Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2020, 6:16am   #61
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
The point is, it's not he said, she said.....they have the actual emails. If they were fake, created out of thin air, that can be proven. They can be proven fake. There's audio recordings,one of Hunter bragging about being in business with the '****ing spy chief of China.' If that's a fake, it could be proven to be a fake. No one is showing any proof that these things are fake. No one is even making the claim that they are fake. It's 'Russian disinformation.' Note the rebuttal isn't "It's all fake." If it was fake, the emails were faked, why not just say it? Why not say, these were faked, and here's how we forensically proved they were faked?
All valid points.
I can't answer any of them, as I have no idea if what they claim that they have is even true. Not only that, the sources are totally suspect as well.
Recordings??? Who are those people talking? Did you have a voice expert compare them to who you claim that they are?
I can't believe that you, of all people, fall for the BS Conspiracy BS.
If there was legit proof, it would be pursued. It's FAKE POLITICAL Conspiracy BS
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 6:35am   #62
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19,'20
Points: 112,204, Level: 100
Activity: 30.8%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 44,708
Thanks: 14,257
Thanked 18,492 Times in 8,923 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2619261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
All valid points.
I can't answer any of them, as I have no idea if what they claim that they have is even true.
Let's just play Devil's Advocate for a minute. Let's say, just for argument's sake, that what they claim to have IS true. Would it make any difference to you, or would you still be an enthusiastic Biden supporter?

There are no wrong answers, it's just a hypothetical question.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 6:43am   #63
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Let's just play Devil's Advocate for a minute. Let's say, just for argument's sake, that what they claim to have IS true. Would it make any difference to you, or would you still be an enthusiastic Biden supporter?

There are no wrong answers, it's just a hypothetical question.
Compared to Trump's treasonous actions, no, it would not at this point .
I have two choices.
I'm not saying that either are acceptable to me.
What I am saying is that I'll take the lesser evil.
4 more years of Trump will kill this country.
Look how people on this forum are at each other's throats, let alone the general public. Trump is a stupid man who thinks that he can PT Barnum his way through life. This is reality , not a reality show. He is ruining so many lives with his personal agendas and lack of attention to the real issues.
Proof. You have it Bill. Go present it to the DA.
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:06am   #64
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 88,511, Level: 100
Activity: 18.5%
 
mrvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orange Park Florida
Posts: 50,702
Thanks: 25,543
Thanked 7,897 Times in 4,300 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1137591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Compared to Trump's treasonous actions, no, it would not at this point .
I have two choices.
I'm not saying that either are acceptable to me.
What I am saying is that I'll take the lesser evil.
4 more years of Trump will kill this country.
Look how people on this forum are at each other's throats, let alone the general public. Trump is a stupid man who thinks that he can PT Barnum his way through life. This is reality , not a reality show. He is ruining so many lives with his personal agendas and lack of attention to the real issues.
Proof. You have it Bill. Go present it to the DA.
It's all you have, just the opposite of the TRUTH!!!!
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:10am   #65
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
It's all you have, just the opposite of the TRUTH!!!!
Really Gene ? Who Does This ???

Trump paints apocalyptic portrait of life in US under Biden

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-pai...043454097.html

Do you really believe that a sitting president is spewing this vitriol ????
It's not just the opposite of the truth. Wake up !
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:14am   #66
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 20,009, Level: 97
Activity: 99.0%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 7,368
Thanks: 3,054
Thanked 8,968 Times in 3,178 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1022290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Yeah, OK....

Tucker Carlson’s Conspiracy Theory Falls Apart

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/tucke...032908745.html

Twitter comments are hilarious

Tucker Carlson and FOX News are an absolute joke.
FAKE NEWS to the nth...



It's amazing how the Dumpers get sucked into all of those conspiracy theories so easily.
For supposedly edumacated people, they sure don't act so educatedly.
Badmouthing Fox News based on Huffpost info. Hiliarious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Compared to Trump's treasonous actions, no, it would not at this point .
I have two choices.
I'm not saying that either are acceptable to me.
What I am saying is that I'll take the lesser evil.
4 more years of Trump will kill this country.
Look how people on this forum are at each other's throats, let alone the general public. Trump is a stupid man who thinks that he can PT Barnum his way through life. This is reality , not a reality show. He is ruining so many lives with his personal agendas and lack of attention to the real issues.
Proof. You have it Bill. Go present it to the DA.
To the point in red, do you honestly believe that if Biden is POTUS the half of the population that voted against him will quietly STFU, hug and sing Kumbaya? This country is polarized, and that won't change regardless of who the POTUS is.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 7:14am   #67
Strats-N-Vettes
A Real Barner
Points: 84,406, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Strats-N-Vettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ♫♫ ♪ ♫♫♫ ♪ ♫♫
Posts: 6,343
Thanks: 112
Thanked 9,477 Times in 3,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2031741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post

4 more years of Trump will kill this country.

Look how people on this forum are at each other's throats, let alone the general public. Trump is a stupid man who thinks that he can PT Barnum his way through life. This is reality , not a reality show.

He is ruining so many lives with his personal agendas and lack of attention to the real issues.
Proof. You have it Bill. Go present it to the DA.

bolded:
Wrong...it's the hate of Trump that is killing the country because the MSM pushes that particular agenda.
When the media was unbiased several years ago, people were accustomed to thinking for themselves, now; they let the MSM tell them what is truth and what isn't.

red:
The forum is not at each others throat...you are.
You come here and troll....period
The forum was quiet and getting along just fine while you were gone.



blue:
Wrong again.
People are responsible for their own lives and happiness.
The old saying:
"life is what you make of it"
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 7:17am   #68
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

You have my answers. Strats & Steve want to beat a dead horse.
Let the cards fall where they may on Tuesday.
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:27am   #69
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 20,009, Level: 97
Activity: 99.0%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 7,368
Thanks: 3,054
Thanked 8,968 Times in 3,178 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1022290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
You have my answers. Strats & Steve want to beat a dead horse.
Let the cards fall where they may on Tuesday.
Well, there ya go. No intelligent response so, once again, "I'm out of here." Classic Jeffie.

I recently read a study by a large University that placed most of the blame for the unrest and division in this country not on the two parties, not on the POTUS, not on racism or any specific issue, but squarely on social media, mainly FaceBook, Twitter and similar platforms. Those things promote divisiveness since that's what gets posts, which attract more advertisers with their big money.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 7:28am   #70
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Well, there ya go. No intelligent response so, once again, "I'm out of here." Classic Jeffie.

I recently read a study by a large University that placed most of the blame for the unrest and division in this country not on the two parties, not on the POTUS, not on racism or any specific issue, but squarely on social media, mainly FaceBook, Twitter and similar platforms. Those things promote divisiveness since that's what gets posts, which attract more advertisers with their big money.
I guess you didn't read the entire thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1e1uhj.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	48566
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:28am   #71
Strats-N-Vettes
A Real Barner
Points: 84,406, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Strats-N-Vettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ♫♫ ♪ ♫♫♫ ♪ ♫♫
Posts: 6,343
Thanks: 112
Thanked 9,477 Times in 3,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2031741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
You have my answers.
Strats & Steve want to beat a dead horse.
Let the cards fall where they may on Tuesday.

1.)I've civilly asked you serious questions in the past that you refused to answer.
I know why.

2.)You think you know who I support because I call out the hypocrisy and hate of most Democrats, majority of the MSM, and the supposed leaders in Congress, the Senate, etc....


Fact of the matter is; I cannot stand the pettiness, arrogance, nor the condescending remarks made by Trump.
But you wouldn't know that because you read and react with emotions, instead of reading and comprehension.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 7:30am   #72
Strats-N-Vettes
A Real Barner
Points: 84,406, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Strats-N-Vettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ♫♫ ♪ ♫♫♫ ♪ ♫♫
Posts: 6,343
Thanks: 112
Thanked 9,477 Times in 3,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2031741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
I recently read a study by a large University that placed most of the blame for the unrest and division in this country not on the two parties, not on the POTUS, not on racism or any specific issue, but squarely on social media, mainly FaceBook, Twitter and similar platforms. Those things promote divisiveness since that's what gets posts, which attract more advertisers with their big money.

That's what I was typing too....
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 7:32am   #73
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
That's what I was typing too....
Read the entire thread.
I'm not regurgitating things that I've already posted, just because you're lazy
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:33am   #74
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
1.)I've civilly asked you serious questions in the past that you refused to answer.
I know why.

2.)You think you know who I support because I call out the hypocrisy and hate of most Democrats, majority of the MSM, and the supposed leaders in Congress, the Senate, etc....


Fact of the matter is; I cannot stand the pettiness, arrogance, nor the condescending remarks made by Trump.
But you wouldn't know that because you read and react with emotions, instead of reading and comprehension.
I think we're closer in opinion than we both think.
Read the entire thread
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:34am   #75
Strats-N-Vettes
A Real Barner
Points: 84,406, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Strats-N-Vettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ♫♫ ♪ ♫♫♫ ♪ ♫♫
Posts: 6,343
Thanks: 112
Thanked 9,477 Times in 3,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2031741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Read the entire thread.
I'm not regurgitating things that I've already posted, just because you're lazy

Reacting with emotions and insults again.

Your assumption is I didn't read the entire thread.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 7:35am   #76
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
Reacting with emotions and insults again.

Your assumption is I didn't read the entire thread.
I personally DGAFF
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:42am   #77
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 20,009, Level: 97
Activity: 99.0%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 7,368
Thanks: 3,054
Thanked 8,968 Times in 3,178 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1022290
Default

Jeff, here's a serious question: Are you voting for Biden, or against Trump?

In my international travels over the past few years I get a lot of questions about how and why we elected Trump. My standard answer is that most people voted against Hillary instead of for Trump, and that we had perhaps the two worst candidates in the history of the nation. It's no better this time; we have Trump again or a senile old man who probably won't last four years. Two shitty candidates is a pretty ****ed up choice.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 7:46am   #78
Strats-N-Vettes
A Real Barner
Points: 84,406, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Strats-N-Vettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ♫♫ ♪ ♫♫♫ ♪ ♫♫
Posts: 6,343
Thanks: 112
Thanked 9,477 Times in 3,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2031741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
I think we're closer in opinion than we both think.
Read the entire thread

I already know this because I read everything you write, and understand what prompts you to write what you do.

*You take every news article written by the MSM at face value, literal, and never research where it comes from, or if it is in fact originated as an opinion piece.
I don't.
And I don't care where it comes from, right or left.

Feeding coy fish in China
Covington Catholic
Brett Kavanaugh
Not denouncing white supremacy.
Russian collusion
Ukraine quid pro quo
nothing burger

No reason to write more of what the MSM spews as facts, you see what I am getting at.


*
I also know sometimes you don't believe what is written, but post it here just to stir up crap with the VB members = trolling.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 7:54am   #79
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 132,514, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,398
Thanks: 6,171
Thanked 10,205 Times in 6,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3042692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Jeff, here's a serious question: Are you voting for Biden, or against Trump?

In my international travels over the past few years I get a lot of questions about how and why we elected Trump. My standard answer is that most people voted against Hillary instead of for Trump, and that we had perhaps the two worst candidates in the history of the nation. It's no better this time; we have Trump again or a senile old man who probably won't last four years. Two shitty candidates is a pretty ****ed up choice.
Against Trump.
Yep, it's a no win.
Jeff '79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 8:58am   #80
snide
Potnonomicaphobe
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 99,529, Level: 100
Activity: 99.4%
 
snide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I could never live there.
Posts: 106,496
Thanks: 75,683
Thanked 17,346 Times in 8,551 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $109031631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Against Trump.
Yep, it's a no win.
If you don't want to vote for Trump, fine, don't vote for Trump.

But voting for Biden because you don't like Trump is foolish, IMHO. A better use of your vote would be to write in Mickey Mouse.
snide is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:20am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page