Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2016, 9:40am   #1
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 8,427 Times in 4,262 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963
Default RIP Colin Powell

You were a great General. Too bad you will "commit suicide" very soon.

Powell email advising Clinton on personal email released

Quote:
Former secretary of State Colin Powell advised his successor, Hillary Clinton, on how to circumvent federal records requirements in a newly released email exchange about how best to handle communications over digital devices.

The email, dated two days after Clinton was sworn into office in 2009, was released by Rep. Elijah Cummings, the top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee. Cummings also included documentation showing that, during his tenure, Powell had sent classified emails over his private AOL account - but as of July, had still not responded to a request to contact his service provider to retrieve them.

"I had an ancient version of a PDA and used it," Powell said in the exchange with Clinton. "If it is public that you have a Blackberry," he said, "it may become an official record and subject to the law."

"Be very careful," warned Powell. "I got around it all by not saying much and not using systems that captured the data," he said, referring to private discussions outside the agency's classified system.

USA TODAY
Fact check: The FBI files on Clinton’s emails

The exchange shows that Powell gave Clinton “a detailed blueprint on how to skirt security rules and bypass requirements to preserve federal records, although Secretary Clinton has made clear that she did not rely on this advice," said Cummings. It "also illustrates the longstanding problem that no secretary of State ever used an official unclassified email account until the current secretary of State," said Cummings.

Republicans are pressing for additional investigations into Clinton's use of a private email server after FBI director James Comey declined to press criminal charges, even as he concluded that Clinton was "extremely careless" in her use of a private server. The email corroborates what Clinton told the FBI about Powell's advice to her, according to transcripts of her interview released last week.

In both 2014 and 2015, the State Department asked Powell to provide all of his records that were not in the agency’s record-keeping system. In March of 2015, Powell said during an appearance on ABC’s This Week that he no longer had emails from his personal account: “I do not have thousands of pages somewhere in my personal files," he said.

USA TODAY
Clinton controversies: A brief history

As of July, Powell still had not responded to a request to contact AOL. The Powell emails containing classified information had been identified by the agency's inspector general in February.

"The Republican obsession with Secretary Clinton has reached a fever pitch, and they have been using taxpayer resources to single her out in a desperate and abusive attempt to hurt her presidential campaign," said Cummings.

"If Republicans were truly concerned with transparency, strengthening FOIA, and preserving federal records, they would be attempting to recover Secretary Powell’s emails from AOL, but they have taken no steps to do so despite the fact that this period — including the run-up to the Iraq War — was critical to our nation’s history," said Cummings.

The release also shows the nature of Clinton's original solicitation for advice, dated Jan. 23 of 2009: "What were the restrictions on your use of your blackberry? Did you use it in your personal office? I've been told that the DSS personnel knew you had one and used it but no one fesses up to knowing how you used it! President Obama has struck a blow for berry addicts like us."

Powell has disputed the suggestion that he played a role in Clinton's decision to use a private system. “The truth is she was using it (her personal email) for a year before I sent her a memo telling her what I did," Powell told the New York Post in August. "Her people have been trying to pin it on me," he said.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:35am   #2
8Up
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,268 Times in 651 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11051621

I wonder how she will get him... Heart attack? Fall down the stairs? 'Accident' while jogging?
8Up is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8Up For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 10:36am   #3
Thunder22
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.3%

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,283 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $216475

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Up View Post
I wonder how she will get him... Heart attack? Fall down the stairs? 'Accident' while jogging?
Probably suggest that they meet in Chicago for some reason and then just let the rabble take him out.
Thunder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:37am   #4
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 33,907 Times in 12,352 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Powell clearly stated to Hillary that he had used puiblic email... "but not for classified material".

Colin was well respected by the Washington establishment in his time; they didn't see him as a "color", but instead al capable person.

It's sad to see that he abandoned those that truly thought highly of him... and to then run towards those that only want to exploit his color - for votes.
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:37am   #5
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Don't lift weights.

Don't take a walk in the park alone.

Don't be alone, really, ever.

Certainly don't drive without checking the brake lines.

Actually, don't drive or ride in a vehicle ever again.

And whatever you do, never clean your guns.

He needs to watch out 'cause Granny Scandals is out there.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:40am   #6
Thunder22
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.3%

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,283 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $216475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Don't lift weights.

Don't take a walk in the park alone.

Don't be alone, really, ever.

Certainly don't drive without checking the brake lines.

Actually, don't drive or ride in a vehicle ever again.

And whatever you do, never clean your guns.

He needs to watch out 'cause Granny Scandals is out there.
Let someone else start the car.
Thunder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:57am   #7
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Granny Scandals...

I watched the debate last night. Well, I often muted it when ole Hillbag was speaking but I watched it. One thing I did notice to happen, ole Illary didn't cough even once. I wonder how that happened since she always gets a coughing jag when speaking. Maybe it coulda been ole dude, seen before with the diazepam, gave her some help.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:59am   #8
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Granny Scandals...

I watched the debate last night. Well, I often muted it when ole Hillbag was speaking but I watched it. One thing I did not notice to happen, ole Illary didn't cough even once. I wonder how that happened since she always gets a coughing jag when speaking. Maybe it coulda been ole dude, seen before with the diazepam, gave her some help.
The drug cocktail she was on would have probably dropped a mule, that would be my guess. Her cough isn't related to her over-using her voice. It's something else, and because she won't address it at all other than "Shut up about it!" I assume it's probably something pretty serious. But then again I also think she'd rather tell a lie than the truth even if the truth was perfectly innocuous.

I can't take credit for Granny Scandals. My brother made that up when he posted a little rant on the book of faces a couple of weeks ago. Cracked me up and really flushed out the Hillbots.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:01am   #9
DaveK88
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1510990

Ear Wig. She then knew how to answer. No need to fake a coughing fit.

DaveK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:04am   #10
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK88 View Post
Ear Wig. She then knew how to answer. No need to fake a coughing fit.

For those who don't know what this is referencing, Hillary has in the past used an inductive earpiece that hides well in her left ear. She was wearing one last night.

She also wore it at the Benghazi hearings. Oh, and back in 2009 the day before she gave a speech to the UN where she was declared a great public speaker, Huma sent this email to her.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:14am   #11
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV

Quote:
For those who don't know what this is referencing, Hillary has in the past used an inductive earpiece that hides well in her left ear. She was wearing one last night.

if true, that would be a bombshell. But, I'm not so certain.

There's a trick older women use to hide age related sagging... not for a sagging butt, nor sagging bewbs, but sagging earlobes.

The stem of a heavy earlobe doesn't go thought the lobe only, instead is directed upwards into the outer ear canal (via an additional piercing route to that area). A "pearl" keeper is then pushed onto this stem poking up into the ear canal - to not only keep the earing in place... but to provide upwards support to not sag.

Upon closer look, I think that is what was being seen.

Her hesitations were possibly caused from the heavy medication she took to hide her health issues during the broadcast.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:19am   #12
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post

if true, that would be a bombshell. But, I'm not so certain.

There's a trick older women use to hide age related sagging... not for a sagging butt, nor sagging bewbs, but sagging earlobes.

The stem of a heavy earlobe doesn't go thought the lobe only, instead is directed upwards into the outer ear canal (via an additional piercing route to that area). A "pearl" keeper is then pushed onto this stem poking up into the ear canal - to not only keep the earing in place... but to provide upwards support to not sag.

Upon closer look, I think that is what was being seen.

Her hesitations were possibly caused from the heavy medication she took to hide her health issues during the broadcast.
Only if she had one in her left ear and not her right ear. There was nothing like this in her other ear.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:19am   #13
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.

Quote:
The drug cocktail she was on would have probably dropped a mule, that would be my guess. Her cough isn't related to her over-using her voice. It's something else, and because she won't address it at all other than "Shut up about it!" I assume it's probably something pretty serious. But then again I also think she'd rather tell a lie than the truth even if the truth was perfectly innocuous.

I can't take credit for Granny Scandals. My brother made that up when he posted a little rant on the book of faces a couple of weeks ago. Cracked me up and really flushed out the Hillbots.
OMG, did you see her spit those two lougies in the water glass? Man, that was the most interesting and revolting thing at the same time. Some folks say Parkinsons. Who knows. All I know, she's got something because she's hiding it like a fat kid with the last donut.

Tell your brother that's a good one.

Also, I so much enjoyed ole Hilldabeast getting put on blast in front of millions of folks by the former Navy pilot. I had such a big grin.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:22am   #14
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV

Quote:
Only if she had one in her left ear and not her right ear. There was nothing like this in her other ear.
point.

but I haven't seen any closeup pics of her other ear.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:22am   #15
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Oh yes. I posted it in that long "Candidates" thread that got moved to PR&C. Actually just mentioning her coughing attack Monday sorta triggered a couple of our guys here. Reminded me of the "Leave Brittany alone!" video.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 11:23am   #16
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
point.

but I haven't seen any closeup pics of her other ear.
I did earlier this morning. I will see if I can find them.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:27am   #17
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV

Quote:
I did earlier this morning. I will see if I can find them.
I don't need to actually see it; if you have already - that's good enough for me. It's just that I was unaware any pics of her other ear from last night existed.

does anyone think the next debate moderator will start-out by asking each candidate "are you wearing any communications device at the moment?"

hint: would only happen if Trump was the one being accused of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 11:32am   #18
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
I don't need to actually see it; if you have already - that's good enough for me. It's just that I was unaware any pics of her other ear from last night existed.

does anyone think the next debate moderator will start-out by asking each candidate "are you wearing any communications device at the moment?"

hint: would only happen if Trump was the one being accused of this.
At her little "news conference" today she had her hair covering her ears like you wouldn't believe. You'll never see her ears again when she's being asked questions.

Also note her diazapam injector pen holder dude is close by.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 11:42am   #19
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Quote:
At her little "news conference" today she had her hair covering her ears like you wouldn't believe. You'll never see her ears again when she's being asked questions.

Also note her diazapam injector pen holder dude is close by.
I've seen dude referenced by some in Reddit as Doc Chocula. All he needs is a cape and start moving around like Dracula. I'd freakin' lose it.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:47am   #20
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
I've seen dude referenced by some in Reddit as Doc Chocula. All he needs is a cape and start moving around like Dracula. I'd freakin' lose it.
One thing you see different from him than all the SS guys is that he is always focused on Hillary and doesn't crowd scan. That and he carries a diazapam injector pen...
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic