Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion

C6 Open Discussion General and technical C6 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2015, 4:45am   #1
ja
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $515
Default C6 2013 Convertible - Storage and Entertainment

Hi everyone!

I landed a sweet deal from Hertz on a C6 Convertible, which I'm told is a 2013 base model. I'm looking forward to a road trip next month and starting what I hope will be a long and fruitful relationship with Corvettes But first! I'm planning how much space I'll have, and also the music facilities.

I'm concerned there won't be enough space with the top down since my girlfriend and I plan to do a lot of shopping on the way. Will there be enough space in the back for my duffel bag and my girlfriend's small backpack (her trip is shorter than mine), and possibly even myself if I misbehave, with room to spare? Perhaps some kind soul with the same car could post a quick pic of the space with their top down. The pics I've found on Google don't reveal too much. And is there any place to put stuff that can be accessed while driving?

And secondly, is the AUX sound port easy accessible? I need to plug in my phone for music, audio books, and navigation, so this is rather important. I've heard of AUX ports located behind the radio, which I think I would severely complicate things!

Thanks all. See you on the road!
ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 5:08pm   #2
wwomanC6
Charter Member
C6 Modulator
Barn Stall Owner #27

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 51.5%

Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,385 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100108568

Howdy ja!

Cool deal on your new Vette! Any idea what the mileage is on it? Hope you have some fun and many enjoyable year in it!
Post up pics here when you get a chance. We love pics here.

As to your questions, I talked to 73sbVert (Paul) on here. He has a 09 C6 vert but is working late tonight and unable to post up.

He stated that the top doesn't take away any trunk room. The trunk is large enough to hold 2 full golf bags in it. Plus the cubbies behind the rear wheels to store small items. Should be plenty of room for your duffel bag and her small back pack and more!

He was not sure about the aux ports. He only had a stock radio for a few days before he changed it out!

Wendy aka Squirrel
wwomanC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wwomanC6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2015, 6:41am   #3
ja
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $515

Hi Wendy! Thanks for the speedy answer (though I would expect nothing less from a forum dedicated to sports cars)

Sorry my post was a little vague: the car is a rental! But if things go well then I might consider a more permanent arrangement Re: mileage.. I'm renting it in Vegas so I assume it's taken a pounding over the last few years.

I'm relieved to hear about the space and looking forward to filling all of it with frivolous purchases from American stores I've only ever heard about.

And I will definitely post pics when I get back!

I found an online copy of the ownership manual for 2013 Corvette up at https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...13corvette.pdf and it says:

Quote:
Auxiliary Devices

Using the Auxiliary Input Jack

The vehicle may have an auxiliary
input jack located on the right side
of the faceplate or in the center
console.
"may" If it may then some do not, and if they're giving me the base model then it stands to reason that it wouldn't have it. Poo. Here's to hoping my logic is wrong.
ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 8:21am   #4
73sbVert
Barn Stall Owner #20
Barn Stall Owner #33

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'13,'14,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 3,291 Times in 1,955 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $988270

Yah, there's actually quite a bit of room in the trunk, even for a convertible. A large suitcase will (barely!) fit, but a couple of medium sized duffles will easily fit, and there is lots of "hidey hole" room around too. You'll be fine I think.

As for the radio, IIRC, there may have been a jack on the lower right side of the faceplate of the radio for a cable to plug in. Don't recall though.

The worst thing about renting that car is you'll be stuck with an automatic. Having a stick is SOOOOOOOOOO much better IMO!

Enjoy, and feel free to post up pics during your stay, and since no one else has chimed in, pics of gf are mandatory!

73sbVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 7:27pm   #5
Denman
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $627

Very cool find, i rented one and ended up with my C6 that way!
Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denman For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion