Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2020, 12:12pm   #141
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
True that.
The dude condoned an old man touching other children affectionately.

Sick ****.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 12:22pm   #142
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,243 Times in 17,596 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post

That's all the Trumpholes can come up with at this point, other than unconstitutional distractions.

Keep grasping for straws Bill.

Where the fk are the cops?

WATCHING
They showed up in Chicago this weekend though.
Honestly, which group would you rather have come to your neighborhood? The Biden supporters who have been terrorizing cities, or the Trump supporters who come to clean up those cities.

https://www.prweb.com/releases/thank...eb16750608.htm

Quote:
CHICAGO (PRWEB) November 26, 2019

Chicago residents have something extra to be grateful for this Thanksgiving season. Illinois State Senate candidate Tom Mccullagh joined activist and dedicated supporter of President Trump Scott Presler to pick up 20 tons of trash in a disadvantaged Chicago neighborhood, just one of many cities Pressler has donated his time and efforts to improving.

With 250 volunteers and plenty of warnings to not visit that Chicago area, both Presler and Mccullagh brought a positive attitude and led by example, which sparked joy throughout all Chicago residents who witnessed their efforts. Residents even began to join in and some even donated trash bags as Presler and Mccullagh engaged with the homeless community.

Speaking with Next News Network’s Gary Franchi Tom Mccullagh said, “One lady walked up and she’s like ‘You know, nobody ever does anything!’ and then she starts walking and picking up trash and then one other person followed, then we had a few guys go ahead and they were using rakes, and they’re raking out the gutters into piles, that was making it easier for us to pick up. It was a nice little team effort.”

In another example of the community joining in Presler told Franchi, “One woman, was driving and picking up all the trash that we had picked up to take it to the dumpsters and she said ‘I got a donation for you’ and she donated trash bags to us.”

Both, Presler and Mccullagh appeared on the Next News Network for discussion with lead anchor Gary Franchi on the best way to bring suffering communities back to life.

Alongside South Side’s pastor Corey Brooks, Presler and Mccullagh were able to witness the improvements #ProjectHOOD that focuses on vocational programs to help the less privileged lift themselves out of poverty, as Pressler said, “What pastor Corey Brooks is doing, is actually investing in the people of Chicago.”
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 2:51pm   #143
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 23.9%

Thanked 7,256 Times in 3,214 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
You didn't sign the paper. Trump did. He was excused for a medical issue. A lame medical issue? Perhaps. But he signed the paper. He showed up. You didn't.

Ummmm, I think you need to check your facts on that one. Trump was never "excused" from the draft. When he got his diagnosis of bone spurs, it changed his draft status from 1-A, first in line to be drafted, to 1-Y, which meant he had a medical issue. If he had been drafted, he likely would not have been chosen for combat infantry because of his status, but he was still available to be drafted with a "1" status.

Donald J. Trump did not serve in the military during the Viet Nam war for two reasons, as follows:

1. He did not volunteer for military service.

2. His draft lottery number was 350, so there was no way on God's green Earth he was going to be drafted.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 4:39pm   #144
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Minneapolis 5th precinct damaged after rocks, paint thrown

The Minneapolis Police Department reported a peaceful protest marching toward the 5th Precinct on Saturday escalated and resulted in the precinct sustaining damages. According to Minneapolis police, at 10:10 p.m., officers witnessed 50 to 60 people marching towards 3100 block of Nicollet Avenue South. Police said the march was peaceful, but once the group arrived at the precinct, rocks were thrown and a window had sustained damage from the incident. The group had also begun to throw paint on the building and cameras, said police. According to officers, commercial-grade fireworks were shot at the officers, but no officers were injured. Other officers were called in to assist, but the group fled before officers could stage and arrive.

Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo made a statement regarding the incident
“Last night, individuals marched to the Minneapolis Police Department’s 5th Precinct and proceeded to vandalize the exterior of the building and target officers with commercial grade fireworks. This unlawful and senseless behavior will not be tolerated.

This stupid ****ing chimp. How many arrests were made last night boy?
ZERO.
Not ONE.
What. Nobody home? At a police precinct?

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/5th-...5829477/?cat=1
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 4:51pm   #145
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 5:01pm   #146
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 84.5%

Thanked 15,648 Times in 5,482 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

Quote:
In 1866, one year after the 13 Amendment was ratified (the amendment that ended slavery), Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina began to lease out convicts for labor (peonage). This made the business of arresting Blacks very lucrative, which is why hundreds of White men were hired by these states as police officers. Their primary responsibility was to search out and arrest Blacks who were in violation of Black Codes. Once arrested, these men, women and children would be leased to plantations where they would harvest cotton, tobacco, sugar cane. Or they would be leased to work at coal mines, or railroad companies. The owners of these businesses would pay the state for every prisoner who worked for them; prison labor.

It is believed that after the passing of the 13th Amendment, more than 800,000 Blacks were part of the system of peonage, or re-enslavement through the prison system. Peonage didn’t end until after World War II began, around 1940.

This is how it happened.

The 13th Amendment declared that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction." (Ratified in 1865)

Did you catch that? It says, “neither slavery nor involuntary servitude could occur except as a punishment for a crime". Lawmakers used this phrase to make petty offenses crimes. When Blacks were found guilty of committing these crimes, they were imprisoned and then leased out to the same businesses that lost slaves after the passing of the 13th Amendment. This system of convict labor is called peonage.

The majority of White Southern farmers and business owners hated the 13th Amendment because it took away slave labor. As a way to appease them, the federal government turned a blind eye when southern states used this clause in the 13th Amendment to establish laws called Black Codes. Here are some examples of Black Codes:

In Louisiana, it was illegal for a Black man to preach to Black congregations without special permission in writing from the president of the police. If caught, he could be arrested and fined. If he could not pay the fines, which were unbelievably high, he would be forced to work for an individual, or go to jail or prison where he would work until his debt was paid off.

If a Black person did not have a job, he or she could be arrested and imprisoned on the charge of vagrancy or loitering.

This next Black Code will make you cringe. In South Carolina, if the parent of a Black child was considered vagrant, the judicial system allowed the police and/or other government agencies to “apprentice” the child to an "employer". Males could be held until the age of 21, and females could be held until they were 18. Their owner had the legal right to inflict punishment on the child for disobedience, and to recapture them if they ran away.

This (peonage) is an example of systemic racism - Racism established and perpetuated by government systems. Slavery was made legal by the U.S. Government. Segregation, Black Codes, Jim Crow and peonage were all made legal by the government, and upheld by the judicial system. These acts of racism were built into the system, which is where the term “Systemic Racism” is derived.

This is the part of "Black History" that most of us were never told about.
Attached Images

Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Red L98. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 5:26pm   #147
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 83.9%

Thanked 18,930 Times in 8,396 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
What. Nobody home? At a police precinct?
SOP in 2020 seems to be to abandon police facilities to any looters and thugs who happen to be in the area.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 5:52pm   #148
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Thomas, question.....as our favorite, and most venerated libtard here, the one we all like, has your opinion changed now that you are getting to see your fellow liberals doing their thing? In other words, do you still feel like you are part of the club, or do you feel like maybe somewhere along the way, you made a wrong turn to Albuquerque? Didn't you say you actually drove through MPLS and saw it for yourself and had some random person yell at you? Did that 'inform your thinking?'
I've always considered myself liberal minded and probably always will. Have my opinions changed in light of current events? Am I now suddenly hanging posters of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity next to Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen?Hell no.

What I do think is this mess has exposed the true nature of both sides of the isle. We all know what the extreme Left agenda is. We see it daily in the tearing down of statues, rioting and looting and even changing the names of sports teams.

But what of the Right? What have you done? (Not you personally) Piss and moan on social media? Talk tough on random automobile forums? If I've seen it once I've seen it a hundred times - Some redneck flying the Trump flag loud and proud wearing the 'Merica! **** Yeah!' T-Shirt. If I'm the Marmalade Moron the last thing I'd want is this group lobbying on my behalf. All it does, ALL it does is drive that wedge further in.

I encourage peaceful protests and feel the black community had every right to be pissed off at the death of George Floyd. That being said, you pick up that first rock and throw it in anger at a person, or business? Expect heavy consequences to befall you. But march to your hearts content. Pound signs in your yard. Paint your car black for all I care. But damage ONE piece of property on behalf of your cause? Suffer the consequences.

There are no politicians that represent me these days. Not one. It's unfortunate we can't sit down and have a real dialog about all this because the minute the subject is broached, the radical Left screams "RACIST!"

And this woman who attempted to thwart my visit to Cup Foods where Floyd died? **** her. Public street in Minneapolis.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 6:16pm   #149
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 84.5%

Thanked 15,648 Times in 5,482 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

Quote:
I've always considered myself liberal minded and probably always will. Have my opinions changed in light of current events? Am I now suddenly hanging posters of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity next to Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen?Hell no.

What I do think is this mess has exposed the true nature of both sides of the isle. We all know what the extreme Left agenda is. We see it daily in the tearing down of statues, rioting and looting and even changing the names of sports teams.

But what of the Right? What have you done? (Not you personally) Piss and moan on social media? Talk tough on random automobile forums? If I've seen it once I've seen it a hundred times - Some redneck flying the Trump flag loud and proud wearing the 'Merica! **** Yeah!' T-Shirt. If I'm the Marmalade Moron the last thing I'd want is this group lobbying on my behalf. All it does, ALL it does is drive that wedge further in.

I encourage peaceful protests and feel the black community had every right to be pissed off at the death of George Floyd. That being said, you pick up that first rock and throw it in anger at a person, or business? Expect heavy consequences to befall you. But march to your hearts content. Pound signs in your yard. Paint your car black for all I care. But damage ONE piece of property on behalf of your cause? Suffer the consequences.

There are no politicians that represent me these days. Not one. It's unfortunate we can't sit down and have a real dialog about all this because the minute the subject is broached, the radical Left screams "RACIST!"

And this woman who attempted to thwart my visit to Cup Foods where Floyd died? **** her. Public street in Minneapolis.
Very well said sir. I couldn’t agree more.
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Red L98. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 6:31pm   #150
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:

Note to self: Buy posters of Limbaugh and Hannity to put on the wall next to my Reagan, Ron Paul and Trump posters. My Farrah Fawcett and Heather Locklear posters will still have their own separate wall, though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 7:04pm   #151
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Some redneck flying the Trump flag loud and proud....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 7:24pm   #152
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,557 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:

Dunno man, you sound pretty conservative to me.....

What have I done? I vote. In every election. As for elected Republicans, most have been shitty. It's like they don't even fight for what they believe in. They seem to be in it happy to be the weak dick opposition to the left. Content as the constant losers. They don't like Trump because he is in it to win it. Every time. He has accomplished shit outside of politics in the private sector. Is he elegant and well-spoken. Hell no, but that is every developer I have known over the years. You don't build a basement, let alone a shopping mall or skyscraper, by being a *****. Contractors are crude mother****ers and won't respect you if you come across like a school principal. Besides, it's not like any of us are going to spend time with him anyways, so I don't care if I like him or not. He gets shit done. And the rest of Washington hates it because it is wrecking their honey hole.

Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 9:17pm   #153
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Dunno man, you sound pretty conservative to me.....

What have I done? I vote. In every election. As for elected Republicans, most have been shitty. It's like they don't even fight for what they believe in. They seem to be in it happy to be the weak dick opposition to the left. Content as the constant losers. They don't like Trump because he is in it to win it. Every time. He has accomplished shit outside of politics in the private sector. Is he elegant and well-spoken. Hell no, but that is every developer I have known over the years. You don't build a basement, let alone a shopping mall or skyscraper, by being a *****. Contractors are crude mother****ers and won't respect you if you come across like a school principal. Besides, it's not like any of us are going to spend time with him anyways, so I don't care if I like him or not. He gets shit done. And the rest of Washington hates it because it is wrecking their honey hole.

I’d agree with this but my biggest issue with Trump is his ego. Without question a person needs a healthy ego to accomplish what he has. But he is incapable of letting the smallest of attacks pass without taking the fight to Twitter.

When you hear people complaining about Trump not being particularly ‘Presidential’ I think this would be Exhibit A.
Old 08-16-2020, 9:30pm   #154
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,557 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
I’d agree with this but my biggest issue with Trump is his ego. Without question a person needs a healthy ego to accomplish what he has. But he is incapable of letting the smallest of attacks pass without taking the fight to Twitter.

When you hear people complaining about Trump not being particularly ‘Presidential’ I think this would be Exhibit A.
I don't think he is anymore egotistical than most other presidents in our lifetime. Could you imagine Nixon if twitter was a thing back then.....

I am ambivalent about Trump's twitter use. It does allow him to communicate without the filter of the press, but I could do without some of the feuds from it. However, like it or not, it has been very effective for him and to Trump that is what counts. Like I said, he isn't elegant.

As for "Presidential", I'm not one for fake shit, or more properly, pomp & circumstance, so I really don't care about him being presidential or not. To me, it's about getting shit done. Years ago when I started in the car business working for a friend of mine, he said something that stuck with me: I'd rather be ****ed and selling cars than doing things perfectly and not selling them.
Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 7:14am   #155
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 8,447 Times in 4,268 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:

I agree-some things he needs to let sort themselves out. My biggest gripe is his inability to hire anyone out of the DC area.

He also ran with some greasy sleazy people prior to becoming president. I'm confident in his ability, but not his ability to find talent.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 7:31am   #156
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,340 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
I’d agree with this but my biggest issue with Trump is his ego. Without question a person needs a healthy ego to accomplish what he has.
But he is incapable of letting the smallest of attacks pass without taking the fight to Twitter.

He loses me there too.
Personally I thinks it's petty.
Nobody is perfect, and a few members right here are tossing stones in their glass house.

But no matter how you slice the pie or what fake news site you link a story from; Trump is far better than what we had the last 8 years, and eons better than what he's currently running against.

My wish that all .gov employees would get back to work and spend all that hate and negative energy on good for our country.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 7:40am   #157
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 9.7%

Thanked 11,619 Times in 5,731 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
I agree-some things he needs to let sort themselves out. My biggest gripe is his inability to hire anyone out of the DC area.

He also ran with some greasy sleazy people prior to becoming president. I'm confident in his ability, but not his ability to find talent.
VERY TUFF to find any decent/honest/effective folks to work in the DC region for the typical 200 grand+ salary levels.......WHEN they can make 10X that on the outside, some of them even tele-commuting.....
mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 8:27am   #158
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 10,608 Times in 6,384 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Add another to the Swamp.
I just couldn't make this stuff up myself... Unbelievable.

Trump reportedly pushing new unproven coronavirus treatment that is also embraced by HUD Sec. Ben Carson and MyPillow's Mike Lindell

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rep...015618012.html

Mike Lindell has a stake in the company that produces the drug.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 9:07am   #159
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
Interesting historical article, what's the point? What does that have to do with anything? Why wasn't this an issue between 2009-2016? Why is this germane in 2020 when it wasn't before?
Old 08-17-2020, 9:13am   #160
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,340 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Add another to the Swamp.
I just couldn't make this stuff up myself... Unbelievable.

Trump reportedly pushing new unproven coronavirus treatment that is also embraced by HUD Sec. Ben Carson and MyPillow's Mike Lindell

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rep...015618012.html

I disagree Peetee...you believe it 100%.

From your linked article:
  • Trump reportedly
  • Trump expressed interest
  • Axios reported
  • the official told Axios.
  • Axios reported Sunday.
  • Trump "basically said
  • The Washington Post reported
  • according to the Axios report
  • senior administration official
  • the official told Axios.
  • full story at Axios
    followed by:
    Read the original article on Business Insider

All these unnamed officials and spokespersons, but you cannot provide one link of a video where these are actually said.

You post yahoo! articles as facts and they are stories, from other stories, from other stories, etc...
Remember the yahoo! news koi fish story?...or Coveninton Catholic?
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic