Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion

C6 Open Discussion General and technical C6 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2012, 8:05pm   #1
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878
Default My dyno tune results

Since my last tune, I upgraded my TVS1900 to a TVS2300, installed a LS9 cam and a ported throttle body. I didn’t think removing the TVS1900 and installing the TVS2300 would make a difference to the drivability, but it did. The injector setup was so different it would just barely start.

I got Ed (edcmat-l1) to dyno tune my TVS2300 setup, he asked a lot of questions about what I wanted for drivability and he hit it on the mark. I was surprised about the outcome and wanted to share with others.

I thought my cam and throttle body was causing the hard starts, I don’t know what he did but Ed fixed that problem, starts right up and idles great now.

The RPM’s climb quick and smooth and shifting through the A6 gears is nice and quick.

The Alky Control is shooting meth only when I am coming down on it hard. Ed tweaked it to come on as I requested, it is just a safety mechanism to hopefully help protect my engine.

5th gear on the highway seems usable now. Before in 5th I would down have shift down to 4th to accelerate but now I can gently press on the gas pedal in 5th and pass traffic.

I had knock issues when warmed up, only at certain RPMs and under heavy load on the engine, I told Ed about this and it is no longer knocking.

At times when highway cruising, when I would apply moderate gas and I would get some slippage in 3rd and 4th, I mentioned this to Ed, it also is gone.

Shifting seems quicker, I can feel the transmission engaging much more firmer than it was doing before, some people might not like the firmness but it felt like it took forever to engage before this adjustment, Ed asked me how I wanted to shift.

I am able to take off in second now (A^). I haven’t been able to do this for a long time, it would clunk when I took off in second but is good now. I didn’t even mention this as an issue with Ed, I assumed it was just the way it was, and nothing could be done about it.

The biggest surprise for me, the coolant is running 20 degrees cooler than it was, I have no idea why but I am guessing my mods was dumping extra fuel and made the engine run hotter. If this is the case I am guessing my MPG should also be better not that I have tracked it before.

The bad news, my SC belt was spinning at WOT and I need to upgrade the belt system, I have a Lingenfelter 10 rib kit on order. No WOT runs or dyno numbers until after the kit gets installed.

Needless to say I am very impressed with the tune, anyone luck enough to get Ed to dyno tune their ride will not be disappointed.
thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thegreenman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2012, 7:29pm   #2
wwomanC6
Charter Member
C6 Modulator
Barn Stall Owner #27

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 51.5%

Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,385 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100108568

When was the tune done? Recently? Sounds like you will be set to give anyone on the track a good run and hard to beat!

wwomanC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 7:34pm   #3
Vette Jockey
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $460853

Vette Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 8:01pm   #4
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwomanC6 View Post
When was the tune done? Recently? Sounds like you will be set to give anyone on the track a good run and hard to beat!

Ed finished the tune on Dec 31, I need to take it back to him after I upgrade to the 10-rib belt system, I plan on upgrading it in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I can get a video of the dyno run then I can post.

I like to go to the track and play a little, but I need a trailer before I take it, I want to be sure I can get home when I break something.
Old 01-10-2012, 8:14pm   #5
edcmat-l1
Charter Member - Vendor
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1080

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. Your car is definitely one of my all time favorites. It is just a really, really cool ride.

I'm anxious to get the belt slip fixed and see what kind of power it makes.

Hope to see you soon. It's always a pleasure working with you.
edcmat-l1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 9:09pm   #6
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
Thanks for the kind words Jeff. Your car is definitely one of my all time favorites. It is just a really, really cool ride.

I'm anxious to get the belt slip fixed and see what kind of power it makes.

Hope to see you soon. It's always a pleasure working with you.
I should get the 10-rib kit next week or so and then my next break I will start the tear down. I am curious what numbers I will be putting down, regardless it is a lot of fun to drive thanks to you.

See you soon.

The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion