Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2013, 12:42pm   #41
Kevin_73
Barn Raising I,II
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 15,594, Level: 86
Activity: 0%
 
Kevin_73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,366
Thanks: 550
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,010 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $313253
Default

Liz and I would love to come meet with everyone, but unfortunately I don't think we will be able to this week.
Liz is driving home from Houston this afternoon and has tons of grading to do. She has classes Tues and Wed nights, and then she is going to FL Thursday to help Maureen with all of MarkC5's affairs.
As for me, my job on Wednesday and Thursday is promising at least 14 hour days (probably even more than that on Thursday).
Ya'll have fun without us.
Kevin_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:45pm   #42
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 54,613, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 30,200
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,633 Times in 4,930 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2195024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_73 View Post
Liz and I would love to come meet with everyone, but unfortunately I don't think we will be able to this week.
Liz is driving home from Houston this afternoon and has tons of grading to do. She has classes Tues and Wed nights, and then she is going to FL Thursday to help Maureen with all of MarkC5's affairs.
As for me, my job on Wednesday and Thursday is promising at least 14 hour days (probably even more than that on Thursday).
Ya'll have fun without us.
We were talking about next week. Is that what you mean?
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:52pm   #43
Kevin_73
Barn Raising I,II
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 15,594, Level: 86
Activity: 0%
 
Kevin_73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,366
Thanks: 550
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,010 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $313253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
We were talking about next week. Is that what you mean?
Nope, I thought you were talking about this week.

In that case, we might be able to make it. I will talk to Liz about it tonight.
Kevin_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin_73 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 12:55pm   #44
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 54,613, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 30,200
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,633 Times in 4,930 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2195024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_73 View Post
Nope, I thought you were talking about this week.

In that case, we might be able to make it. I will talk to Liz about it tonight.
Cool. It would be great to meet you guys!
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:15pm   #45
wwomanC6
Charter Member
C6 Modulator
Barn Stall Owner #27

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 77,846, Level: 100
Activity: 51.5%
 
wwomanC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 29,462
Thanks: 16,018
Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,384 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100108568
Default

How about Wednesday night at Cooper's in Fort Worth at 6pm.

Can everyone make that night and location?

It seems to be a more central location for everyone driving in DFW.






MrPeabody and vtelvr google Billy Bob's (worlds largest Honky Tonk) in Fort Worth. Cooper's BBQ is located next to it!

I will do some research on a driving route to try and get you around all the construction going on in DFW.
wwomanC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:21pm   #46
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 54,613, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 30,200
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,633 Times in 4,930 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2195024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwomanC6 View Post
How about Wednesday night at Cooper's in Fort Worth at 6pm.

Can everyone make that night and location?

It seems to be a more central location for everyone driving in DFW.






MrPeabody and vtelvr google Billy Bob's (worlds largest Honky Tonk) in Fort Worth. Cooper's BBQ is located next to it!

I will do some research on a driving route to try and get you around all the construction going on in DFW.
That works for us. Mrs. Peabody will be with me. Possibly my BIL and his wife, too. I'll let you know more on that later after I talk to them. I'm assuming it wouldn't be difficult to add a few more to the reservation with a few day's notice? Looking forward to meeting you all. (or is that y'all?)
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:34pm   #47
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 54,613, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 30,200
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,633 Times in 4,930 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2195024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwomanC6 View Post
How about Wednesday night at Cooper's in Fort Worth at 6pm.

Can everyone make that night and location?

It seems to be a more central location for everyone driving in DFW.






MrPeabody and vtelvr google Billy Bob's (worlds largest Honky Tonk) in Fort Worth. Cooper's BBQ is located next to it!

I will do some research on a driving route to try and get you around all the construction going on in DFW.
We will be coming from Colleyville, about 18-19 miles from Billy Bob's.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 06:52pm   #48
vtelvr
Barn Raising IV
Points: 11,787, Level: 75
Activity: 6.8%
 
vtelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Georgia. Fk polar vortex
Posts: 3,372
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 645 Times in 388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2412454
Default

I know that Thursday night is off the books for us. Otherwise, we are open. That is subject to change, but if there is a meet Wednesday night, we could make that happen. However, if her training goes til 5pm, we may be a few minutes late to the party...Don't wait on us, but keep the beer cold!
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vtelvr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 01:58pm   #49
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 54,613, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 30,200
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,633 Times in 4,930 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2195024
Default

We're going to go to the Stockyards that day, then over to Coopers to meet up.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 06:52pm   #50
vtelvr
Barn Raising IV
Points: 11,787, Level: 75
Activity: 6.8%
 
vtelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Georgia. Fk polar vortex
Posts: 3,372
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 645 Times in 388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2412454
Default

My wife confirmed today...she has evening events Monday and Wednesday...however, they aren't mandatory. She will attend the Monday night one, leaving Wednesday open for a peep meet!
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vtelvr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 10:48am   #51
vtelvr
Barn Raising IV
Points: 11,787, Level: 75
Activity: 6.8%
 
vtelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Georgia. Fk polar vortex
Posts: 3,372
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 645 Times in 388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2412454
Default

It shows that Coopers is 28(ish) miles away from the Gaylord Texan where we are staying in Grapevine...any locals want to confirm this? Just want to make sure that we actually end up in the right place...
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02pm   #52
wwomanC6
Charter Member
C6 Modulator
Barn Stall Owner #27

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 77,846, Level: 100
Activity: 51.5%
 
wwomanC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 29,462
Thanks: 16,018
Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,384 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100108568
Default

Yes that is about right. I'm working on a route that will get you around the least amount of construction.

Coming from south fort worth its about a 26 miles for me and the ones that live west have about the same on miles.

MrPeabody is just south west of were your going to be so his drive will be about 18 to 20 miles.
wwomanC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wwomanC6 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 12:28pm   #53
vtelvr
Barn Raising IV
Points: 11,787, Level: 75
Activity: 6.8%
 
vtelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Georgia. Fk polar vortex
Posts: 3,372
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 645 Times in 388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2412454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwomanC6 View Post
Yes that is about right. I'm working on a route that will get you around the least amount of construction.

Coming from south fort worth its about a 26 miles for me and the ones that live west have about the same on miles.

MrPeabody is just south west of were your going to be so his drive will be about 18 to 20 miles.
The miles/distance aren't an issue unless we are talking 50+ one way....then we reach an amount that is difficult because of time constraints. We may be a few minutes late to the gathering, but we will be there, good Lord willing!
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vtelvr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 01:13pm   #54
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 54,613, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 30,200
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,633 Times in 4,930 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2195024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwomanC6 View Post
Yes that is about right. I'm working on a route that will get you around the least amount of construction.

Coming from south fort worth its about a 26 miles for me and the ones that live west have about the same on miles.

MrPeabody is just south west of were your going to be so his drive will be about 18 to 20 miles.
We should be okay because like I said we were going to go to the stockyards that day, so we will be right there. Also my brother in law will be driving us and he knows his way around. If anyone can't be there for the dinner meeting, we were planning to check out Billy Bob's afterward. Since we have a designated driver, this could get dangerous.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:11pm   #55
vtelvr
Barn Raising IV
Points: 11,787, Level: 75
Activity: 6.8%
 
vtelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Georgia. Fk polar vortex
Posts: 3,372
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 645 Times in 388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2412454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
We should be okay because like I said we were going to go to the stockyards that day, so we will be right there. Also my brother in law will be driving us and he knows his way around. If anyone can't be there for the dinner meeting, we were planning to check out Billy Bob's afterward. Since we have a designated driver, this could get dangerous.
We may be up for a little Billy Bob's too...just may not be able to make it a real late night...just like the locals as well...I assume.
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:37am   #56
Milton Fox
Barn Stall Owner #1953
NCM Supporter '11
Points: 19,524, Level: 96
Activity: 83.1%
 
Milton Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Where ever I go, there I am!
Posts: 9,117
Thanks: 3,236
Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,424 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11047209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
That works for us. Mrs. Peabody will be with me. Possibly my BIL and his wife, too. I'll let you know more on that later after I talk to them. I'm assuming it wouldn't be difficult to add a few more to the reservation with a few day's notice? Looking forward to meeting you all. (or is that y'all?)
Reservations!

Dude you just get in line, order up (be sure to tell them you are a first timer and remember there is more food selections (sandwiches and such) inside) and then go grab a bench. One of about 100 available 6 person tables!!!!

Wish we could make it, but its 80 miles round trip for us. And going down is rush hours. You guys have fun!
Milton Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milton Fox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2013, 05:55am   #57
wwomanC6
Charter Member
C6 Modulator
Barn Stall Owner #27

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 77,846, Level: 100
Activity: 51.5%
 
wwomanC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 29,462
Thanks: 16,018
Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,384 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100108568
Default

Here is a website with good traffic info to help you get around while your here.

There is construction all over DFW right now.


Dallas/Fort Worth Traffic Conditions.

http://dfwtraffic.dot.state.tx.us/#m...065%2C10%29%3B


Try to avoid were 820 and I35W intersect. Backups on I35W both ways there are crazy right now!
wwomanC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wwomanC6 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2013, 01:54pm   #58
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 54,613, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 30,200
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,633 Times in 4,930 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2195024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Fox View Post
Reservations!

Dude you just get in line, order up (be sure to tell them you are a first timer and remember there is more food selections (sandwiches and such) inside) and then go grab a bench. One of about 100 available 6 person tables!!!!

Wish we could make it, but its 80 miles round trip for us. And going down is rush hours. You guys have fun!
Yeah, I've since gone on their web site and I can see it's a casual place. I got hungry just looking at the pictures of the food. Looks like a great place. Sorry you can't make it, maybe we'll meet another time.

So, who is planning on coming?
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23pm   #59
Milton Fox
Barn Stall Owner #1953
NCM Supporter '11
Points: 19,524, Level: 96
Activity: 83.1%
 
Milton Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Where ever I go, there I am!
Posts: 9,117
Thanks: 3,236
Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,424 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11047209
Default

Pork Chop - 2" cut - dipped in butter...from our 1st trip to a Hard 8!

Milton Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:24pm   #60
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 54,613, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 30,200
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,633 Times in 4,930 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2195024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Fox View Post
Pork Chop - 2" cut - dipped in butter...from our 1st trip to a Hard 8!

I can see I'm going to gain some weight on this trip.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page