Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion

C4 Open Discussion General and technical C4 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2013, 9:06am   #61
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 87.8%

Thanked 7,705 Times in 3,420 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Since some of you don't venture to OT... I'll put this here.

A few more Utah quality pics...

RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2013, 9:07am   #62
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

The body is pretty decent but in the end it looks like... well... a used race car. Seeing as I will be getting it home most likely sometime mid November and Mike is taking care of the few mechanical issues before I pick it up, I will have absolutely nothing better to do over the winter than spend some time on the cosmetic issues. I should be able to take care of most of it with some simple fiberglass work.

Until somebody pays me to put their name on it which let's face it, isn't going to be happening anytime soon I need a scheme on it. I'm thinking something like this (minus the contingency decals):

For the cost of even a home paint job on it that was even a remotely decent quality, I could easily put a full black carbon fiber wrap on it. The POW! Motorsports logos are going on either way.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2013, 3:58pm   #63
nutz4c4
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4969152

F'n SWEET...
nutz4c4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 7:33pm   #64
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Got some picture updates from Mike on the progress today.

Engine and exhaust is in. Still a little bit of wiring to clean up and waiting on new injectors for it to be complete...

Interior is coming along. Trans and shifter are in. Seat leg extensions are built.

Looking forward to that road trip to Florida to pick this dude up!
Old 11-13-2013, 9:52am   #65
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Well... it took a 2300+ mile road trip with a 26' trailer the whole way, but it was worth it. Left on Thursday from Louisville to head down south. Spent the weekend in sunny Florida (beats the freezing temps here in KY for sure). Sunday morning, hooked up the trailer and took off straight to VIR for the Trackdaze HPDE to test it out.

I had some minor hiccups but nothing too unusual for a "new" car. First session I had a WICKED vibration on the out lap. Turned out to be nothing more than an old wheel weight that was missed when mounting the new tires. Pulled it off and made it out just in time to get 1 lap. The following session ended with a tow back from the pits to our spot WAY up the hill (thankfully the paddock will be ready next time I'm there). I shut it off in the pits when they pulled us all in after a wreck and had no starter when I tried to fire it back up. Turned out to be nothing more than a loose wire.

After back to back sessions flagged for people stuffing cars into walls I FINALLY got a few laps under my belt in the afternoon. All I can say is WOW. This thing is the definition of fun. It is also a complete 180 departure from the Corvettes. The learning curve is STEEP with the clutch in the pits and the Jerico. I'm sure plenty of people were laughing at the clown who couldn't drive through the pits but by the end of the day I had it pretty much figured out. Functional... but not quite smooth yet.

The clutchless shifting is an absolute blast. As good as it feels to rip through a good heel-toe braking zone, this is a whole new level of awesome. The brakes are simply amazing. The pedal pressures are WAY more than the Vettes, but they are unbelievably precise and predictable. I never even began to push hard and was still braking deeper than I ever could with my C5Z with the AP T1s. As I get better with the bias adjust, getting them dialed in should make it even better.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to hook up any data or video so I have no hard numbers but it feels like a rocket. The track was packed... I don't think I had a single lap without having to deal with at least 3-4 cars. I was also just getting used to it. I wasn't even remotely coming close to pushing hard. I was coasting into braking zones, short shifting, and being very gentle on the throttle. Even with all of that, my father was clocking laps in the 2:10 range. Through massive traffic and driving about 50%, I'm more than happy with that. There are a LOT of seconds to be gained. Unfortunately, it will all be paved and widened next time I'm there so I won't get a good comparison in lap times with my previous cars.

OK... enough rambling. Gotta work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2013, 6:57pm   #66
jda67gta
Barn Stall Owner #37
Barn Raising I,II,III
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'15,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $514865

because racecar...