Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2022, 3:51pm   #1
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 11,553 Times in 5,695 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default Walmart stats vs??.......

Read this all the way through. It is eye opening and factually true in every respect.

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the groundwork for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the U.S. economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans. Democrats, Republicans, Independents, EVERYONE!!
To all 435 voting members of congress and the 100 members of the US Senate
The majority of you are corrupt morons!

Consider your record and reflect on your performance:
a..The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775.r

You have had 246 years to get it right and it is broke.

Stamps cost .58 cents and they may be going up on November 10th to .60 cents

b.. Social Security was established in 1935.

You have had 86 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938.

You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d. The War on Poverty started in 1964.

You have had 57 years to get it right; it never went anywhere and you stole from our Social Security Fund. $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and you want more!

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.

You have had 56 years to get it right and they are broke.

f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970.

You have had 51 years to get it right and it is broke.

g. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before.

You had 44 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

h.. Currently, gasoline is at a record all time high and inflation is the highest it's been in 40 years!

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

We have a President that had 36 years of experience as a U.S. senator and 8 years as Vice- President. A President that promised to "Build Back Better", our current President is the epitome of a corrupt career politician! We elected an immoral, unethical freeloader that never had a plan except to live on the public dole, a scoundrel who bends the way the political winds blow and can't even finish a sentence without losing his train of thought. Not that he ever had an original thought!

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN ANYTHING??

Folks, keep this circulating. Maybe it will end up in the emails of some of our 'duly elected' (they never read anything) but maybe their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel. If you don't think we need to drain the swamp then you just don't plain think!

And please try to understand what's wrong.

We have lost our minds to corrupt career politicians and "Political Correctness"! Someone, please tell me what the HELL's wrong with the people that run this country! We are begging Venezuela for oil. We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless, etc.,???????????

In the last months, we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey. We are funding the world on climate change! And now NATO, Afghanistan, the Ukraine, and Pakistan...previous home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!! Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid as our southern borders are overrun by illegals

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc., etc. We can't take proper care of our citizens. However, Illegals get everything free!!! They are put up in hotels fed meal health care and cash. Imagine if the *Federal GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to illegals and other countries.

Sad isn't it? 99% of you people won't have the guts to forward this...

I'm one of the 1% -- I Just Did

The difference between genius and stupid is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 4:24pm   #2
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,615 Times in 13,605 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Soon to become the "company Store" run by the government.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 4:31pm   #3
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,657 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc., etc. We can't take proper care of our citizens. However, Illegals get everything free!!! They are put up in hotels fed meal health care and cash. Imagine if the *Federal GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to illegals and other countries.

And this ^ is exactly one reason why you never want to give government the authority to take care of people, citizens or otherwise. Welfare should only ever be a responsibility of private citizens.
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 4:39pm   #4
theandies
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.0%

Thanked 1,214 Times in 489 Posts

And this guy hasn't stepped foot into a Wal Mart or Target in I don't know how long. I go out of my way to NOT buy Chinese crap.

The reason they make so much off of idiots is when the idiots buy that Chinese crap box fan it only last a few months and if lucky a year. Then when it breaks they go back to Wal Mart and buy another crappy Chinese box fan and the cycle repeats.

I'll gladly pay 2x for something that will last longer than a year than keep paying for a cheap one over and over again. In the long run you actually save money.
theandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:50pm   #5
Patsgarage
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $884

Believe it or not I don't have a Walmart within 15 miles of my house.
Patsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:00am   #6
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 55.0%

Thanked 18,530 Times in 8,179 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsgarage View Post
Believe it or not I don't have a Walmart within 15 miles of my house.
I do... And it's this one:

dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:05am   #7
JetMechZ16
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 9,866 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $856744

I hate shopping at Wal-Mart. They do everything wrong where customer satisfaction is concerned. The only thing they get right is a slightly lower price.

I don't work for Wal-Mart so I'm not ringing up my groceries just to make a mistake and have them say I'm stealing from them.
JetMechZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:08am   #8
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,098 Times in 4,547 Posts

I only go to wm to check out the smokin' hot babes!!
Onebadcad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:13am   #9
Old Ben
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.7%

Thanked 14,791 Times in 5,871 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1014987

The closest Walmart to me is on the south side of town in a predomently minority neighborhood. There is always a police vehicle parked in front and a LEO inside in uniform.

A Kmart that was about 2 miles away had to close down because more merchandise was going out the back door than was going out the front.
Old Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:41am   #10
RMVette
A Real Barner
Activity: 31.7%

Thanked 21,798 Times in 9,153 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $311064

Walmart and big box home stores were/are the downfall of local mom and pop stores which had more proprietors than "worker bees" proud of providing a service to their local communities... my $.02 worth.
RMVette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:04pm   #11
Jughead
A Real Barner
Activity: 4.0%

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
I only go to wm to check out the smokin' hot babes!!

I only go for toilet paper and paper towels.
Jughead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:09pm   #12
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMVette View Post
Walmart and big box home stores were/are the downfall of local mom and pop stores which had more proprietors than "worker bees" proud of providing a service to their local communities... my $.02 worth.
This and the ever-increasing offering of chinese crap is all about price.
Most consumers place the highest priority on price, little else matters.
Many want 'Made in America' BUT only if the price is the same as imported, or a lesser price.
Knew a dood, owned a one-store pharmacy, joked that the big drug chains can sell product at a price below what he could buy it for.

I try to patronize family businesses and smaller chains, problem is other than restaurants, they cannot compete with the big guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Onebadcad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2022, 12:11pm   #13
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post

I only go for toilet paper and paper towels.
The wm is about 5 minutes from my house, I go there to dump, saves me a lot on tp and pt.
Old 09-27-2022, 1:12pm   #14
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 23,343 Times in 10,557 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by theandies View Post
And this guy hasn't stepped foot into a Wal Mart or Target in I don't know how long. I go out of my way to NOT buy Chinese crap.

The reason they make so much off of idiots is when the idiots buy that Chinese crap box fan it only last a few months and if lucky a year. Then when it breaks they go back to Wal Mart and buy another crappy Chinese box fan and the cycle repeats.

I'll gladly pay 2x for something that will last longer than a year than keep paying for a cheap one over and over again. In the long run you actually save money.
I have a couple of those Chinese box fans. One is over 10 years old and still going strong.

We are regular Walmart shoppers. Mater of fact we get most of our groceries from Walmart. And delivered to my door for almost nothing in cost. We pay 12 bux per month for as many deliveries as we want. (Of course we tip the drivers)

I love Walmart.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 1:58pm   #15
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,466 Times in 2,604 Posts

The only thing I buy at WM is motor oil. They have the best price/ selection of Mobil One.
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 1:59pm   #16
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272

My local WM is some type of super duper, everything under one roof, megalopolis store. It has urgent care, veterinary, eye doctor, and I don't know what all. It was one of the pilot stores to get the urgent care thing.

I don't go there. I will pay more and shop elsewhere or online. My problem with it is the size. They stuff the things you need and want to buy in one trip at every corner in the store to MAKE you walk the entire store. I know they are preying on impulse buyers that see crap and throw it in their buggy.

We also have a Dollar Store on about every corner! But, there is one that is larger than the others and I usually hit it up. Less crowded, lower footprint than WM, and every food item I have bought there is equal to Kroger or other major supermarkets. I was only disappointed one time in some food items.

I knew a rep. for a company that was trying to get their product in WM at one time. He said the negotiations were unreal. It was almost or was a money losing deal, but the company wanted to show cash flow or something that I didn't understand about big biz.

AND I DESPISE self checkout! They have 100 hundred self checkout registers and only one or two with a person to do it for you.

I avoid it. I may wonder in once every few yrs., but, that's it.

My brother is a diabetic and buys his insulin there. No other pharmacy can touch their prices on it. He even asked and was told their buying power from the pharm. company couldn't be matched by any other retailer.

Some love the place and others like me hate it. I can feel my anxiety level increase in the parking lot before going in. The people, the experience,etc...
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic