User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2011, 11:35am   #1
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154
Default SEN. JOHN BARRASSO: ObamaCare One Year Later -- Broken Promises and Unhappy Americans

SEN. JOHN BARRASSO: ObamaCare One Year Later -- Broken Promises and Unhappy Americans
By Sen. John Barrasso

Published March 08, 2011
| FoxNews.com
Print Email Share Comments (48) Text Size

“We have to pass the bill so you can find out what’s in it.”

Those were Nancy Pelosi’s words a year ago tomorrow about the president’s new health care law. Now, one year later, the American people know what’s in it and they still don’t like it.

Americans want the health care they need, from the doctor they want, at a price they can afford. The new law fails this test. It’s only taken a year to break almost every one of the president’s promises. Let’s take a look, month by month, at how those promises were broken.

In March of 2010, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) evaluated the law to see how much it would cost. They told us that this law could only reduce the deficit if it did something about the long term insolvency of Medicare. Instead, the Democrats cut over $500 billion from Medicare to start a new entitlement – a decision that the CBO said would increase the deficit by $260 billion.

In April, we learned that the costs for those Medicare cuts go beyond dollars and cents. An analysis by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) found that these cuts could drive up to 15% of hospitals out of business. For this administration, the shortage of hospitals apparently takes a back seat to the shortage of Washington bureaucrats.

In May, we learned that over 200,000 Americans with preexisting conditions and expensive health insurance would not be eligible to enroll in the new high risk pools created in the health care law. That is, unless they dropped their insurance and went without coverage for 6 months.

In June, after the administration sent over four million post cards to small businesses claiming that they would be eligible for a “tax credit,” the Associated Press blew the whistle. It turned out that the only businesses that were eligible for these “tax credits” employed fewer than 25 people. Moreover, the AP reported that the tax credit “drops off sharply” if a company employs more than 10 people at a salary of more than $25,000.

In July, the Obama administration’s own Justice Department confirmed the individual mandate penalty is a tax increase. When ABC News' George Stephanopoulos asked the President if the mandate penalty was a tax increase, he said “I absolutely reject that notion.” So why is his own Justice Department contradicting him?

In August, without so much as a hearing before Congress, the president made a recess appointment. He tapped Dr. Donald Berwick to run the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – a position that includes oversight of a budget larger than the Pentagon’s. Dr. Berwick believes the government must ration health care, and that the only issue is whether we “ration with our eyes open.” The president promised not to ration care. So why did he appoint someone who believes it’s inevitable?

In September, the administration released new rules estimating that 80 percent of small businesses would be forced to change the coverage they offer their employees. The president said over and over again that if you like the coverage you have today, then you can keep it. Now we know this was another empty promise.

In October, responding to complaints from unions and corporations, the Obama administration began handing out “waivers” that excuse individual groups from ObamaCare’s expensive mandates. These “waivers” went mostly to those politically connected to this administration. -- Most American families still have to bear the law’s expensive burdens. Clearly, for this administration, playing favorites is more important than achieving fairness.

In November, a majority of the American people voiced their opposition to this law and handed Republicans their biggest majorities in the House of Representatives since President Eisenhower. The American people know that they don’t want this law.

In December, a federal judge in Virginia ruled that it was unconstitutional to force Americans to buy a product. The Service Employees’ International Union (SEIU), one of the biggest unions in the country, also admitted that fulfilling the requirements of ObamaCare would be “financially impossible.” This is the same law they said the country needed.

In January 2011, the Medicare actuary called the administration’s claim that the health care law would bring down costs “false, more so than true.” Also, a federal judge in Florida struck down the entire law as unconstitutional.

In February, we learned that the IRS’ 2012 budget specifically mentions the health care law 250 times as a source of authority and funding for new powers. They called the health care law “the largest set of tax law changes in more than 20 years.” To begin implementing these changes will require thousands of new Washington bureaucrats.

Now we know what’s in the law. It’s clear that it is unsustainable, unaffordable and unconstitutional. It’s time to repeal and replace it.

Republican John Barrasso represents Wyoming in the U.S. Senate.

A year later as we are finding out what is in Obamacare it is not good. SEIU union who was for this law has gotten a waiver as they can not afford to comply with it. Time to stop the funding of this law and fast track to the supreme court
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:39am   #2
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post

A year later as we are finding out what is in Obamacare it is not good.

SEIU union who was for this law has gotten a waiver as they can not afford to comply with it.

Time to stop the funding of this law and fast track to the supreme court

Can you post up the GOP flibustered watered-down Bill so I can compare it to the original Bill so to get a better understanding of your joy that it's somehow a failure please ?
Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:48am   #3
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
Can you post up the GOP flibustered watered-down Bill so I can compare it to the original Bill so to get a better understanding of your joy that it's somehow a failure please ?
Google it yourself and filbustered had nothing to do with the outcome, they rode in the back of the bus and it passed without most members reading the bill, as Nancy wanted, more deflection as Americans are no finding out this bill sucks
Old 03-08-2011, 11:59am   #4
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Google it yourself and filbustered had nothing to do with the outcome, they rode in the back of the bus and it passed without most members reading the bill, as Nancy wanted, more deflection as Americans are no finding out this bill sucks

So you don't know the difference between the original Bill and the Bill that passed ... is this what you're saying ?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:14pm   #5
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
So you don't know the difference between the original Bill and the Bill that passed ... is this what you're saying ?
The orginal was even worse and the one signed into law is bad and yes I know what is in it as it has been exposed, google it yourself as I rode in the back of the bus and did not want this crap of a bill signed into law, if one of the main unions supporting the bill is now with a waiver as they can not afford to follow the law, individuals and small business are in trouble
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23pm   #6
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Yea four (4) months later and the Sky has already hit the ground that you stand on.

For the last several weeks, I’ve been asking anyone I can a simple question. Last year; if you had insurance, what exactly and specifically has the Health Care Bill signed just a few months ago, done to you personally as an individual? I can “never” get a reasonable coherent answer, just a lot of bitching and crying.

Got stuff to do, but I'll be back later to see.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:39pm   #7
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
Yea four (4) months later and the Sky has already hit the ground that you stand on.

For the last several weeks, I’ve been asking anyone I can a simple question. Last year; if you had insurance, what exactly and specifically has the Health Care Bill signed just a few months ago, done to you personally as an individual? I can “never” get a reasonable coherent answer, just a lot of bitching and crying.

Got stuff to do, but I'll be back later to see.
My rates have went up 30% as of Jan 1, 2011, as they took off the 5 Million max that I would not of hit and made it unlimited, same for drugs
Old 03-08-2011, 2:11pm   #8
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
My rates have went up 30% as of Jan 1, 2011, as they took off the 5 Million max that I would not of hit and made it unlimited, same for drugs
Ok ... so your impact is the your specific insurance carrier raised your rates 30%. I have BCBS; PPO and my insurance change was so small I didn't recognize anything in my pay.

I just seen a commercial advertisement from United Health Care boasting they have 7500 Employees supporting 75 Million customers. So it looks like their not impacted negatively.
Old 03-08-2011, 3:10pm   #9
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Ok ... so your impact is the your specific insurance carrier raised your rates 30%. I have BCBS; PPO and my insurance change was so small I didn't recognize anything in my pay.

I just seen a commercial advertisement from United Health Care boasting they have 7500 Employees supporting 75 Million customers. So it looks like their not impacted negatively.
Oh, you have a short memory, I sell Obamacare, lets see your carrier in Texas just levied a 30% increase for my individual customers, and the UHC you quote did a 20% and 30% for my small group and individual customers, should I go on with the other 3 major carriers, oh there individual and small group rates have increase in the same range, no you got it, Obamacare cost more not less with his new mandates and no young people yet in the plan as they are the largest group of Americans without insurance, they are bullet proof and do not need isurance
Old 03-08-2011, 3:19pm   #10
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Oh, you have a short memory, I sell Obamacare, lets see your carrier in Texas just levied a 30% increase for my individual customers, and the UHC you quote did a 20% and 30% for my small group and individual customers, should I go on with the other 3 major carriers, oh there individual and small group rates have increase in the same range, no you got it, Obamacare cost more not less with his new mandates and no young people yet in the plan as they are the largest group of Americans without insurance, they are bullet proof and do not need isurance
Can you do anything about my Gas going up?
Can you do anything about my Groceries going up?
Can you do anything about everything going up?

Or is the only thing in your world that went up was Insurance?

BTW, tell the people who always bitch and cry about spell what they can do for you.
Old 03-08-2011, 3:24pm   #11
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:

BTW, tell the people who always bitch and cry about spell what they can do for you.
Drill baby drill is the long term answer to oil prices and you do like to devert from the thread topic and yes Obamacare is not the affordable health care act at all
Old 03-08-2011, 7:18pm   #12
Mark C5
Barn Raising I

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $167111

Quote:

Interesting, you lose the argument about health care insurance so you change the subject to anything but. Interesting, dishonest but interesting.
Mark C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 7:24pm   #13
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C5 View Post
Interesting, you lose the argument about health care insurance so you change the subject to anything but. Interesting, dishonest but interesting.
Wrong, I'm smart enough to know these 30% increases were already in the works and this wasn't dreamed up in the last 4 months. You see, I have contacts in the insurance industry also.
Old 03-08-2011, 7:36pm   #14
Mark C5
Barn Raising I

Quote:
Wrong, I'm smart enough to know these 30% increases were already in the works and this wasn't dreamed up in the last 4 months. You see, I have contacts in the insurance industry also.
That doesn't change the fact that you lost the argument and then changed the subject.

You are the one that framed the question. "Last year; if you had insurance, what exactly and specifically has the Health Care Bill signed just a few months ago, done to you personally as an individual?".

Peter Pan answered that question quite well and with specifics. At that point you attempted to change the topic. As I said, quite dishonest.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark C5 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 7:43pm   #15
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that you lost the argument and then changed the subject.

You are the one that framed the question. "Last year; if you had insurance, what exactly and specifically has the Health Care Bill signed just a few months ago, done to you personally as an individual?".

Peter Pan answered that question quite well and with specifics. At that point you attempted to change the topic. As I said, quite dishonest.
I'm soo soo hurt from my loss.

So his HC bill went up 30%, hopefully he is smart enough to know there are options. Or he can take I up the arse for another 10% an do nothing but complain on the Internet.

BTW, I checked and my insurance didn't go up. It pays to work for a good Company. I guess I loose in your world.
Old 03-08-2011, 7:50pm   #16
Exotix
Banned

Quote:

Peter Pan is lying ... especially concerning the 3 major carriers ... he's gouging cutomers because that's what his boss told him to do .. using ObamaCare mandates as a mere pretext for gouging.

Further, the increase is 1% to 9% ... this is because of the *new liquidity* in insurance rates and premiums ... mainly as pharmacueticals ... where he got 20%-30% is because he's pocketing the rest ...
Old 03-08-2011, 7:52pm   #17
ChasC5
Banned

biggrin

Quote:
Peter Pan is lying ... he's gouging cutomers because that's what his boss told him to do .. using ObamaCare mandates as a mere pretext for gouging.

Further, the increase is 1% to 9% ... this is because of the *new liquidity* in insurance rates and premiums ... mainly as pharmacueticals ... where he got 20%-30% is because he's pocketing the rest ...
Mark C5 you Loose.
Old 03-08-2011, 7:53pm   #18
Mark C5
Barn Raising I

Quote:
I'm soo soo hurt from my loss.

So his HC bill went up 30%, hopefully he is smart enough to know there are options. Or he can take I up the arse for another 10% an do nothing but complain on the Internet.

BTW, I checked and my insurance didn't go up. It pays to work for a good Company. I guess I loose in your world.
I see you don't take being bested very well. You asked a question and you got an honest answer, just not the one you wanted.

As far as my world goes, in it people try to learn from others. They participate in open discussion on a variety of topics and try to remember to be respectful of others, even those with whom they disagree. They are gracious enough to concede when a superior argument has been made. Obviously we do not live in the same world.
Old 03-08-2011, 7:58pm   #19
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
I see you don't take being bested very well. You asked a question and you got an honest answer, just not the one you wanted.

As far as my world goes, in it people try to learn from others. They participate in open discussion on a variety of topics and try to remember to be respectful of others, even those with whom they disagree. They are gracious enough to concede when a superior argument has been made. Obviously we do not live in the same world.

Do you actually think his insurance went up 30% and I'm the looser?

Yea
Old 03-08-2011, 8:03pm   #20
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Do you actually think his insurance went up 30% and I'm the looser?

Yea
Further, in Texas, they're gouging their own people to force them on the same 'ol Obamacare socialist/communist/national socialist fascist seceed from the union bandwagon ... yes, cheating grandma & grandpa and kids and women as the *new morality as a function of the economy* campaign for 2012 ...

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion