10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 89.9%

Thanked 41,263 Times in 17,157 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
It's the Palistinians who want to be separated, Israel would prefer to live in a safe and unsegregated society, it's certainly in thier best interests. The fighting would stop today if the Muslims chose to live in peace with thier Jewish neighbors.
Frankly, I think anyone who willingly lives in the area is a zealot. We should steer clear of the whole area. Everyone there has some kind of religious need for drama.

Look, if I lived there, and I was afraid daily of some asshole shooting a rocket into my house, I'd LEAVE and go somewhere where that wasn't a daily concern. But people all over that area don't do that. I can only assume that they are folks that thrive on chaos, thrive on conflict, and thrive on disorder. Some people are like that, and the best thing others can do is stay away from them and their drama.

The best analogy I can think of is dating a stripper. It's going to be constant problems, drama, cost you money, etc. Yeah, it's exciting, but after a while, you think, "who needs all this drama?"
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:19pm   #22
Kevin_73
Barn Raising I,II
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $313284

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
No issues with Jews, particularly, but I take exception with Israel, because they use their powerful lobby here in the US to extort money from the US taxpayer that we can't afford, and to extort wars that we cannot afford, either.

There's also the matter of Jonathan Pollard (a hero in Israel), the USS Liberty and other false flag attacks that stick in my craw, but that's another discussion.

You know, if I knew my friend was tapped out, in debt up to his eyeballs, I wouldn't keep pestering him for money every year. Yet that's exactly what Israel does, through AIPAC, SPLC, ADL, etc. By God, they are going to get theirs, screw the US taxpayers.

Giving foreign aid out to other countries when we owe $ 17+T already is like the little widow woman giving her Social Security check to the televangelist when she is already behind on her mortgage. I put Israel and the televangelist together. Leaches, taking advantage of the generosity of folks who can't afford to be generous. I put Egypt and every other country we give aid to in the same boat also. Israel draws the most ire, because they are usually the #1 $$$$ getter.

Do you think the televangelist gives a rats ass when the little widow woman gets foreclosed on? Do you think Israel gives a rats ass that our grandkids are saddled with debt they can never pay off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
It's the Palistinians who want to be separated, Israel would prefer to live in a safe and unsegregated society, it's certainly in thier best interests. The fighting would stop today if the Muslims chose to live in peace with thier Jewish neighbors.
The Palestinians are assholes because they have been attacking Israel since it's formation. The Israelis are assholes because they have occupied the West Bank, and the Gaza strip for the last 30 something years, and they have been illegally settling on that land ever since they occupied it under the pretense of a "buffer zone".
Both sides are wrong, and neither side will compromise so the whole situation just keeps getting worse. The US, the EU, and the UN have been played by both sides, and are just perpetuating things even more by sending money and support to both sides.

Bottom line, it's just fuct up.
Kevin_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:20pm   #23
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_73 View Post
The Palestinians are assholes because they have been attacking Israel since it's formation. The Israelis are assholes because they have occupied the West Bank, and the Gaza strip for the last 30 something years, and they have been illegally settling on that land ever since they occupied it under the pretense of a "buffer zone".
Both sides are wrong, and neither side will compromise so the whole situation just keeps getting worse. The US, the EU, and the UN have been played by both sides, and are just perpetuation things even more by sending money and support to both sides.

Bottom line, it's just fuct up.

That's a succinct summation of a complex problem.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:33pm   #24
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
I had planned a lengthy response but figured I would save myself and others the pain of reading it an just say this is where Libertarians lose so many people. Ron Paul would be proud of that God awful post though.
So, you want to eliminate or drastically reduce domestic welfare, but not foreign welfare. That isn't fiscal conservatism....it's.....something else.

Is your argument that some of our welfare to Egypt, Israel, etc. gets spent here on armaments built by American military contractors? A true fiscal conservative is against corporate welfare, too. Let our contractors compete against other armament manufacturers worldwide for the defense dollars of Egypt, Israel, and other allies. Let the free market decide, rather than say, OK, the US taxpayers will pay you, as long as you buy stuff from US companies.

You want to cut off food stamps, Section 8, etc.? Me too. I just want to cut out foreign welfare, too.

If the US was truly ballin', everyone was loaded and we were all flush with cash, I might feel different, but that isn't the case. We're broke, the economy nationwide isn't great and there are plenty of poor here who don't have tax money to spend on foreigners.

Helping foreigners, like helping down and out Americans, is something best left to private charity, not the government.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:35pm   #25
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
And we all know how well that works out don't we?
(read: TxAg never dated a stripper)

Old 07-15-2014, 10:45pm   #26
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Do you like putting words in people's mouths and making false accusations. That's not very Cooool now is it?

I have no problem cutting aid to countries that are no where close to being our friends/allies.

I can understand helping friends and allies. That doesn't mean we sacrifice helping our own people here first. But Israel is a good friend and ally to have in the ME.

I disagree because there is no private charity whom could be a staunch ally like Israel in the ME. But you are no where near going to change your stance on being against helping them. I know the Ron Paul playbook.
Here is the basic point I am trying to make to you:

When you borrow money you don't have, to give it to someone else, especially foreigners, you ARE sacrificing helping your own people. You are sacrificing your kids' futures, as you saddle them with debt they can't afford to pay off.

The money we sent out in foreign aid last year could have been spent widening I-45, for example. But it wasn't. And guess what? Money we otherwise could have spent THIS YEAR widening I-45 isn't available anymore because we have to pay debt service on the money we gave away LAST YEAR.

You can call me nationalistic, or worse, but with scarce, limited resources, I'd prefer my tax dollars to take care of America first, and others later, if there is any left over, $ 17T in debt=we ain't got none left over, and are not likely to have any left over in the future.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:46pm   #27
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Nope. I was smarter than that.

Only been in a strip club once and that was more than enough for me.
Next you'll be telling us you didn't inhale.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:25pm   #28
1911fool
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5315788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
The girl asking the question actually had a valid question. Its unfortunate that instead of actually answering the question, the Israeli shill went on a tirade about how shitty Muslims are.

Oh, and she is also full of shit. 1/4th of the billion plus Muslims are not radicalized. There were less than 10,000 members in Al-Qaida.

Deaf ears, I know. I'll return you to the regularly scheduled circle jerk.
It wasn't a valid question. The point of the forum was to discuss 4 dead Americans and what the government was doing about it.

I'm sure you missed that point because it goes against your Obama loving creed.

Since you know how many Muslims are radicalized you should tell us.....

Deaf ears, I know you have BHO's dick so deep you can't hear.
1911fool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1911fool For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2014, 12:01am   #29
NeedSpeed
A Real Barner

Thanked 5,579 Times in 2,856 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1553643

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Not to me.

Forgive the Peaceful Nazi who lived worked and made profits outside the gates of Concentration camps is ludicrous.

Forgiving the Peaceful Japanese merchants and industries the made massive profits due the Evil done in China is stupid.

To forgive "Peaceful" Muslims who still contribute money and time to Mosques that promote Violence against all other religions is dangerous.

So it's not Semitics. It's fact. None of the Evil could be done without those "Peaceful" and "Silent" members of society.

‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.’
See, I think you're wrong (but not completely). Replace "Peaceful" with "Ignorant". Most of society, ANY society, is happy as long as they do what they want, or think they want.

Our "Peaceful" Americans are no different. Ask an average American about any war we've been in or are in, or even 9/11 now that it's old enough, and they'll pretty much be wrong (topic of is no matter). Average people only care that they feel secure. They don't care how that happens, and they pretty much don't want to know until it affects them directly.
NeedSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:04am   #30
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Nope. Never smoked before and only been buzzed once in my life.

And no, I didn't sing in the choir, but my mom did.
You were warned, but gosh darn it, you went to that Pat Boone concert anyway, and look what happened.......
Old 07-16-2014, 6:07am   #31
NCC-1701
Barn Stall Owner #1269

Thanked 3,598 Times in 1,444 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $232471

These people have been fighting since there has been man on earth and two billion years from now when earth ends the same people will still be fighting till the sun supernovas...There will never be a solution until one of these races is eradicated. The only way to combat the muslims is through brute force they no no peace nor do they want any you can't change an ideology that has been engrained in them though out history.
NCC-1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 6:18am   #32
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 23,317 Times in 10,540 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701 View Post
These people have been fighting since there has been man on earth and two billion years from now when earth ends the same people will still be fighting till the sun supernovas...There will never be a solution until one of these races is eradicated. The only way to combat the muslims is through brute force they no no peace nor do they want any you can't change an ideology that has been engrained in them though out history.
Because. Ishmael.
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 6:23am   #33
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 8,398 Times in 4,251 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
Because. Ishmael.
What did a white whale have to do with this ?
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 6:32am   #34
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 23,317 Times in 10,540 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
What did a white whale have to do with this ?
Ishmael. Abrahams 1st son.

Not Herman Melville's Ishmael.
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 8:31am   #35
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Israel is the bad guy because they won't let the Palestinians just wander around freely into Israel, and instead built a wall to keep them out and only allow transit through carefully monitored checkpoints.

Fortunately, Egypt and Jordan are forward-thinking folks and allow the Palestinians to freely transit their borders with them!

Or not. Hmmm, it's almost like they are worried about them too. It's almost like the Palestinians are kept in their perpetual victim status because it's useful to Israel's enemies. All of which, it seems, seem to be not exactly friendly to us.

You know where else there are "open air concentration camps" for Palestinians? Lebanon! Yay, they have them too! Yippee for Lebanon, they are teh meanies too!

Oh, and Joecooool? I thought al Qaeda was on the run? 10,000 al Qaeda? Wow, that's not very "on the run" sounding to me. And that number most assuredly is on the low side. Add in ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood (who even Egypt thinks is too radical), the Taliban, Hamas, Syrian rebels, and all the offshoots in Libya, Somalia, those guys holding the 200+ school girls, etc etc etc ad nauseum infinitum.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2014, 8:36am   #36
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 12,538 Times in 5,853 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Israel is the bad guy because they won't let the Palestinians just wander around freely into Israel, and instead built a wall to keep them out and only allow transit through carefully monitored checkpoints.

Fortunately, Egypt and Jordan are forward-thinking folks and allow the Palestinians to freely transit their borders with them!

Or not. Hmmm, it's almost like they are worried about them too. It's almost like the Palestinians are kept in their perpetual victim status because it's useful to Israel's enemies. All of which, it seems, seem to be not exactly friendly to us.

Oh, and Joecooool? I thought al Qaeda was on the run? 10,000 al Qaeda? Wow, that's not very "on the run" sounding to me. And that number most assuredly is on the low side. Add in ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood (who even Egypt thinks is too radical), the Taliban, Hamas, Syrian rebels, and all the offshoots in Libya, Somalia, those guys holding the 200+ school girls, etc etc etc ad nauseum infinitum.
Al Quada is only one small part of the crazies. He conveniently forgot to mention the thousand of other Extremist Muslim groups groups around the world.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:02am   #37
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post

You know where else there are "open air concentration camps" for Palestinians? Lebanon! Yay, they have them too! Yippee for Lebanon, they are teh meanies too!

Don't forget the part about the US PAYS them to keep those borders closed, to participate in keeping the concentration camp walled in.

Egypt has been the #2 getter of US aid ever since Carter sincerely thought he could make peace by "pay to play" with US tax money.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:06am   #38
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Funny I bet Israel feels the same way.

Question: Do you put the blame on the shoulders and have a seething disgust (one would say hatred) of Jews as does Cooool?
First of all, fuck you. I've never said anything against Jews (that I haven't said about Christians and Muslims) and you know that. The only way you can present a point is to lie and discredit those you disagree with.

It's the shit apartheid government of Israel I take great issue with. They have oppressed these people for decades.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:14am   #39
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 13,007 Times in 7,317 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
First of all, fuck you. I've never said anything against Jews (that I haven't said about Christians and Muslims) and you know that. The only way you can present a point is to lie and discredit those you disagree with.

It's the shit apartheid government of Israel I take great issue with. They have oppressed these people for decades.
You also hate black people.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:14am   #40
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Never been.

This was on a case of wine coolers.

Beer tasted awful the only time I took a sip.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion