VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 12,540 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134
Default 86 Teens Pregnant at One Memphis High School

If we really want to end teenage pregnancy issue like this end Welfare. If the Girl and her parents and the boy and his parents were made financal responsible for these issues the problem would shrink significantly and the minorities involved will see a better live for themselves.

Quote:
86 Teens Pregnant at One Memphis High School

Published January 14, 2011
| FoxNews.com
Print Email Share Comments (1484) Text Size

iStock

A new campaign to prevent teen pregnancies has been launched in Memphis in response to a huge spike in expectant mothers at one area high school.

According to recent statistics, 86 students at Frayser High School are pregnant or have given birth in the last year, myfoxmemphis.com reported.

The new campaign – called “No Baby!” – is designed to educate both teenage girls and boys about how to prevent and deal with unplanned pregnancies. The program is also tailored to give girls the confidence to “just say no” to sex.

"Right now, these girls don't know how to say ‘no,’ they're having sex when they don't want to, they just don't know how to say ‘no,’" Deborah Hester Harrison with Girls Inc., which is a nonprofit group, told the news station.

Another concern for these young mothers is the lack of prenatal care.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE
INTERESTED IN
a nice wholesome hooters girl for the kids a federal gravy train may end 'Touched By an Angel' Star John Dye Found Dead in Home Detroit Bus Driver Suspended for Driving With Passenger on Lap Sledding Banned at Massachusetts Hot Spot “A lot of these girls aren't developmentally ready to be really effective parents, and that affects the child's development,” Marc Goodman-Bryan with the Urban Child Institute said.

Dr. Manny Alvarez, senior managing health editor of FoxNews.com and Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Science at Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey agrees and said those issues are just the beginning.

“Teen pregnancies are high risk. For some of these girls, the risk factors include premature delivery, pregnancy-induced hypertension and many times, you have a higher incidence of Caesarean sections due to cephalopelvic disproportion, which happens when a the fetus is too large to fit through the pelvis.”

Last month, U.S. health officials released new government figures for 2009 showing 39 births per 1,000 girls, ages 15 through 19 — the lowest rate since records have been kept on this issue Yet, the sobering context is that the teen pregnancy rate is far lower in many other countries.

The most convincing explanation is that contraceptive use is much higher among teens in most Western European countries.

Harrison said the teen pregnancy rate for Memphis fluctuates between 15 and 20 percent, which is almost twice the national average.

In the school’s zip code – the pregnancy rate is about 26 percent.

"We're looking at ways to combat it, and we're trying to combat it in the area where the need is the greatest," Harrison said.

In addition to the “No Baby!” campaign, Memphis school officials are also looking at ways to combat this problem by hiring new social workers, putting new programs in place, as well as providing support for teenage moms.

“It’s upsetting that we continue to see the rates of teen pregnancy ticking up in certain areas,” Alvarez said. “I think we really need to focus on education – that’s really the key.”
FoxNews.com - 86 Teens Pregnant at One Memphis High School

And a LIBERAL told us this would happen

Quote:
Moynihan’s first big splash in the pool of politics came in 1965 when he authored a famous report on the status of the African-American family (The Negro Family: The Case for National Action). Moynihan was concerned that two historic trendlines had suddenly changed course and had crossed, unexpectedly and thus ominously. Traditionally, as unemployment rose so did welfare dependency, and as unemployment declined so too followed the size of the welfare rolls. But in 1963 these two lines were moving in opposite directions for African-Americans. Moynihan discovered that the number of black families on welfare was rising at a time when unemployment was declining. His report was a brief for vigorous government action to intervene to address this emerging social problem. But since his report documented serious social maladies within the black family–most especially, rising out-of-wedlock birthrates and a concomitant rise in the number of female-headed households–his report was hooted at by liberals and Moynihan was pilloried as a racist and his report trashed and buried.
Moynihan Welfare Reform and Benign Neglect
VITE1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:45am   #2
Exotix
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moynihan

Moynihan, Welfare Reform, and the Myth of “Benign Neglect”

http://www.larrydewitt.net/Essays/Moynihan.htm

*The Senate floor is all but empty. . . . The lobbies are empty. There is no outcry against what we are doing. . . .
What is about to happen is we are going to repeal title IV-A of the Social Security Act, the provision established in 1935 in the act, aid to families with dependent children.
This will be the first time in our history that we have repealed a core provision of the Social Security Act. Further, we are choosing to repeal the provision for children.

It is as if we are going to live only for this moment, and let the future be lost. . . .*
I think we might hear this statement from Bush neocon McConnell .. (who led the 2 year filibuster against anything Obama finally culminating in extending the Bush tax cuts that added $285 Billion to the deficits as hostage-taking of Americans who needed their unemplyment benefits extended) .. in 2012 as the (R) slashing of the Debts they created that has led to all of the disasters so to blame Libs for everything so they can eradicate Social Security and Medicare ...

Good Luck with the Obama Veto Pen when he comes in again in 2012 ...

Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:57am   #3
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 11.9%

Thanked 11,567 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
I think we might hear this statement from Bush neocon McConnell .. (who led the 2 year filibuster against anything Obama finally culminating in extending the Bush tax cuts that added $285 Billion to the deficits as hostage-taking of Americans who needed their unemplyment benefits extended) .. in 2012 as the (R) slashing of the Debts they created that has led to all of the disasters so to blame Libs for everything so they can eradicate Social Security and Medicare ...

I have little doubt you are correct, and I also have little doubt that your policies you support so much will BK the country......probably before I kick off....

honestly I hope to see it, so I can laugh at all the liberals and say 'I told you so'.......

and I"m dead serious.....

screw the cities and welfare...let them burn.....

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:00am   #4
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
I have little doubt you are correct, and I also have little doubt that your policies you support so much will BK the country......probably before I kick off....

honestly I hope to see it, so I can laugh at all the liberals and say 'I told you so'.......

and I"m dead serious.....

screw the cities and welfare...let them burn.....

*The dead don't know they're dead* ... you left all this destruction for your children ... so why worry about it ...
Old 01-15-2011, 11:04am   #5
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
*The dead don't know they're dead* ... you left all this destruction for your children ... so why worry about it ...
My kids are world travelers, liberals, raised that way by their communist mother.....

not a damn thing I can do about it......

they deserve it, they have the same mental illness as their mother.....

just cause I love them and are family, don't change the facts......not one damn bit....

Old 01-15-2011, 11:05am   #6
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
My kids are world travelers, liberals, raised that way by their communist mother.....

not a damn thing I can do about it......

they deserve it, they have the same mental illness as their mother.....

just cause I love them and are family, don't change the facts......not one damn bit....

Kind of ironic since your kids apparently have disowned you ...
Old 01-15-2011, 11:10am   #7
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
They can't stand my picking them apart the way I do typical liberals all day for some 50 years now.....my son calls from his slum residence in Oakland, several time a week.....daughter calls from her slum apartment in Balto maybe twice a year....

I seriously dread hearing of the inevitable attacks on them, just a matter of time, not one doubt in my mind.....but liberals are terminally stupid....so what can I do??

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:17am   #8
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
They can't stand my picking them apart the way I do typical liberals all day for some 50 years now.....my son calls from his slum residence in Oakland, several time a week.....daughter calls from her slum apartment in Balto maybe twice a year....

I seriously dread hearing of the inevitable attacks on them, just a matter of time, not one doubt in my mind.....but liberals are terminally stupid....so what can I do??
The Republican mantra has always been ... and coming to fruition with Bush ...

*Create problems to Solve* ... Liberals are merely the means for abusing ...
Old 01-15-2011, 12:23pm   #9
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:

SEE, above, liberals have a HUGE cognitive disconnect in the reason department.....

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
Old 01-15-2011, 2:14pm   #10
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 12,540 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WTF are you talking about? Typical Bullshit from the progressives.,

The facts are Black families and cultural values have been destroyed by the welfare state. The welfare state is doctrine for the left. It is the lefts fault that these kids are living the lie they are feed by the progressives.

Now come up with facts that refute or Piss off.

Your childish comments and hypocritical getting boring and churlish.
VITE1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 2:16pm   #11
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Wasn't there a Life Time movie similar to this, the difference was .....
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:48pm   #12
MattW
Barn Stall Owner #81
Barn Raising II
Activity: 19.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5242

Memphis is a craphole, we wish they would secede from Tennessee.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion