for me.
Old 12-16-2011, 2:31pm   #9
DarkPath
Vette Barn Regular

Got Hot-rod??

So far, We're on for tomorrow... Hope to see some of you at Williamsburg Crossing tomorrow - Cars & Coffee Williamsburg will be at the shopping center on the corner of 199 and Hwy 5... 8- 10 AM Please check on Facebook and or our website at Cars and Coffee Williamsburg before leaving in the AM in case of weather.

This is our last opportunity to get together in 2011. If rained out, that's it for December - next weekend is Christmas eve. So come on out one more time and get your car on! See you tomorrow!

C&C Wmbg
Old 01-20-2012, 8:44am   #10
DarkPath
Vette Barn Regular

Default Jan 21 C&C Wmbg

Rain is in the forecast for our event tomorrow, Saturday the 21st. However, the news this morning indicates we should only get rain overnight - but the rain should move out after 4 AM before returning sometime around noon.

I feel we can fit the event in between the showers. So for now I say we are a GO!

I will monitor the situation through the day, so check back on Facebook and at the website for any changes before leaving home... I hope to see you all tomorrow at the Williamsburg Crossing - corner of Highways 199 and 5 in Williamsburg VA. See you there!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:23pm   #11
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPath View Post
Rain is in the forecast for our event tomorrow, Saturday the 21st. However, the news this morning indicates we should only get rain overnight - but the rain should move out after 4 AM before returning sometime around noon.

I feel we can fit the event in between the showers. So for now I say we are a GO!

I will monitor the situation through the day, so check back on Facebook and at the website for any changes before leaving home... I hope to see you all tomorrow at the Williamsburg Crossing - corner of Highways 199 and 5 in Williamsburg VA. See you there!

I hope you are right, but the websites I have been checking all show rain tomorrow morning. I will be watching to see what happens also.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:20am   #12
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,610 Times in 761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $173

It's friggin' pouring !!
PortDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 3:35pm   #13
DarkPath
Vette Barn Regular

Default Cars & Coffee Williamsburg

Wow, here it is Friday and the weather forecast sounds great... a forecast high of a balmy 58 and partly sunny - In February! Last month we saw a Prowler, this month one of our patrons is threatening to bring out a Tesla, so the rest of us should bring our cameras.. Lets call February a warm up for March. Remember to SAVE the DATE of March 17th for the Spring Xtreme event! Lets bring 1,000,000 horse power out for a cup of coffee in Williamsburg. See you all tomorrow!

Need directions: Check the yellow sticky on the website for a map...

C&C Wmbg
Old 02-20-2012, 8:06am   #14
DarkPath
Vette Barn Regular

Default New Event Theme for March! Check it out

On Facebook?? If you plan on coming out to C&C Wmbg in the near future, why not make it March 17th. (St Paddy's Day) The Call is out to all Facebook sports car enthusiasts to try to make this event as we are shooting to lure 1,000,000 horsepower to Williamsburg that day. There may not be a pot -o- gold, but there will be sponsors and raffles... So why not join us and make C&C Williamsburg a part of your weekend blarney! Find sign up here.. Follow the simple instructions to sign up and add your horsepower to the total.

https://www.facebook.com/messages/?a...4060821278704/

Event Coordinator - C&C Wmbg

The Vette Barn > Corvette Events/Regional Discussion > Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion