Old 03-10-2011, 2:04pm   #1
ChasC5
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320
biggrin Tea Party pressures Boehner in budget battle

Chickens are coming home to roost.

Quote:
(Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner is under pressure from fiscal conservatives in his own party to push steep spending cuts, with a Tea Party stalwart likening the Ohio Republican to "a fool" for not taking a sharper knife to public programs.

Boehner's House Republicans are leading the way in the rush to cut spending to bring down the budget deficit, due to reach a record $1.65 trillion this year, equivalent to 10.9 percent of the U.S. economy.

Republicans have proposed cuts of $61 billion in fiscal year 2011 from current levels, a step President Barack Obama says would choke the faltering economic recovery.

But for some in the Tea Party, it is not enough. They say the figure should be at least $100 billion.

"Congressman Boehner, you look like a fool," Judson Phillips, founder of Tea Party Nation, one of the loosely organized conservative movement's most prominent groups, wrote in a recent blog.

"The Tea Party movement sprang up in 2009 as a reaction to insane government spending. In (the) 2010 election, the American people spoke, demanding change," Phillips wrote. "John Boehner did not get the message."

The Tea Party pressure comes as Boehner leads the Republican side in negotiations with the White House and Democrats to work out a spending bill for 2011. They must reach a long-term deal or a short-term funding bill by March 18 or some government services will shut down.

Boehner, 61, a former small businessman from America's heartland, has been a frequent partisan warrior during his two decades in Congress. The son of a bar owner, Boehner used to share a bathroom with 11 siblings at their childhood home in Ohio. He has a natural mistrust of big government.

Tea Party pressures Boehner in budget battle | Reuters
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 2:14pm   #2
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 11,552 Times in 5,695 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

A 50% cut to ALL .gov operations in about a week is possible.....and desirable....

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:00pm   #3
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Get out the hatchet and cut the budget to the black and I am taxed enough already
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06pm   #4
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
A 50% cut to ALL .gov operations in about a week is possible.....and desirable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Get out the hatchet and cut the budget to the black and I am taxed enough already
Can you specify exactly which operations, budgets etc. please ...
Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:08pm   #5
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
Can you specify exactly which operations, budgets etc. please ...
Old 03-10-2011, 10:18pm   #6
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

100% Medicade and let each state decide who needs what. Govt workers 50% like Clinton did to the military when he was in charge. 100% farm handouts for corn farmers, cost more to make ethanol vs the burning of it. Scrap the HC bill as the hidden 100 billion and 500 billion in doubled counted money are a good start.

You guys that are for red spending what would you cut and nothing or 4 billion as the Senate libs are for is a joke.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30pm   #7
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
what would you cut and nothing or 4 billion as the Senate libs are for is a joke.
spoken like a man in the insurance biz. what would I cut? how 'bout corporate welfare? damn straight. cut it all to hell. too much is not enough.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:34pm   #8
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
spoken like a man in the insurance biz. what would I cut? how 'bout corporate welfare? damn straight. cut it all to hell. too much is not enough.
You have no ideas about cutting, but you are great at diversion, I am tired of spending my money on no return, especially when we are running record decifits yearly under Obama, 1.65 Trillion is lots of $$ and your diversion is a stupid comment as usual from spend America to be like Greece, Spain, Ireland, were are on the Obama fast track to this reality in America
Old 03-10-2011, 10:42pm   #9
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
100% Medicade and let each state decide who needs what. Govt workers 50% like Clinton did to the military when he was in charge. 100% farm handouts for corn farmers, cost more to make ethanol vs the burning of it. Scrap the HC bill as the hidden 100 billion and 500 billion in doubled counted money are a good start.

You guys that are for red spending what would you cut and nothing or 4 billion as the Senate libs are for is a joke.
Well, what I meant was, with regards to the next 10 years, trillions of dollars need to be slashed now just to break even with interest compounded just on the existing National Debt ... this is the GOP/Tea Party *new* Austerity program ...

Simple capitalism relies on spending or *investment* both private & govt. to increase revenues both public & private and to sustain such a monstrous economy and to recover from the Bush economic collapse ...

So I'm a little confused why the GOP would need to water-down the Stimulus that was to be the catalyst for a host of economic dynamics just to thwart the Bush economic collapse and hold the Govt. hostage to give tax breaks that incresed the defcits by another 1/4 Trillion dollars ...

So again, interject at anytime with specifics as to how your recommendations are attributable to ... well, anything ....
Old 03-10-2011, 10:43pm   #10
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:

I'd start will ending subsidies to Oil Com.
Bring home our troops
Use half those troops to defend the border
Stop over taxing the poor and under taxing the rich

Then smoke a cigar
Old 03-10-2011, 10:46pm   #11
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Well, what I meant was, with regards to the next 10 years, trillions of dollars need to be slashed now just to break even with interest compounded just on the existing National Debt ... this is the GOP/Tea Party *new* Austerity program ...

Simple capitalism relies on spending or *investment* both private & govt. to increase revenues both public & private and to sustain such a monstrous economy and to recover from the Bush economic collapse ...

So I'm a little confused why the GOP would need to water-down the Stimulus that was to be the catalyst for a host of economic dynamics just to thwart the Bush economic collapse and hold the Govt. hostage to give tax breaks that incresed the defcits by another 1/4 Trillion dollars ...

So again, interject at anytime with specifics as to how your recommendations are attributable to ... well, anything ....
So you have no cuts at all, medicade cuts are forever not just this year, the farm handouts are forever, HC bill is forever as the costs of this to implement will be costly just noting the two huge lies already noted.

Big internet talker without any ideas at all, normal diversion from the question I asked of you libs on this board, I have given a few cuts that can go on forever and those are real $$.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:52pm   #12
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
So you have no cuts at all, medicade cuts are forever not just this year, the farm handouts are forever, HC bill is forever as the costs of this to implement will be costly just noting the two huge lies already noted.

Big internet talker without any ideas at all, normal diversion from the question I asked of you libs on this board, I have given a few cuts that can go on forever and those are real $$.
I see ... well, the GOP has called for a $61 Billion slash to certain Govt. operations ... impress us with your great command on these operations in terms of their function and profitability or waste ... just for starts ...
Old 03-10-2011, 10:55pm   #13
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
I'd start will ending subsidies to Oil Com.
Bring home our troops
Use half those troops to defend the border
Stop over taxing the poor and under taxing the rich

Then smoke a cigar
The poor pay no Federal taxes, only 53% of Americans pay Federal taxes so you are wrong the middle class and rich already carry Americans.

Where do you bring the troops home from 100% of overseas?
What do you do with the other half of the troops lay them off, like Clinton did when he was president? That is ok they do not have a union to back them up
Old 03-10-2011, 10:57pm   #14
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
I see ... well, the GOP has called for a $61 Billion slash to certain Govt. operations ... impress us with your great command on these operations in terms of their function and profitability or waste ... just for starts ...
61 billion is a joke, cut 1 trillion this year and get the budget for 2012 in the black. Oh time to get some of those 47% of Americans who pay no Federal taxes on the tax rolls that will help with the deficit, or maybe they will not want all the freebies if they have to pay for them
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19pm   #15
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
61 billion is a joke, cut 1 trillion this year and get the budget for 2012 in the black. Oh time to get some of those 47% of Americans who pay no Federal taxes on the tax rolls that will help with the deficit, or maybe they will not want all the freebies if they have to pay for them
I see ... so you're cluless even about your own stuff ... this is todays new meaning of *conservative* ... like the use of your brain ... sad.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion