Old 12-29-2021, 11:24am   #121
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Activity: 76.1%

Thanked 1,839 Times in 927 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Again, I'm sure IB is driving the bus and called for all the changes. Those that were in leadership positions could either conform or leave and they chose to stay. I probably have more days at camp than most here combined, I get it.
What’s your username over there again?
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:49am   #122
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,384 Times in 13,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
PRC had become a free for all shit fest with near zero moderation

Now as PR it’s on the other end of the spectrum

I anticipate it will eventually level out as mods even out and get to know the personalities

No offense to anyone who has a difficult time, but it’s not that hard over there to avoid vacations

As one of the most prolific and controversial posters in OT I haven’t gotten an infraction (let alone vaca) in years
You've been domesticated. You also have your "Junior Mod Merit Badge" that helps. It's VERY easy to get time off there. Simply be passionate about your opinion instead of milquetoast.

There is a difference between a post that says "I feel you have personally attacked me with your comment and that is against forum rules" and "**** off and die you piece of shit". I am not good at posting the first statement, when I mean the second one. You don't have that challenge.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 12:18pm   #123
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,652 Times in 11,656 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:

I anticipate it will eventually level out as mods even out and get to know the personalities

No offense to anyone who has a difficult time, but it’s not that hard over there to avoid vacations

As one of the most prolific and controversial posters in OT I haven’t gotten an infraction (let alone vaca) in years
And if memory serves me correctly, you rarely went into PR&C and therefore had/have very little interaction with the racist ****s running that forum.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 1:24pm   #124
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
You've been domesticated. You also have your "Junior Mod Merit Badge" that helps. It's VERY easy to get time off there. Simply be passionate about your opinion instead of milquetoast.

There is a difference between a post that says "I feel you have personally attacked me with your comment and that is against forum rules" and "**** off and die you piece of shit". I am not good at posting the first statement, when I mean the second one. You don't have that challenge.
I hear you, yet I wouldn’t call being civil and working within the rules to keep my posting privileges as domesticated though.

As you may recall, my brand requires volume, and I got “run off” from this forum back last year from this “self moderation” you speak of. So, given the fact that I need a social media outlet that fits my needs, I am more than glad to work within their rules because of what I get in return.
Old 12-29-2021, 1:27pm   #125
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
And if memory serves me correctly, you rarely went into PR&C and therefore had/have very little interaction with the racist ****s running that forum.
Since Trump/2016, I read over there daily and also post daily, some days more than others, but yes I am very active in PR over there

Like I said, it’s very easy to avoid vacations over there, you just have to know when to bite your tongue.
Old 12-29-2021, 1:41pm   #126
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner

Quote:
You got me curious, 493 posts since August of this year, is that frequent enough for you?
Attached Thumbnails
E6FCC4EF-F305-4B62-A9A4-906A2A5B5867.png  

Old 12-29-2021, 1:57pm   #127
Ghostmech
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:

I'm sorry but I need to call BS on this POV... or at least in my experience. I rarely had a problem for 17-18 years and then new mods came on and suddenly I started getting more and more warnings, points and then short bans. Since the guy who started scrutinizing me was the same guy that would go back and forth with me prior to his new role as a Barney Fife mod, it was obvious it was more vindictive than the actual infractions.

At first I would fight the punishments and often times the head mod would intervene and remove the points, but then as I got more and more "spankings" from not only the 'Dog, but a couple of other new mods who would tag team in an effort to pile on. 'Wave eventually supported "his guys" and longer and longer bans would ensue for some of the most ridiculous reasons. Most of the times my "crimes" did not fit the punishments, but it continued.

I recall one warning/post removal was for "excessive bumping"... excessive bumping? I started the thread and made comments to others as they posted. As the thread starter, it was reasonable to respond as the thread's host, but JC didn't think so. That is just one of many examples of things I was highlighted for.

When I was given the Perm-a-ban, I was given my own personal set of bad boy statistics as cause for the warnings/points/bans. I realized then it was a numbers game at that point and if a mod wants to get you banned, just start piling on infractions and the numbers will be noted... no matter how frivolous or legit.

I'm not perfect and there were times when I made it more personal... like the way it used to be when the PRC was like the wild west and those who were there know what I'm talking about. But as I had to learn to scale it back, I literally could not post without some mod making a connection to a rule infraction... no matter how far they had to stretch it to make it fit.

I was eventually banned for life and then a few months later unbanned for life... with a caveat, I could not post in PRC (or now PC), at least for the time being. I am actually enjoying not to see a private message in the little bell at the top of the page on an almost daily basis.
Ghostmech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ghostmech For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 2:09pm   #128
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostmech View Post
I'm sorry but I need to call BS on this POV... or at least in my experience. I rarely had a problem for 17-18 years and then new mods came on and suddenly I started getting more and more warnings, points and then short bans. Since the guy who started scrutinizing me was the same guy that would go back and forth with me prior to his new role as a Barney Fife mod, it was obvious it was more vindictive than the actual infractions.

At first I would fight the punishments and often times the head mod would intervene and remove the points, but then as I got more and more "spankings" from not only the 'Dog, but a couple of other new mods who would tag team in an effort to pile on. 'Wave eventually supported "his guys" and longer and longer bans would ensue for some of the most ridiculous reasons. Most of the times my "crimes" did not fit the punishments, but it continued.

I recall one warning/post removal was for "excessive bumping"... excessive bumping? I started the thread and made comments to others as they posted. As the thread starter, it was reasonable to respond as the thread's host, but JC didn't think so. That is just one of many examples of things I was highlighted for.

When I was given the Perm-a-ban, I was given my own personal set of bad boy statistics as cause for the warnings/points/bans. I realized then it was a numbers game at that point and if a mod wants to get you banned, just start piling on infractions and the numbers will be noted... no matter how frivolous or legit.

I'm not perfect and there were times when I made it more personal... like the way it used to be when the PRC was like the wild west and those who were there know what I'm talking about. But as I had to learn to scale it back, I literally could not post without some mod making a connection to a rule infraction... no matter how far they had to stretch it to make it fit.

I was eventually I was banned for life and then a few months later unbanned for life... with a caveat, I could not post in PRC (or now PC), at least for the time being. I am actually enjoying not to see a private message in the little bell at the top of the page on an almost daily basis.
I agree not all our perspectives are going to be the same, but your POV essentially mirrors the first two sentences of my post.

You experienced very little resistance when it was a free-for-all

And after the shift in moderation you experienced issues

And don’t get me wrong, I’ve tangled more than a few times over there in the last year with moderators, but we hashed it out on PM and reached common ground, while even having one mod who gave me a few infractions “go to bat” for me publicly fairly recently.
Old 12-29-2021, 2:14pm   #129
Ghostmech
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 1.1%

Quote:
I agree not all our perspectives are going to be the same, but your POV essentially mirrors the first two sentences of my post.

You experienced very little resistance when it was a free-for-all

And after the shift in moderation you experienced issues
In my case, I think it wasn't a change of direction in moderation, but who the mod was and my previous relationship with him. I got to give him credit though, he outfoxed me by getting the mod gig and suddenly I was at an obvious disadvantage.
Ghostmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 3:01pm   #130
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,384 Times in 13,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
I hear you, yet I wouldn’t call being civil and working within the rules to keep my posting privileges as domesticated though.

As you may recall, my brand requires volume, and I got “run off” from this forum back last year from this “self moderation” you speak of. So, given the fact that I need a social media outlet that fits my needs, I am more than glad to work within their rules because of what I get in return.
Ahhh, I see. It comes off as a bit "ass-kissy" though.

The imbalance comes from the result of TWO people slugging it out and ONE being sent away. Both are being UNcivil and operating outside the ridiculously impossible to interpret, rules, but only one person gets gone.

You were not run off. You were "group moderated".
If you were genuinely run off from here, the post I quoted would not exist.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 4:13pm   #131
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,652 Times in 11,656 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
You got me curious, 493 posts since August of this year, is that frequent enough for you?
Pfft.... that's child's play

And it's easy to avoid a vacay at CF if you kiss the mods' asses. Take complaints to pm like they demand and the the hypocrites still get their panties wadded and issue points (oh...points), infractions, and bans for just about anything they make up.

Cumdawg and Bloatwave are the worst of them.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 5:11pm   #132
Learpilot
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 2,638 Times in 855 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $685

Quote:

Then you're doing something wrong !!
Learpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 5:23pm   #133
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 43.2%

Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,648 Posts

Pretty easy for me to just not go there any longer and seems it would be better to work towards making this place what we enjoyed there? From my perspective that means we need more liberals, (or not?). I have noticed an improvement in my attitude since I stopped visiting there.

That people don't easily change their beliefs regardless of evidence, is probably the greatest Truth I learned over there. Consequences are a different story.

“We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” ― Ayn Rand
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dan47 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 6:04pm   #134
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostmech View Post
In my case, I think it wasn't a change of direction in moderation, but who the mod was and my previous relationship with him. I got to give him credit though, he outfoxed me by getting the mod gig and suddenly I was at an obvious disadvantage.
aha that sucks when one of your nemesis gets promoted lol

Old 12-29-2021, 6:06pm   #135
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Ahhh, I see. It comes off as a bit "ass-kissy" though.

The imbalance comes from the result of TWO people slugging it out and ONE being sent away. Both are being UNcivil and operating outside the ridiculously impossible to interpret, rules, but only one person gets gone.

You were not run off. You were "group moderated".
If you were genuinely run off from here, the post I quoted would not exist.
Not just a bit of ass-kissy

It’s like those married guys who say happy wife happy life same ****ing concept lol

I was runoff, the fact that I still hang out here occasionally to bless you all is a different discussion

The Following User Says Thank You to UniqueDoug For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 6:08pm   #136
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner

Quote:
Pfft.... that's child's play

And it's easy to avoid a vacay at CF if you kiss the mods' asses. Take complaints to pm like they demand and the the hypocrites still get their panties wadded and issue points (oh...points), infractions, and bans for just about anything they make up.

Cumdawg and Bloatwave are the worst of them.
See post above
Old 12-29-2021, 6:39pm   #137
69L46
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 17.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Pretty easy for me to just not go there any longer and seems it would be better to work towards making this place what we enjoyed there? From my perspective that means we need more liberals, (or not?). I have noticed an improvement in my attitude since I stopped visiting there.

That people don't easily change their beliefs regardless of evidence, is probably the greatest Truth I learned over there. Consequences are a different story.

“We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” ― Ayn Rand

The best approach. Those 'new' mods have taken the air out of any discussion which might be construed as being even the least bit controversial.
69L46 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 69L46 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 9:24pm   #138
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 43.2%

Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
The best approach. Those 'new' mods have taken the air out of any discussion which might be construed as being even the least bit controversial.
Long time no see! Hope you and your’s are doing well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dan
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 7:44am   #139
Learpilot
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 2,638 Times in 855 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $685

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
Welcome to The Barn
Learpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 9:13am   #140
69L46
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 17.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Long time no see! Hope you and your’s are doing well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dan

Back at you sir!
69L46 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69L46 For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion