Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2010, 4:13pm   #1
Munch
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #00
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2041885
Default Is Glen Beck for real?

I sometimes go to peoples houses and they have Beck on and some of the stuff he says is, oh I dunno, radical. He is on right now telling a story about George Washington and crying as he tells it.

My dog is more interested in politics than I am so forgive me if Beck isn't actually radical but it was the first word that came to mind.

Some minor tweaks here and there.
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 4:35pm   #2
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

oh he's for real, all right. there are legions of people that hang on his every word as if he were JC Himself. John Stewart nails him.
Old 05-07-2010, 6:35pm   #3
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 1,610 Times in 761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $173

Okay, the guy gets choked up about his country so you and that douchebag on HBO think he's a idiot.

Well, I get choked up when I hear the National Anthem, TAPS and the AF Song. Does that make me an idiot too?

Just because someone doesn't believe the things you do and gets emotional about things he sees as being done wrong to his country doesn't make him wrong. He isn't always right and John Stewart has shown his ass more than once. And don't get me going on Maher.

Argue about Becks stories. That is, if you can. Is he an idiot for his display of patriotism?

I'm just sayin......
We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.( T.Roosevelt)
PortDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 7:39pm   #4
71corv
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1383

Well said, Jim. I agree with you assessment, 100%.

Gene
71corv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 8:10pm   #5
Munch
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #00

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2041885

I never said he was an idiot, I said he seems a bit radical and wondered if he was real. I also added that I honestly don't know if what he is talking about is true or not as I don't follow politics. Let me also add that I said he is on in some customers homes I go to which means I hear snippets of his show in the background while I am working which hardly makes me qualified to argue his opinions or even semi-knowledgable of what those opinions may be other than the fact that he is obviously unhappy with the current state of things.

Some minor tweaks here and there.
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 8:23pm   #6
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
I never said he was an idiot, I said he seems a bit radical and wondered if he was real. I also added that I honestly don't know if what he is talking about is true or not as I don't follow politics. Let me also add that I said he is on in some customers homes I go to which means I hear snippets of his show in the background while I am working which hardly makes me qualified to argue his opinions or even semi-knowledgable of what those opinions may be other than the fact that he is obviously unhappy with the current state of things.
The thing I respect about him is he backs up what he says... I don't ALWAYS agree with his assessment. And yeah he can get on a tangent but how many other reporters on TV can get a White House staffer replaced as quickly as he did.

He seems to have his facts straight most of the time. I'd like to hear people argue facts and not emotions. But it seems that political debate right now is an emotional not a factual event these days.
We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.( T.Roosevelt)
Old 05-08-2010, 9:16am   #7
DaveK88
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1510990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
I didn't know you could dance that good.
DaveK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 1:11pm   #8
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

he's not an idiot. he knows exactly what he's doing. I liken him to Robert Tilton or Jim Baker or some other televangelist. he's got people crying & screaming & hating right along with him & all the while he's making $$ hand over fist for him & his ultimate boss Rupert Murdoch. all this hating & systematic "Boogey Man" talk coming at a time when our nation needs to unify instead of divide even further than we are. Beck says "I'm just a rodeo clown" when he knows better. he knows he has a powerful influence over his audience & he plays them like a finely tuned fiddle. we have a record number of home grown militias [like Huatree] & a record number of death threats against the POTUS. think about that. that says a lot about our society. Beck says "Obama is a racist & he hates white people" without offering proof. Beck says on the subject of FEMA camps [you know the ones where the government is going to round us all up like cattle after they disarm us] "I can't prove they don't exist....I've tried, but I just can't." yeah, sure Glen..... he went into the hospital for a 'rhoid operation. after the operation he's at home & saying "we have the worst health care in the world." a couple of months later [when it's politically valuable to him] he says "we have the best health care in the world" come on people. you can't be this naive.
Old 05-08-2010, 1:43pm   #9
iluvmyvettes
Vette Barn Crew

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
he's not an idiot. he knows exactly what he's doing. I liken him to Robert Tilton or Jim Baker or some other televangelist. he's got people crying & screaming & hating right along with him & all the while he's making $$ hand over fist for him & his ultimate boss Rupert Murdoch. all this hating & systematic "Boogey Man" talk coming at a time when our nation needs to unify instead of divide even further than we are. Beck says "I'm just a rodeo clown" when he knows better. he knows he has a powerful influence over his audience & he plays them like a finely tuned fiddle. we have a record number of home grown militias [like Huatree] & a record number of death threats against the POTUS. think about that. that says a lot about our society. Beck says "Obama is a racist & he hates white people" without offering proof. Beck says on the subject of FEMA camps [you know the ones where the government is going to round us all up like cattle after they disarm us] "I can't prove they don't exist....I've tried, but I just can't." yeah, sure Glen..... he went into the hospital for a 'rhoid operation. after the operation he's at home & saying "we have the worst health care in the world." a couple of months later [when it's politically valuable to him] he says "we have the best health care in the world" come on people. you can't be this naive.
Great post! 'Couldn't have said it better, James!
iluvmyvettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iluvmyvettes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2010, 2:00pm   #10
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15

Quote:
Beck says "Obama is a racist & he hates white people" without offering proof. Beck says on the subject of FEMA camps [you know the ones where the government is going to round us all up like cattle after they disarm us] "I can't prove they don't exist....I've tried, but I just can't." yeah, sure Glen..... he went into the hospital for a 'rhoid operation. after the operation he's at home & saying "we have the worst health care in the world." a couple of months later [when it's politically valuable to him] he says "we have the best health care in the world" come on people. you can't be this naive.
Got video links to back this up? I'm willing to listen. If Beck says it, there is video to back this up someplace right?
Old 05-08-2010, 2:18pm   #11
Lowcash
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2827

'Obama Has A Deep-Seated Hatred For White People'
Old 05-08-2010, 2:24pm   #12
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

FEMA Camps- second video: Glenn Beck: Who? Me? Spread baseless FEMA concentration camp conspiracy theories? | Crooks and Liars Obama hates white people:
on his surgery & health care: http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/08/...h-care-system/

Last edited by Z06PDQ; 05-08-2010 at 2:29pm.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 2:31pm   #13
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15

If you look at the context it was said, I understand what he meant. He has SOME valid points that need to be brought up.

Do I think the President is a racist, no. Could things he says and the people he surrounds himself with be seen as "questionable"? Yes also.

If I surrounded myself with a type of people, and hired them to work for me and attended church with them, would other people see me as the same type of person?

Guilt by association, right or wrong?
Old 05-08-2010, 2:35pm   #14
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortDawg View Post
If you look at the context it was said, I understand what he meant. He has SOME valid points that need to be brought up.

Do I think the President is a racist, no. Could things he says and the people he surrounds himself with be seen as "questionable"? Yes also.

If I surrounded myself with a type of people, and hired them to work for me and attended church with them, would other people see me as the same type of person?

what has the president said that makes you say he could possibly be a racist?
Old 05-08-2010, 2:42pm   #15
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15

Quote:

RIF.

Jeremiah Wright
Mark Lloyd
Eric Holder
Old 05-08-2010, 2:59pm   #16
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
RIF.

Jeremiah Wright
Mark Lloyd
Eric Holder
RIF.....what has Obama said??
Old 05-08-2010, 3:00pm   #17
iluvmyvettes
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
what has the president said that makes you say he could possibly be a racist?
Not a thing! And that's the problem, James. Too many people let other people do their thinking for them.
Old 05-08-2010, 3:01pm   #18
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyvettes View Post
Not a thing! And that's the problem, James. Too many people let other people do their thinking for them.
that's where Beckles the Rodeo Clown comes in,Mike.
Old 05-08-2010, 3:05pm   #19
iluvmyvettes
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
that's where Beckles the Rodeo Clown comes in,Mike.
And he's milking it all the way to the bank, yet they call us Sheeple!!
Old 05-08-2010, 3:17pm   #20
iluvmyvettes
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:

That is, if you can. Is he an idiot for his display of patriotism?

Don't confuse his display of "patriotism" for his display of capitalism. I'd hold off on erecting that statue for now. If CNN made him a better offer I'm sure he'd jump over to them again, and then he'd be crying about what a great president Obama is!

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion