Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 5:35pm   #81
War Eagle ZO6
A Real Barner
Activity: 40.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1006507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
No Thomas, your post wasn't racist.

This, is racist;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo Fuel View Post
Old 01-23-2013, 7:51pm   #82
RED-85-Z51
The Hooptie Whisperer
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 3,384 Times in 1,753 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1975165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
I could care less about your politics. My comment was directed at your recent postings. You are the same guy that started a Robert E Lee thread on MLK day.
Thats not bad, i sat here for the better part of an hour and contemplated making a "Happy James Earl Ray Day" thread but I decided to do it on facebook instead.

fwiw, i am a White Southerner, I do drive a 4X4, listen to country music too loud, think that Robert E. Lee was the greatest general ever, that the south shall rise again, that cornbread should be a part of every meal...

I also think that Black people should have equal rights and that many years ago they were given a gift by the greatest country there ever was, and that for whatever reason alot of them today dont understand the value of that gift, nor the Sacrifices made so they could get that gift *not just the civil rights movement, but moreso the soldiers who gave their lives to keep us all free*, and they are pissing it away and playing the race card whenever they can, like a crutch... Equal rights should mean equal sacrifice, equal payment, equal take...

a good friend works for a local office that oversees food stamps, welfare, etc...and he (a black man) said that a young lady in her late 20's was telling him that she has been on stamps, welfare, etc for years...due to "acute racial depression"...because of "what her people have been through"....'

not shitting you..and he wouldnt lie about it, he siad he just shook his head, nothing he could do..she was approved for some kind of raise or extension or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to RED-85-Z51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 8:10pm   #83
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-85-Z51 View Post
Thats not bad, i sat here for the better part of an hour and contemplated making a "Happy James Earl Ray Day" thread but I decided to do it on facebook instead.

fwiw, i am a White Southerner, I do drive a 4X4, listen to country music too loud, think that Robert E. Lee was the greatest general ever, that the south shall rise again, that cornbread should be a part of every meal...

I also think that Black people should have equal rights and that many years ago they were given a gift by the greatest country there ever was, and that for whatever reason alot of them today dont understand the value of that gift, nor the Sacrifices made so they could get that gift *not just the civil rights movement, but moreso the soldiers who gave their lives to keep us all free*, and they are pissing it away and playing the race card whenever they can, like a crutch... Equal rights should mean equal sacrifice, equal payment, equal take...

a good friend works for a local office that oversees food stamps, welfare, etc...and he (a black man) said that a young lady in her late 20's was telling him that she has been on stamps, welfare, etc for years...due to "acute racial depression"...because of "what her people have been through"....'

not shitting you..and he wouldnt lie about it, he siad he just shook his head, nothing he could do..she was approved for some kind of raise or extension or something.
I couldn't have said it any better. BTW, get ready to be called a racist....
Old 01-23-2013, 8:23pm   #84
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272

Didn't you post pics one time of one of your best employees ? Seems like the guy had a desk next to you or in the same room...and wasn't he black ? Didn't Neece, post a thread and pics about her favorite artist that also happens to be black ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle ZO6 View Post
We had a thread about this going on at CFOT that got locked and now folks think I am a racist........and shit. WTF?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:15pm   #85
RED-85-Z51
The Hooptie Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
I couldn't have said it any better. BTW, get ready to be called a racist....
Thats fine, ive been called worse by better...

Ive been called a bigot because I openly dislike homosexual relationships/tendencies...which is fine, okay, if my opinion makes me a bigot, then im a bigot, im not going to change my thinking, or my morals because it goes against someone elses thinking.

Ive been called a racist because I had a "Southern Outfitters" T=shirt that showed a cotton field on the back with people harvesting...the text read something like "Southern Legacy"....or something.

A black guy told me a I was a racist pig because the people harvesting the cotton were black, and that I promoted slavery....

Whats sad is, id never even looked at the color of their skin, nor even thought that the manufacturer would have taken the time to put that kind of detail into that feature, but they did. The thing is though, slavery happened, it existed, white traders took black men and women from Africa, shipped them to America..and sold them into a live of servitude. Conditions were vile, treatment was sub-humane, pay was nil...its not something im proud of, but its a part of american and african american history. We got past it, ammends were made, rights were given...and now, a century later, its like "you owe us because the man that owned my great great grandaddy was white, and you are white, you racist cracker"....

But then...I dont really give a flying **** what anyone thinks about me, not Joe...not anyone,..but especially not joe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RED-85-Z51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42pm   #86
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,611 Times in 13,603 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander View Post
You know what's interesting and I just noticed it...she rolled her eyes at him as he was speaking to the President...yet the President turned away laughing with Boehner.

Interesting. Maybe cracked a "male" joke?
It looks like he said "Wait for me".
Old 01-24-2013, 12:33am   #87
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Who cares why she rolled her eyes..

I wanna know where he wiped his booger.
Old 01-24-2013, 5:38am   #88
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272

Everyone agrees slavery was wrong. Those poor people endured a terrible enslaved life, back then. Their descendents today, would never have known Jesus, if they hadn't been removed from the continent though. You also have to wonder, what kind of life they would be living today, if they had never left and stayed in Africa. That is the reason, I don't understand - African-American. I think I would want to be referred to as only American, if born here.

Quote:
The thing is though, slavery happened, it existed, white traders took black men and women from Africa, shipped them to America..and sold them into a live of servitude. Conditions were vile, treatment was sub-humane, pay was nil...its not something im proud of, but its a part of american and african american history. We got past it, ammends were made, rights were given...and now, a century later, its like "you owe us because the man that owned my great great grandaddy was white, and you are white, you racist cracker"....
Old 01-24-2013, 6:11am   #89
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
A black guy told me a I was a racist pig because the people harvesting the cotton were black, and that I promoted slavery....
Wearing the t shirt doesn't make you a racist. Wearing the t shirt doesn't indicate you promote slavery.

[LiberalThomas] The t shirt we're discussing is however in poor taste. Who would want to be reminded their ancestors were bought and sold like used cars? "Kinda Tacky" as my mother would say. [/LiberalThomas]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 7:28am   #90
neece
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Didn't you post pics one time of one of your best employees ? Seems like the guy had a desk next to you or in the same room...and wasn't he black ? Didn't Neece, post a thread and pics about her favorite artist that also happens to be black ?
He is not my favorite artist, but I like folk art and his work. But my favorite artist is another black man from Guntersville, AL. I started a thread about Beyonce lip syncing while wearing two millions dollars of jewels. I figured she makes a great living off of her ability to entertain, and that is the American way, so why not sing it live? Was she afraid to fail? That's life, people are forgiving if you try hard. Anyways, I guess that makes me a racist to some. I have no hatred for anyone in my heart. I do not feel like I should have any more rights than the next guy and I would never ask anyone to do something I wasn't willing to do myself. I guess I should just keep my opinions to myself from now on.
Old 01-24-2013, 8:06am   #91
lander
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.1%

Thanked 1,530 Times in 799 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921

Quote:
Originally Posted by neece View Post
He is not my favorite artist, but I like folk art and his work. But my favorite artist is another black man from Guntersville, AL. I started a thread about Beyonce lip syncing while wearing two millions dollars of jewels. I figured she makes a great living off of her ability to entertain, and that is the American way, so why not sing it live? Was she afraid to fail? That's life, people are forgiving if you try hard. Anyways, I guess that makes me a racist to some. I have no hatred for anyone in my heart. I do not feel like I should have any more rights than the next guy and I would never ask anyone to do something I wasn't willing to do myself. I guess I should just keep my opinions to myself from now on.

If you do that, then the bigots win.
The Following User Says Thank You to lander For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 9:28am   #92
neece
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander View Post

If you do that, then the bigots win.
That's okay. I live on planet Neecetopia and am used to social misunderstandings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neece For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 9:30am   #93
RED-85-Z51
The Hooptie Whisperer

Racist would have been if Johnny Rebel had been invited to sing a few songs at the innauguaration [sp?]....

Im sure he would have been more than delighted to play a few choice songs...
Old 01-24-2013, 10:11am   #94
Utah997
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $577

Wow.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

I'm really not sure when the president and his family will learn, that when they are in public they are being recorded every second. Either by news cameras, someone's cell phone.. etc. ANYTHING you do will end up on youtube.

What a national embarrassment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Utah997 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13am   #95
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 13,007 Times in 7,317 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah997 View Post
Wow.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

I'm really not sure when the president and his family will learn, that when they are in public they are being recorded every second. Either by news cameras, someone's cell phone.. etc. ANYTHING you do will end up on youtube.

What a national embarrassment.
Was this one of your three token posts per year over here?

Welcome back!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24am   #96
War Eagle ZO6
A Real Barner
Activity: 40.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1006507

Quote:
That's okay. I live on planet Neecetopia and am used to social misunderstandings.
Boop Boop diddum daddum waddum choo
And they swam and they swam
Right over the damn.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:36am   #97
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:

Freedom is a gift? Voting is a gift? Being able to eat at the same lunch counter as a white man is a gift? Not being lynched for looking at a white woman is a gift?

And do you think for a minute that black people did not serve in the military to defend YOUR rights? Black people make up about 25% of the US military. When were YOU in the military?

Do you not know that more white people are on welfare and food stamps that black people?

And you made a post for James Earl Ray on facebook?

The most incredible thing about your post is that you don't even understand how offensive your whole world view is. What the fuk is wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Everyone agrees slavery was wrong. Those poor people endured a terrible enslaved life, back then. Their descendents today, would never have known Jesus, if they hadn't been removed from the continent though.
Congratulations. This is the most fuked up thing I've ever read here.

Blacks people should be grateful that their ancestors were beaten, raped, murdered and enslaved because now they get to "know Jesus"? Where the hell was your messiah when all that shit was going on in the first place?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:44am   #98
Superstreet
Barn Stall Owner #28
Activity: 0.9%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,193 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1346307

Quote:
I thought you lived in Thomasville?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:52am   #99
neece
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle ZO6 View Post
And they swam and they swam
Right over the damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstreet View Post
I thought you lived in Thomasville?
No way! I have my very own planet and a language only I can understand!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54am   #100
Blademaker
Barn Stall Owner #89
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 6,755 Times in 3,413 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $536709986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Blacks people should be grateful that their ancestors were beaten, raped, murdered and enslaved because now they get to "know Jesus"? Where the hell was your messiah when all that shit was going on in the first place?
Maybe we're just sick and tired of having it thrown in our faces time and time again.
Gets pretty old, fast.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blademaker For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic