Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2011, 6:54am   #881
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36
Points: 10,180, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
 
nhra_ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dow, IL
Posts: 1,513
Thanks: 229
Thanked 270 Times in 217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasnglass77 View Post
How far is that from where you are now??
I couldn't really understand the note...looked like I wrote it, thinking faster than I can type
From where we live now it's probably about 1 1/2 hrs drive. From work, though, it would be right at an hour.
nhra_ta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nhra_ta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 6:58am   #882
sasnglass77
Barn Raising III
Points: 28,637, Level: 100
Activity: 1.4%
 
sasnglass77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Driving the ISCREAM bus.
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 1,878
Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,832 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $115270688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_ta View Post
From where we live now it's probably about 1 1/2 hrs drive. From work, though, it would be right at an hour.
That's very doable!!!

Buzzy will be doing a private pony ride this spring It will be the first time since I've had him, that someone other than family will be on his back, and I'll be walking him on a lead line. I know he will be fine and do a good job. I'm going to let someone I know put their son on his back
sasnglass77 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sasnglass77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 6:59am   #883
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36
Points: 10,180, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
 
nhra_ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dow, IL
Posts: 1,513
Thanks: 229
Thanked 270 Times in 217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasnglass77 View Post
Yes, I did that would be sticker shock

What kind of saddle would you be looking at?
I would need a western and a flat seat. If I ever did actually get back into horses, Frank (my mentor) has the horses and tack he'd be more than happy to deliver to me, lol!! All I need is a place to keep one.
nhra_ta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nhra_ta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:02am   #884
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36
Points: 10,180, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
 
nhra_ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dow, IL
Posts: 1,513
Thanks: 229
Thanked 270 Times in 217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasnglass77 View Post
That's very doable!!!

Buzzy will be doing a private pony ride this spring It will be the first time since I've had him, that someone other than family will be on his back, and I'll be walking him on a lead line. I know he will be fine and do a good job. I'm going to let someone I know put their son on his back
Definitely doable!

The pony ride will be a lot of fun. Buzzy will probably be in heaven with all the attention. I did things like that all the time when I had my horses. The kids just love it.
nhra_ta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nhra_ta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:03am   #885
sasnglass77
Barn Raising III
Points: 28,637, Level: 100
Activity: 1.4%
 
sasnglass77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Driving the ISCREAM bus.
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 1,878
Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,832 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $115270688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_ta View Post
I would need a western and a flat seat. If I ever did actually get back into horses, Frank (my mentor) has the horses and tack he'd be more than happy to deliver to me, lol!! All I need is a place to keep one.
The new synthetic/lightweight ones are really nice. Don't have to lug the saddle and swing it over the horse, might be easier on your back too
sasnglass77 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sasnglass77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:05am   #886
sasnglass77
Barn Raising III
Points: 28,637, Level: 100
Activity: 1.4%
 
sasnglass77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Driving the ISCREAM bus.
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 1,878
Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,832 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $115270688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_ta View Post
Definitely doable!

The pony ride will be a lot of fun. Buzzy will probably be in heaven with all the attention. I did things like that all the time when I had my horses. The kids just love it.
And he's has the sweetest disposition, and I know he won't bolt or do anything that would scare a child. He walks at my shoulder, I stop he stops and looks to me to start again.
sasnglass77 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sasnglass77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:06am   #887
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36
Points: 10,180, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
 
nhra_ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dow, IL
Posts: 1,513
Thanks: 229
Thanked 270 Times in 217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasnglass77 View Post
The new synthetic/lightweight ones are really nice. Don't have to lug the saddle and swing it over the horse, might be easier on your back too
I would definitely have to check one out. That would be good for a daily saddle. I could always just get a bareback pad, too. I don't even know if they still make those.
nhra_ta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nhra_ta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:08am   #888
sasnglass77
Barn Raising III
Points: 28,637, Level: 100
Activity: 1.4%
 
sasnglass77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Driving the ISCREAM bus.
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 1,878
Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,832 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $115270688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_ta View Post
I would definitely have to check one out. That would be good for a daily saddle. I could always just get a bareback pad, too. I don't even know if they still make those.
yes they do, but I don't use one...just hop on his back. But then again it is just at a walk.
sasnglass77 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sasnglass77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:08am   #889
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36
Points: 10,180, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
 
nhra_ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dow, IL
Posts: 1,513
Thanks: 229
Thanked 270 Times in 217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasnglass77 View Post
And he's has the sweetest disposition, and I know he won't bolt or do anything that would scare a child. He walks at my shoulder, I stop he stops and looks to me to start again.
He's such a good boy. They know when they have kids on their back, too. The stallion I rode years ago could be a real snot but as soon as a kid was put on his back, he'd be as meek as a lamb.
nhra_ta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nhra_ta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:08am   #890
khblair
Barn Stall Owner #57
Points: 22,234, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
khblair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The original point & click interface was a Smith & Wesson
Posts: 8,264
Thanks: 546
Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,206 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8632322
Default

have a good day ladies
khblair is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to khblair For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:12am   #891
sasnglass77
Barn Raising III
Points: 28,637, Level: 100
Activity: 1.4%
 
sasnglass77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Driving the ISCREAM bus.
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 1,878
Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,832 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $115270688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khblair View Post
have a good day ladies
You too Kim

Dawn,
Stateline and horse.com sells the lightweight saddles....I think you need to bring Darrin to a few horse shows
sasnglass77 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sasnglass77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:13am   #892
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36
Points: 10,180, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
 
nhra_ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dow, IL
Posts: 1,513
Thanks: 229
Thanked 270 Times in 217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasnglass77 View Post
yes they do, but I don't use one...just hop on his back. But then again it is just at a walk.
I didn't even own a saddle for years. It's hard to ride a Walker bareback, though. At least the ones I ride are. They are very sensitive to leg pressure. You kind of have to push them out with your legs and pull back with the reigns to get them to set up on the bit and work off their back end then you kind of balance with the stirrups.
nhra_ta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nhra_ta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:14am   #893
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36
Points: 10,180, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
 
nhra_ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dow, IL
Posts: 1,513
Thanks: 229
Thanked 270 Times in 217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khblair View Post
have a good day ladies
You too Kim!
nhra_ta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nhra_ta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:19am   #894
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36
Points: 10,180, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
 
nhra_ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dow, IL
Posts: 1,513
Thanks: 229
Thanked 270 Times in 217 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasnglass77 View Post
You too Kim

Dawn,
Stateline and horse.com sells the lightweight saddles....I think you need to bring Darrin to a few horse shows
Oh, I plan to!! Actually, I'm thinking about talking to Frank and Becky about going to a couple of the local shows this summer. I want to start riding again at least a couple of days a week and maybe riding in the show myself.
nhra_ta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nhra_ta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:22am   #895
Doug28450
A Real Barner
Points: 15,769, Level: 86
Activity: 2.3%
 
Doug28450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Passby/Flyover State
Posts: 4,714
Thanks: 199
Thanked 951 Times in 648 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1126385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_ta View Post
I love, love, love that place!! The only thing that bothers me is the 33 acres next to it that's also for sale. I'm afraid a developer would buy that and put a subdivision in next door.
Thanks for the tip.
Doug28450 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Doug28450 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:23am   #896
thkauffman
Barn Stall Owner #31
Points: 8,873, Level: 65
Activity: 0%
 
thkauffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,825
Thanks: 108
Thanked 602 Times in 489 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $73231
Default

Morning.
thkauffman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to thkauffman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:26am   #897
Doug28450
A Real Barner
Points: 15,769, Level: 86
Activity: 2.3%
 
Doug28450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Passby/Flyover State
Posts: 4,714
Thanks: 199
Thanked 951 Times in 648 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1126385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkauffman View Post
Morning.
Doug28450 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Doug28450 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:30am   #898
thkauffman
Barn Stall Owner #31
Points: 8,873, Level: 65
Activity: 0%
 
thkauffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,825
Thanks: 108
Thanked 602 Times in 489 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $73231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug28450 View Post
Hey.
thkauffman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to thkauffman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:31am   #899
sasnglass77
Barn Raising III
Points: 28,637, Level: 100
Activity: 1.4%
 
sasnglass77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Driving the ISCREAM bus.
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 1,878
Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,832 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $115270688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_ta View Post
I didn't even own a saddle for years. It's hard to ride a Walker bareback, though. At least the ones I ride are. They are very sensitive to leg pressure. You kind of have to push them out with your legs and pull back with the reigns to get them to set up on the bit and work off their back end then you kind of balance with the stirrups.
Buzzy is a standardbred and not too sensitive, he can be work to ride when he wants to be. I forgot about their gaits . Just before you get back in the saddle...make sure the Dr. says its ok, don't want you to mess your back up worse than it is!
sasnglass77 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sasnglass77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 7:32am   #900
Doug28450
A Real Barner
Points: 15,769, Level: 86
Activity: 2.3%
 
Doug28450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Passby/Flyover State
Posts: 4,714
Thanks: 199
Thanked 951 Times in 648 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1126385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkauffman View Post
Hey.
wut?
Doug28450 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Doug28450 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:16pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page