Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > General Corvette Topics > Detailing/Car Care
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Detailing/Car Care Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2009, 12:25pm   #1
Junkman2008
Charter Member
Detailing Guru
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $950
Default The Junkman's "Slow Cut" Paint Correction Technique

Hey boys and girls, the Junkman here with another video series! This time we introduce another way to maximize the power of your PC buy using a technique that makes up for lower OPM's when compared to the RPM's of a rotary polisher. I also use this technique to test the hardness (or softness) of a car's clear coat.

This technique was originally conceived to be used with harder type polishes. It enables the polish to be fully broken down and maximizes it's use. What you are going to see is that it can also be used with a polish like Swirl & Haze Remover. Furthermore, it allows you to use less product, while stretching the mileage of each application. It also saves your pads from getting caked up with product which is a major waste of money and resources.

The main reason I like this technique is it gives me an idea of what it is going to take for me to correct a given clear coat. Since some imports are known to have soft clear coats, the 800 pound gorilla technique may not be advisable. Thus, the slow cut method while very effective, will not beat up the clear coat. If it corrects the paint, then I know it the clear is not too hard. If it doesn't, out comes the "trunk monkey".

Another thing I use this technique for is to clean my pads as they began to collect product. When your pads are caked up with product, they no longer cut which makes them worthless. By switching in the slow cut technique, you can "clean" your pads of excess product without actually washing expensive product down the drain. This is a major money saver.

Enough talk, let's get to the videos!

The Videos

Here are some pictures from the experience:

That's all folks!

The Junkman
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > General Corvette Topics > Detailing/Car Care