Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2024, 11:47am   #21
DDSLT5
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 99.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
I remember several times when some guy in a car or truck tried to mess with me when I was riding my motorcycle back in the day. Many times I'd wave tailgaters around, or when that didn't work do a "reverse pass". At least four times it got more serious, and I'd stay far back then approach them at a stop light. Or follow them home. Attitudes change real fast when they don't have their two-ton shark cage to hide into.
I don't get cute with idiots in cars when I'm on my bike. I just open up the throttle and leave them safely behind.
DDSLT5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 11:48am   #22
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 7,999 Times in 3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSLT5 View Post
I don't get cute with idiots in cars when I'm on my bike. I just open up the throttle and leave them safely behind.
This was the 1970's-80's for me. Different times. No tinted glass, no cell phones, no guns/real road rage. Different world, not potentially fatal at any second.
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 11:49am   #23
Big bob
A Real Barner
Activity: 97.5%

Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
That happened to me twice, as a young kid (20) on my motorcycle. First time I stopped on the side of the road and got off my bike and they sped off, second time they followed me all the way home, I got off my bike, and they left. I was ready to rock and roll and had a helmet on, was young, strong, and stupid, and full of adrenaline. Today, I'd drive slowly to a police station or fire station and summon help. Yadkin and I used to be real badasses when we had hair, people. Believe it.

Name:  twins-kids-fighting.gif
Views: 33
Size:  664.6 KB
Big bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 11:49am   #24
BRUIZER
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 1,445 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
I've seen this a number of times. If he knew the truck was actually following him, he parked wrong side to the street unless he had a passenger. He also should have started blasting earlier.

Why would anyone drive home if they thought they were being followed? Especially armed. Better places to stop.
Because calling ahead by 2min warns those at home to take position?
Because there’s no witnesses and plenty of deep forest holes to hide the body?
BRUIZER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRUIZER For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2024, 1:17pm   #25
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,751 Times in 2,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSLT5 View Post
I wouldn't race them or even speed up. Best to get them ahead and think that they "won", whatever game that they were trying to play.
Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 1:58pm   #26
the new me
A Real Barner
Activity: 4.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUIZER View Post
Because calling ahead by 2min warns those at home to take position?
Because there’s no witnesses and plenty of deep forest holes to hide the body?
That's great.

I'm picturing the scene where they follow you up your driveway and don't notice that the gate closed behind them as they passed it.

Inside the following car, they're talking all kinds of tough guy stuff.

But when the guy they're following gets out of the car and turns out to be 6'6" 250 lbs and mean looking, they try to drive away and find they're trapped.

I had an old Chinese road-rager follow me once. I pulled over to let him pass and he stopped behind me. I waited, but he didn't do anything so after a bit I started driving and he followed me some more. So I pulled over and waited him out while he stayed behind me. After about five minutes he pulled up next to my truck, rolled down his passenger window and yelled at me in Chinese. I didn't say anything. But when he continued driving, I followed him. Then he decided he didn't want me to follow him home. This was in a gated community where I was going to visit a friend and didn't want this xiao chou (Chinese for "clown" -- I looked it up) to know where my friend lived and create trouble for my friend. I followed the Chinese guy until he exited the gated community, followed him out the gate. At that point he accelerated away, apparently no longer interested in further engagement, so I went the other way to go home, get my other vehicle and return to my friend's house.

It was weird. I never said a word to Xiao Chou. He was mad at me because he was stopped in a left turn lane and wasn't proceeding even though there was no oncoming traffic so I calmly went around him and turned left. Somehow that enraged him. Perhaps too much MSG in his system. I didn't want to engage because of Mark Twain's axiom about "never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." There's also another variant about people not being able to tell which one of you is the idiot.

the new me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the new me For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic