Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2011, 12:38pm   #81
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 8,658 Times in 2,908 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander View Post
These arguments are always my favorite...
Actually, these threads are always my favorite.

Bunch of know-it-alls and holier-than-thou's who make assumptions without being there (e.g. "putting innocent lives at risk"...Oh! The Horror! ) and who have also have never done anything wrong (because, as current or former Corvette owners, we NEVER "punch the gas" right? ).

Nothing wrong with favoring someone's point of view...popular or not...especially when it's correct. Am I supposed to pull over every time I see a red light go on? I don't think so. Until a squad car comes up behind me specifically with red lights on, I ain't stoppin'. And anyone who does is a fool.

It's a particularly disgusting fact that speeding tickets are, primarily, used to raise revenue and not to encourage or promote traffic safety. And anyone who seriously thinks otherwise, or who thinks that by avoiding a ticket, Tabu somehow cheated the system and endangered lives, should be applauded for THEIR ignorance and stupidity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 12:46pm   #82
lander
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.1%

Thanked 1,530 Times in 799 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post

Bunch of know-it-alls and holier-than-thou's who make assumptions without being there (e.g. "putting innocent lives at risk"...Oh! The Horror! ) and who have also have never done anything wrong (because, as current or former Corvette owners, we NEVER "punch the gas" right? ).

Nothing wrong with favoring someone's point of view...popular or not...especially when it's correct. Am I supposed to pull over every time I see a red light go on? I don't think so. Until a squad car comes up behind me specifically with red lights on, I ain't stoppin'. And anyone who does is a fool.

It's a particularly disgusting fact that speeding tickets are, primarily, used to raise revenue and not to encourage or promote traffic safety. And anyone who seriously thinks otherwise, or who thinks that by avoiding a ticket, Tabu somehow cheated the system and endangered lives, should be applauded for THEIR ignorance and stupidity.
The difference, Mr. IC, is we don't come on public forums and brag about doing stupid shit and think it's cute.

I guaran-damn-tee you, if you were ever out doing stupid shit in your car and hit the car that anyone in my family was driving, you'd better f'ing hope the cops get there before I do, because I'll put one between your eyes and deal with the consequences.

As for the rest, well, clearly you know best. I think it's clear who is ignorant and stupid...and it ain't me or those that think like me.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:49pm   #83
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,029 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1112489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post

Punching the gas is one thing. Punching the gas to run from a policeman who you think is trying to pull you over is quite another. And the OP is the one who posted that she "evaded the cops."
Old 10-25-2011, 12:55pm   #84
lander
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.1%

Thanked 1,530 Times in 799 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921

Oh...and about your comment regarding you not pulling over for emergency vehicles unless they're directly behind you...sorry, that's not the law in Texas:

Quote:
Sec. 545.156. VEHICLE APPROACHED BY AUTHORIZED EMERGENCY VEHICLE. (a) On the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle using audible and visual signals that meet the requirements of Sections 547.305 and 547.702, or of a police vehicle lawfully using only an audible signal, an operator, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, shall:
(1) yield the right-of-way;
(2) immediately drive to a position parallel to and as close as possible to the right-hand edge or curb of the roadway clear of any intersection; and
(3) stop and remain standing until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed.
(b) This section does not exempt the operator of an authorized emergency vehicle from the duty to drive with due regard for the safety of all persons using the highway.
The Following User Says Thank You to lander For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 1:08pm   #85
TabuIsMe
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3000272

Quote:
because I'll put one between your eyes and deal with the consequences.
Bragging about shooting somebody on an online forum is smarter, clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Punching the gas is one thing. Punching the gas to run from a policeman who you think is trying to pull you over is quite another. And the OP is the one who posted that she "evaded the cops."
If you would have read the rest of the posts you would see that I corrected myself, but I see your just joining the pack of people ganging up on me.

Quote:
Oh...and about your comment regarding you not pulling over for emergency vehicles unless they're directly behind you...sorry, that's not the law in Texas:
I'm not in Texas, so I don't care.

Mod, please close this thread. Thank you.
Old 10-25-2011, 1:11pm   #86
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabuIsMe View Post
If you would have read the rest of the posts you would see that I corrected myself, but I see your just joining the pack of people ganging up on me.
ie You changed your story when it didn't go over well.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 1:12pm   #87
Fastguy
Barn Stall Owner #92
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0.8%

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,401 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7534993

You guys won't believe this, but I saw two Apaches Helicopters coming down over the Mass Pike as I was speeding. They dropped down low but I went into the Sumner Tunnel and lost them. Then I did an awesome jump over a muddy creek.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastguy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 1:16pm   #88
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
You guys won't believe this, but I saw two Apaches Helicopters coming down over the Mass Pike as I was speeding. They dropped down low but I went into the Sumner Tunnel and lost them. Then I did an awesome jump over a muddy creek.

I once had an Apache fly low over me as I drove my red c6 on I10.

He was just flirting, though.
Old 10-25-2011, 1:17pm   #89
Fastguy
Barn Stall Owner #92
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0.8%

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,401 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7534993

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
I once had an Apache fly low over me as I drove my red c6 on I10.

He was just flirting, though.
OMG, you totally evaded him!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fastguy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 1:17pm   #90
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
The difference, Mr. IC, is we don't come on public forums and brag about doing stupid shit and think it's cute.
No. We go to the bars, or talk about it at parties, or tell our friends at a football game, which is a huge difference, right?

Quote:
I guaran-damn-tee you, if you were ever out doing stupid shit in your car and hit the car that anyone in my family was driving, you'd better f'ing hope the cops get there before I do, because I'll put one between your eyes and deal with the consequences.
Really tough guy? Everyone says that but it almost never happens. And besides, it's terrifically easy to make a threat about a situation that stands about a 1000% chance of never occurring, so spare me the bravado, cowboy. Sorry if your get all knotted up because someone called you out on a flawed argument, but making assumptions about shit you know nothing about makes you look foolish. If you've never never punched the throttle in your life and possibly put anyone in danger, then I suppose you get to call anyone out you want, but I'm betting you have. Many times.

Quote:
As for the rest, well, clearly you know best. I think it's clear who is ignorant and stupid...and it ain't me or those that think like me.
As for the rest...you clearly have a weak argument based on conjecture (which you conveniently glossed-over). Thanks for playing though.

Oh...and I'm well aware of what Texas law states. What exactly do you think "on immediate approach" means?
Old 10-25-2011, 1:18pm   #91
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 1:18pm   #92
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
OMG, you totally evaded him!

He even texted me, so I KNOW if was me he was "after" and not the other cars on the interstate at the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to oyealiz For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic