Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2018, 9:26pm   #61
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,427 Times in 17,233 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

So. OP.....after all this drama, whatcha gonna do with the Exploder?

Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 5:10pm   #62
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,971 Times in 2,427 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
I don't know about Texas, but that wouldn't work in my state. We have to fill out paperwork with the DMV releasing our liability in the vehicle when we sell it. That paperwork included information about the buyer. Don't do the paperwork and you are still responsible for the vehicle.

You can actually do it online now. When I sold my '73, the buyer was actually from Australia, but he had a local address (family). I just had him fill out the section of the pink slip to be mailed in and then entered that data online instead...then printed out a 'receipt' from the CA DMV. He paid cash, I entered release of liability online and have proof, not much more to be done. Pretty easy actually.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 5:24pm   #63
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post

You can actually do it online now. When I sold my '73, the buyer was actually from Australia, but he had a local address (family). I just had him fill out the section of the pink slip to be mailed in and then entered that data online instead...then printed out a 'receipt' from the CA DMV. He paid cash, I entered release of liability online and have proof, not much more to be done. Pretty easy actually.
When California first computerized the DMV it was a real mess for years. It now works very well and I use their website all the time. That or I go to AAA.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 7:39pm   #64
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 3,855 Times in 2,220 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
I don't know about Texas, but that wouldn't work in my state. We have to fill out paperwork with the DMV releasing our liability in the vehicle when we sell it. That paperwork included information about the buyer. Don't do the paperwork and you are still responsible for the vehicle.
I hadn't thought beyond the fact that it does not move under its own power and is likely too expensive for a hustler to repair, or that here in Georgia it is NOT title exempt so there is no possibility of anyone obtaining a legal registration without the paper.

I guess if it were made whole someone might affix a stolen or counterfeit plate or something...
markids77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 7:42pm   #65
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
I hadn't thought beyond the fact that it does not move under its own power and is likely too expensive for a hustler to repair, or that here in Georgia it is NOT title exempt so there is no possibility of anyone obtaining a legal registration without the paper.

I guess if it were made whole someone might affix a stolen or counterfeit plate or something...
Even if someone towed it home and parked it on the street and it got a parking ticket Snik would get the ticket in the mail.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2018, 9:21pm   #66
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Sell it and make money off of the money. Think IRA or 401k, although you probably can't do a 401k unless you had a job where you already have one.
That's all I'm saying.
I know that it is part of your identity, but like I said before, desperate times call for desperate measures.
And this is what I keep telling you - why do you insist on assuming things are desperate? This fundamental assumption is the basis for your advice.

I never said things were desperate. Tough? Sure. Life is tough. Desperate? A long way from desperate.

Again, if you had true insight into my life, you would see this type of challenge is low on the scale. You've had a damn good life if you see a situation like this as "desperate".

And you know what they say about making assumptions...
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 9:33pm   #67
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
So. OP.....after all this drama, whatcha gonna do with the Exploder?

It's "make me an offer" on CL - (none yet ) right now - probably donate or have a junk yard pick it up.

I'm not sure how to deal with the title and transfer in that scenario. I did donate a vehicle about 10 years ago - but don't remember what the process was. I'm sure the donation entity knows what to do.

It's really too bad. Great truck. It was pretty funny last night using it for the gig. It was packed to the gills.

We've looked at three cars already - I expect we'll have the first car by next week. Then we will likely have the business likely buy a 5 year old vehicle with 60-70K miles on it.

That's the apex of depreciation. Lots of decent vehicles in that range. We will likely finance part of it to minimize cash outlay. Then likely pay it off faster as things get back to normal in terms of cash flow.

The entire challenge really is cash flow. It's been unsteady for about 5 years from medical crap. But it is getting better. It's a slow process. Self employment is not for the impatient.

As long as I can drive around it, getting rid of the Exploder is not priority. Getting the boy's car is first.

One thing I didn't mention is that part of the challenge is that my current credit union is cancelling all of it's commercial products. We've been operating with no line of credit for while.

I'm getting set up with a new bank for the company so I'm going to wait until that is settled before seeking any financing or whatever. The bank is extending me a line of credit and a high limit credit card.

Again, something only a business owner would understand. It's all cash plus timing.

They are a big CU - but only had 11 commercial accounts! WTF. We were one of them. What are the odds?
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic