Old 01-15-2024, 8:13am   #2
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,455 Times in 17,246 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

I haven't heard them say what crime they think he did. Just say "YOU WERE SPEEDING," or whatever else it is. Why is that so hard?

We don't know what precipitated this, but I'm really surprised they didn't kill him. That kind of disrespect usually merits an on scene death penalty.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 9:50am   #3
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Activity: 19.4%

Thanked 4,387 Times in 2,404 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580

Did we watch the same video? The cops claimed a national park ranger called them to have him removed from camping on federal land. Makes no sense, that's legal unless posted otherwise, and park rangers are totally capable of doing their own evictions.

I've seen people stare down loaded guns like that before. Not that big of a deal, most sensible people have an aversion to killing other humans, and that's without knowing they're on film. More surprising to me is that cops passed up an opportunity to kidnap an innocent person after a stand-off like that. You just don't see that every day!

Reading the comments on the u-tube page I saw several posts discussing the guys personal webpage where he supposedly claimed to have found the body of a murdered woman and fired law enforcement shotgun shells nearby. Whatever those are? Marked for LEO use only? No idea.

Anyhow, some commenters thought his reporting the body was probable cause for this mess. Implication being they wanted to delete him as a witness. Sounds far fetched to me but then I've never met anyone who thought the cops wanted to kill them before and he seemed real sure about that.

The whole thing is freaky. If I found a body camping my butt would not be sitting around roasting marshmallows afterwards, I'd be long gone!
Torqaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:20am   #4
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
Did we watch the same video? The cops claimed a national park ranger called them to have him removed from camping on federal land. Makes no sense, that's legal unless posted otherwise, and park rangers are totally capable of doing their own evictions.

I've seen people stare down loaded guns like that before. Not that big of a deal, most sensible people have an aversion to killing other humans, and that's without knowing they're on film. More surprising to me is that cops passed up an opportunity to kidnap an innocent person after a stand-off like that. You just don't see that every day!

Reading the comments on the u-tube page I saw several posts discussing the guys personal webpage where he supposedly claimed to have found the body of a murdered woman and fired law enforcement shotgun shells nearby. Whatever those are? Marked for LEO use only? No idea.

Anyhow, some commenters thought his reporting the body was probable cause for this mess. Implication being they wanted to delete him as a witness. Sounds far fetched to me but then I've never met anyone who thought the cops wanted to kill them before and he seemed real sure about that.

The whole thing is freaky. If I found a body camping my butt would not be sitting around roasting marshmallows afterwards, I'd be long gone!

I admit I only watched the first few minutes, then fast forwarded to the last minute or so, to confirm that they had killed or wounded him. I was surprised they didn't. I never heard the reason he was stopped, thanks.

If they were there to evict him from the park, it seems counterproductive to hold him at gunpoint, preventing him from leaving. Just tell him the want him to leave. I didn't hear that, but then I only made it a couple of minutes in at the beginning. Even saying, "get out, or we will shoot you" would have been helpful to understanding what was going on.
Old 01-15-2024, 1:47pm   #5
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

THIS is how it's supposed to go:

Old 01-15-2024, 5:31pm   #6
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Activity: 19.4%

Thanked 4,387 Times in 2,404 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580

Telling someone "be nice" can be used to telegraph the intent of a violent response. Basically a final warning. Not a wise choice of words to use on a person who considers using violent force as an ordinary everyday thing.
Torqaholic is online now   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion