Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2024, 1:48pm   #41
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,658 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

I remember Tucker when he first showed up on Fox News, wearing a bowtie. I didn't care for him then but I'm really enjoying this version.
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 1:58pm   #42
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 61.6%

Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,836 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I mean, so friggen' what? No really, so what? I didn't vote for a new pastor at the church, I voted for a guy who was going to enact policies that make my life better, and make America better and stronger. Shit, if Brandon was prosecuting the same policies as Trump was, and no one else was willing to do the same, I'd vote for Brandon. Hate his selling out his office for profit, but if he's keeping illegals out, staying out of wars, focusing on returning manufacturing to the US, etc., I'd overlook the graft just to get the otherwise America first policies.
The fact that you think "so what" is the problem.

Let's assume he can even get reelected, how does putting a man back in office that is so vehemently hated and despised by the majority for his past deeds help anything? Most people don't agree with your "so what" assessment as we have seen in the mess we have today. This election cycle is a missed opportunity by the GOP to find a candidate that can effect change but we didn't to do that because Trump! MAGA not only lost in 2020 but also lost the last two midterms but we're supposed to believe 2024 & 2026 will be different, why? Let's be honest, no other candidate stepped forward because they know they can't beat MAGA as long as Trump is driving a wedge between the party, that 30% will prevent anyone from winning. My guess is we'll see that change when Trump is no longer relevant which will be in November of 2024 with any luck. Maybe then we can start making progress as a country again if it's not too late. Any GOP candidate would have done 90% of what Trump did in his term and would in 2024 he is not special.

I have voted red for every federal, state and local candidate since Reagan's first run until 2020 when I flipped my first and only blue lever. Trump may indeed be the best we can do now in 2024 and it won't mean shit.

Opportunity lost but "so what".
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 2:00pm   #43
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32
Activity: 90.6%

Thanked 13,607 Times in 5,218 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
I don’t think the average politician has paid hush money and been caught lying about it, been associated and settled over an accusation of running a sham university or had his charitable trust shut down by the feds for misuse or been found liable for sexual harassment and defamation twice. We can do better, he’s not that special. It’s going to take a better man to fix this.
I can't imagine why people don't believe you're "very conservative. "
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 2:01pm   #44
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries View Post
I can't imagine why people don't believe you're "very conservative. "
Again, could care less what people who don't know me on the interwebby think. That includes you.
Old 02-07-2024, 2:05pm   #45
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 34,310 Times in 13,924 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Got an honest one in mind?
Got ANYONE in mind? Name a single fighter that can out punch Trump.

I'll take a dishonest fighter over a blathering drooler.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 2:08pm   #46
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,262 Times in 17,605 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
The fact that you think "so what" is the problem.

Let's assume he can even get reelected, how does putting a man back in office that is so vehemently hated and despised by the majority for his past deeds help anything? Most people don't agree with your "so what" assessment as we have seen in the mess we have today. This election cycle is a missed opportunity by the GOP to find a candidate that can effect change but we didn't to do that because Trump! MAGA not only lost in 2020 but also lost the last two midterms but we're supposed to believe 2024 & 2026 will be different, why? Let's be honest, no other candidate stepped forward because they know they can't beat MAGA as long as Trump is driving a wedge between the party, that 30% will prevent anyone from winning. My guess is we'll see that change when Trump is no longer relevant which will be in November of 2024 with any luck. Maybe then we can start making progress as a country again if it's not too late. Any GOP candidate would have done 90% of what Trump did in his term and would in 2024 he is not special.

I have voted red for every federal, state and local candidate since Reagan's first run until 2020 when I flipped my first and only blue lever. Trump may indeed be the best we can do now in 2024 and it won't mean shit.

Opportunity lost but "so what".
Well, for starters, we can reduce the number of illegals pouring into our country. Even your people in places like Chicago, NYC, and Denver would find benefit in that, right now, today. I hate that F'n Orange Man, but at least the busloads of illegals have stopped arriving daily. See how that would work? Hate all you want, but even leftists would benefit from that policy change.

That's just one example. I voted for Ted Cruz over Beto, because, while skate punk, dress wearing Beto is probably more fun at parties, Cruz for the most part votes like I want him to, and can logically argue his positions very well.

Is he charismatic? Likeable? Huggable? Probably only to Heidi and the kids. But I didn't elect him to be likeable. I don't want to hug him or go to parties with him. I don't care that he took his family to Cancun during our Winter power outages. I care how he votes.

Finally, there's literally NO ONE that could unite the country. No one. Recall Brandon promising he would do that, he would be the president for all? Adults back in charge? Civility returns? How did that all work out?

Even if he intended that, it was promises he actually could not keep. Half the country doesn't want his policies. The other half doesn't want Trump's policies. There's no coming together from that, just one side seizing control and implementing the policies they want.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 2:15pm   #47
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Got ANYONE in mind? Name a single fighter that can out punch Trump.

I'll take a dishonest fighter over a blathering drooler.
and Trump probably can't get reelected but "so what". Until Trump is irrelevant and MAGA goes away any other candidate is moot.
Old 02-07-2024, 2:20pm   #48
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Well, for starters, we can reduce the number of illegals pouring into our country. Even your people in places like Chicago, NYC, and Denver would find benefit in that, right now, today. I hate that F'n Orange Man, but at least the busloads of illegals have stopped arriving daily. See how that would work? Hate all you want, but even leftists would benefit from that policy change.

That's just one example. I voted for Ted Cruz over Beto, because, while skate punk, dress wearing Beto is probably more fun at parties, Cruz for the most part votes like I want him to, and can logically argue his positions very well.

Is he charismatic? Likeable? Huggable? Probably only to Heidi and the kids. But I didn't elect him to be likeable. I don't want to hug him or go to parties with him. I don't care that he took his family to Cancun during our Winter power outages. I care how he votes.

Finally, there's literally NO ONE that could unite the country. No one. Recall Brandon promising he would do that, he would be the president for all? Adults back in charge? Civility returns? How did that all work out?

Even if he intended that, it was promises he actually could not keep. Half the country doesn't want his policies. The other half doesn't want Trump's policies. There's no coming together from that, just one side seizing control and implementing the policies they want.
Bill I'm not a leftist and what you're saying is just capitulation to the concept of MAGA. The other half doesn't want Trump, his policies which may be better are inconsequential. That's the part you don't seem to understand.

You want to talk about the border, Biden has screwed the right hard. He offered up a plan that was everything the right wanted. It gets passed, Biden wins. It gets shot down, Biden wins. He may be a drooler but he just outfoxed Trump and the right again. The right can't even pass an impeachment vote on a cabinet member.

2024 is a missed opportunity because Trump!
Old 02-07-2024, 2:23pm   #49
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 24,653 Times in 11,193 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
his policies which may be better are inconsequential.
And there you have it. Liberals support politicians based on personality not policy.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 2:24pm   #50
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
You want to talk about the border, Biden has screwed the right hard. He offered up a plan that was everything the right wanted.
How cute. You actually think that latest bullchit was a border bill.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 2:26pm   #51
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
And there you have it. Liberals support politicians based on personality not policy.
Duh, that's always been the case for many and until you guys stop your love affair with Trump this will be the case going forward, right or not.

Again, 2024 is a lost opportunity.
Old 02-07-2024, 2:29pm   #52
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
It was everything the right's been demanding and Biden outsmarted them again. You can't see that because you don't want to because Trump! It was a brilliant move that makes the right and Trump in particular look out of step with Americans again. You may hate Biden but he owns you guys right now.
Old 02-07-2024, 2:41pm   #53
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32

Quote:
Again, could care less what people who don't know me on the interwebby think. That includes you.
So you DO care on some level.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 2:44pm   #54
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32

Quote:
It was everything the right's been demanding and Biden outsmarted them again. You can't see that because you don't want to because Trump! It was a brilliant move that makes the right and Trump in particular look out of step with Americans again. You may hate Biden but he owns you guys right now.
Holy shit. You really are clueless, but still arrogant in your ignorance.

Not that you have any shred of credibility left, but if you did, that post should wipe the last of it away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 2:45pm   #55
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32

Quote:
He's got to be attempting satire. Nofknbody could be that idiotic.
Old 02-07-2024, 2:56pm   #56
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32

Quote:
I know some doctors who on a personal level, are miserable pricks.

But if I or a family member needed a surgeon with those skills, they would be my first choice.

Adults know how to prioritize. Children hold grudges, even to their detriment.
Old 02-07-2024, 2:57pm   #57
KenHorse
Barn Stall Owner #123
Activity: 77.4%

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,018 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $525

Quote:
Not "the right" by any means. It was the GOPe (McConnell & Co.) that ****ed this up by working with Chucky Schmucky in the first place.

The House GOPe actually did well on their own bill (which really IS a border bill) while pointing out that, as usual, the Dems are LYING about the bill, LYING about Joe's Dementia needing it passed in order to control the border, and so on.

So yea, I lay the blame for this fiasco right at the feet of McConnell and his RINO wing of the Party
KenHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KenHorse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 3:00pm   #58
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Not "the right" by any means. It was the GOPe (McConnell & Co.) that ****ed this up by working with Chucky Schmucky in the first place.

The House GOPe actually did well on their own bill (which really IS a border bill) while pointing out that, as usual, the Dems are LYING about the bill, LYING about Joe's Dementia needing it passed in order to control the border, and so on.

So yea, I lay the blame for this fiasco right at the feet of McConnell and his RINO wing of the Party
Funny how HR 2 is never brought up. We're supposed to believe that Schumer & Turtle's steaming pile of excrement has been the only border bill recently.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 3:39pm   #59
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,262 Times in 17,605 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Bill I'm not a leftist and what you're saying is just capitulation to the concept of MAGA. The other half doesn't want Trump, his policies which may be better are inconsequential. That's the part you don't seem to understand.

You want to talk about the border, Biden has screwed the right hard. He offered up a plan that was everything the right wanted. It gets passed, Biden wins. It gets shot down, Biden wins. He may be a drooler but he just outfoxed Trump and the right again. The right can't even pass an impeachment vote on a cabinet member.

2024 is a missed opportunity because Trump!

Wait.Whut? Hollup!

There was NOTHING in the now doomed "border security bill I wanted. I want ZERO dollars of my great grandkids' money going to Israel, Ukraine, Taiwan, or anyone else. Let them borrow their own Goddamned money. Taiwan usually does pay cash, so there's that. And aid to Gaza? WTF? I'd like to meet the brain trust that works out that we should pay to blow Gaza up, then pay for humanitarian aid for the Gaza residents, and THEN pay to rebuild what we just got done paying to blow up. The only aid I'm willing to send Gaza is to deport Rashida Talib back there. She damn sure doesn't represent America.

And there was nothing I wanted regarding the border. I want ZERO illegals accepted, asylum claim, or not. Zero. Stay the **** out. It's not a hard concept. I want our tax dollars already spent on Border Patrol and ICE, and national guard, to go to REPELLING illegals, not 'processing them.' **** processing. Put them on trebuchets and launch them back across the Rio Grande. Bonus if we launch them at other illegals trying to get across.

That's what I want and the Brandon regime didn't offer ANY of that. More beds for illegals? More judges to process them? More manpower to help them get on airplanes and buses to parts unknown in the interior of the US?

I DON'T WANT ANY OF THAT. NONE.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 3:52pm   #60
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
Duh, that's always been the case for many and until you guys stop your love affair with Trump this will be the case going forward, right or not.

Again, 2024 is a lost opportunity.
Only fools vote based on personality.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic