Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 1,610 Times in 761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $173
Default NY Times can suck a big....

C*&%

This pissed me off, ****ing asshole... I knew better than to read this turds column...and then to be too chickenshit to allow comments.

Quote:

by Paul Krugman

September 11, 2011, 8:41 am

The Years of Shame

Is it just me, or are the 9/11 commemorations oddly subdued?

Actually, I don’t think it’s me, and it’s not really that odd.

What happened after 9/11 — and I think even people on the right know this, whether they admit it or not — was deeply shameful. Te atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neocons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons.

A lot of other people behaved badly. How many of our professional pundits — people who should have understood very well what was happening — took the easy way out, turning a blind eye to the corruption and lending their support to the hijacking of the atrocity?

The memory of 9/11 has been irrevocably poisoned; it has become an occasion for shame. And in its heart, the nation knows it.

I’m not going to allow comments on this post, for obvious reasons
Link to this POS's column
PortDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:54am   #2
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,529 Times in 5,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

F!ck him the guy's a idiot.....

HE is one of the PROGRESSIVES that needs taken out back and shot.....

course it been ME as Prez, there would BE no more islam today....

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:24pm   #3
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 14,816 Times in 6,546 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746

What else do you expect in an OP/ED piece from the NY Times?

The only thing I pay any attention to from the NYT is the Sunday Crossword Puzzle which I am addicted to
99 pewtercoupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:37pm   #4
03SlowZ06
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100431

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
F!ck him the guy's a idiot.....

HE is one of the PROGRESSIVES that needs taken out back and shot.....

course it been ME as Prez, there would BE no more islam today....

What kind of medication are you on? Your responce is the wedge he is talking about. You are just as bad as he is. I don't agree with what he wrote but he is entitled to his opinion.

Also "no more Islam" ?? Why? You hold an entire group to blame for the actions of the few???? That also makes you the same as those few who attacked us. They blamed the whole for actions of the few.

You are entiled to your opinion like the rest of us just like I am. I just don't understand your thought process.

I am sure you guys are going to get on me about my reply or say I am trolling but I assure you my life will go on.

And to be clear. I am in the military, I have fought the few I spoke of, and lastly I have no political party, intrests, ect. I also do not vote.
03SlowZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:55pm   #5
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 1,610 Times in 761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $173

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SlowZ06 View Post
Also "no more Islam" ?? Why? You hold an entire group to blame for the actions of the few???? That also makes you the same as those few who attacked us. They blamed the whole for actions of the few.
You know, for a while I thought this way also....now, I believe they are complicit for a lack of policing their own. So yes, I blame the vast majority of them now.

They've had 10 years to fix the problem and have done very little to do so.

BTW, we both have EARNED the right to vote like few others....you really should man up, make political decisions based on sound logic and VOTE !
PortDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PortDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 1:16pm   #6
03SlowZ06
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortDawg View Post
You know, for a while I thought this way also....now, I believe they are complicit for a lack of policing their own. So yes, I blame the vast majority of them now.

BTW, we both have EARNED the right to vote like few others....you really should man up, make political decisions based on sound logic and VOTE !
It is not a matter of stepping up in my mind. I just can not seem to find solid ground with any of the candidates. I watch and listen, I just think its mostly crap. I am not the type to complain. I view it as so wrapped up in this party or that. You can not base it on the merrit of the man anymore. The president bends to his party, he no longer leads it.

I have earned no more right then every other joe on the street to vote. I couldn't serve someone food any better then they could send rounds down field. We serve a purpose just the same.
Old 09-11-2011, 1:35pm   #7
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
What kind of medication are you on? Your responce is the wedge he is talking about. You are just as bad as he is. I don't agree with what he wrote but he is entitled to his opinion.

They cheered that day ten years ago....in every islamic joint that counted....
so yes, it is a CULT, locked in mind set just like Jim Jones or Koresh in Waco a few years ago....mind control.....they know nothing different for some odd 1500 years now....damn few think like we do, and honestly, we don't have the time or money to sort them out.....

so we force them to do the sorting FOR us.....really quite simple......

You are entiled to your opinion like the rest of us just like I am. I just don't understand your thought process.

I deal with REALITY, leave the Full O Soap IC Kal krap for the useless professors in some 'university'

I am sure you guys are going to get on me about my reply or say I am trolling but I assure you my life will go on.

And to be clear. I am in the military, I have fought the few I spoke of, and lastly I have no political party, intrests, ect. I also do not vote.
Thank you for your service, and NOT voting......

Old 09-11-2011, 1:42pm   #8
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 12,529 Times in 5,848 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortDawg View Post

VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 1:43pm   #9
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
It is not a matter of stepping up in my mind. I just can not seem to find solid ground with any of the candidates. I watch and listen, I just think its mostly crap. I am not the type to complain. I view it as so wrapped up in this party or that. You can not base it on the merrit of the man anymore. The president bends to his party, he no longer leads it.

I have earned no more right then every other joe on the street to vote. I couldn't serve someone food any better then they could send rounds down field. We serve a purpose just the same.
The leadership of BOTH parties is totally dominated by the PROGRESSIVES.....

once you understand THAT shituation, you realize the basis of your frustrations with both parties.....

because it's a small difference between them....almost none, in fact....one adds or or less 'acceptable' verbiage to the discussion, the other is inflammatory as hell, always arguing for the commie bastard viewpoint....

Clowin/Piven, Alinsky.....

YOU need a political education, I had small benefit from my grade school daze of a 1/2 way decent American history lesson.....today, it's commie dominated CRAP all the way.....somehow I suspect you are less than 50 years old, and a victim of the commie take over in the so called 'Edjemakshunal establishment'.....time for you to dig up old history books from maybe 60 years ago.....

or how about some OEM documentation?? not some perfessers' opinion bread of total ignorance on HIS part.....

Old 09-11-2011, 2:07pm   #10
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.1%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,802 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:

You do not vote you have no right to bitch.

The muzzies it appears are more united in their loathing of infidels than just the ones that do blow up things and chop heads as a sport. You hardly find a muzzie that condemns their own. A lot of their masques are used for storage of war material and used for political indoctrination. Only the weak minds believe that there are more good muzzies than just the outspoken radicals.

Thank you for serving in the military. I too did my service time in the mid 60s and I have voted every phu*king election since I turned 21 (legal voting age back then). I feel I have my right to speak and bitch!
Due to all his bullshit I now nominate NY Governor Andy (Safe Act) Cuomo to be called Governor Moonbeam (EAST)
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 2:15pm   #11
03SlowZ06
Charter Member

Quote:
Thank you for your service, and NOT voting......

I assure you from what I have read from you your vote is not doing anyone any favors either. You are more then welcome to consider me some young dumb punk. However, I am some young dumb punk that may very well save your ass someday.

Quote:
The leadership of BOTH parties is totally dominated by the PROGRESSIVES.....

once you understand THAT shituation, you realize the basis of your frustrations with both parties.....

because it's a small difference between them....almost none, in fact....one adds or or less 'acceptable' verbiage to the discussion, the other is inflammatory as hell, always arguing for the commie bastard viewpoint....

Clowin/Piven, Alinsky.....

YOU need a political education, I had small benefit from my grade school daze of a 1/2 way decent American history lesson.....today, it's commie dominated CRAP all the way.....somehow I suspect you are less than 50 years old, and a victim of the commie take over in the so called 'Edjemakshunal establishment'.....time for you to dig up old history books from maybe 60 years ago.....

or how about some OEM documentation?? not some perfessers' opinion bread of total ignorance on HIS part.....

What is your definition of a progressive? Please feel free to teach me. I am well under 50 old man. Lets say closer to half that. Do I need to state my young dumb punk theory again?

As for my education I am not sure how that has anything to do with this conversation. I was infact brought up in a "classic" system. Classic also meaning arcaic. You have to be able to adapt to survive sir. Have you actually had these 60 year old books and the devil comie new text books side by side? Did I miss some spin the new color version put on our history? Also isn't that what you are saying that they do, and that it is wrong?

And you are welcome for my service. Don't worry you can slow fade into senility I will keep the boogy man bad guys from getting you the best I can.

Last edited by 03SlowZ06; 09-11-2011 at 2:26pm.
Old 09-11-2011, 2:22pm   #12
03SlowZ06
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
You do not vote you have no right to bitch.

The muzzies it appears are more united in their loathing of infidels than just the ones that do blow up things and chop heads as a sport. You hardly find a muzzie that condemns their own. A lot of their masques are used for storage of war material and used for political indoctrination. Only the weak minds believe that there are more good muzzies than just the outspoken radicals.

Thank you for serving in the military. I too did my service time in the mid 60s and I have voted every phu*king election since I turned 21 (legal voting age back then). I feel I have my right to speak and bitch!
Thank you aswell. Your service in the 60's I imagine is much more brutal then the current service. As I posted I am not bitching or complaining. I just choose not to judge an entire group as a whole. I believe every man should be given an un biased chance.
Old 09-11-2011, 2:36pm   #13
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
I assure you from what I have read from you your vote is not doing anyone any favors either. You are more then welcome to consider me some young dumb punk. However, I am some young dumb punk that may very well save your ass someday.

What is your definition of a progressive? Please feel free to teach me. I am well under 50 old man. Lets say closer to half that. Do I need to state my young dumb punk theory again?

As for my education I am not sure how that has anything to do with this conversation. I was infact brought up in a "classic" system. Classic also meaning arcaic. You have to be able to adapt to survive sir. Have you actually had these 60 year old books and the devil comie new text books side by side? Did I miss some spin the new color version put on our history? Also isn't that what you are saying that they do, and that it is wrong?

And you are welcome for my service. Don't worry you can slow fade into senility I will keep the boogy man bad guys from getting you the best I can.
I think for about TWO YEARS, Glen Beck spelled it out pretty good and clear enough for even a college indoctrinated 'student' to figger out.....

it became clear to me what was going on in DC, the town I grew UP IN, and what my commie profs at Univ/Maryland in College Park were up to.....

I lived the life, I watched it happen, time after time, through the screwed up 60's and early '70's thought those idiots would disappear with having a job....but not knowing their true job was in FACT the dissolution of American thought patterns, and indoctrination of the students via the Alinski and Cloward/Piven......Ayres....

which some commie/liberals/PROGRESSIVES try to discredit Beck, the man is correct....they attack HIM, but not what he said....

I highly recommend some homework, I can't do your assignments for you....

I would have to add, ALL college courses other than HARD SCIENCE, engineering, business, finance, economics should be cancelled...no more public funding......

especially LAW schools.....and LAWYERS should not be allowed to hold public office.....of ANY type....

The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 3:07pm   #14
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
GTMS ‘18

A little info on the current progressiver agenda.

Quote:
A Progressive Agenda for President Obama

Here is what President Obama should do to help the country and fight against a Republican take over of Congress. He must first declare a moratorium on any healthcare premium increases. While we wait for most of his healthcare reform to go into effect, insurance companies are jacking up their premiums and making a mockery of the idea of containing costs. These increases, sometimes over 30%, are killing businesses and hurting citizens. Meanwhile, another eight million people have joined the ranks of the uninsured this year.

The President should also impose a moratorium on foreclosures, and he must push for a new system to help people stay in their homes. The government has to oversee the re-negotiation of bad mortgages, and bankruptcy courts should be empowered to help keep people in their homes. A million people are now losing their houses each year, and the president has to make this a top priority.

Obama also needs to institute a job creation plan that will immediately fund a million jobs to rebuild America. These jobs have to be visible, and Obama should stress that instead of giving away $700 billion to the wealthiest Americans by continuing the Bush tax cuts, he will use the money to put Americans to work. He also needs to stress that the more people who are employed, the more we can pump up our economy through increased demand.

To help quell the deficit hawks, President Obama can get rid of most of the Bush tax cuts, and he should propose a plan to reduce our military budget by a significant amount. Part of this reduction can be related to decreasing our troops in Europe and Japan and drawing down our presence in Afghanastan.

Obama also needs to defend social security and medicare, and he can do this by showing how they are currently well funded, and by proposing to increase the amount that high earners pay into the plan. Instead of only taxing the first $106,000 of earnings, all earnings should be taxed at the 6% rate, and this should include wealth gained by capital gains. In fact, the best way to wean America off of its Wall Street gambling habit is to tax capital gains at the same rate as general income. Not only will this help to bring down the deficit, but it will also work to reduce the power and influence of financial institutions.

Obama should also stop the current move to demonize teachers, tenure, and unions by showing how most American public schools are doing a good job. The problem is that we have some very low performing schools that need to be restructured, and this can be done in conjunction with unions, but it will also require increased funding for schools in low-income areas.

Finally, Obama needs to come up with an economic strategy that protects American jobs. This could be done through a combination of subsidies for green technology companies and a tax for corporations that shift jobs abroad. Currently, China is not only making its good inexpensive by devaluing its own currency, but it is subsidizing its green businesses. In order to compete in this global economy, we shouldn't join the race to the bottom; instead, we need to grow jobs that offer fair wages and benefits.

If Obama promotes this type of progressive agenda, he will be able to bring back the people who supported him in the 2008 election. However, if the president fails to tackle these pressing issues, he will not only sink the Democrats, but he will also send the country in the wrong direction
Bob Samuels: A Progressive Agenda for President Obama

Coupled with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward%E2%80%93Piven_strategy
Quote:
The strategy

Cloward and Piven’s article is focused on forcing the Democratic Party, which in 1966 controlled the presidency and both houses of the United States Congress, to take federal action to help the poor. They stated that full enrollment of those eligible for welfare “would produce bureaucratic disruption in welfare agencies and fiscal disruption in local and state governments” that would “deepen existing divisions among elements in the big-city Democratic coalition: the remaining white middle class, the working-class ethnic groups and the growing minority poor. To avoid a further weakening of that historic coalition, a national Democratic administration would be constrained to advance a federal solution to poverty that would override local welfare failures, local class and racial conflicts and local revenue dilemmas.”[3] They wrote:

The ultimate objective of this strategy—to wipe out poverty by establishing a guaranteed annual income—will be questioned by some. Because the ideal of individual social and economic mobility has deep roots, even activists seem reluctant to call for national programs to eliminate poverty by the outright redistribution of income.[3]

Michael Reisch and Janice Andrews wrote that Cloward and Piven "proposed to create a crisis in the current welfare system – by exploiting the gap between welfare law and practice – that would ultimately bring about its collapse and replace it with a system of guaranteed annual income. They hoped to accomplish this end by informing the poor of their rights to welfare assistance, encouraging them to apply for benefits and, in effect, overloading an already overburdened bureaucracy."[4]
Old 09-11-2011, 3:35pm   #15
03SlowZ06
Charter Member

Quote:
I think for about TWO YEARS, Glen Beck spelled it out pretty good and clear enough for even a college indoctrinated 'student' to figger out.....
I don't want Glen Beck's opinion. I was asking for yours. Do you have your own, non-regurgitated, opinion? If you are going to teach me something, teach me something of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
A little info on the current progressiver agenda.
This is also very good information. I will take the time to read everything, but again. I want your personal views. Do you think this is happening? Have you seen it first hand?
Old 09-11-2011, 5:19pm   #16
mrvette
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
I don't want Glen Beck's opinion. I was asking for yours. Do you have your own, non-regurgitated, opinion? If you are going to teach me something, teach me something of yours.

This is also very good information. I will take the time to read everything, but again. I want your personal views. Do you think this is happening? Have you seen it first hand?
LOOK< I lived in the DC region from pretty much birth to age 53, I always wondered what drove the political UNdynamic in the national discourse.....

and so due to college profs being in the bucket for the PROGRESSIVES and the constant barrage of liberal/commie/PROGRESSIVE beliefs over the entire media strata I was wondering what was wrong.....

but when the TRUTH came out, that in fact the whole political concept is about CONTROL, and the VERY wealthy....meaning brazzilianiares like Mellon, Rockefeller, Rothschild, DuPont, Ford, and countless others want total domination and control....a human trait dating back to the local Prince/King/Duke what EVER they could muster outta the farmers to effectively enable political control over their region/dominion....

NOW take THAT asspect of human nature, and combine it with modern tech from telephone to computer and instant satellite communications....and you
get a huge conflict between the more common citizen and the UBER: rich

get it now?? if not, I can esplain further, Lucy.....

Old 09-11-2011, 6:41pm   #17
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
GTMS ‘18

Quote:

I am 100% against the current welfare entitlement state. Rewarding failure e in any form, private or corporate , is a cancer that destroys a society.

I have been up close and personal with welfare recipients. I have not found one that I would piss on if they were on fire. All were sucking off the teat of hard working Americans.

I have worked in the defense industry and seen the corruptions there as well.

The founding father KNEW that government itself was the problem. Once it gets into too many facets of people lives then it becomes too powerful and too corrupt.

We have all seen ACRON and others flooding the system with new members of the entitlement class and the new HC law. Are are part of the CP strategy to make the current government of the USA fail so a progressive ( IE Communist) stype of government can be in place. Their Mantra is " It has to be Fair" or " We feel their pain".

There is no fair. There is no equitable. The basic nature of man is to take what each can. Progressive deny that. And in turn embrace it with new cover.
The Following User Says Thank You to VITE1 For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion