Barn Stall Owner #99
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,743 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Holy crap dude lays the smack down on the entitlement whore.
Didn't he though? Awesome rebuttal. Unfortunately, she won't understand a lick of what he said.

We ought to take up a collection to have her dumbass shipped to Africa.
jaxgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14pm   #3
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,567 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

YGTBFSM......NO one is THAT stupid....eh??

BUT, having said that, methinks for some years now, that she did have one point, that is having a price to LAND itself, LAND has always been here, it is essentially free, like the Native Americans way before anyone else, they had to concept of ownership of a chunk of land.....and I happen to agree about that.....

the change I would make is to eliminate the concept of LAND value, as totally separate and distinct from improvements to the land.....clearing work, plumbing, utilities, buildings/construction, fences ... all that has value in that it COST to do it....

but to say some 1/4 acre has value to be financed at a bank?? no, THAT part is in fact correct to what she says....maybe the ONLY damn thing she be correct on, but to be totally honest, she has a point on that one....
mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 1:28pm   #4
wicked_c6
Bantayan Kids '14

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4160

At 3:40 she starts talking about how her ancestors in Africa didn't have to buy land, or pay rent, and how they built their own houses. I almost <coffee spewed> when she said they had electricity there in ancient times...
wicked_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 1:43pm   #5
TabuIsMe
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3000272

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_c6 View Post
At 3:40 she starts talking about how her ancestors in Africa didn't have to buy land, or pay rent, and how they built their own houses. I almost <coffee spewed> when she said they had electricity there in ancient times...
I couldn't get past the 2:00 minute mark..
TabuIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 2:06pm   #6
TabuIsMe
A Real Barner

Quote:
"Comment Pending Approval! "

So she's filtering the comments.
Her next video is going to be outrage that people need to be drug tested for welfare.
Old 08-30-2011, 2:11pm   #7
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,748 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabuIsMe View Post
I couldn't get past the 2:00 minute mark..
I didn't even get past 00:00.01

I saw the title and the preview picture and knew that if I watched I would want to punch my computer.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 3:52pm   #8
jaxgator
Barn Stall Owner #99
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14

Quote:
If you suffer thru it then watch the response your reaction will be something along the lines of:

It was worth the suffering just to watch the awesomeness of the response.
Old 08-30-2011, 4:26pm   #9
kender
Vette Barn nOOb

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $505
Default thanks for the kind words

I always enjoy getting linky love from like minded folks....about the land value thing. Land is property, property is a measure of the fruits of your labor. When you acquire the fruits of your labor by utilizing the resources around you (in modern time by earning money and buying things, back in the day by growing and catching your food and cutting down trees to build your house) they become your property. That property is yours to use as you see fit until it wears out or you sell or trade it for something you want more. When you truly own property you never have to pay to keep it. With real property that no longer applies. Property taxes mean you cannot own real property, you simply rent the right from the government, once you pay the bank for the property you have bought, for the rights of ownership, such as equity and tax advantages. Until property taxes are repealed and the government no longer has the ability to take property you own free and clear because of delinquent taxes we no longer actually own property.
kender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kender For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 5:03pm   #10
jaxgator
Barn Stall Owner #99
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kender View Post
I always enjoy getting linky love from like minded folks....about the land value thing. Land is property, property is a measure of the fruits of your labor. When you acquire the fruits of your labor by utilizing the resources around you (in modern time by earning money and buying things, back in the day by growing and catching your food and cutting down trees to build your house) they become your property. That property is yours to use as you see fit until it wears out or you sell or trade it for something you want more. When you truly own property you never have to pay to keep it. With real property that no longer applies. Property taxes mean you cannot own real property, you simply rent the right from the government, once you pay the bank for the property you have bought, for the rights of ownership, such as equity and tax advantages. Until property taxes are repealed and the government no longer has the ability to take property you own free and clear because of delinquent taxes we no longer actually own property.
So, you're the guy that posted the video response? If so, that was awesome dude!
Old 08-30-2011, 5:09pm   #11
TabuIsMe
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxgator View Post
So, you're the guy that posted the video response? If so, that was awesome dude!
I sent him a link on youtube to the forums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TabuIsMe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 5:19pm   #12
jaxgator
Barn Stall Owner #99
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabuIsMe View Post
I sent him a link on youtube to the forums.
Ah, I wondered how he found out about this thread. Thanks dear.

Quote:
Man you laid the epic smackdown on the brain dead, entitlement chick. Well played sir!

Would love to have you hang out here as well. Your input and insight would be well received.
Couldn't agree more with both of your statements.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaxgator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 6:41pm   #13
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Look, we pay prop taxes, which is a form of 'occupancy tax'....we pay for infrastructure which is totally agree do, someone had to do the jobs to get it improved to the point of occupancy....fine....NO disagreement.....MY trick is to be paying some totally fictitious VALUE on a typical bank loan....

LAND has no intrinsic value, that entire part of our 'culture' needs be reconsidered.....

Consider the loss of this motel/housing unit vacation place on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay decades ago, Point Lookout....the land receded into the bay during some storm.....that land disappeared......

would it be fair to still demand someone pay for the lost land's VALUE??

NO, lost the rental income, built assets, and human developed value, surely...but the LAND?? no....

IMO, that entire concept just earns excessive interest for banks.....

This country was won from kings a couple centuries ago, in screwed up old Europe they existed at the sufferance of some 'king'....so bought land he ripped off in some war or other.....

now re read me previous post, maybe my position becomes more clear.....

Old 08-30-2011, 10:15pm   #14
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,460 Times in 10,619 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
You rock dude
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:36pm   #15
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 6.8%

Thanked 33,025 Times in 14,165 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

Quote:
awesome, hope you stick around here.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:16am   #16
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 13,010 Times in 7,320 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Oh, AWESOME!! Thanks for coming over here, dude! That was a great response to that stupid video she posted. You rock!
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 7:35am   #17
R.Zaragoza
Barn Stall Owner #0000
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $260381

Quote:
Very well said.
R.Zaragoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04am   #18
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

[quote=TxAg;407648]Land has a value. Just because you don't like it that way doesn't take that fact away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Consider the loss of this motel/housing unit vacation place on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay decades ago, Point Lookout....the land receded into the bay during some storm.....that land disappeared......

would it be fair to still demand someone pay for the lost land's VALUE??
If someone had it appraised and insured, yes.

Yes. Riddle me this, how do you propose to replace the lost land?

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Are you trying to equate a king owning land = property owners today?

Going to have to go with "no" on that one.
It's a carryover from the olde tyme kings of Europe....it is a payoff of excess interest for some bogus 'title' one never really has....MOST jurisdictions for example have no personal property tax, Northern Va. does, and it's high......now if you pay taxes on your house....OR worse yet pay the taxes on rental property you occupy through rents.....you get to pay for land at twice the rate you pay for your house.....

lets suppose like that guy a block over, have a total loss house fire.....

think your property taxes go down one buck?? the tax is on the LAND USE, and the land itself based upon that supposed USE.....

paying interest on TOP of that is a phony pony......think of it like the Native Americans used to.....

Old 08-31-2011, 10:43am   #19
Chris Fowler
Barn Stall Owner #6
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17

Thanked 1,484 Times in 828 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $437465

Quote:
think your property taxes go down one buck?? the tax is on the LAND USE, and the land itself based upon that supposed USE.....
In Texas the taxes would go down, given that it's based on appraised value of the property and permanent structures on that property...
Chris Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:27am   #20
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,460 Times in 10,619 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
lets suppose like that guy a block over, have a total loss house fire.....

actually...

yes, it will.

buy a property with improvements...remove improvements...

property assessed value will go down, as will the property tax liability.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion