Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2017, 8:34am   #201
Rob
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
Can't answer for Greenman, but my wife had to have a full NBI done before the USAF would recognize our marriage. In fact, we have THREE marriage contracts! We initially got married by a local "Justice of the Peace" just so we could be seen together in my wife's local province without causing an uproar for her family. We were married again a few days later in a standard church ceremony. We were wed for the last time 4 months later after her NBI was finally completed.

U.M.
My wife had to have NBI clearance before she could even get started on her paperwork to go to the US Embassy. The paperwork for her to come here took 6 months from start to finish + add in all the fees for processing.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 11:37am   #202
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
Greenman: Question. If you DO take on a Filipina wife, how will that affect your security clearance, and as a result, your job?
Much better than taken a Eastern European gf/wife. One guy at work married Filipino almost got fired due to not doing as requested/directed. I am in touch with my trusted Security Manager that I have known since 1988. Worse case, if they say no to my plans whatever they may be in the future then I may have to make a decision on possible wife or job. I am not at that point yet, waiting to see what happens.

Kinda sucks at my age I have to ask permission to meet/date someone if they are a foreigner. I know the rules so I can deal with it.
thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:41am   #203
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
If this is all true, your friend needs a better effing lawyer, because he's a fool.
True, when me and the X decided to divorce, I got the agreement done by both of us then went to a lawyer to make it legal, I got a good deal but the X doesn't know that.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:45am   #204
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Clark had a great ability, the making of wild stories.

Random stories:

A fella arrived at Clark from McConnell AFB, Kansas. At McConnell, fella was Airman of the Quarter and Airman of the Year for the entire base. The AOY is a competition with some very sharp folks. One has to meet multiple boards and have a well written package submitted by leadership. It's similar to a popularity contest, I suppose. Anyway, fella gets to Clark and is young and single. He begins doing things young and single guys do. However, he can't keep the needs of the Air Force met. The two sides collide and he begins to collect paperwork telling him he's not following AF standards. One thing leads to another and he gets a discharge. One the way out, he does a couple of things that said he really didn't care. One, at the time, the AF duty uniform was the old Olive Green fatigues. They would fade during laundry. So, fella decides since he has been busted to E1 and has no rank to wear, he'll get E9, Chief Master Sgt, stripes sewed on, wash the fatigues a few times, and then take the Chief stripes off. Officially he wore the correct rank according to AF standards. Yet, the dark part where the removed Chief stripes stood out like a sore thumb.
Two, he had an electric fan in his room he wanted to sell. He sold it with the condition of leaving it at their door the day he left. He left and there were three guys waiting for "their" fan.
Basically, fella left a F-U for everyone in his path.

Pops. Pops was a dude in jail on base. He was in jail because the AF had found Pops well after he went AWOL from Vietnam. Word was he couldn't be charged with desertion because he still had his ID card. People in jail were brought to the chow hall three times a day for their meals. So, there he was being walked through with others who are much younger than him. Sad ending for Pops. He had a heart attack and passed away while still in the Clark jail.

Our First Sergeant, aka Shirt. The Shirt's job is the go between for the Enlisted and the Commander. The Shirt also is the dude that hands out punishment. At the monthly Commanders Call, a meeting with everyone in the Squadron and the Commander, the Shirt always said don't drink and drive. This went on for a year or two. Then, the Security Police caught someone DUI. Yea.....the Shirt immediately put in his retirement paperwork.

I have many stories also, but focused in South Korea, crazy stuff happened all of the time while there in the 80's, mild compared to the PI tough.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:57am   #205
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Can't answer for Greenman, but my wife had to have a full NBI done before the USAF would recognize our marriage. In fact, we have THREE marriage contracts! We initially got married by a local "Justice of the Peace" just so we could be seen together in my wife's local province without causing an uproar for her family. We were married again a few days later in a standard church ceremony. We were wed for the last time 4 months later after her NBI was finally completed.

U.M.
Went through the same thing when I married South Korean now x-wife a long time ago. NBI will be done before I will be given permission to marry (if that is going to happen) to possible new wife. Last time they said it would take 30 days, 3 months later not done and I gave them my marriage date. They said I could not marry until approved, I gave them the marriage date again and told them they would have to debrief me before the marriage date, they didn't like that for some reason but they got their shit together just before I got married I was approved.

This time, if I decide to take this path again, I can do an early retirement next year and do anything I want, with or without permission.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:11pm   #206
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixievet View Post
My wife had to have NBI clearance before she could even get started on her paperwork to go to the US Embassy. The paperwork for her to come here took 6 months from start to finish + add in all the fees for processing.
I will be in the same boat, until NBI is done I could not start anything. I am lucky, by buddy can speed up the process if I decide to go this route, he has been briefed on possible plans.

Since her Mother will be meeting me also at the airport and spending a couple of days with me, I can collect both of their information in the first two days of meeting them. I let it be known it will be a job requirement for me to get the important information as a job requirement before we can move forward and I was told no problem.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:23pm   #207
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenman View Post
I have many stories also, but focused in South Korea, crazy stuff happened all of the time while there in the 80's, mild compared to the PI tough.
I've heard some Korea stories that were just as wild.

More Clark...

How do you tell when a big TDY happened? Plenty of wives were downtown in the clubs.

An SP committed suicide. The reason? He caught the girl from the club with another dude. He saw them at the club. How did he commit suicide? He went to the front door, struggled with the armed door guard, and shot himself there. More, he left a young wife and kid.

An OSI agent broke his arm. How? He fell from the rafters in one of the big warehouses in Base Supply. What was he doing there? Observation on someone, many, or maybe he just wanted to climb.

One day a new SSgt showed up at Base Supply. He starts making friends with everyone. He's soon noticed by his leadership as wearing a sloppy looking uniform. Paperwork is produced and the member is officially on notice to look better. The SSgt continues to show up to work looking sloppy. More paperwork is produced and the Shirt gets involved. Soon, his leadership is told not to worry about his look. The SSgt continues to make friends and hang out.
One day a formation is held for all the folks working in the warehouses. The SPs also show up with a bus. The sloppy looking SSgt shows up in sloppy looking blues and wearing the rank of Major. He walks through the formation pointing out folks. Those folks are then "asked" to board the bus.
And that was the beginning of the end of the Iranian F-4 parts supply pipeline.

*Note - This is a second hand story from one of the guys in formation and before I got there. No, he wasn't involved with the thefts. He retired back in mid-2k. Yes, we still keep in contact.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:42pm   #208
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
I've heard some Korea stories that were just as wild.

More Clark...

How do you tell when a big TDY happened? Plenty of wives were downtown in the clubs.

An SP committed suicide. The reason? He caught the girl from the club with another dude. He saw them at the club. How did he commit suicide? He went to the front door, struggled with the armed door guard, and shot himself there. More, he left a young wife and kid.

An OSI agent broke his arm. How? He fell from the rafters in one of the big warehouses in Base Supply. What was he doing there? Observation on someone, many, or maybe he just wanted to climb.

One day a new SSgt showed up at Base Supply. He starts making friends with everyone. He's soon noticed by his leadership as wearing a sloppy looking uniform. Paperwork is produced and the member is officially on notice to look better. The SSgt continues to show up to work looking sloppy. More paperwork is produced and the Shirt gets involved. Soon, his leadership is told not to worry about his look. The SSgt continues to make friends and hang out.
One day a formation is held for all the folks working in the warehouses. The SPs also show up with a bus. The sloppy looking SSgt shows up in sloppy looking blues and wearing the rank of Major. He walks through the formation pointing out folks. Those folks are then "asked" to board the bus.
And that was the beginning of the end of the Iranian F-4 parts supply pipeline.

*Note - This is a second hand story from one of the guys in formation and before I got there. No, he wasn't involved with the thefts. He retired back in mid-2k. Yes, we still keep in contact.
The big TDY thing still happens, overseas and stateside.

All kinds of crazy stores of guys getting a little ***** freaking out whether first time or really good stuff, I have had to counsel more than one Airman.

I have had to deal with suicides also, some just did not make any sense, but I guess none of them really makes sense.

OSI dudes sometime funny dudes, they fall for the glamour BS to find out there is no glamour as an agent. Worked with some only as they didn't have shit for budget but still had a job to do, as a Comm guy I tried to help, ended up being a trusted agent.

Worked with guys stateside, hard core bible thumpers with devoted family in the states come overseas for a few months and lose their freaking minds. I saved a few families but some were to devoted on destruction to save.

The foreign part supply still happens but not as often. DRMO now can not sell certain parts to anyone anymore.
Old 05-15-2017, 1:11pm   #209
Uncle Meat
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,469 Times in 548 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $92626

Speaking of stories from Clark AB.... Anyone remember the smuggling tunnel they found just before the new commissary on Clark was opened for business?

Anyone remember when the base Airman's club (Coconut Grove) would bring in girls from off base to dance semi-nude at lunch time?

U.M.
Uncle Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 2:16pm   #210
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.

Quote:
The big TDY thing still happens, overseas and stateside.

All kinds of crazy stores of guys getting a little ***** freaking out whether first time or really good stuff, I have had to counsel more than one Airman.

I have had to deal with suicides also, some just did not make any sense, but I guess none of them really makes sense.

OSI dudes sometime funny dudes, they fall for the glamour BS to find out there is no glamour as an agent. Worked with some only as they didn't have shit for budget but still had a job to do, as a Comm guy I tried to help, ended up being a trusted agent.

Worked with guys stateside, hard core bible thumpers with devoted family in the states come overseas for a few months and lose their freaking minds. I saved a few families but some were to devoted on destruction to save.

The foreign part supply still happens but not as often. DRMO now can not sell certain parts to anyone anymore.
People will get themselves into crazy situations. Why? Who knows. Maybe they're bored with their life or maybe they just they're just repressed as hell, see Mormon, and see an outlet for their freak side. I've also seen attempted suicides. One really sticks out since he was a TSgt that tried to cover a lie with another lie and another and another....

He got a discharge and now works at the same base in H-R. Go figure.
Old 05-15-2017, 2:19pm   #211
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Quote:
Speaking of stories from Clark AB.... Anyone remember the smuggling tunnel they found just before the new commissary on Clark was opened for business?

Anyone remember when the base Airman's club (Coconut Grove) would bring in girls from off base to dance semi-nude at lunch time?

U.M.
Yep, I've heard both of those. I have no doubt they could be true. One of my favorites; the OSI agent in a shoot out at Friendship Gate with thieves from the Commissary. Evidently, those were prized steaks.

Side note: Dancing girls used to be brought on base in Utah at Hill. It ended when a Chaplain got a free shot of boobies.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:44am   #212
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Yep, I've heard both of those. I have no doubt they could be true. One of my favorites; the OSI agent in a shoot out at Friendship Gate with thieves from the Commissary. Evidently, those were prized steaks.

Side note: Dancing girls used to be brought on base in Utah at Hill. It ended when a Chaplain got a free shot of boobies.
Osan had a special haircut service that ended with a Chaplin interaction.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:03am   #213
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Quote:
Osan had a special haircut service that ended with a Chaplin interaction.
Folks talked of the "Steam and Cream". Is that the one?
Old 05-22-2017, 7:01am   #214
ASTROCREEP
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2997248

Did he land in Manila yet? Details we need details.
ASTROCREEP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASTROCREEP For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 8:14am   #215
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 1:06pm   #216
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Folks talked of the "Steam and Cream". Is that the one?
Yes, that was it.
Old 05-22-2017, 1:11pm   #217
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Update, girl I have been chatting with needed money, I said no so at the last minute she said not to come to see her, plan A is now officially done.

Plan B is now in action, I am still going to the Philippines but I will be hanging out at the malls and other public places to see what happens. A couple of pretty girls might be making the trip to see me in Makita. Plenty of places I want to see while in the Philippines so all is cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to thegreenman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 1:16pm   #218
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Well, at least you found out about her now rather than later. Enjoy Plan B. LOTS of fish in the sea !!
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 1:18pm   #219
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Well, at least you found out about her now rather than later. Enjoy Plan B. LOTS of fish in the sea !!
Thanks, I am lucky not to have it dragged out, I am sure i will still have fun in the Philippines, some sites I want to visit and hoping to find someone soon to hang out with me.
Old 05-22-2017, 2:53pm   #220
theriver
A Real Barner
Activity: 3.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $212968

Glad you found out about the whore now. You saved lots of heartache and $$$.
NEXT!
theriver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theriver For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic