Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2011, 6:42pm   #41
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Activity: 0%

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
6 people are dead, many others wounded and people are trying to make political gain off of a sociopath.
You're trying to argue with 2 of the very first chuckle-f***s to do just that.

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/p...ords-shot.html
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 7:41pm   #42
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Then stop acting like one. You want to argue issues. Use facts
Your "na na Po Po" style of arguing is foolish and shows a complete disrespect for those of us who care about this country.

It's gone to hell due to fools on both sides playing us all against ourselves using class envy, Racial stereotypes that demean us all.

6 people are dead, many others wounded and people are trying to make political gain off of a sociopath.
Actually more than a years ago, I said all this gun talk will lead to someone getting shot.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 7:42pm   #43
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Will_ View Post
You're trying to argue with 2 of the very first chuckle-f***s to do just that.

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/p...ords-shot.html
Depends ... Palin called the liberals *blood libel(ous)* ... the only person I've heard so far (besides right-wing fanatics) backing her on this was some neocon zionist from some defunct extreme jewish group that was a lobby for Paul Wolfowitz who believes that America is to serve the Jews ...

Given Palins' derangment on every aspect of (political) life ... well, she can use her sheer idiocy or fake it ... to her advantage ... and then get on to better things like attending a gun show as a keynote speaker ... do you think she knows or is it coincidence that the Safari Club International's headquarters are in Tucson Az. ?
Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 8:10pm   #44
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 12,540 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
Depends ... Palin called the liberals *blood libel(ous)* ... the only person I've heard so far (besides right-wing fanatics) backing her on this was some neocon zionist from some defunct extreme jewish group that was a lobby for Paul Wolfowitz who believes that America is to serve the Jews ...

Given Palins' derangment on every aspect of (political) life ... well, she can use her sheer idiocy or fake it ... to her advantage ... and then get on to better things like attending a gun show as a keynote speaker ... do you think she knows or is it coincidence that the Safari Club International's headquarters are in Tucson Az. ?
WTF are you talking about? The term has been used, and shown here , in the past by the Left.

Grow up.

Palin came in after days of abuse to defend herself and the Tea party adn others from childish and unfounded accusations it was their fault. From people exactly like you.

Quote:
Term 'Blood Libel' Used on MSNBC in 2000 in Reference to Bush, In 2006 to Kerry Without Objection by Network Hosts
By Ken Shepherd | January 13, 2011 | 18:52

While the liberal media, particularly Obama acolytes at MSNBC, immediately jumped down former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's throat for her use of the term "blood libel" in a video statement yesterday, it appears the network has not always thundered with righteous indignation at the use of the term.

Tthere was no reaction from MSNBC's Chris Matthews in 2000 when Jack Kemp used the term to describe a harsh radio ad the NAACP had used against then-Gov. George W. Bush (R-Texas) nor in 2006 when Mike Barnicle used the term in reference to Sen. John Kerry having been criticized by a group of Vietnam War swift boat veterans.

Kemp used the term on the December 19, 2000 edition of "Hardball," while he and Matthews were discussing why so few black Americans actually voted for Bush. In that exchange, Kemp lamented as "blood libel" a harsh ad the NAACP National Voter Fund ran that suggested Bush had blood on his hands for failing to support a hate crimes bill.

Here's the relevant portion (emphasis mine):

Story Continues Below Ad ↓
KEMP: ...I think racial reconciliation in America is a key issue, a very important issue, and I've got to say this as a Republican, and the party of Lincoln cannot lose 92 percent of the African-American vote any more in this century.

MATTHEWS: Right. Why, you know, I looked at the stats yesterday, Jack. Apparently the number for Republican voting in the party is lower than it was. You have to go back to the Goldwater campaign in '64, and he opposed for, I think constitutional reasons, the Civil Rights Act in '64, to get as low a black vote for Republicans. Why is it getting worse for your party?

KEMP: Oh, that pains me. Having played professional football for 13 years, having been Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, I've been talking with J.C. Watts and a lot of African-Americans throughout the country, no one thinks it's good for America to have such a split between black and white. It isn't good for Democrats to take the black vote for granted. It isn't good for the Republican Party to write it off and I don't, I'm not accusing anybody of writing it off, including Bob Dole and Jack Kemp.

But it isn't good for our democracy. My hope is that we make this a very high priority in the early part of this decade and century. I think George Bush, again, meeting with black pastors. He should meet with the Congressional Black Caucus. He ought to talk about things that are important to this country. That doesn't mean he has to kiss anybody's ring, but this country really has to deal with racial reconciliation and I believe George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell can be a redeeming presidency here in these first four or hopefully eight years.

MATTHEWS: Do you think the way, do you think that the Democrats exploited this? I mean the NAACP ran an ad this year...

KEMP: Oh, that was sad.

MATTHEWS: ... basically blaming Bush for the James Byrd horror story because they said he wouldn't back a hate crime, even though he actually, he, you know, he -- they're executing those people.

KEMP: Oh, I served in the Congress with Kweisi Mfume. He, I want to say, is a friend of mine. I talked to him before George W. Bush spoke at the NAACP during the campaign and Kweisi is a man of integrity.

I really can't believe, and I just say this without any knowledge ahead of time, I don't believe that Kweisi Mfume, in my opinion, would have allowed, could have allowed, would have funded such a brutal, brutal ad hominem blood libel ad against George W. Bush.

Six years later, on the October 31, 2006 "Scarborough Country," MSNBC contributor Mike Barnicle lamented that Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) had not effectively handled the Swift Boat Veterans attack on his credibility two years prior (emphasis mine) and thus had a lack of credibility in his ongoing critique of the war in Iraq:

The problem for Kerry here is that two years ago, Joe, he did not talk like that when he was undergoing a blood libel by the Swift Boat people. If he had stood up two years ago, in July of 2004, and looked into the cameras with the same intensity he showed today on this issue and said, Hey, I didn`t see Dick Cheney on the bow of my boat in the Mekong Delta, we might have a different president today. That didn`t happen then, and so he`s playing catch-up in terms of his reputation now.

Read more: Term 'Blood Libel' Used on MSNBC in 2000 in Reference to Bush, In 2006 to Kerry Without Objection by Network Hosts | NewsBusters.org
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 8:14pm   #45
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? The term has been used, and shown here , in the past by the Left.

Grow up.

Palin came in after days of abuse to defend herself and the Tea party adn others from childish and unfounded accusations it was their fault. From people exactly like you.
Yeah but nobody used blood libel after somebody got shot in the head and innocent bystanders murdered ... well, at least since the 11th century ...

(However, you may defend Palins mistake about who the dueling pistoliers were back in 18th/19th century U.S. Congress ..)
Old 01-15-2011, 8:18pm   #46
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
GTMS ‘18

Old 01-15-2011, 8:19pm   #47
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
This looks like the one posted on CFPR&C ... the softball arguement to make the right-wingers and palinites feel better ...
Old 01-15-2011, 8:22pm   #48
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Yeah but nobody used blood libel after somebody got shot in the head and innocent bystanders murdered ... well, at least since the 11th century ...

(However, you may defend Palins mistake about who the dueling pistoliers were back in 18th/19th century U.S. Congress ..)
Yea But. SSDD.

I do not care that Sarah Palin came out days after and defended herself using comments YOU and the leftists nuts cases find offensive. After Days of "Tea Bagger drove him Nuts" and "Palins cross hairs set him off" and all the other made up, pulled out of your slimy little hate filled minds was proven false you and the rest still found more and more reason to turn up the hate, name calling and rhetoric.
Old 01-15-2011, 8:27pm   #49
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Yea But. SSDD.

I do not care that Sarah Palin came out days after and defended herself using comments YOU and the leftists nuts cases find offensive. After Days of "Tea Bagger drove him Nuts" and "Palins cross hairs set him off" and all the other made up, pulled out of your slimy little hate filled minds was proven false you and the rest still found more and more reason to turn up the hate, name calling and rhetoric.
You have a point ... what do you think the odds are that a (D) congresswoman who was harangued and villainized by Palin then vandalized would be shot in the head when she appeared on Palins' Dem Targets list is ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Exotix For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2011, 8:28pm   #50
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
You have a point ... what do you think the odds are that a (D) congresswoman who was harangued and villainized by Palin then vandalized then shot in the head when she appeared on Palins' Dem Targets list is ?
You are pathetic.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion