DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,646 Times in 11,652 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by theandies View Post
Ironically I started this thread and it has the most replies than any other thread I've started on any discussion boards I belong to.
When you get a chance, share the link to this with cumdawg and the other mods over there. Hell, share it with IB. Yeah...like they'd care
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 9:26am   #102
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 43.2%

Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,648 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Ironically I started this thread and it has the most replies than any other thread I've started on any discussion boards I belong to.
I really liked participating over there before the communist take over. Had over a decade of membership and really at a loss for why the site owner allowed those changes?

Haven’t been back since the last temp ban but wondering if there’s a way to delete my account over there? I wouldn’t want my membership to be beneficial to the current owner.
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:52am   #103
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,376 Times in 13,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
It is an indication of two things.

The level of "suck" the mods over there have achieved.
and
The freedom to speak your mind, that we get to enjoy here.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 10:54am   #104
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
I really liked participating over there before the communist take over. Had over a decade of membership and really at a loss for why the site owner allowed those changes?

Haven’t been back since the last temp ban but wondering if there’s a way to delete my account over there? I wouldn’t want my membership to be beneficial to the current owner.
Go back and delete all your posts. Might take a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 11:21am   #105
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 29.2%

Thanked 15,024 Times in 4,314 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2002001941

The big difference between this and the other place...........

Here: no advertisers, no vendors to answer to, basically membership owned and supported, just paying for the software use and don't have to answer to them.

There: vendors and others to answer to, not owned by membership, owned by IB which charges fees to vendors, basically a business for profit.

Not defending the latter, but they have limits on content, not so much here.

I don't have the past experience of those here that have issues with other mods over the years, I can't get worked up on matters I have no control over, and in the long run, it don't mean shit anyhow........
Old 12-28-2021, 11:24am   #106
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
The big difference between this and the other place...........

Here: no advertisers, no vendors to answer to, basically membership owned and supported, just paying for the software use and don't have to answer to them.

There: vendors and others to answer to, not owned by membership, owned by IB which charges fees to vendors, basically a business for profit.

Not defending the latter, but they have limits on content, not so much here.

I don't have the past experience of those here that have issues with other mods over the years, I can't get worked up on matters I have no control over, and in the long run, it don't mean shit anyhow........
That's a bit of an excuse. They can take whatever position they choose on any issue they choose. The fact that they choose to prop up the Left ideology with a membership that is primarily right leaning, seems like a poor business choice to me. Imagine a firearms site that didn't support 2A.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:36am   #107
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
Bantayan Kids '13,'17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
That's a bit of an excuse. They can take whatever position they choose on any issue they choose. The fact that they choose to prop up the Left ideology with a membership that is primarily right leaning, seems like a poor business choice to me. Imagine a firearms site that didn't support 2A.
The behind the scenes and politics of car forums is way above my pay grade, I can not pretend to know enough to run with the big dogs here.
But I do know one thing, whatever goes on in any of the forums does not affect me to the extent it does others, it's just not that important.
The Following User Says Thank You to Norm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 12:10pm   #108
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
The behind the scenes and politics of car forums is way above my pay grade, I can not pretend to know enough to run with the big dogs here.
But I do know one thing, whatever goes on in any of the forums does not affect me to the extent it does others, it's just not that important.
It effects me because I see the forum the way I see a group of friends or people gathered in a bar. You talk, you discuss, you disagree, you poke fun, you get pissed, etc. I have told friends of mine they were a dumbass for something they did or told them they must have their head up their ass for believing "x". and we discuss, and move on.

The forum is that atmosphere, but with people who can't physically be in the same place. I have yet to have a disagreement with a friend and have a total stranger enter the room and send me home for 10 days when they had NO role in the discussion.

Unless a physical threat...a GENUINE physical threat takes place, the rest is banter and bullshit and doesn't need a cop in the corner.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 3:19pm   #109
Ghostmech
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 1.1%

Quote:
I always thought the Corvette forum was a private site founded by a couple of enthusiasts... and it may have been in the beginning, but it is not anymore.

It was acquired by Internet Brands LLC several years ago. Internet Brands LLC is an American new media company based in California with a worth of 1.6 Billion dollars and operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites.

To make matters worse, Internet Brands was acquired by multi-billion dollar giant, KKR - Hellman & Friedman LLC a few years back, a private equity firm based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and London. In other words, Corvette Forum is a little fish in a big pond, but the change of control is obvious.

Bottom line is, the lean to the left by the people running that place (like 'Wave) answer to bigger, leftist gods up the food chain. I have no doubt there is a left lean to those that have been hired to run that place and the so-called enthusiast and free speech aspects have been diminished while corporate influence and a more progressive ideology is prevalent nowadays.
Ghostmech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghostmech For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 3:35pm   #110
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
Bantayan Kids '13,'17

Quote:
It effects me because I see the forum the way I see a group of friends or people gathered in a bar. You talk, you discuss, you disagree, you poke fun, you get pissed, etc. I have told friends of mine they were a dumbass for something they did or told them they must have their head up their ass for believing "x". and we discuss, and move on.

The forum is that atmosphere, but with people who can't physically be in the same place. I have yet to have a disagreement with a friend and have a total stranger enter the room and send me home for 10 days when they had NO role in the discussion.

Unless a physical threat...a GENUINE physical threat takes place, the rest is banter and bullshit and doesn't need a cop in the corner.
To me, to joke around with friends, writing the words, if you all know each other, well I suppose that's all between you guys. There are other people that may read the written word not knowing the association between you and your friends (all aliases) and think it may be vulgar, uncaring, malicious, etc., and maybe that talk should be curbed. There are anonymous folks that do report that activity thinking the writer is serious, probably never here, but over there, probably more than you know.

Without being in person, observing facial mannerisms and listening to voice inflection, the uninitiated won't get it, therefore the cop in the corner to maintain decorum.

Not on either side here, just trying to be pragmatic from my point of view. If the use of the forum is important to have this back & forth fun tug-o-wars, would it not suit you to avoid the warnings and bans, etc., to just conduct it among yourselves privately in pm's or private emails?
I don't know, just asking.
Old 12-28-2021, 4:55pm   #111
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 15.8%

Thanked 5,707 Times in 2,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:
You are incorrect, I also lead communities for IB in other areas and they have a very strict set of rules for content. We receive direction on a regular basis that sets the way the forums are moderated. Failure to do so could result in the elimination of the forum. My guess is there were complaints made to IB with specific allegations of discrimination, something they will not allow under any circumstances. Without those complaints it's pretty much out of sight, out of mind.

Just telling you what I know, you can believe what you want.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 6:52pm   #112
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,506 Times in 14,292 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 6:55pm   #113
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
You are incorrect, I also lead communities for IB in other areas and they have a very strict set of rules for content. We receive direction on a regular basis that sets the way the forums are moderated. Failure to do so could result in the elimination of the forum. My guess is there were complaints made to IB with specific allegations of discrimination, something they will not allow under any circumstances. Without those complaints it's pretty much out of sight, out of mind.

I don't dispute what you say. The point is not about getting kicked off the forum per se. The problem is the forum changing and becoming something it was not before. The "strict set of rules" were "people" decisions. It is not that they are needed to keep things polite, it is that they are needed as a tool to push out the different minded and protect their fellow pussies.
The Mods have options just like the rest of us. Accept the changes or don't. They have chosen to become pathetic "word police" instead of standing for free thought and speech.

The Barn is not a heavily moderated forum. Why is it we have not verbally slaughtered one another and how is it we are not in complete chaos over our words? It's because we don't have Mods being bullies. I think this forum is semi-self-cleaning. Come in here being a dick and it won't be a mod that handles it. It will be pretty much EVERYONE you encounter. If a Mod has to step in, you have thoroughly f'd up. Over there, if a mod steps in, it's probably a day ending in Y.
I also FIRMLY believe Mods should not be allowed to engage in banter over there. You don't see a referee grabbing the ball and running for a TD. Observe and moderate. Don't participate. (Another problem we don't have here)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 7:03pm   #114
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,506 Times in 14,292 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
I don't dispute what you say. The point is not about getting kicked off the forum per se. The problem is the forum changing and becoming something it was not before. The "strict set of rules" were "people" decisions. It is not that they are needed to keep things polite, it is that they are needed as a tool to push out the different minded and protect their fellow pussies.
The Mods have options just like the rest of us. Accept the changes or don't. They have chosen to become pathetic "word police" instead of standing for free thought and speech.

The Barn is not a heavily moderated forum. Why is it we have not verbally slaughtered one another and how is it we are not in complete chaos over our words? It's because we don't have Mods being bullies. I think this forum is semi-self-cleaning. Come in here being a dick and it won't be a mod that handles it. It will be pretty much EVERYONE you encounter. If a Mod has to step in, you have thoroughly f'd up. Over there, if a mod steps in, it's probably a day ending in Y.
I also FIRMLY believe Mods should not be allowed to engage in banter over there. You don't see a referee grabbing the ball and running for a TD. Observe and moderate. Don't participate. (Another problem we don't have here)
Rob and NAV do participate in threads from time to time. The difference being, if you tell one of them to EABOD disagree with their point of view, they don't get all butt hurt and ban your ass for a month.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 7:05pm   #115
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Rob and NAV do participate in threads from time to time. The difference being, if you tell one of them to EABOD disagree with their point of view, they don't get all butt hurt and ban your ass for a month.
I know, but the issue doesn't exist here. I can't imagine having a different point of view than either of them and in order to make their point, they send one of us packing. You don't DARE say anything contrary to jchastity or BAM adios MFer.
Old 12-28-2021, 8:16pm   #116
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 15.8%

Thanked 5,707 Times in 2,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:

No, they are an attempt to protect IB and keep their websites consistent, for better or worse.

Everything you're saying is true and the difference between a privately owned platform like this and just another holding for IB.

Absolutely agree with this, some like to stir the pot.
Again, I'm sure IB is driving the bus and called for all the changes. Those that were in leadership positions could either conform or leave and they chose to stay. I probably have more days at camp than most here combined, I get it.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 9:16am   #117
Learpilot
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 2,638 Times in 855 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $685

I weas there for 12 years and over 50k posts and got perma banned for NOTHING.
Learpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Learpilot For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 10:01am   #118
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32
Activity: 58.6%

Thanked 12,915 Times in 4,897 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810

They don't like "Let's go Brandon!" as a location.

Quote:
You have received a warning at CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion
Dear VandelayIndustries,

You have received a warning at CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion.

Reason:
-------
Political message in profile

I've removed the political reference from the location field in your profile, to bring you into compliance with site rules.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...3-avatars.html

-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 10:30am   #119
Ghostmech
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 1.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries View Post
They don't like "Let's go Brandon!" as a location.
Wow... I guess 'Wave is on strict orders to "nip it in the bud", any anti-FJB-LGB stiff that could be permanent. I think you should replace that Location with a pro Obama statement like: "Bring Back Barry." and see what happens... I suspect nothing at all.
Ghostmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:21am   #120
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Activity: 76.1%

Thanked 1,839 Times in 927 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post

PRC had become a free for all shit fest with near zero moderation

Now as PR it’s on the other end of the spectrum

I anticipate it will eventually level out as mods even out and get to know the personalities

No offense to anyone who has a difficult time, but it’s not that hard over there to avoid vacations

As one of the most prolific and controversial posters in OT I haven’t gotten an infraction (let alone vaca) in years
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion