Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion

C4 Open Discussion General and technical C4 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2014, 9:36pm   #1
beninsc
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 1.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $525
Default 1986 window frame ?

Hi I recently bought a 1986 corvette in need of some work. I bought it without a windshield safelite told me they cant put a windshield in until I get a frame or new molding. I have searched the internet and am not sure exactly what I need or who sells it. I hope someone may be familiar with what I will need and suggest the best place to purchase it. Thank you! Ben
beninsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 7:17am   #2
WW7
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,005 Times in 537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $32945423

I don't think I have seen new glass moldings ever listed for sale ...You will have to get used moldings from a Corvette salvage yard or a company that parts out Corvettes..There are quite a few on the net so do a search to find them ....If you go to the (Corvetteforum.com) and look in their C4 Corvette "for sale" section there are a few guys on there that part out Corvettes on a weekly basis , one of them is likely to have the moldings you need for sale...You will have to get in touch with them through the forum and they will get back to you.You also will likely have to join the forum.. It cost you nothing to join and it's a good place to ask questions on you 86 vette and get answers from some very knowledgeable people..The one guy in the for sale section that I have bought a few things from goes by the name "See4parts" or something close to that...Good Luck.....WW

Last edited by WW7; 07-13-2014 at 1:06pm.
WW7 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion