Old 01-05-2017, 7:46am   #1
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,069 Times in 17,075 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Default Meet the Newest Winner of the Dept of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article...ewell-ceremony

Quote:
Defense Leaders Salute Obama at Armed Forces Farewell Ceremony

By Lisa Ferdinando DoD News, Defense Media Activity
PRINT | E-MAIL | CONTACT AUTHOR

WASHINGTON, Jan. 4, 2017 — Defense leaders hailed the commitment and accomplishments of departing commander in chief President Barack Obama in a formal military ceremony as he closes out his presidency.
Departing commander in chief, President Barack Obama, salutes the troops during an armed forces full honor farewell ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va., Jan. 4, 2017. Service members from across the services took part in the event, which included Defense Secretary Ash Carter and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps Gen. Joe Dunford. Senior defense leaders thanked Obama for his accomplishments over the past eight years in protecting the nation and supporting the military. Army photo by Pvt. Gabriel A. Silva
Departing commander in chief, President Barack Obama, salutes the troops during an armed forces full honor farewell ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va., Jan. 4, 2017. Service members from across the services took part in the event, which included Defense Secretary Ash Carter and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps Gen. Joe Dunford. Senior defense leaders thanked Obama for his accomplishments over the past eight years in protecting the nation and supporting the military. Army photo by Pvt. Gabriel A. Silva

Defense Secretary Ash Carter and Marine Corps Gen. Joe Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, hosted the armed forces full honor review farewell ceremony today at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Virginia. Vice President Joe Biden was a guest of honor.

"I can stand before you today and say that there has been no greater privilege and no greater honor, than serving as commander in chief of the greatest military in the history of the world," Obama said.

Carter and Dunford thanked Obama for his commitment to the troops and lauded his strategic leadership and decisions that protected the nation and strengthened the force.

"Through it all, President Obama has led our military with an appreciation that America's defense is so vital that we, to whom it is entrusted, must ensure its continuity and excellence across the years and across the domains of armed conflict," Carter said.

In the fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, the president consistently supported the development and acceleration of the coalition military campaign plan, the secretary said.

That effort, Carter said, is "focused on destroying the fact and the idea of an Islamic state based on this evil ideology in Iraq and Syria, countering the ISIL cancer's metastases everywhere they emerge."

Obama directed eight years of "unrelenting strikes on al-Qaida to devastate that terrorist organization both before and after bringing Osama bin Laden to justice," Carter said.

Obama has built a counterterrorism apparatus that has thwarted "countless plots" against the homeland, according to Carter. The president, Carter said, did all this consistent with the values of the United States.

"Our president knows, as he's put it, that we lose ourselves when we compromise the very ideals we fight to defend," the secretary said.

Other notable achievements as listed by Carter include the rebalance to the Asia-Pacific region, standing with NATO allies to lead a united response to deter Russian aggression, and securing an accord that is preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

'You've Always Been There for Us'

Dunford, the highest-ranking U.S. military officer, noted the United States has been at war throughout Obama's presidency.

"That's a period longer than any other American president," the general said. "And throughout those years, you've always been there for us."

Dunford said the president visited deployed troops around the world, spent time with wounded warriors, traveled to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to receive the remains of the fallen and visited the fallen at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.

Military members have selflessly served and sacrificed around the world, as they protected the nation in the best fighting force in the world, Obama said.

Through their service and sacrifice over years of continuous conflict, they have earned their place among the greatest generations, the president said.

"Because of you, our alliances are stronger, from Europe to the Asia-Pacific," Obama said. "Because of you we surged in Afghanistan, trained Afghan forces to defend their country, while bringing most of our troops home."

Now U.S. forces serve in Afghanistan on a more limited mission, Obama said, "because we must never again allow Afghanistan to be used for safe haven in attacks against our nation."

The president praised U.S. military members, including Special Operations members, for decimating al-Qaida’s core leadership.

“Countless terrorist leaders, including Osama bin Laden are gone,” Obama said. “From South Asia to Africa, we have forged partnerships to go after terrorists that threaten us.”

Also, ISIL terrorists “have lost about half of their territory,” Obama said. “They are losing their leaders, towns and cities are being liberated.”

The president said has no doubt that ISIL “will be destroyed” due to the efforts of the U.S. and its coalition partners.

Women can now serve in military combat roles, Obama said. In addition, service members do not have to hide who they are to serve the country they love.

During the ceremony, the president reviewed the troops from the five military branches, and received from Carter the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service. The event featured a 21-gun salute, and music from the U.S. Army Band “Pershing’s Own” and the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps.

Earlier today, Obama expressed his gratitude for the counsel of the defense leaders and the work of the men and women of the military, as he met at the White House with Carter and Dunford, as well as the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, and the combatant commanders.
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 7:53am   #2
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 12,523 Times in 5,847 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

I can't tell you how many retired or Ex Military have told me they look forward to Obama being out of office.
VITE1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 8:04am   #3
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $619461

That is a nauseating display of political azz kissing. It makes me want to throw up.
Shrike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shrike6 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 8:09am   #4
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

Quote:
The event featured a 21-gun salute
I guess they skipped the order to aim. Obama is still breathing.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OddBall For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 8:23am   #5
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.3%

Thanked 8,642 Times in 2,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

What exactly was anyone expecting? Take it for what it is, and be glad the idiot will be gone in a few more days.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 8:33am   #6
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,069 Times in 17,075 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Previous winners:

George W. Bush
Ashton Carter[4]
Bill Clinton
Kristin Krohn Devold
Steven Spielberg
Henry Kissinger
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 8:49am   #7
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
I can't tell you how many retired or Ex Military have told me they look forward to Obama being out of office.
James, me, a list of folks we know...

Also...

"That effort, Carter said, is "focused on destroying the fact and the idea of an Islamic state based on this evil ideology in Iraq and Syria, countering the ISIL cancer's metastases everywhere they emerge."

Just yesterday, I read the Russians, after cleaning out ISIL bad guys, found weapons and bombs in storage with "Made in the US" markings inside Aleppo. The Russians planted those, right? It's always those damn Russians messing around, right?
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 9:16am   #8
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 12,523 Times in 5,847 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post

Also...

"That effort, Carter said, is "focused on destroying the fact and the idea of an Islamic state based on this evil ideology in Iraq and Syria, countering the ISIL cancer's metastases everywhere they emerge."

Just yesterday, I read the Russians, after cleaning out ISIL bad guys, found weapons and bombs in storage with "Made in the US" markings inside Aleppo. The Russians planted those, right? It's always those damn Russians messing around, right?

At the same time lowering qualification standards for the front line troops just so these liberal twits could push thier agenda VS defend our country.
VITE1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VITE1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 10:29am   #9
Uncle Meat
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,469 Times in 548 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $92626

Did you see the ceremony and all the empty seats? They couldn't even draw a rent-a-crowd for him. Pathetic.

U.M.
Uncle Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:53am   #10
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.5%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,801 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

That's as phucked up as the Nobel the POS got just because he was black.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 11:07am   #11
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,534 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655
Default Imma Let You Finish, but....

Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 12:49pm   #12
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post

Also...

They did. 99% of all the anti-Russia, Russia hacked the election, Putin is a monster lately is simply this. Obama and Clinton and McCain had a plan to get rid of Mubarak, Qaddafi, Assad, and some others in their "Arab Spring" fiasco. Supported the Muslim Brotherhood candicate Morsi and ensured he got elected (he's gone now, Obama hates that.) They oopsied in Libya and sorta armed to the teeth terrorists who turned out to be al Qaeda. Then McCain went to Syria to get "Syrian Rebels" who would overthrow Assad. Arms were passed to them through Qatar, and these "rebels" were just the Muslim Brotherhood front for what became ISIS.

When ISIS started growing, Obama was fine with it because hey, he just wanted Assad gone. At one point he ordered an airstrike on Syrian army forces who were about to seriously destroy a large number of his precious "rebels" (aka head choppers) and killed over 80 Syrian army dudes to stop that. So we literally killed Syrians to save ISIS fighters. Sooo, when Putin was asked to help Assad, their ally, to get rid of these pesky rebels, Putin said Da and ruined Obama's and McCain's plans. And now, in a pique, they are lashing out like wounded animals. And yes, many American weapons were found in huge caches in Aleppo, and yes the residents there celebrated when Barry's ISIS buds finally left, and oh a bunch of American sarin gas was found...
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 4:40pm   #13
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 11,493 Times in 5,018 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Here's one! He is probably the WORST thing that ever happened to the military. The .mil is now just one big PC cesspool and social experiment. Somehow, that dipstick forgot that the military's job is to break shit and kill people. I would rather have eaten a giant shit sandwich than be voluntold to stand in any kind of formation honoring him.....
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 6:13pm   #14
NavyC5
Barn Stall Owner #85
Activity: 1.6%

Thanked 1,432 Times in 496 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $109805

Since I'm currently still on active duty, I'll hold my opinion until Jan 21st
NavyC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NavyC5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 6:41pm   #15
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyC5 View Post
Since I'm currently still on active duty, I'll hold my opinion until Jan 21st
Let me guess...

And one last thing for everyone. In 2010 George Soros gave Human Rights Watch $100,000,000. Guess who supplied all the BS propaganda to the west for our consumption? They were a huge part of it. I'm sure it was all fair and balanced.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion