Old 07-25-2011, 7:21am   #21
AC54ME
Barn Stall Owner #66
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4290

Hey Joe,

Every day there is more to undercut your mantra:

Quote:
WASHINGTON – A review of Anders Behring Breivik's 1,500-page manifesto shows the media's quick characterization of the Norwegian terrorist as a "Christian" may be as incorrect as it was to call Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh one.

Breivik was arrested over the weekend, charged with a pair of brutal attacks in and near Oslo, Norway, including a bombing in the capital city that killed 7 and a shooting spree at a youth political retreat on the island of Utoya that killed more than 80 victims.

Piecing together Breivik's various posts on the Internet, many media reports have characterized the terrorist – who says he was upset over the multiculturalist policies stemming from Norway's Labour Party – as a "right-wing, Christian fundamentalist."

Yet, while McVeigh rejected God altogether, Breivik writes in his manifesto that he is not religious, has doubts about God's existence, does not pray, but does assert the primacy of Europe's "Christian culture" as well as his own pagan Nordic culture.

Breivik instead hails Charles Darwin, whose evolutionary theories stand in contrast to the claims of the Bible, and affirms: "As for the Church and science, it is essential that science takes an undisputed precedence over biblical teachings. Europe has always been the cradle of science, and it must always continue to be that way. Regarding my personal relationship with God, I guess I'm not an excessively religious man. I am first and foremost a man of logic. However, I am a supporter of a monocultural Christian Europe."

The terrorist also candidly admits he finds no support within either the Catholic or Protestant churches for his violent ideas.

"I trust that the future leadership of a European cultural conservative hegemony in Europe will ensure that the current Church leadership are replaced and the systems somewhat reformed," he writes. "We must have a Church leadership who supports a future Crusade with the intention of liberating the Balkans, Anatolia and creating three Christian states in the Middle East. Efforts should be made to facilitate the de-construction of the Protestant Church whose members should convert back to Catholicism. The Protestant Church had an important role once, but its original goals have been accomplished and have contributed to reform the Catholic Church as well. Europe should have a united Church lead [sic] by a just and non-suicidal pope who is willing to fight for the security of his subjects, especially in regards to Islamic atrocities."

While Breivik says he considers himself "100-percent Christian," he also expresses pride in his genealogical roots.

"I am very proud of my Viking heritage," he writes. "My name, Breivik, is a location name from northern Norway, and can be dated back to even before the Viking era. Behring is a pre-Christian Germanic name, which is derived from Behr, the Germanic word for Bear (or 'those who are protected by the bear')."

And while characterizing himself as "Christian" and "Protestant," Breivik says he supports "a reformation of Protestantism leading to it being absorbed by Catholisism." [sic]

Likewise, media reports frequently characterized McVeigh as a "Christian," though he adamantly denied any religious beliefs or convictions – placing his faith in science.

Breivik adds, "I went from moderately agnostic to moderately religious."

In a question-and-answer section of his manifesto, Breivik asks himself, "What should be our civilisational [sic] objectives, how do you envision a perfect Europe?"

His answer is hardly the response of a "Christian utopian": "'Logic' and rationalist thought (a certain degree of national Darwinism) should be the fundament [sic] of our societies. I support the propagation of collective rational thought but not necessarily on a personal level."

Religious worship and study is never noted in the manifesto as part of Breivik's routine in preparing for his mission of mass murder. In discussing his preparation for the attack, he writes: "It has been a long-term process since I first decided I wanted to contribute. But it's not like I have been isolated for years. I have almost lived a normal life up until now. I still have a close relationship with my friends and family, just not as tight as it used to be. As for my current situation, I have been working on this book now for almost two years. It's essential that you reward yourself and enjoy life in this period. You can do things you normally wouldn't have done. You can basically live a normal life if you chose to; you just have to be extra careful. I have been practising [sic] certain rituals and meditation to strengthen my beliefs and convictions. For me, the most common ritual is taking a long walk listening to my favourite [sic] music on my iPod."

Breivik also points out that his association with Christian cultural values is one of political expedience rather than religious commitment or faith

"My choice has nothing to do with the fact that I am not proud of my own traditions and heritage," he explains. "My choice was based purely pragmatism. All Europeans are in this boat together, so we must choose a more moderate platform that can appeal to a great number of Europeans – preferably up to 50 percent (realistically up to 35 percent)."

Breivik also claims membership in the Freemasons, which many Christians consider to be a cultic organization.

More specifically, he calls himself a Justiciar Knight and explains what that means insofar as belief in Christianity:

"As this is a cultural war, our definition of being a Christian does not necessarily constitute that you are required to have a personal relationship with God or Jesus," he writes. "Being a Christian can mean many things; That you believe in and want to protect Europe's Christian cultural heritage. The European cultural heritage, our norms (moral codes and social structures included), our traditions and our modern political systems are based on Christianity – Protestantism, Catholicism, Orthodox Christianity and the legacy of the European enlightenment (reason is the primary source and legitimacy for authority). It is not required that you have a personal relationship with God or Jesus in order to fight for our Christian cultural heritage and the European way. In many ways, our modern societies and European secularism is a result of European Christendom and the enlightenment. It is therefore essential to understand the difference between a 'Christian fundamentalist theocracy' (everything we do not want) and a secular European society based on our Christian cultural heritage (what we do want). So no, you don't need to have a personal relationship with God or Jesus to fight for our Christian cultural heritage. It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy (Christian holidays, Christmas and Easter)). The PCCTS, Knights Templar is therefore not a religious organisation [sic] but rather a Christian 'culturalist' military order."

Over and over again, Breivik goes out of his way to make clear to readers of his manifesto that he is not motivated by Christian faith.

"I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie," he says. "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment. In the past, I remember I used to think: 'Religion is a crutch for weak people. What is the point in believing in a higher power if you have confidence in yourself!? Pathetic.' Perhaps this is true for many cases. Religion is a crutch for many weak people, and many embrace religion for self-serving reasons as a source for drawing mental strength (to feed their weak emotional state [for] example during illness, death, poverty etc.). Since I am not a hypocrite, I'll say directly that this is my agenda as well. However, I have not yet felt the need to ask God for strength, yet."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian' Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian'
AC54ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 7:58am   #22
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 81.3%

Thanked 7,703 Times in 3,418 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC54ME View Post
Read more: Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian' Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian'
Looks like 'ole Joe just threw his normal grenade full of crap into the room and then took off. Pretty much par for the course from what I can tell.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 9:20am   #23
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 22,926 Times in 10,390 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Looks like 'ole Joe just threw his normal grenade full of crap into the room and then took off. Pretty much par for the course from what I can tell.
cowardly one could say. like one who would put another member on ignore list because he criticized his avatar.
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:04am   #24
RetiredSFC 97
Barn Stall Owner #63
Activity: 2.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $32270

Quote:
Like farting at the grocery store and walking away from the smell. Then taking a peek back to see who's holding their nose.

Not that I would know!
RetiredSFC 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:07am   #25
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 13,004 Times in 7,316 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
cowardly one could say. like one who would put another member on ignore list because he criticized his avatar.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:42am   #26
prospero63
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $700255

I'm not sure what's worse. What this guy did or the fact that you have people like Phil who derive such pleasure from human suffering. Progressive indeed.
prospero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prospero63 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 12:57pm   #27
CuzzinJack
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1640

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
A Christian bashing thread from the resident Jew/Christian hater. I'm shocked. Next thing you'll tell me is Amy Winehouse is dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero63 View Post
I'm not sure what's worse. What this guy did or the fact that you have people like Phil who derive such pleasure from human suffering. Progressive indeed.
Your interpretation of the OP says volumes about you . Other anti -muslim propaganda posters in this thread fall into the same category .

The original poster merely questions the double standards of some people . Nobody has seriously answered . He made no statement regarding his stance about the killings .

As usual when people are forced , or asked , to leave their 'comfort zone' they have chosen to bash the author/originator rather than think ..
CuzzinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 2:01pm   #28
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzzinJack View Post
What a crock of chit ..

Nowhere in your quotes do i read anything about pro-active aggression toward non believers .
Do you not know the difference between offence and defence?

Defense indeed.

18 April 1983 - 1983 United States embassy bombing 63 killed, 120 wounded.

23 October 1983 - 1983 Beirut barracks bombing 305 killed, 75 wounded.

26 February 1993 – World Trade Center bombing, New York City. 6 killed.

13 March 1993 – 1993 Bombay bombings. Mumbai, India. 250 dead, 700 injured.

28 July 1994 – Buenos Aires, Argentina. Vehicle suicide bombing attack against AMIA building, the local Jewish community representation. 85 dead, more than 300 injured.

24 December 1994 – Air France Flight 8969 hijacking in Algiers by 3 members of Armed Islamic Group of Algeria and another terrorist. 7 killed including 4 hijackers.

25 June 1996 – Khobar Towers bombing, 20 killed, 372 wounded.

17 November 1997 – Luxor attack, 6 armed Islamic terrorists attack tourists at Egypts famous Luxor Ruins. 68 foreign tourists killed.

14 February 1998 – Bombing in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. 13 bombs explode within a 12 km radius. 46 killed and over 200 injured.

7 August 1998 – 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured.

4 September 1999 – A series of bombing attacks in several cities of Russia, nearly 300 killed.

12 October 2000 – Attack on the USS cole in the Yemeni port of Aden.

11 September 2001 – 4 planes hijacked and crashed into World Trade Center and The Pentagon by 19 hijackers. Nearly 3000 dead.

13 December 2001 – Suicide attack on Indian parliament in New Delhi by Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist organizations, Jaish-E-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Toiba. Aimed at eliminating the top leadership of India and causing anarchy in the country. 7 dead, 12 injured.

27 March 2002 – Suicide bomb attack on a Passover Seder in a Hotel in Netanya, Israel. 30 dead, 133 injured.

30 March 2002 and 24 November 2002 - Attacks on the Hindu Raghunath temple, India. Total 25 dead.

7 May 2002 – Bombing in al-Arbaa, Algeria. 49 dead, 117 injured.

24 September 2002 – Machine Gun attack on Hindu temple in Ahmedabad, India. 31 dead, 86 injured.

12 October 2002 – Bombing in Bali nightclub. 202 killed, 300 injured.

23 October 2002 - 2002 Moscow theater hostage crisis; Some 40 to 50 Islamist militant separatist seized a crowded Moscow theater taking 850 hostages. 170 killed, 700 injured.

16 May 2003 – Casablanca Attacks – 4 simultaneous attacks in Casablanca killing 33 civilians (mostly Moroccans) carried by Salafia Jihadia.

11 March 2004 – Multiple bombings on trains near Madrid, Spain. 191 killed, 1460 injured (alleged link to Al-Qaeda).

1 September 2004 - Beslan school hostage crisis, approximately 344 civilians including 186 children killed.

2 November 2004 – The murder of Theo van Gogh (film director) by Amsterdam-born jihadist Mohammed Bouyeri.

4 February 2005 – Muslim terrorists attacked the Christian community in Demsa, Nigeria, killing 36 people, destroying property and displacing an additional 3000 people.

5 July 2005 - Attack at the Hindu Ram temple at Ayodhya, India; one of the most holy sites of Hinduism. 6 dead.

7 July 2005 – Multiple bombings in London Underground. 53 killed by four suicide bombers. Nearly 700 injured.

23 July 2005 – Bomb attacks at Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city, at least 64 people killed.

29 October 2005 – 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings, India. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus, just 2 days before the Diwali festival.

9 November 2005 – 2005 Amman bombings. a series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Over 60 killed and 115 injured. Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.

7 March 2006 – 2006 Varanasi bombings, India. A series of attacks in the Sankath Mochan Hanuman temple and Cantonment Railway Station in the Hindu holy city of Varanasi. 28 killed and over 100 injured.

11 July 2006 – 11 July 2006 Mumbai train bombings, Mumbai, India; a series of seven bomb blasts that took place over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai. 209 killed and over 700 injured.

30 June 2007 - 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack, Glasgow, Scotland; A car loaded with propane canisters was driven into the glass doors of the Glasgow International Airport terminal and set ablaze. 1 killed and 5 injured.

14 August 2007 – Qahtaniya bombings: Four suicide vehicle bombers massacred nearly 800 members of northern Iraq's Yazidi sect in the deadliest Iraq war's attack to date.

26 July 2008 – 2008 Ahmedabad bombings, India. Islamic terrorists detonate at least 21 explosive devices in the heart of this industrial capital, leaving at least 56 dead and 200 injured. A Muslim group calling itself the Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility. Indian authorities believe that extremists with ties to Pakistan and/or Bangladesh are likely responsible and are intent on inciting communal violence. Investigation by Indian police led to the eventual arrest of a number of terrorists suspected of carrying out the blasts, most of whom belong to a well-known terrorist group, The Students Islamic Movement of India.

13 September 2008 – Bombing series in Delhi, India. Pakistani extremist groups plant bombs at several places including India Gate, out of which the ones at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash explode leaving around 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by another attack two weeks later at the congested Mehrauli area, leaving 3 people dead.

26 November 2008 – Muslim extremists kill at least 174 people and wound numerous others in a series of coordinated attacks on India's largest city and financial capital, Mumbai. The government of India blamed Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba and stated that the terrorists killed/caught were citizens of Pakistan, a claim which the Pakistani government first refused but then accepted when given proof. Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists, was caught alive.

25 October 2009. Baghdad, Iraq. During a terrorist attack, two bomber vehicles detonated in the Green Zone, killing at least 155 people and injuring 520.

28 October 2009 – Peshawar, Pakistan. A car bomb is detonated in a woman exclusive shopping district, and over 110 killed and over 200 injured.

3 December 2009 – Mogadishu, Somalia. A male suicide bomber disguised as a woman detonates in a hotel meeting hall. The hotel was hosting a graduation ceremony for local medical students when the blast went off, killing four government ministers as well as other civilians.

1 January 2010 – Lakki Marwat, Pakistan. A suicide car bomber drove his explosive-laden vehicle into a volleyball pitch as people gathered to watch a match, killing more than 100 people.

14 February 2010 - Pune,Maharashtra,India. bomb blast ripped through the city's popular German Bakery, close to the Osho Ashram and diagonally across from the Jewish Chabad House killing 17 people and injuring 65.Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) claimed involvement of Pakistan based Lashkar-e-Taiba's (LeT).Police arrested Mirza Himayat Baig Inayat Baig,who allegedly heads Lashkar-e-Taiba's (LeT) module in the state.ATS has also arrested Bilal Baba Hussain Fareed Shaikh (27).In its chargesheet filed in a Pune court, the ATS has also named six other accused - all co-conspirator and absconding - Mohsin Choudhary, Yasin Bhatkal, Riyaz Bhatkal, Iqbal Bhatkal, Faiyaz Kagzi and Zabihuddin Ansari.

1 May 2010 - New York, New York, USA. Faisal Shahzad, an Islamic Pakistani American who received U.S. citizenship in December 2009, attempted to detonate a car bomb in Times Square working with the Pakistani Taliban or Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan.

28 May 2010 - Attacks on Ahmadi Mosques Lahore, Pakistan. Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan claimed attacks on two mosques simultaneously belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, killing nearly 100 and injuring many others

I'll be waiting for your list of religion based, terrorist attacks by Christians in that same time span.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 2:08pm   #29
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
Defense indeed.

28 July 1994 – Buenos Aires, Argentina. Vehicle suicide bombing attack against AMIA building, the local Jewish community representation. 85 dead, more than 300 injured.

24 December 1994 – Air France Flight 8969 hijacking in Algiers by 3 members of Armed Islamic Group of Algeria and another terrorist. 7 killed including 4 hijackers.

17 November 1997 – Luxor attack, 6 armed Islamic terrorists attack tourists at Egypts famous Luxor Ruins. 68 foreign tourists killed.

14 February 1998 – Bombing in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. 13 bombs explode within a 12 km radius. 46 killed and over 200 injured.

7 August 1998 – 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured.

4 September 1999 – A series of bombing attacks in several cities of Russia, nearly 300 killed.

11 September 2001 – 4 planes hijacked and crashed into World Trade Center and The Pentagon by 19 hijackers. Nearly 3000 dead.

13 December 2001 – Suicide attack on Indian parliament in New Delhi by Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist organizations, Jaish-E-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Toiba. Aimed at eliminating the top leadership of India and causing anarchy in the country. 7 dead, 12 injured.

27 March 2002 – Suicide bomb attack on a Passover Seder in a Hotel in Netanya, Israel. 30 dead, 133 injured.

30 March 2002 and 24 November 2002 - Attacks on the Hindu Raghunath temple, India. Total 25 dead.

24 September 2002 – Machine Gun attack on Hindu temple in Ahmedabad, India. 31 dead, 86 injured.

23 October 2002 - 2002 Moscow theater hostage crisis; Some 40 to 50 Islamist militant separatist seized a crowded Moscow theater taking 850 hostages. 170 killed, 700 injured.

16 May 2003 – Casablanca Attacks – 4 simultaneous attacks in Casablanca killing 33 civilians (mostly Moroccans) carried by Salafia Jihadia.

11 March 2004 – Multiple bombings on trains near Madrid, Spain. 191 killed, 1460 injured (alleged link to Al-Qaeda).

1 September 2004 - Beslan school hostage crisis, approximately 344 civilians including 186 children killed.

2 November 2004 – The murder of Theo van Gogh (film director) by Amsterdam-born jihadist Mohammed Bouyeri.

4 February 2005 – Muslim terrorists attacked the Christian community in Demsa, Nigeria, killing 36 people, destroying property and displacing an additional 3000 people.

5 July 2005 - Attack at the Hindu Ram temple at Ayodhya, India; one of the most holy sites of Hinduism. 6 dead.

7 July 2005 – Multiple bombings in London Underground. 53 killed by four suicide bombers. Nearly 700 injured.

23 July 2005 – Bomb attacks at Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city, at least 64 people killed.

29 October 2005 – 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings, India. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus, just 2 days before the Diwali festival.

9 November 2005 – 2005 Amman bombings. a series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Over 60 killed and 115 injured. Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.

7 March 2006 – 2006 Varanasi bombings, India. A series of attacks in the Sankath Mochan Hanuman temple and Cantonment Railway Station in the Hindu holy city of Varanasi. 28 killed and over 100 injured.

11 July 2006 – 11 July 2006 Mumbai train bombings, Mumbai, India; a series of seven bomb blasts that took place over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai. 209 killed and over 700 injured.

30 June 2007 - 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack, Glasgow, Scotland; A car loaded with propane canisters was driven into the glass doors of the Glasgow International Airport terminal and set ablaze. 1 killed and 5 injured.

14 August 2007 – Qahtaniya bombings: Four suicide vehicle bombers massacred nearly 800 members of northern Iraq's Yazidi sect in the deadliest Iraq war's attack to date.

26 July 2008 – 2008 Ahmedabad bombings, India. Islamic terrorists detonate at least 21 explosive devices in the heart of this industrial capital, leaving at least 56 dead and 200 injured. A Muslim group calling itself the Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility. Indian authorities believe that extremists with ties to Pakistan and/or Bangladesh are likely responsible and are intent on inciting communal violence. Investigation by Indian police led to the eventual arrest of a number of terrorists suspected of carrying out the blasts, most of whom belong to a well-known terrorist group, The Students Islamic Movement of India.

13 September 2008 – Bombing series in Delhi, India. Pakistani extremist groups plant bombs at several places including India Gate, out of which the ones at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash explode leaving around 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by another attack two weeks later at the congested Mehrauli area, leaving 3 people dead.

26 November 2008 – Muslim extremists kill at least 174 people and wound numerous others in a series of coordinated attacks on India's largest city and financial capital, Mumbai. The government of India blamed Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba and stated that the terrorists killed/caught were citizens of Pakistan, a claim which the Pakistani government first refused but then accepted when given proof. Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists, was caught alive.

25 October 2009. Baghdad, Iraq. During a terrorist attack, two bomber vehicles detonated in the Green Zone, killing at least 155 people and injuring 520.

28 October 2009 – Peshawar, Pakistan. A car bomb is detonated in a woman exclusive shopping district, and over 110 killed and over 200 injured.

3 December 2009 – Mogadishu, Somalia. A male suicide bomber disguised as a woman detonates in a hotel meeting hall. The hotel was hosting a graduation ceremony for local medical students when the blast went off, killing four government ministers as well as other civilians.

1 January 2010 – Lakki Marwat, Pakistan. A suicide car bomber drove his explosive-laden vehicle into a volleyball pitch as people gathered to watch a match, killing more than 100 people.

14 February 2010 - Pune,Maharashtra,India. bomb blast ripped through the city's popular German Bakery, close to the Osho Ashram and diagonally across from the Jewish Chabad House killing 17 people and injuring 65.Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) claimed involvement of Pakistan based Lashkar-e-Taiba's (LeT).Police arrested Mirza Himayat Baig Inayat Baig,who allegedly heads Lashkar-e-Taiba's (LeT) module in the state.ATS has also arrested Bilal Baba Hussain Fareed Shaikh (27).In its chargesheet filed in a Pune court, the ATS has also named six other accused - all co-conspirator and absconding - Mohsin Choudhary, Yasin Bhatkal, Riyaz Bhatkal, Iqbal Bhatkal, Faiyaz Kagzi and Zabihuddin Ansari.

1 May 2010 - New York, New York, USA. Faisal Shahzad, an Islamic Pakistani American who received U.S. citizenship in December 2009, attempted to detonate a car bomb in Times Square working with the Pakistani Taliban or Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan.

28 May 2010 - Attacks on Ahmadi Mosques Lahore, Pakistan. Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan claimed attacks on two mosques simultaneously belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, killing nearly 100 and injuring many others

I'll be waiting for your list of religion based, terrorist attacks by Christians in that same time span.
that's ^^^ gonna leave a mark
Old 07-25-2011, 2:59pm   #30
prospero63
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $700255

Quote:
Your interpretation of the OP says volumes about you .
Yes, it says I've known JC on various forums for 6+ years. Thanks for playing though.
prospero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 3:10pm   #31
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero63 View Post
Yes, it says I've known JC on various forums for 6+ years. Thanks for playing though.
OH!!! the irony
Old 07-25-2011, 5:56pm   #32
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 13,004 Times in 7,316 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Defense indeed.

Dear Cuzzin Jack:

You have been

BITCH SLAPPED !!!!

Pray tell... how does it feel?

Indulge yourself by trying to dig your way out. The entertainment value of your attempts should be epic, based on the degree of bitch-slapping you've just received.

Sincerely,
Sea Six

Last edited by Sea Six; 07-25-2011 at 6:21pm.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 6:01pm   #33
CuzzinJack
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Defense indeed.

Comprehension 101 .. You stated that the Quran and ''the entire Islam community'' teaches terrrorism ...Wrong ..

You have listed a bunch of atrocities you attribute to the Islamic faithful when i pointed out that the Quaran does not condone this ..I'll give you that some may have been commmited in defence of their faith / beliefs /way of life , but most were not done by truly religious people and were not ''religion based '' .. So why continue to paint with such a broad brush ?.

Would it be right for me to say the slaughter of millions of Iraqis, Afghanis , Syrians , Somalis , Libyans etc. is the product of the Christian western world ..? .No it wouldn't --- so quit with the fearmongering propaganda crap eh .

If you wish to continue in the same vein perhaps you could explain what you think of the Oslo murderer now that it is known that he is a staunch Zionist ...

The MSM was quick to call him a terrorist when it happened but now that he's a self confessed lover of Israel they call him a madman or lunatic ..Based on the 'logic' of your previous posts , you should label him a terrorist Jew ...

Old 07-25-2011, 6:05pm   #34
CuzzinJack
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Dear Cuzzin Jack:

You have been

BITCH SLAPPED !!!!

Pray tell... how does it feel?

Indulge yourself by trying to dig your way out. The entertainment value of your attempts should be epic, based on the degree of bitch-slapping you've just received.

Sincerely,
Sea Six
Feel free to eat your childish post whenever you like , but please don't choke on it ..
Old 07-25-2011, 6:38pm   #35
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Comprehension 101 .. You stated that the Quran and ''the entire Islam community'' teaches terrrorism ...Wrong ..
You are right. The word ENTIRE was incorrect. I should have not used a blanket statement. Everything else was spot on...

There is a large portion of Islam that teaches, condones, and embraces violence against all who oppose it. Please tell me you aren't going to deny that. No other major active religion teaches violence at even remotely close to the same levels as Islam. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

If it is not religion based... please answer me a simple question... why is it that the Muslim terrorists are so much more willing to commit suicide attacks than terrorists of any other religion?

Another simple question... if it is "fearmongering propaganda crap" please enlighten us as to why there is a completely disproportionate number of Muslim terrorists compared to every other religion in the World? I would love to hear your explanation of that little fact.

Quote:
Would it be right for me to say the slaughter of millions of Iraqis, Afghanis , Syrians , Somalis , Libyans etc. is the product of the Christian western world ..? .No it wouldn't --- so quit with the fearmongering propaganda crap eh
MILLIONS? Seriously? Are you saying that the Western presence in those places have "slaughtered" MILLIONS? GMAFB. What an absolutely ignorant ass comment. What makes it even MORE ignorant (if that's even possible) is that the majority of civilians in those countries have been killed by those who we oppose... not by us.

Unless of course you are including about the estimated 250,000 Shia Muslims, which is WAY more than have been killed due to US actions, who were killed by (other) Muslims BECAUSE OF RELIGION by Saddam's regime. Yea, nevermind that little tidbit.

Assuming that you actually had some clue as to what you were talking about and were referring to the US presence in those places, it is completely different because it is NOT BASED ON RELIGION. You can argue that it is based on legitimate reasons, oil, personal agendas, whatever... but NOBODY will argue that it is based on religion. The attacks by the Islamic terrorists are 100% based on religion. I'm not sure what part of that you can't seem to wrap your head around.

Are all Muslims terrorists? No. Does all of Islam condone, practice, or preach terrorism? No.

Are there exponentially more Muslim terrorists and is terrorism and violence taught and condoned exponentially more than any other religion in the modern World? Absolutely. I would love to hear you disagree with that.

Quote:
If you wish to continue in the same vein perhaps you could explain what you think of the Oslo murderer now that it is known that he is a staunch Zionist ...
You want to talk about the sick f*ck in Norway. If he indeed did have religion as his motive then he absolutely WAS a religious terrorist. I never said otherwise.

I'm also still waiting on your list of religious based terrorist attacks by Christians.

Old 07-25-2011, 8:54pm   #36
sanchez
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,474 Times in 666 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3810387

Dude, has the unabomber as a role model.... Was the unabomber a Christian terrorist?

Norway's mass murder and the Unabomber : Crime Scene

I know the unabomber liked tater tots and tripped his balls of at harvard. Didn't think he wa a big time christian though.
sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 5:56am   #37
Scissors
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $366874

His attacks weren't driven by his religion, but rather by his strongly conservative beliefs.

Almost everything he said or wrote I've heard spouted by a conservative here in the states. That doesn't mean most of them would ever go off and kill people because of it, but neither do most Muslims who might agree with the same beliefs as a Muslim terrorist.

So here's the question: if you agree with the beliefs of someone who kills others because of them, are you in the wrong simply for that reason?
Scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 6:50am   #38
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
So here's the question: if you agree with the beliefs of someone who kills others because of them, are you in the wrong simply for that reason?
...only if one of the beliefs that you have in common is that the killing in the name of those beliefs is justified.
Old 07-26-2011, 8:10am   #39
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
What a crock of chit ..

Nowhere in your quotes do i read anything about pro-active aggression toward non believers .
Do you not know the difference between offence and defence ?..
Just curious... how many of the multitude of RELIGION BASED terrorist attacks that I made reference to were defensive in nature?

Attacks resulting in the deaths of tens of thousands of non-combatants in the US, India, England, Scotland, Russia, Tanzania, Kenya, Argentina, etc, etc... Please enlighten me as to how those were defensive in nature.

You can't because they weren't.

Like any religious document, the Quran has many interpretations. There are MANY sects of Islam who interpret them as OFFENSIVE in nature. They attack and they kill based on religious beliefs at a rate that is infinitely higher than any other religion in the modern World.

I don't know about your interpretation but saying go find them and kill them seems pretty offensive to me.

Quote:
"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful," (Quran 9:5).

"O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination," (Quran 9:73).

"O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil)," (Quran 9:123).

"...the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease and the agitators in the city do not desist... wherever they are found they shall be seized and murdered, a (horrible) murdering. 62(Such has been) the course of Allah with respect to those who have gone before; and you shall not find any change in the course of Allah, (Quran 33:60-62).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fowler View Post
Show me the Christians dancing in the street celebrating his actions and I'll start being willing to make the comparison...
Exactly. Where are the people dancing in the streets on this one? You know damn well that had it been a Muslim killing "nonbelievers" that they would be out in force with their signs, burning flags, and shooting AKs into the air.
Old 07-26-2011, 9:59am   #40
RetiredSFC 97
Barn Stall Owner #63
Activity: 2.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $32270

what's cuz think about Christianity?
RetiredSFC 97 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion