Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2016, 7:17pm   #21
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 7,684 Times in 3,615 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $975924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
I got the answer for you, Apex. Everybody takes responsibility for their own stuff, does what they want, says what they want and deals with any consequences personally.
Return to the way this country was envisioned and originally set up. Government out of everyones business. If you want to put up a flag, cross, whatever, that's your business. If somebody doesn't like it, tough, let them deal with it and get on with their own thing. Stop promoting every agenda that some aggreived minority comes up with. In cases of a public issue, majority rules. This is America. We don't fly the flag of another nation here and English is the official language, and we have our own culture here. Welcome, if you want to be American and comport yourself accordingly.
That is how you put an end to all the garbage this country is enduring.
No free rides, and no victim culture.
No shit. Solved. Just that easy. I'll get right on this after I get this toothpaste back in the tube I accidentally squeezed it out of...
ApexOversteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 7:19pm   #22
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner

Thanked 7,684 Times in 3,615 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $975924

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 commemorative View Post
maybe they want the star of david and crescent moons too !
Exactlly. Imagine the outcry if 79 Crescent&Stars appeared on a courthouse lawn in Whiteytown, USA or someone installed a 30 foot Bhudda in front of the local Police Station...
ApexOversteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:14pm   #23
_Nomad_
A Real Barner

Location: Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, because they're fassst…and they DART, THAT'S crazy!
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $350050

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Time for "The Crusades Part II"
You mean Crusades Part X. There were 9 Crusades.

Although you do have a point.
_Nomad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:38pm   #24
_Nomad_
A Real Barner

Location: Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, because they're fassst…and they DART, THAT'S crazy!
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $350050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOversteer View Post
Exactlly. Imagine the outcry if 79 Crescent&Stars appeared on a courthouse lawn in Whiteytown, USA or someone installed a 30 foot Bhudda in front of the local Police Station...
I highly doubt those dead American soldiers in Georgia were Muslim or Buddhist. Those 79 crosses represented 79 dead men and women who died defending this country in wars. It was in a Christian town, in a Christian state, inside a Christian nation. So the crosses make sense. It wasn't done just to make a religious statement or to upset oikophobic liberals, and it certainly shouldn't be forced to be some stupid "diversity" PC nonsense. If you want to see tombstones of fallen American soldiers with other religious symbols on the grave markers go to Arlington Cemetery. You will see many there.

All of this left-wing, bash everything Christian, I need a safe space, social justice warrior stupidity is the smegma of American society. That smegma is building up and American seriously need to start washing its genitals. If you don't like it in the United States of America...MOVE.
_Nomad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to _Nomad_ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2016, 7:10am   #25
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 86.3%

Thanked 7,703 Times in 3,418 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nomad_ View Post
I highly doubt those dead American soldiers in Georgia were Muslim or Buddhist. Those 79 crosses represented 79 dead men and women who died defending this country in wars. It was in a Christian town, in a Christian state, inside a Christian nation. So the crosses make sense. It wasn't done just to make a religious statement ....
So why not put up 79 flags instead? Then this would have never been a problem. Seems simple enough to me.

They died representing this nation, not Christianity.

Personally, it doesn't offend me at all. None of it does. I have way too many things in my life more important than to be upset about sh*t like this. But with that said, Christians seem to have a hell of hard time accepting that they don't have more rights than anybody else in this country. What is extra amusing is that many times Christians don't even realize they are doing it. The comment above... "It wasn't done just to make a religious statement". Really?! The cross is the single most recognized religious symbol in the history of mankind. You put 79 of them (including 1 that is huge based on the picture) in a field and you don't think that is a "religious statement"?? If the EXACT same thing was done with the crescent and star, would you say the same thing? I highly doubt it. There is no difference.

If someone went to that park and planted memorials for a bunch of Muslims, the same people would all of a sudden flip their argument and scream about how terrible it is and that it shouldn't be allowed. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong.

In case people forget, religious freedom... as in ALL religions... is kind of how this whole thing got started a few hundred years ago.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2016, 10:35am   #26
73sbVert
Barn Stall Owner #20
Barn Stall Owner #33

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'13,'14,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 3,291 Times in 1,955 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $988270

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
The complainer should be removed from the gene pool.
FIFY
73sbVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:56pm   #27
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 21.2%

Thanked 33,735 Times in 12,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

I heard there was an overwhelming outcry - that got the crosses returned.

My question is... why did the city allow just one numbnuts - hiding behind an anonymous telephone call - to get them to be removed in the first place?
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2016, 3:50pm   #28
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
So why not put up 79 flags instead? Then this would have never been a problem. Seems simple enough to me.

They died representing this nation, not Christianity.

Personally, it doesn't offend me at all. None of it does. I have way too many things in my life more important than to be upset about sh*t like this. But with that said, Christians seem to have a hell of hard time accepting that they don't have more rights than anybody else in this country. What is extra amusing is that many times Christians don't even realize they are doing it. The comment above... "It wasn't done just to make a religious statement". Really?! The cross is the single most recognized religious symbol in the history of mankind. You put 79 of them (including 1 that is huge based on the picture) in a field and you don't think that is a "religious statement"?? If the EXACT same thing was done with the crescent and star, would you say the same thing? I highly doubt it. There is no difference.

If someone went to that park and planted memorials for a bunch of Muslims, the same people would all of a sudden flip their argument and scream about how terrible it is and that it shouldn't be allowed. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong.

In case people forget, religious freedom... as in ALL religions... is kind of how this whole thing got started a few hundred years ago.
Gotta agree.
Although I don't have an issue with the crosses (or any of the religious symbols); if the town elects to put them up, then I think they would be obligated to find the religion of each soldier that they are representing and then put up that symbol accordingly. (like in the Arlington photo)
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic