Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 8:48am   #21
wwomanC6
Charter Member
C6 Modulator
Barn Stall Owner #27

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 77,846, Level: 100
Activity: 51.5%
 
wwomanC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 29,462
Thanks: 16,018
Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,385 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100108568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
when he goes to my wife and kids his tail is wagging when he comes to me its straight, but i guess it needs to take some time
A former male owner may have been mean to him or scared him. Sounds like he will need some time.

Oh and treats will help too!
wwomanC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 9:01am   #22
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwomanC6 View Post
A former male owner may have been mean to him or scared him. Sounds like he will need some time.

Oh and treats will help too!
it will take time i guess, well he is a part of the team, so we love him
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck A For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54am   #23
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

this dog is cool, he doesnt bark or anything annoying, hes a cool dog, supposedely hes 1 year old
heres another pic of him with Chuck junior

Last edited by Chuck A; 01-22-2013 at 2:22pm.
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck A For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 8:26pm   #24
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

well i found out today that Bailey doesnt like bearded dragons had to bring the lizard and tank downstairs
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 8:35pm   #25
Kerrmudgeon
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 127,531, Level: 100
Activity: 18.8%
 
Kerrmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada's capital
Posts: 47,097
Thanks: 13,092
Thanked 15,663 Times in 7,925 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4614162
Default

Sooooo.......doberman and datschund cross? What would you call the breed then?

and the nominations are......?

Kerrmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 8:39pm   #26
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon View Post
Sooooo.......doberman and datschund cross? What would you call the breed then?

and the nominations are......?

he has the datschund body but the head of a dobie, and the Napolean complex, he is very cool, indeed though
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 8:39pm   #27
wwomanC6
Charter Member
C6 Modulator
Barn Stall Owner #27

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 77,846, Level: 100
Activity: 51.5%
 
wwomanC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 29,462
Thanks: 16,018
Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,385 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100108568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
well i found out today that Bailey doesnt like bearded dragons had to bring the lizard and tank downstairs
How big is the lizard?
wwomanC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 8:41pm   #28
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwomanC6 View Post
How big is the lizard?
well we have 2 of them the tank that is on the highest stand since he canrt see he doesnt act up, but they are between 8-10"
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 8:43pm   #29
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default


heres a pic about a year ago, when they were babies
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck A For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52am   #30
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

pup brought up for bucwheat to see
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57am   #31
Munch
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #00
Points: 20,302, Level: 98
Activity: 0.4%
 
Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 4,966
Thanks: 462
Thanked 706 Times in 516 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2041880
Default

Cool dog, enjoy!
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:43am   #32
Bucwheat
Barn Stall Owner #2558
NCM Supporter '12,'13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 44,429, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5%
 
Bucwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Best county in Ga.
Posts: 22,487
Thanks: 6,581
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6573152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
when he goes to my wife and kids his tail is wagging when he comes to me its straight, but i guess it needs to take some time
He may have been abused by a man,give it time he will grow to love you .
Bucwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 1:56pm   #33
jaxgator
Barn Stall Owner #99
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14
Points: 32,475, Level: 100
Activity: 3.8%
 
jaxgator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 15,011
Thanks: 2,442
Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,743 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1017
Default

Congrats Chuck! Enjoy your new pup.
jaxgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 2:06pm   #34
Dixievet
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 60,110, Level: 100
Activity: 16.2%
 
Dixievet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: between here and there
Posts: 22,166
Thanks: 7,876
Thanked 11,047 Times in 4,478 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601336
Default

One by one, they pass by my cage,
Too old, too worn, too broken, no way.
Way past his time, he can't run and play.
Then they shake their heads slowly and go on their way.

An old man, arthritic and sore,
It seems I am not wanted anymore.
I once had a home, I once had a bed,
A place that was warm, and where I was fed.

Now my muzzle is grey, and my eyes slowly fail.
Who wants a dog so old and so frail?
My family decided I didn't belong,
I got in their way, my attitude was wrong.

Whatever excuse they made in their head,
Can't justify how they left me for dead.
Now I sit in this cage, where day after day,
The younger dogs get adopted away.

When I had almost come to the end of my rope,
You saw my face, and I finally had hope.
You saw thru the grey, and the legs bent with age,
And felt I still had life beyond this cage.

You took me home, gave me food and a bed,
And shared your own pillow with my poor tired head.
We snuggle and play, and you talk to me low,
You love me so dearly, you want me to know.

I may have lived most of my life with another,
But you outshine them with a love so much stronger.
And I promise to return all the love I can give,
To you, my dear person, as long as I live.

I may be with you for a week, or for years,
We will share many smiles, you will no doubt shed tears.
And when the time comes that God deems I must leave,
I know you will cry and your heart, it will grieve.

And when I arrive at the Bridge, all brand new,
My thoughts and my heart will still be with you.
And I will brag to all who will hear,
Of the person who made my last days so dear

Author - Leslie Whalen
Dixievet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dixievet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2013, 2:32pm   #35
Bucwheat
Barn Stall Owner #2558
NCM Supporter '12,'13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 44,429, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5%
 
Bucwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Best county in Ga.
Posts: 22,487
Thanks: 6,581
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6573152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post

heres a pic about a year ago, when they were babies
Chuck,My Molly,the red one we call the lizard hunter,she spends hours turning over rocks and looking under things for lizards, she scares out plenty but her little 4" legs can't keep up so she never catches any.She is a little clown.
Bucwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 2:51pm   #36
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixievet View Post
One by one, they pass by my cage,
Too old, too worn, too broken, no way.
Way past his time, he can't run and play.
Then they shake their heads slowly and go on their way.

An old man, arthritic and sore,
It seems I am not wanted anymore.
I once had a home, I once had a bed,
A place that was warm, and where I was fed.

Now my muzzle is grey, and my eyes slowly fail.
Who wants a dog so old and so frail?
My family decided I didn't belong,
I got in their way, my attitude was wrong.

Whatever excuse they made in their head,
Can't justify how they left me for dead.
Now I sit in this cage, where day after day,
The younger dogs get adopted away.

When I had almost come to the end of my rope,
You saw my face, and I finally had hope.
You saw thru the grey, and the legs bent with age,
And felt I still had life beyond this cage.

You took me home, gave me food and a bed,
And shared your own pillow with my poor tired head.
We snuggle and play, and you talk to me low,
You love me so dearly, you want me to know.

I may have lived most of my life with another,
But you outshine them with a love so much stronger.
And I promise to return all the love I can give,
To you, my dear person, as long as I live.

I may be with you for a week, or for years,
We will share many smiles, you will no doubt shed tears.
And when the time comes that God deems I must leave,
I know you will cry and your heart, it will grieve.

And when I arrive at the Bridge, all brand new,
My thoughts and my heart will still be with you.
And I will brag to all who will hear,
Of the person who made my last days so dear

Author - Leslie Whalen
very cool, indeed
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 2:52pm   #37
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucwheat View Post
Chuck,My Molly,the red one we call the lizard hunter,she spends hours turning over rocks and looking under things for lizards, she scares out plenty but her little 4" legs can't keep up so she never catches any.She is a little clown.
yea bailey supposedely wanted to eat them, they are put donstairs in the basement near the boiler were they love it
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 3:08pm   #38
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

bailey is being a great dog, he has been doing his 1 and 2 outside, and he protects us , hes actually barking at people that get near our front door, he especially loves the wife, i guess he knows his life has been saved
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 4:51pm   #39
GS Ragtop
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 13,001, Level: 78
Activity: 0.5%
 
GS Ragtop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Florida and West Michigan
Posts: 2,674
Thanks: 577
Thanked 762 Times in 462 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3243691
Default

Pretty dog - has he warmed up to you yet?
GS Ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 4:55pm   #40
Chuck A
Loves Green Corvettes
Points: 35,735, Level: 100
Activity: 9.0%
 
Chuck A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 11,737
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,869 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Ragtop View Post
Pretty dog - has he warmed up to you yet?
yes, but really loves the wife better
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:17am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page