Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion

C6 Open Discussion General and technical C6 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2011, 9:17pm   #1
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270
Default car2u programming

Help a brother out...

I have a remote fob that operates the main gate to my neighborhood. How can I program the fob to work with the car2u system?

(in my Durango, I was able to hold the fob up to the button and program it that way, no problem).

Thanks in advance.

PS...don't know the manufacturer...it's a single button fob.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:21pm   #2
mike100
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2013824

Sorry, this 1LT owner can't help you...so you are talking about the universal programmable garage door transmitter?

The poverty package has no frills.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 5:09pm   #3
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
Sorry, this 1LT owner can't help you...so you are talking about the universal programmable garage door transmitter?

The poverty package has no frills.
Correct. The three button transmitted mounted on the visor. I called the company who makes car2u (Lear) and they said I need to find out the manufacturer of the gate opener, the frequency it works on and the model number of the fob.

Holy smokes.
Old 06-19-2011, 6:00am   #4
itsaz
Vette Barn Regular
Barn Raising I
Activity: 1.9%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1729

Mike,

See page 3-44 of the Owner's Manual.

http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/downl...upe_owners.pdf

The gate is probably a fixed code unit.

Your best bet might be to get your neighbor's 10 year old to do it for you!
itsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 9:20am   #5
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaz View Post
Mike,

See page 3-44 of the Owner's Manual.

http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/downl...upe_owners.pdf

The gate is probably a fixed code unit.

Your best bet might be to get your neighbor's 10 year old to do it for you!
Sorry Red Green...the owners manual was my first stop...and, it's a rolling code unit.

But I'll have that 10 year old send you an Email about not making assumptions.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:35am   #6
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Default And the follow up is...

I finally got the information about the system and called Lear, the company that makes the "car2U" system. No joy. Their system gets the frequency from the transmitter itself, as opposed to "copying" the frequency from the opener to the buttons (as Homelink does).

So I put the transmitter fob on my key ring and move on.

Oh well
Old 07-20-2011, 11:16pm   #7
pappytinker
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
I finally got the information about the system and called Lear, the company that makes the "car2U" system. No joy. Their system gets the frequency from the transmitter itself, as opposed to "copying" the frequency from the opener to the buttons (as Homelink does).

So I put the transmitter fob on my key ring and move on.

Oh well
The directions in the last paragraph make it sound as if the UHR is getting the signal from the transmitter. It may not work but you could try this;

Programming Universal Home Remote

Follow these steps to program up to three channels:

1. Press and hold down the two outside Universal Home Remote buttons, releasing only when the Universal Home Remote indicator light begins to flash, after 20 seconds. Do not hold down the buttons for longer than 30 seconds and do not repeat this step to program a second and/or third hand-held transmitter to the remaining two Universal Home Remote buttons.

2. Position the end of your hand-held transmitter about 1 to 3 inches (3 to 8 cm) away from the Universal Home Remote buttons while keeping the indicator light in view.

3. Simultaneously press and hold both the desired Universal Home Remote button and the hand-held transmitter button. Do not release the buttons until Step 4 has been completed.

Some entry gates and garage door openers may require you to substitute Step 3 with the procedure noted in “Gate Operator and Canadian Programming” later in this section.

4. The indicator light will flash slowly at first and then rapidly after Universal Home Remote successfully receives the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons.

5. Press and hold the newly-trained Universal Home Remote button and observe the indicator light. If the indicator light stays on constantly, programming is complete and your device should activate when the Universal Home Remote button is pressed and released.

To program the remaining two Universal Home Remote buttons, begin with Step 2 under “Programming Universal Home Remote.” Do not
repeat Step 1 as this will erase all of the programmed channels.

If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and then turns to a constant light, continue with Steps 6 through 8 following to complete the programming of a rolling-code equipped device, most commonly, a garage door opener.

6. Locate in the garage, the garage door opener receiver (motor-head unit). Locate the “Learn” or “Smart” button. This can usually be found where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the motor-head unit.

7. Firmly press and release the “Learn” or “Smart” button. The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.

You will have 30 seconds to start Step 8.

8. Return to the vehicle. Firmly press and hold the programmed Universal Home Remote button for two seconds, then release. Repeat the press/hold/release sequence a second time, and depending onthe brand of the garage door opener, or other rolling code device, repeat this sequence a third time to complete the programming.

The Universal Home Remote should now activate your rolling-code equipped device.

To program the remaining two Universal Home Remote buttons, begin with Step 2 of “Programming Universal Home Remote.” You do not want to repeat Step 1, as this will erase all previous programming from the Universal Home Remote buttons.

Gate Operator and Canadian Programming

Canadian radio-frequency laws require transmitter signals to time out or quit after several seconds of transmission. This may not be long enough for Universal Home Remote to pick up the signal during programming. Similarly, some U.S. gate operators are manufactured to time out in the same manner.

If you live in Canada, or you are having difficulty programming a gate operator or garage door opener by using the “Programming Universal Home Remote” procedures, regardless of where you live, replace Step 3 under “Programming Universal Home Remote” with the following:

Continue to press and hold the Universal Home Remote button while you press and release every two seconds (cycle) the hand-held transmitter button until the frequency signal has been successfully accepted by the Universal Home Remote. The Universal Home Remote indicator light will flash slowly at first and then rapidly. Proceed with Step 4 under “Programming Universal Home Remote” to complete.
pappytinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:13am   #8
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Thanks, but when I called the company (Lear), they told me specifically that their UHR system is not compatible with my brand of gate opener.

The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion