Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2011, 9:57am   #101
Mark C5
Barn Raising I
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $167111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
I think it would have just been something else they would have latched onto ... because you not "one of us".
Are you kidding? They haven't waited a micro-second. Of course there's the "it's a fake" crowd, which you HAD to expect. But also there's the "he won't release his college records" crowd now headed by Trump among others. And my favorite, the "his Selective Service records are fraudulent" crowd. They take the cake!

There is nothing the guy can do, and I'm speaking as one who did not vote for him, does not think he is doing a good job and hopes he does not get re-elected.
Mark C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 9:57am   #102
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,745 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

You know where I stand. I have said it many times. I am not a "birther". I honestly don't give a crap about the birth certificate. I believe it is the responsibility of the President to bring the country together. I also believe that he did the opposite in this instance when he could have very easily avoided all of this drama, hate, and division. I very much disapprove of that. The "birthers" started out as a very small group of people (starting with Hillary). It could have been squashed right from the start. Instead it has become an issue that has consumed a huge amount of the American population (us for example). While it is true that there would still be a small group who would never be satisfied, the release of the birth certificate would have made it a completely insignificant number as opposed to what it became.

If you don't agree, I'm not going to change your mind and I can promise that you aren't going to change mine.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:02am   #103
prospero63
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $700255

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
I also believe that he did the opposite in this instance when he could have very easily avoided all of this drama, hate, and division. I very much disapprove of that.
How, exactly, could have have done that? What, precisely, should he have done? Released the records? Because he did. It wasn't good enough. How is that his problem?
prospero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10am   #104
Mark C5
Barn Raising I

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero63 View Post
How, exactly, could have have done that? What, precisely, should he have done? Released the records? Because he did. It wasn't good enough. How is that his problem?
Once someone makes a statement like this, I think you're pretty much done.

Quote:
I can promise that you aren't going to change mine.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:25am   #105
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C5 View Post
Are you kidding? They haven't waited a micro-second. Of course there's the "it's a fake" crowd, which you HAD to expect. But also there's the "he won't release his college records" crowd now headed by Trump among others. And my favorite, the "his Selective Service records are fraudulent" crowd. They take the cake!

There is nothing the guy can do, and I'm speaking as one who did not vote for him, does not think he is doing a good job and hopes he does not get re-elected.
Oh ... you mean actual political issues ... wow ... what a concept ... anyone you know on the GOP side capable of Running on their Record for President?

Sure would be nice to see something in the News that is actually Political News.

ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33am   #106
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Sure. Which takes us full circle again to "willful ignorance may well be the worst form of ignorance".
The Following User Says Thank You to prospero63 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2011, 11:10am   #107
Mark C5
Barn Raising I

Quote:
Sure. Which takes us full circle again to "willful ignorance may well be the worst form of ignorance".
Or "Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.", which in this context is a bit comical. Edmund Burke is generally viewed as the philosophical founder of modern political conservatism.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:27am   #108
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Simple answer. Releasing the birth certificate would have done it. Anybody left questioning at that point would have been an extreme case.

Quote:
Ummmmm... yea. That was pretty much the point in me saying it. We disagree. Neither is going to change our minds. We could argue forever and accomplish nothing. It isn't too hard to figure out.

Quote:
Oh ... you mean actual political issues ... wow ... what a concept ... anyone you know on the GOP side capable of Running on their Record for President?
You mean something along the lines of the resume that would fit on a Post-It note that Obama had going into 2008?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:34am   #109
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

The more threads like this I read, the more I'm starting to become convinced that it actually is a racial issue for those that can't accept his citizenship.

When every argument presented is shot down and more nonsense is the only retort, what else can it really be?
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:36am   #110
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Simple answer. Releasing the birth certificate would have done it. Anybody left questioning at that point would have been an extreme case.
So you mean the one he released in 2008 that at the bottom says, and I quote:

Quote:
This copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding
So your ire is indeed misplaced. It's the folks that "would have been an extreme case" that you need to be upset with for being so divisive.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:37am   #111
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:

Ummmmm... yea. That was pretty much the point in me saying it. We disagree. Neither is going to change our minds. We could argue forever and accomplish nothing. It isn't too hard to figure out.

You mean something along the lines of the resume that would fit on a Post-It note that Obama had going into 2008?
Actually yes; I’ve been a Manager and Director for more than 18 years, and I’ll bet my mortgage on Smart any day of the week. I’ve hired many people with Experience, and most of the time experience is all the counts. But Smart take experience to a new level, because experience on can tell me what you’ve done in the past. I’m always concerned with whom you’re going do in future and past experiences don’t always tell the true story.

I watched the NFL Draft last night, and there was no one excited about experience … it was … potential.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:38am   #112
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
The more threads like this I read, the more I'm starting to become convinced that it actually is a racial issue for those that can't accept his citizenship.

When every argument presented is shot down and more nonsense is the only retort, what else can it really be?
Never underestimate stupidity, Phil... especially stupidity in large groups of people.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:02pm   #113
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post

Joe, there's absolutely nothing wrong with anyone deeply disliking someone politics, but it's prefixes and suffixes and everything in-between; you know the things people say but don't say that makes this a really low point in American Politics.

Yea I know people will always use the; well "they" did the same think against our candidate. That's cowardly way of hiding the fact that they are weak. I can't control what other people say, but I can control what I say.

Whenever I referred to President Bush, I always called him "Bush", "The President" and "President Bush" out of respect for the office ... the same for President Reagan. Because it was never about the individual, it was about the politics and policy.

Not everyone is being honest ... there "is" a lot to the racial issues and you'll never see anyone Man-Up to that fact. How much of, it only up to speculation, but fact that we're all seeing thing now that we've "never" seen before.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:03pm   #114
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
I watched the NFL Draft last night, and there was no one excited about experience … it was … potential.
Well... yea. That's because experience isn't an option in a draft.

Do you think Carolina would have picked Cam Newton if instead they could have traded that first pick straight up for Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Payton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, etc? I'm going with no.

What do Ryan Leaf, Lawrence Phillips, Charles Rogers, Ki-Jana Carter, Desmond Howard, David Klingler, Akili Smith, Rick Mirer, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, etc, etc, etc all have in common?

When it comes to the country I would prefer not to put it in the hands of "potential".
Old 04-29-2011, 12:03pm   #115
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,566 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Never underestimate stupidity, Phil... especially stupidity in large groups of people.
The list of DISqualifications reads much longer than most, that much is obvious.....

not the least of which is his job performances from then to now.....just specifically WHAT makes anyone think he was qualified, much less NOW??

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:20pm   #116
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
The list of DISqualifications reads much longer than most, that much is obvious.....

not the least of which is his job performances from then to now.....just specifically WHAT makes anyone think he was qualified, much less NOW??

Are reading Mr. George W. Bush resume ?

How about those Texas Rangers ... I bet they are glad Mr. Bush is not around.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23pm   #117
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
When it comes to the country I would prefer not to put it in the hands of "potential".
Spoken like a dinosaur, desperately clinging to what they have left. Nothing is made great. It becomes great. In essence, that potential for greatness is what ripens to true greatness. That doesn't mean everything you plant becomes great, but that also doesn't mean you stop planting the seeds of greatness either...
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23pm   #118
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post

The same thing that qualified all the others. The electoral college.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:25pm   #119
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Spoken like a dinosaur, desperately clinging to what they have left. Nothing is made great. It becomes great. In essence, that potential for greatness is what ripens to true greatness. That doesn't mean everything you plant becomes great, but that also doesn't mean you stop planting the seeds of greatness either...
Ask any NeoCon why we're Drilling in miles in deep water ... it ain't for the experience sport.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:44pm   #120
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
I'm going to go with because that's pretty much the only place they can get a permit.
Yea because potential has zero to do with it, it's all for the experience.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion