Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion

Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 3:08pm   #1
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default Record DOW & Record Corporate Profits.

looks like Obama is the worst socialist in history.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 5:05pm   #2
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Points: 26,645, Level: 100
Activity: 3.9%
 
Loco Vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 13,268
Thanks: 8,290
Thanked 4,868 Times in 1,845 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
looks like Obama is the worst socialist in history.
Everything he does, he does to the same exacting standards.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 5:42pm   #3
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 43,454, Level: 100
Activity: 4.9%
 
Stangkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 18,172
Thanks: 5,740
Thanked 4,985 Times in 2,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173359
Default

Remind me which companies are record profits?

I see Samsung.

And again care to explain how Obamas policies have resulted in a record DOW, and why you aren't concerned about the QE?
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 5:55pm   #4
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
Remind me which companies are record profits?

I see Samsung.

And again care to explain how Obamas policies have resulted in a record DOW, and why you aren't concerned about the QE?
here ya go--http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-17/corporate-profits-soar-as-executives-attack-obama-policy.html I will also include my own Fortune 500 150 year old behemoth of a corporation that is posting RECORD PROFITS under that '"socialist Kenyan" that has recalled all 5,000 employees furloughed under Bush. CHECK IT OUT ---www.up150.com. --- we never made so much money in ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FUKKINN' YEARS! [evidently] socialism under the Black Man in the WhiteHouse sucks.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 6:13pm   #5
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 43,454, Level: 100
Activity: 4.9%
 
Stangkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 18,172
Thanks: 5,740
Thanked 4,985 Times in 2,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
here ya go--http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-17/corporate-profits-soar-as-executives-attack-obama-policy.html I will also include my own Fortune 500 150 year old behemoth of a corporation that is posting RECORD PROFITS under that '"socialist Kenyan" that has recalled all 5,000 employees furloughed under Bush. CHECK IT OUT ---www.up150.com. --- we never made so much money in ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FUKKINN' YEARS! [evidently] socialism under the Black Man in the WhiteHouse sucks.
And the rest of my question?
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 6:17pm   #6
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

I just have to laugh at people who haven't a clue as to what REAL socialism is. the REAL socialists are calling Obama "a capitalist of the highest order" & they hate his fukkin guts. check out the world socialist web - they despise him almost as much as the teabaggers do. did I mention that Obama is the worst socialist in history?
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 6:19pm   #7
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 43,454, Level: 100
Activity: 4.9%
 
Stangkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 18,172
Thanks: 5,740
Thanked 4,985 Times in 2,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173359
Default

Even your own article is anything but a raving review of Obamas policies...you should try reading the articles you post.

Quote:
Through 2011, profits rose in tandem with the jobless rate. Over the past year, as the unemployment rate fell, earnings continued to climb, a trend that may be losing steam.
“It’s a maturing earnings cycle, which is going to be decelerating in 2013,” says Stephen Wood, chief markets strategist for Russell Investments with $159 billion in assets under management.
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 6:20pm   #8
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
And the rest of my question?
oh...you mean "QE?" that's a capitalist plot to amass RECORD CORPORATE PROFITS & A RECORD DOW. apparently it's working.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 6:24pm   #9
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
Even your own article is anything but a raving review of Obamas policies...you should try reading the articles you post.
I don't need a "raving review" of anything. FACT: we are experiencing RECORD PROFITS & A RECORD DOW under that "socialist Obama." FACT: the Right Wing rhetoric is utter bullshiit. apparently some people are "too stupid to vote"
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 7:51pm   #10
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 35,742, Level: 100
Activity: 9.7%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,560
Thanks: 296
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,055 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
looks like Obama is the worst socialist in history.
Pretty much. The kind that also kisses Wall Street's behind.

He campaigned on "Main Street" v. "Wall Street" language. His policies have ****ed over the former and favored the latter.

Of course in fairness it's not ALL him. Uncle Ben is happy to saddle Main Street with future pain to prop up the stock market for his dear friends.

Meanwhile unemployment has not recovered at all, as U3 has been rendered meaningless by the unprecedented and continual decline in LFPR. It's a brave new world, a "new normal" brought about by Obamanomics.

People are suffering, well except for the people on Wall Street who bought and paid for their glamorous neo-liberal POTUS.

Ignorant leftists railed against Romney for making his OWN coin, 40 million or so, as a Capitalist. Yet it's OK with them that Obama received hundreds of millions of unearned dollars in to be a lackey for the worst Wall Street has to offer, the limousine liberals who screw over America for their own ends.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 8:14pm   #11
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 43,454, Level: 100
Activity: 4.9%
 
Stangkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 18,172
Thanks: 5,740
Thanked 4,985 Times in 2,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Pretty much. The kind that also kisses Wall Street's behind.

He campaigned on "Main Street" v. "Wall Street" language. His policies have ****ed over the former and favored the latter.

Of course in fairness it's not ALL him. Uncle Ben is happy to saddle Main Street with future pain to prop up the stock market for his dear friends.

Meanwhile unemployment has not recovered at all, as U3 has been rendered meaningless by the unprecedented and continual decline in LFPR. It's a brave new world, a "new normal" brought about by Obamanomics.

People are suffering, well except for the people on Wall Street who bought and paid for their glamorous neo-liberal POTUS.

Ignorant leftists railed against Romney for making his OWN coin, 40 million or so, as a Capitalist. Yet it's OK with them that Obama received hundreds of millions of unearned dollars in to be a lackey for the worst Wall Street has to offer, the limousine liberals who screw over America for their own ends.
Will, if you actually expect Z to understand you're going to need to break this post down using much simpler words, lots of examples, and a ton of pictures. Hell a pop up picture or scratch and sniff may be required during the lesson to keep his attention span.
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stangkiller For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 8:31pm   #12
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Pretty much. The kind that also kisses Wall Street's behind.

He campaigned on "Main Street" v. "Wall Street" language. His policies have ****ed over the former and favored the latter.

Of course in fairness it's not ALL him. Uncle Ben is happy to saddle Main Street with future pain to prop up the stock market for his dear friends.

Meanwhile unemployment has not recovered at all, as U3 has been rendered meaningless by the unprecedented and continual decline in LFPR. It's a brave new world, a "new normal" brought about by Obamanomics.

People are suffering, well except for the people on Wall Street who bought and paid for their glamorous neo-liberal POTUS.

Ignorant leftists railed against Romney for making his OWN coin, 40 million or so, as a Capitalist. Yet it's OK with them that Obama received hundreds of millions of unearned dollars in to be a lackey for the worst Wall Street has to offer, the limousine liberals who screw over America for their own ends.
I thought you guys told us that as long as the wealthy prosper we will too? "a rising tide lifts all boats" [Reagan] & all that good shit. what happened? surely you don't think Obama is the first politician in history to be influenced by money. just face the facts here. he's not a socialist by any means even though you people got a lot of political mileage out of calling him one & now the facts are pissing all over your lies & rhetoric. the corporations & Wall Street never had it so good. it's undeniable. how can you realistically say the man is knee deep in socialism when clearly capitalism is the reason for this legacy?
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 7:31am   #13
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 35,742, Level: 100
Activity: 9.7%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,560
Thanks: 296
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,055 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I thought you guys told us that as long as the wealthy prosper we will too?
Uh, no. YOU guys criticized Reagan in the 1980s and falsely claimed that our position was that the rich getting richer would benefit everyone.

Reagan's actual policies were targeted at normal Americans. And they worked.



The left's "Great Society" was an abject failure. Reaganomics boosted REAL income for the poor, and for everyone else.

A rising tide does lift all boats. And that's what Reaganomics was about, causing a rising tide, NOT causing a targeted boost to Wall Street by using QE, while implementing policies that screw regular working people and small businesses, aka Obamanomics.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2013, 11:53am   #14
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Reaganomics was a huge success for the wealthy & an abject failure for working people & that's established fact that all economists who aren't into Koch will tell you, HOWEVER - this thread isn't about Reagan's blunders. it's about Obama. it's about people who wouldn't know a REAL socialist if he hit them in their heads with his hammer & cut their throats with his sickle....you know who you are...
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 1:39pm   #15
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Points: 26,645, Level: 100
Activity: 3.9%
 
Loco Vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 13,268
Thanks: 8,290
Thanked 4,868 Times in 1,845 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
Reaganomics was a huge success for the wealthy & an abject failure for working people & that's established fact that all economists who aren't into Koch will tell you, HOWEVER - this thread isn't about Reagan's blunders. it's about Obama. it's about people who wouldn't know a REAL socialist if he hit them in their heads with his hammer & cut their throats with his sickle....you know who you are...
It must be nice to live in a world where facts, history, and logic are all irrelevant.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 2:42am   #16
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 144,792, Level: 100
Activity: 13.7%
 
Sea Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW FL
Posts: 50,572
Thanks: 9,816
Thanked 12,516 Times in 7,103 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Vette View Post
It must be nice to live in a world where facts, history, and logic are all irrelevant.
For the record, folks... you heard it here first- Progressivism does not equal Socialism.

Thanks for clearing that up, z06!
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 7:22am   #17
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS 18
Points: 46,561, Level: 100
Activity: 14.7%
 
VITE1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Port Saint Lucie FL
Posts: 32,579
Thanks: 16,411
Thanked 8,780 Times in 4,526 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084007
Default

The cluelssness of the OP is astounding. Does he mange his own money?

BesterInvestor: DOW vs. Economy

Quote:
With the stock market roaring to new highs, New York Times reporter Nelson Schwartz asked “why stock markets are thriving even as the economy is barely growing and unemployment remains stubbornly high.” And “While buoyant earnings are rewarded by investors and make American companies more competitive globally, they have not translated into additional jobs at home.”

Great question. To answer it, Schwartz focused on companies’ drive to maintain profit margins, as well as increases in their productivity that enable them to reduce their workforce. Specifically, corporations are supposedly getting rich at the expense of employees.


Diana Furchtgott-Roth, writing for MarketWatch, says it’s not that simple:
“With the Federal Reserve expanding the money supply and driving down interest rates, markets soar as investors seek riskier assets. At the same time, a weak dollar slows the economy by discouraging investment and raising prices of commodities, such as gold, oil, and food.”
She added that “One reason that multinationals’ profits are high is that companies are sitting on substantial amounts of cash, much of it overseas. The Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations has estimated that American companies hold offshore around $1.7 trillion of earnings from foreign operations. They are keeping these funds offshore because America’s corporate tax rate is one of the highest in the industrialized world.


Currently, the U.S. corporate tax rate is 35%, compared with an average of 23% for our industrialized competitors in the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. Plus, America is one of only seven of the 34 OECD countries that taxes companies on its worldwide income, not just income earned in the United States. This means that if the profits are brought into the United States, companies would lose a large share to Uncle Sam.


In conclusion, Mark Thoma, writing for Moneywatch, had this to say:
Many analysts expect the U.S. economic recovery to continue, but this prediction has very little to do with asset price movements. Using the stock market to predict the future of the economy is risky. For example, the previous peak in the Dow was in October 2007, just two months before the onset of the recession. That peak certainly didn't indicate that the economy was on solid footing.
More generally, the relationship between the stock market and the economy is not very reliable and stock market values only explain a small proportion of the total movement in variables like GDP and employment. Thus, while it's very likely that the recovery will continue at its slow pace, that prediction has little to do with recent movements in stock prices.
VITE1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 6:42am   #18
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Points: 22,855, Level: 100
Activity: 3.1%
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,252
Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 2,791 Times in 1,599 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
looks like Obama is the worst socialist in history.
You say it like it's a bad thing...
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:18am   #19
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS 18
Points: 46,561, Level: 100
Activity: 14.7%
 
VITE1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Port Saint Lucie FL
Posts: 32,579
Thanks: 16,411
Thanked 8,780 Times in 4,526 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Vette View Post
It must be nice to live in a world where facts, history, and logic are all irrelevant.
How true.

The problem is he votes. My bet hes a union member and is clueless on how Wall street operates VS the economy
VITE1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 3:44am   #20
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Points: 10,226, Level: 69
Activity: 47.5%
 
Torqaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 3,770
Thanks: 38
Thanked 695 Times in 514 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580
Default

What units are they qualifying these profits with? Dollars? Dollars that have devalued by half since the last crash? And this record DOW profit thing, it has doubled since the last crash? Because that's exactly what would have to happen to break even with where the market was before the last crash.

Yeah, didn't think so. But hey, at least you got a good slurp on going. Always amusing to watch people worship living garbage
Torqaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torqaholic For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:39am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page