Old 09-08-2013, 9:24am   #1
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 7.2%

Thanked 11,499 Times in 5,023 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547
Default Serious race question

I have a real issue here. Just why in the hell do people hate other people based on the color of their skin? Also, the "reverse" discrimination thing has gotten on my last nerve. People of other descent (ie:not white) can have opportunities available to them that I can't even begin to touch. Scholarships, grants, you name it. The opportunity to succeed is there.

I think what has touched a nerve is the amount of black on white crime lately. Some poor old white dude just got knocked dead in Union Station in NY, but most will probably never hear about it. Plus, they make an international event out of the Zimmerman case. I mean WTF? I have never even had the thought run through my head to attack someone based on their ethnicity. I mean it could just boil down to the fact that thugs of every race had no upbringing, were psychopaths from the start, etc. I really don't get it. I couldn't imagine me or anyone I know walking down the street saying I'm going to fcuk up the next black person I see, and then wail on some 70 year old dude. I can't imagine the black community in this country not being outraged.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...-union-square/

Through the civil rights era, they fought so hard to make things right, only to have a bunch of idiots try their best to have it undone. Hell, the black on black crime appalls me. Our .gov in their not so infinite wisdom has made it easy for people not to work, and what is not handed to them, they will rob, steal, and kill for instead of taking advantage of the many opportunities at their door step. And on that note, the term "African American" pisses me off. Your either an American or not. To me, it is one of the most divisive terms ever. Any "hyphenated" American phrase gets under my skin.

All of that being said, I don't excuse anyone of criminal behavior. But next door in Macon GA, it is like a war zone. Don't believe me, go to News, sports and weather for Macon and Warner Robins, GA| The Telegraph & macon.com I've not even looked at it today, but I bet money there will be a rape, robbery, killing, stabbing, or something else.

If I'm wrong here, let me know, but I need a little insight.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08am   #2
Blue 92
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2161

No clue.

It does not help that we have people and entire groups whose identity is tied to race. To me race is a trait like hair color, eye color or physical build. It helps when describing a person but does not define who they are.

The person does that by their actions and attitude. And sadly we have people (of all races) all too happy to do that.
Blue 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:10am   #3
DukeAllen
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.5%

Thanked 9,186 Times in 4,944 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10001598

You have to give the libs credit. They invent a cause and hang on to it like the vampires they are.

I don't care what color someone is, I only hate them if they're a total prick.
DukeAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DukeAllen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 12:26pm   #4
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,849 Times in 11,760 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

It gets to me to. A few weeks back, my bass player (black dude 56 y/o) brought his girlfriend to band practice. Now, she has issues and got pissed when she asked where to buy some blow and nobody would tell her. Why? none of us do that and her immediate comment was that we're all white and don't want to "...help a nigga out."

So we're leaving and I give them both a ride to the hotel they are staying at for the weekend and she say,s "C'mon white boy. Let's go. We got to get out of Klan country." I slammed on the brakes and threw her ass out of the truck...in the rain.

When i got back tot he band room after that, we found an empty baggy with some white powder in the area where she went to hide away and talk on her phone. But we're racists for not wanting to help her with her drug habit
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 5:59pm   #5
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 7.2%

Thanked 11,499 Times in 5,023 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Honestly, I'm sick of racism on every front. I'm sick of people using it as an excuse. Either you are a decent human being or not. People using the "Oh, I was discriminated against" are mostly full of shit. Hell, if you are as white as the pure driven snow with tattoos all up your neck, I wouldn't give you a job any more than I would with a brother with his pants off his ass down to the back of his knees. It doesn't amount to discrimination, it amounts to common decency. I think as a society we have devolved in the last 40 years for the worse. Everyone has an excuse, complaint, etc. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? If you are a piece of shit, I don't care if you are as blue as a Smurf, it makes no difference. Our .gov has promoted lack of responsibility and it seems like no one cares. Our lamestream media has done nothing but promote the idea that everyone but white males are discriminated against. What a crock. Life is what it is. I'm damn sure not going to sit around and be angry because a person who Black, Hispanic, Asian, or whatever makes more money than me etc. Collectively we have let our "elected" leaders pawn off on us a complete load of crap just so they can pander to blocks of voters. There is a reason we are going to hell in a bucket.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 7:33pm   #6
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,610 Times in 13,602 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
I have a real issue here. Just why in the hell do people hate other people based on the color of their skin?
It is not because of their skin color, it is because of their behavior. That behavior happens to be predominant within that skin color.

If a minority TRULY wanted to be treated equal...it would behave as an equal.

Prisons are NOT full of MY equals.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 8:18pm   #7
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 6,913 Times in 2,616 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
everyone but white males are discriminated against..
*heterosexual white males
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 9:07pm   #8
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,610 Times in 13,602 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
everyone but white males are discriminated against
Not at all true. We just don't have as good a PR team as minorities do.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 4:12am   #9
Olustee bus
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 3,198 Times in 1,783 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1232517

The civil rights leaders of the Black community back in the 50's, 60's and 70's worked too hard for what is going on now. It is a shame.
Olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Olustee bus For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion