Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2020, 3:43pm   #281
carlton_fritz
Barn Stall Owner #1991
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 7,178 Times in 3,520 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $43590365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Direct statements from people who are just telling us this, that's what. Also that document from Ohio I posted up.

It's literally all over the place if you look for it. And I don't watch the "news" either because you'd be retarded to honestly, our media is the worst.

One of many examples, start it at about 2:36.

NYC Health Officials Assess Impact; Counterterrorism Officer: A Lot of “Misinformation” About Virus - YouTube

Haven't you figured out that if you take the opposite viewpoint that you are wrong? You cannot argue with a woman, even with facts.
carlton_fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carlton_fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 3:45pm   #282
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton_fritz View Post
Haven't you figured out that if you take the opposite viewpoint that you are wrong? You cannot argue with a woman, even with facts.
That's why I'm in here arguing instead of 30 feet away where my wife is.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 4:05pm   #283
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 40.3%

Thanked 18,439 Times in 8,124 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
BTW, PPE expires
What part of a cloth/paper surgical mask is perishable?
dvarapala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 4:08pm   #284
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,384 Times in 13,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
The date they stamp on it
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 4:10pm   #285
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 35.3%

Thanked 14,127 Times in 4,306 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

So I see what you posted, but I will assume you are not a medical professional?

Basically that Ohio form says, if it smells like shit and looks like shit, you can put it WAS shit.

I'm good with a confirmatory test not being done if all the reviewed laboratory tests, x-rays, progression of symptoms etc were obvious to be COVID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton_fritz View Post

Never said you were wrong, OR right, it is called debating not arguing.
C3C7NIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 4:16pm   #286
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
I do not know the actual shelf life on those items. MAybe one of our fact checker nerds could research that.

Assume masks that have plastic/filters etc have higher likelihood of deterioration.

Even all of our "sterile" supply has expiration dates; sterile irrigation fluids, sutures wound swabs etc. even autoclaved metal surgical instruments have a specific shelf life.
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...f-life-faq.pdf
Old 04-05-2020, 4:46pm   #287
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
So I see what you posted, but I will assume you are not a medical professional?

Basically that Ohio form says, if it smells like shit and looks like shit, you can put it WAS shit.

I'm good with a confirmatory test not being done if all the reviewed laboratory tests, x-rays, progression of symptoms etc were obvious to be COVID.

I more closely subscribe to the "If you didn't test for it, don't use it as COD" mindset.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 5:04pm   #288
Murray
A Real Barner
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 11,246 Times in 3,992 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29012

And now a tiger at a NY Zoo has it
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 5:28pm   #289
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

This sounds like good advice from a retired respiratory therapist.

CORONA Common Sense

Since they are calling on Respiratory Therapist to help fight the Coronavirus, and I am a retired one, too old to work in a hospital setting, I'm going to share some common sense wisdom with those that have the virus and are trying to stay home. If my advice is followed as given, you will improve your chances of not ending up in the hospital on a ventilator. This applies to the otherwise generally healthy population, so use discretion.

Only high temperatures kill a virus, so let your fever run high. Tylenol will bring your fever down allowing the virus to live longer. They are saying that Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, etc. will actually exacerbate the virus. Use common sense and don't let a fever go over 103 or 104, if you got the guts. If it gets higher than that, take your Tylenol, not Ibuprofen or Advil ( or any type of anti-inflammatory drugs ) to keep it regulated. It helps to keep your house warm and cover up with blankets so your body does not have to work so hard to generate the heat. It usually takes about 3 days of this to break the fever.

The body is going to dehydrate with the elevated temperature, so you must rehydrate yourself regularly, whether you like it or not. Gatorade with real sugar or Pedialyte with real sugar for kids works well. Why the sugar? Sugar will give your body back the energy it is using up to create the fever. The electrolytes and fluid you are losing will also be replenished by the Gatorade. If you don't do this and end up in the hospital they will start an IV and give you D5W ( sugar water ) and normal saline to replenish electrolytes. Gatorade is much cheaper, pain-free, and comes in an assortment of flavors.

You must keep your lungs moist. This is best done by taking long steamy showers on a regular basis. If you're wheezing or congested, use a real minty toothpaste and brush your teeth while taking the steamy shower and deep breaths through your mouth. This will provide some bronchial dialation and help loosen the phlegm. Force yourself to cough into a wet washcloth pressed firmly over your mouth and nose, which will cause greater pressure in your lungs forcing them to expand more and break loose more of the congestion.

Eat healthily and regularly. You've got to keep your strength up.

Once the fever breaks, start moving around to get the body back in shape and blood circulating.

Deep breathe on a regular basis, even when it hurts. If you don't, it becomes easy to develop pneumonia. Pursed lip breathing really helps. That's breathing in deep and slow, then exhaling through tight lips as if you're blowing out a candle. Blow until you have completely emptied your lungs and you will be able to breathe in an even deeper breath. This helps keep lungs expanded as well as increase your oxygen level.

Remember that every medication you take is merely relieving the symptoms, not making you well.

If you're still not improving, then go to the ER.

I've been doing these things for myself and my family for over 40 years and it has kept us out of the hospital. All are healthy and still living today.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 5:31pm   #290
Murray
A Real Barner

My brother emailed the same thing to me a week ago. Several issues I thought were false/misleading but would be interested in what Nicole has to say about it
The Following User Says Thank You to Murray For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 5:41pm   #291
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 33.5%

Thanked 6,944 Times in 3,058 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
The type of PPE that is used during this type of transmissible illness is not kept in that large of supply, as it is seldom used. As are the isolation rooms, we would in no way have sufficient positive pressure rooms, not possible. So the simple APP on your phone to figure it out is not applicable in this circumstance, you are trying to make something far to simplified. We are not talking about basic mask/PPE's.
Seldom used items, that are used in large amount when unusual things happen, are the most important items to have under inventory management. Of course not every item is applicable to be managed by an app on your phone, but I'm pretty sure masks and gloves, which are used every day, would be a good fit. This is why I didn't try to deliver a Master's degree in inventory management in a post. Sometimes inventory management is simple, and sometimes it is not. That is why I also said that the failure of supplies is NOT the fault of providers, and is the fault of their management.

Quote:
You act as if calling you Doug~E was an insult, you no like Doug?

Now, had I called you Fishy Panties, that should have really got your butt hurt going.

Look, you are the one who expressed butt-hurt over "name calling", not me. But if you really want to know, you and Murray have shown a serious study of FPD/Neece tactics in this thread. You have been swiping at me for at least a week, saying shit like my posts are "drivel" and the like, to which I have not responded because I basically don't care if you think my posts are drivel, and they quite possibly are ,as most of them are just my opinion. But what happened last night was truly classic:

First, Murray agrees with what I posted, that the "exponential growth, doubling every 2-3 days" crap was overblown, and not supported in the data. Then, in a most Doug-like manner, he deletes his agreement post, and tries to start an argument where none exists (since taking 5 days to go from 100K cases to 200K cases is pretty much an incontrovertible fact).

While this is going on, you jump in with a thinly veiled personal insult, which I more or less ignored, and encouraged you to join the conversation. You ignored that, and went straight to a direct ad hominem attack. Yes, this is a classic Neece tactic when she wants to start shit to try to de-rail a thread, but I refrained from actually calling you "Neece" (even though you called me "Doug"), and instead inferred it by saying I expected you to say I was "ugly", and that you didn't like my hair.

At the end of the day, although someone said I gave you a "cudgeling", I feel like I could have been a ton more harsh, and it would have been completely justified.

I think the moral of the story here is:

Don't start no shit,
Won't be no shit.

Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 5:41pm   #292
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

High dose vitamin C possible treatment?

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/video/670244
Old 04-05-2020, 6:08pm   #293
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:

CORONA Common Sense

Since they are calling on Respiratory Therapist to help fight the Coronavirus, and I am a retired one, too old to work in a hospital setting, I'm going to share some common sense wisdom with those that have the virus and are trying to stay home. If my advice is followed as given, you will improve your chances of not ending up in the hospital on a ventilator. This applies to the otherwise generally healthy population, so use discretion.

Only high temperatures kill a virus, so let your fever run high. Tylenol will bring your fever down allowing the virus to live longer. They are saying that Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, etc. will actually exacerbate the virus. Use common sense and don't let a fever go over 103 or 104, if you got the guts. If it gets higher than that, take your Tylenol, not Ibuprofen or Advil ( or any type of anti-inflammatory drugs ) to keep it regulated. It helps to keep your house warm and cover up with blankets so your body does not have to work so hard to generate the heat. It usually takes about 3 days of this to break the fever.

The body is going to dehydrate with the elevated temperature, so you must rehydrate yourself regularly, whether you like it or not. Gatorade with real sugar or Pedialyte with real sugar for kids works well. Why the sugar? Sugar will give your body back the energy it is using up to create the fever. The electrolytes and fluid you are losing will also be replenished by the Gatorade. If you don't do this and end up in the hospital they will start an IV and give you D5W ( sugar water ) and normal saline to replenish electrolytes. Gatorade is much cheaper, pain-free, and comes in an assortment of flavors.

You must keep your lungs moist. This is best done by taking long steamy showers on a regular basis. If you're wheezing or congested, use a real minty toothpaste and brush your teeth while taking the steamy shower and deep breaths through your mouth. This will provide some bronchial dialation and help loosen the phlegm. Force yourself to cough into a wet washcloth pressed firmly over your mouth and nose, which will cause greater pressure in your lungs forcing them to expand more and break loose more of the congestion.

Once the fever breaks, start moving around to get the body back in shape and blood circulating.

Deep breathe on a regular basis, even when it hurts. If you don't, it becomes easy to develop pneumonia. Pursed lip breathing really helps. That's breathing in deep and slow, then exhaling through tight lips as if you're blowing out a candle. Blow until you have completely emptied your lungs and you will be able to breathe in an even deeper breath. This helps keep lungs expanded as well as increase your oxygen level.

Remember that every medication you take is merely relieving the symptoms, not making you well.

I've been doing these things for myself and my family for over 40 years and it has kept us out of the hospital. All are healthy and still living today.
Everything listed is 99% of what I do when I have the flu. The only exceptions are taking NyQuil around 10:00 so I can sleep through the night without coughing. And coughing in to a towel that gets washed frequently.
Old 04-05-2020, 6:09pm   #294
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

I'd like to add a facepalm for the bickering, but no one is supposed to touch their face.
Old 04-05-2020, 6:12pm   #295
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:

CORONA Common Sense

When my asthma or bronchitis gets out of control and I am on nebulizer treatments ever 4 hours I boil a big pot of water and put peppermint essential oils in the water and breath in the steam. Super helpful to open up my bronchioles and chest.

They also have those awesome vicks shower pucks you can put in your shower, same concept as the toothpaste or the old Vicks vapor rub on your chest.

Old 04-05-2020, 6:14pm   #296
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I'd like to add a facepalm for the bickering, but no one is supposed to touch their face.
Here is a double one for you

Old 04-05-2020, 6:22pm   #297
Murray
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Seldom used items, that are used in large amount when unusual things happen, are the most important items to have under inventory management. Of course not every item is applicable to be managed by an app on your phone, but I'm pretty sure masks and gloves, which are used every day, would be a good fit. This is why I didn't try to deliver a Master's degree in inventory management in a post. Sometimes inventory management is simple, and sometimes it is not. That is why I also said that the failure of supplies is NOT the fault of providers, and is the fault of their management.

Look, you are the one who expressed butt-hurt over "name calling", not me. But if you really want to know, you and Murray have shown a serious study of FPD/Neece tactics in this thread. You have been swiping at me for at least a week, saying shit like my posts are "drivel" and the like, to which I have not responded because I basically don't care if you think my posts are drivel, and they quite possibly are ,as most of them are just my opinion. But what happened last night was truly classic:

First, Murray agrees with what I posted, that the "exponential growth, doubling every 2-3 days" crap was overblown, and not supported in the data. Then, in a most Doug-like manner, he deletes his agreement post, and tries to start an argument where none exists (since taking 5 days to go from 100K cases to 200K cases is pretty much an incontrovertible fact).

While this is going on, you jump in with a thinly veiled personal insult, which I more or less ignored, and encouraged you to join the conversation. You ignored that, and went straight to a direct ad hominem attack. Yes, this is a classic Neece tactic when she wants to start shit to try to de-rail a thread, but I refrained from actually calling you "Neece" (even though you called me "Doug"), and instead inferred it by saying I expected you to say I was "ugly", and that you didn't like my hair.

At the end of the day, although someone said I gave you a "cudgeling", I feel like I could have been a ton more harsh, and it would have been completely justified.

I think the moral of the story here is:

Don't start no shit,
Won't be no shit.

Ill try this again.....

I linked an article stating it doubled in 3 days, something you say didnt exist.period

Agreed was an easy way for me to end this painful exchange. After thinking about it, I mistakenly changed my mind.

Again, it doubled in 3 days. I can explain it to you but I cant make you understand.

PS Youre like Doug but smarter was a compliment but the asshole in you wouldnt permit you to see it.

Its like trying to explain what the number 7s blue color smells like.
Old 04-05-2020, 6:22pm   #298
Murray
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Old 04-05-2020, 6:40pm   #299
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Here is why I am washing may hands and using hand sanitizer and saying "fk the rest of it"

Masks that are not rated for the virus, do no good...two weeks later, wear anything on your face.

This virus is not airborne...two weeks later, it's airborne

This virus will only live a few hours on surfaces...two weeks later, it can live up to 3 days on plastic

Wipe down your groceries...later, wiping down groceries does no good

Stay at least 6 feet from others...planes, buses, subways STILL RUNNING

Texas will be the next hot spot...Feds pull out of Texas

Wait 6 feet apart to get in the grocery store...once inside, mingling everywhere

Hospitals are over crowded look at this video...video is from Italy, not New York

No human animal transfer...tiger has COVID 19 and more big cats with symptoms

We have had great success with HCQ even doctors are taking it...we can't have it because it's dangerous

This is all bullshit and I am NOT a lab rat/experiment while they figure whayt the truth of the day is.
Old 04-05-2020, 6:44pm   #300
BOTY
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.1%

Thanked 13,170 Times in 6,028 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343

Are we done yet ?? I struggle with all the bickering, I like to keep it on the straight and narrow.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic