Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2015, 11:40am   #41
Hoog
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,425 Times in 727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $123317

Feels Lagano punted him at Kansas. After Keslowski took him out of contention yesterday, it guess Matt felt it was time to balance the books.
Hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:44am   #42
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 42.8%

Thanked 7,730 Times in 3,440 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoog View Post
Feels Lagano punted him at Kansas. After Keslowski took him out of contention yesterday, it guess Matt felt it was time to balance the books.
Logano keeps saying Kenseth "blocked him into the wall". What I see is Logano driving himself into the wall and flat out punting the 20.

RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:26pm   #43
Nemesis
Bantayan Kids '15

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2527405

That was a lot of blocking. I would have hit him too. No way defending logano though, because he's logano.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:30pm   #44
Superstreet
Barn Stall Owner #28
Activity: 0.9%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,193 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1346307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew M View Post
That was a lot of blocking. I would have hit him too. No way defending logano though, because he's logano.
Exactly!
Superstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 1:10pm   #45
Hoog
Bantayan Kids '13

Thanked 1,425 Times in 727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $123317

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Logano keeps saying Kenseth "blocked him into the wall". What I see is Logano driving himself into the wall and flat out punting the 20.

Oh hell yes....he clearly moved Matt out of the way.

I was honestly laughing my ass off after the payback yesterday.
Hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 1:30pm   #46
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner

Thanked 7,684 Times in 3,615 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $975924

'Dega was the first race I've watched at all since Daytona in the spring, and watching the farce that was JR coming second in the race and not advancing further solidified my belief that NASCAR has lost the plot and in a desperate bid to stem the viewer numbers falling off the cliff they've cornholed the sport to death.
ApexOversteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 1:50pm   #47
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoog View Post
Oh hell yes....he clearly moved Matt out of the way.

I was honestly laughing my ass off after the payback yesterday.
Ditto.

I don't see that Kenseth's block at Kansas didn't warrant being punted from the lead. Even if the bumper was the way to go, there are ways to do it without spinning the other guy. Left rear corner of the car mid corner has 1 intent... wreck him.

He does that for a few laps... maybe but not once, especially with lapped cars in play. An a little side note, by winning the week before, Logano had already clinched a spot by winning the week before. I know that a win is a win but Logano killed Kenseth's season, plain and simple. The following week at Talladega, he chopped the nose off of Kenseth's car entering pit road at Talladega, again in a race where Logano had nothing to gain and Kenseth had everything to lose.

Logano is a douche who deserved everything he got yesterday. My only hope now is that he doesn't pull out a win in these next 2 weeks.
Old 11-02-2015, 2:04pm   #48
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 8,398 Times in 4,251 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Ditto.

I don't see that Kenseth's block at Kansas didn't warrant being punted from the lead. Even if the bumper was the way to go, there are ways to do it without spinning the other guy. Left rear corner of the car mid corner has 1 intent... wreck him.

He does that for a few laps... maybe but not once, especially with lapped cars in play. An a little side note, by winning the week before, Logano had already clinched a spot by winning the week before. I know that a win is a win but Logano killed Kenseth's season, plain and simple. The following week at Talladega, he chopped the nose off of Kenseth's car entering pit road at Talladega, again in a race where Logano had nothing to gain and Kenseth had everything to lose.

Logano is a douche who deserved everything he got yesterday. My only hope now is that he doesn't pull out a win in these next 2 weeks.
Logano is the new Kyle Busch.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 2:17pm   #49
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Quote:
Ditto.

The first time it's just racing.. the second time they are beginning to piss me off.

Third time is strike 3... and they just earned their tow truck ticket.
island14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 2:19pm   #50
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by island14 View Post
Just found these also while searching the net.

If I had money to burn, I'd start a race team. Why? I've always liked fast cars and I'd get a giggle out of folks that liked my team; MF Motors.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 2:22pm   #51
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
If I had money to burn, I'd start a race team. Why? I've always liked fast cars and I'd get a giggle out of folks that liked my team; MF Motors.

I didn't catch that... MF Motors... LOL!
Old 11-02-2015, 2:28pm   #52
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
The first time it's just racing.. the second time they are beginning to piss me off.

Third time is strike 3... and they just earned their tow truck ticket.
Pretty solid stance.

Logano caught him due in part to the traffic, looked on 1 straight... then put a nose through the bumper.
Old 11-02-2015, 2:32pm   #53
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
I didn't catch that... MF Motors... LOL!
"Who'd ya get twisted up with? That MF team, the bastards."

Oh and on topic, Logano got what he gave. I, too, had a giggle at the fans after yesterday's wreck.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 6:09pm   #54
carlton_fritz
Barn Stall Owner #1991
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 7,179 Times in 3,520 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $43590365

Logano should see the reaction of the fans and realize that he is not a fan favorite and is hated by many.
carlton_fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 6:27pm   #55
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton_fritz View Post
Logano should see the reaction of the fans and realize that he is not a fan favorite and is hated by many.
Maybe.. but the fans are not paying your pay check.

Where you finish is how much you get paid.

If you let one guy run you all over the track and block you.. then everyone else will think it's ok also.

Put a few in check and they will all think twice and maybe not do it again.

I bet he would not have tried that crap on Earnhardt Sr..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to island14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2015, 10:39am   #56
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Maybe.. but the fans are not paying your pay check.

Where you finish is how much you get paid.

If you let one guy run you all over the track and block you.. then everyone else will think it's ok also.

Put a few in check and they will all think twice and maybe not do it again.
I usually can't find much to argue with what you say when it comes to racing, but I disagree on this one. At that level? It's sponsors and marketing (fans) that contribute every bit as much, if not more than actual winnings.

Dale Jr has been listed by Forbes as the highest paid NASCAR driver for as long as I can remember. It's not because he's winning more races. As a better argument... Danica was somewhere near the top of the list as well. There's no way in hell that's due to on track performance.

Logano didn't dump Kenseth for a paycheck.

We'll obviously never know for sure, but had it been reversed and it was Kenseth passing Logano (the very first incident before the drama), I think it is a fairly safe bet that Kenseth wouldn't have spun him at that point. As I said earlier... after a few times, MAYBE in the last corner going for a win, after something more aggressive... maybe. But certainly not 1 front stretch block and then spin him out.

Was it the World's dirtiest race move? No, but turning Kenseth in that situation certainly wasn't a move that is going to get him any respect. There's a line between not being pushed around and becoming the aggressor.

Speaking of which, interesting comments from none other than Jeff Gordon on the subject:

From NASCAR.com

Quote:
If there's anyone who knows about getting retribution on a championship-eligible driver, it's Martinsville-winner Jeff Gordon.

Gordon, who effectively ended Clint Bowyer's title hopes by taking out his No. 15 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota at Phoenix in 2012, was asked about Sunday's incident in which Matt Kenseth -- off the lead lap at the time -- wrecked a race-leading Joey Logano two weeks after Logano initiated contact with Kenseth at Kansas.

His initial reaction?

"Wow," Gordon told Dan Patrick on his radio show. "I had kind of forgotten about it; their issue. I was right behind Matt when the whole wreck happened the first time that kind of took him out of the race. It was a racing incident, but at the same time, I wasn't putting two and two together at the time of 'Oh, boy, here comes the redemption.' I thought it was the 2 car (of Brad Keselowski) that got into Matt, not the 22. When I watched it happen, I was like 'Oh, my gosh. Did I just see that happen?'

"Of course, for me, the 22 at that time was the biggest threat that we had on the race track to win that race. Things started adding up for me and our team."

Logano had led a race-high 207 laps to that point and appeared set to wind up in Victory Lane for the fourth straight week to clinch a Championship Round berth before the 20 car intervened. Kenseth, out of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup after the 22 car bumped him while leading at Kansas, certainly appeared determined to make sure Logano faced the same fate.

The move allowed Gordon to take control of the race -- and the Chase standings -- with two races remaining in the Eliminator Round, leaving Logano in last place and searching for answers.

"Since then, I've had a lot of things go through my mind in that incident. I had a similar incident with Clint Bowyer several years ago, so I can relate to Matt," Gordon said. "He was taken out of a race win and a shot at the championship in Kansas and right or wrong, when that happens, you aren't going to forget it. You are going to take that win or championship away from someone else if you get that opportunity and that's exactly what happened."

Gordon has had issues with Team Penske drivers before -- we're approaching the anniversary of the four-time champion's melee with Logano's teammate Keselowski at Texas Motor Speedway -- and seemed to side with fellow 40-plus-year-old Kenseth, who Gordon says he has a "tremendous amount of respect for," despite their own run-ins with each other.

But was the controversial move fair?

"Life's not always fair," Gordon said. "Here's the way I look at it. Joey's been amazing this year and he's not done yet; I think they can still make it to Homestead and be a major threat. I think he's the favorite to win this championship.

"Had Joey handled that situation at Kansas slightly better … I mean, he was gloating about it. He was like, 'Oh, yeah. That's exactly the way I should've raced and he blocked me.' That's fine if you feel that way, but guess what? That's not helping the situation and how (Kenseth's) going to think about you and not even think twice if he gets in that scenario and in that situation. That's what I learned in my situation with Bowyer. Yeah, I had regrets. I wish I'd handled it differently, but I also know my raw emotions came out and I reacted. But it's how you handle it from that point moving forward as to what is going to help you get through it. That goes from both sides; from Joey's side as well as from Matt's side."

In short, Gordon thinks Kenseth felt "like he was disrespected and that he wasn't going to stand for it anymore."

As the series now turns to Texas -- known for its hot action on the track and on pit road following the race, it'll be interesting to see what unfolds, as neither driver has any strikes left to give.

"It's a three strikes and you're out-type situation," Gordon said. "The Kansas thing happened; that's strike one. They had some issues at Talladega; that's strike two. And then boom, this happens at Martinsville and it's strike three, that's it. I've lost any amount of integrity at this moment because my raw emotions and frustrations have now taken over.

"I think anyone that was in that position, who's a competitor and has driven a race car, I think, yeah, it's a good chance -- 90 percent of the time -- they do the same thing."
Bolded emphasis is mine.
Old 11-03-2015, 3:27pm   #57
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15

Quote:
I usually can't find much to argue with what you say when it comes to racing, but I disagree on this one. At that level? It's sponsors and marketing (fans) that contribute every bit as much, if not more than actual winnings.

said earlier... after a few times, MAYBE in the last corner going for a win, after something more aggressive... maybe. But certainly not 1 front stretch block and then spin him out.

Good grief dood..

You brought up a whole lot of topics in your entire post above! and yeah they all kinda tie into one, but not really a simple answer.

And no.. I'm not endorsing bonzai kamikaze racing without restraints or rules.

I believe in clean racing and being a true sportsman, and dislike a lot of things I hear about some racers doing.

..let me heal up from last nights hangover and I'll try to explain my thoughts better.

Old 11-03-2015, 4:40pm   #58
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Good grief dood..

You brought up a whole lot of topics in your entire post above! and yeah they all kinda tie into one, but not really a simple answer.

And no.. I'm not endorsing bonzai kamikaze racing without restraints or rules.

I believe in clean racing and being a true sportsman, and dislike a lot of things I hear about some racers doing.

..let me heal up from last nights hangover and I'll try to explain my thoughts better.

Man, I completely get what you're saying. I'm not REALLY arguing. Just discussing. I think we're in violent agreement.
Old 11-03-2015, 6:14pm   #59
Steve Austin
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $612110

NASCAR just parked Kenseth for 2 weeks.
Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Austin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2015, 6:22pm   #60
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux