Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2024, 9:37pm   #21
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,892 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
More like the people of Newark, Paterson, and Camden vote for those politicians. Most of the state doesn't.
I understand that, having lived in the hinterlands of NYS for over a decade. But, since my voting power there was basically nonexistent, I voted with my feet.

People don't seem to understand that cities, towns, and states are products. And those products compete with other products for your tax dollars. You are free to choose one over the others.
Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 9:40pm   #22
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Same here in NYS.

If all the heavily-urban areas in the US were bombed out of existence, the entire country would be to the right of Florida.
Having lived there for over a decade, I have to disagree. There were very few people up there as far right as I am. I'm not saying that they aren't up there- just that there are far fewer than here in North Carolina.
Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:23pm   #23
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.9%

Thanked 13,037 Times in 7,336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Detroit View Post
Speak for yourself
Personally, I don’t give a rats ass if bills, or anyone else’s political threads wind up in off-topic. And nobody else does either, except you. In fact, I can make the case that people prefer them to be an off topic because when they are in off topic, everybody except you seems to participate And when they are in the PRC section, nobody tends to participate at all. So there is your proof right there. People prefer them to be in the off-topic section.

There are a lot of threads in off topic that I just don’t have any interest in. What do I do? I just don’t go in there in the first place. It would be the height of arrogance for me to go in there to threads where I don’t have any interest and start bitching about the fact that they are in off topic . I just simply stay out of them. I see absolutely no right reason why you can’t do the same thing.

What I do find tiresome is when Bill just keeps going on and on and on posting threads about his seemingly misunderstanding about how law enforcement really works in the real world. in fact, it comes across to me to be bashing law-enforcement, and that’s just from the sheer number of them.

But as far as I’m concerned, Bill, keep doing what you’re doing in off topic. If somebody can go along and do their magic in the forum software to where Louis could no longer see bills posts, I think that would go a very long way towards helping Louie achieve the goal of ignoring stuff that he doesn’t really want to see. He doesn’t seem to be able to do that himself.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2024, 7:03am   #24
Louie Detroit
Barn Stall Owner #0331
Activity: 86.3%

Thanked 8,065 Times in 3,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Personally, I don’t give a rats ass if bills, or anyone else’s political threads wind up in off-topic. And nobody else does either, except you. In fact, I can make the case that people prefer them to be an off topic because when they are in off topic, everybody except you seems to participate And when they are in the PRC section, nobody tends to participate at all. So there is your proof right there. People prefer them to be in the off-topic section.

There are a lot of threads in off topic that I just don’t have any interest in. What do I do? I just don’t go in there in the first place. It would be the height of arrogance for me to go in there to threads where I don’t have any interest and start bitching about the fact that they are in off topic . I just simply stay out of them. I see absolutely no right reason why you can’t do the same thing.

What I do find tiresome is when Bill just keeps going on and on and on posting threads about his seemingly misunderstanding about how law enforcement really works in the real world. in fact, it comes across to me to be bashing law-enforcement, and that’s just from the sheer number of them.

But as far as I’m concerned, Bill, keep doing what you’re doing in off topic. If somebody can go along and do their magic in the forum software to where Louis could no longer see bills posts, I think that would go a very long way towards helping Louie achieve the goal of ignoring stuff that he doesn’t really want to see. He doesn’t seem to be able to do that himself.
I’m very capable of taking care of myself. I’ll let you know when I need your help Mr. Helper.
Louie Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 9:01am   #25
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.9%

Thanked 13,037 Times in 7,336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
If only there was a forum for politics. Oh wait there is but it doesn’t have enough traffic to stroke a certain persons over inflated ego. So sad.
Quote:
Hey Bill, if I complement and worship every one of your “witty” OneDefesqe title posts will you please keep it where it belongs?
Quote:
I’m very capable of taking care of myself. I’ll let you know when I need your help Mr. Helper.
I look forward to your stepping silently past threads that don’t interest you.

I’ll be surprised if it actually happens.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 9:21am   #26
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 30.3%

Thanked 7,255 Times in 3,213 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:

Actually, since Rob asked us a few months ago to put political stuff in the P&R section, several of us have complied with that request, and traffic in that subsection is substantially up. I know I stop by there at least a few times a week, and usually put up a post or two. I believe that all of us who are active there would welcome additional input in that section, which would make it even more interesting.
Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2024, 9:32am   #27
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,230 Times in 17,587 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:

I'm still a libertarian, so I'm always wary of anything government does. Having said that, I'm in a conservative area, for at least a bit longer, and our local cops are great. I've given some details previously, I won't rehash. All that I've encountered, or heard about, were professional. Even the one time our department made the news for an irate woman pitching an absolute fit over a speeding ticket....her family members came out and said she was wrong, and that the police bent over backwards to not escalate. So there's that. And since I've slowed down, getting older I guess, I no longer get stopped on the side of the road every few years, so that helps.

Now, after everything we've seen go on nationally in other places, the two tier justice system, and the violation of people's rights, like what NJ did to this gym owner, I find that appalling, and I occasionally post that stuff up. At request, I've posted less of that kind of content, although I found this case important enough to post.

Now look at you. As an ex reserve deputy, can we label you as very pro-law enforcement? How are you going to act if the FBI, the ATF, or other federal agencies come a knocking? Recall what they did to General Flynn and others? Chasing down literal grandmothers 3+ years after J6? Running the get Trump show? You good with that? Have a high degree of trust to talk to them without a lawyer present if you get in their sites?

But bottom line, I've chosen to post fewer encounters between the .gov and the people overall, and made a concerted effort to keep overtly political stuff in PR&C. Maybe my opinion of what is general current events v. what is strictly political is different from others, which is why this gym owner ended up here, getting a fair amount of traffic?
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2024, 10:01am   #28
Louie Detroit
Barn Stall Owner #0331
Activity: 86.3%

Thanked 8,065 Times in 3,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I'm still a libertarian, so I'm always wary of anything government does. Having said that, I'm in a conservative area, for at least a bit longer, and our local cops are great. I've given some details previously, I won't rehash. All that I've encountered, or heard about, were professional. Even the one time our department made the news for an irate woman pitching an absolute fit over a speeding ticket....her family members came out and said she was wrong, and that the police bent over backwards to not escalate. So there's that. And since I've slowed down, getting older I guess, I no longer get stopped on the side of the road every few years, so that helps.

Now, after everything we've seen go on nationally in other places, the two tier justice system, and the violation of people's rights, like what NJ did to this gym owner, I find that appalling, and I occasionally post that stuff up. At request, I've posted less of that kind of content, although I found this case important enough to post.

Now look at you. As an ex reserve deputy, can we label you as very pro-law enforcement? How are you going to act if the FBI, the ATF, or other federal agencies come a knocking? Recall what they did to General Flynn and others? Chasing down literal grandmothers 3+ years after J6? Running the get Trump show? You good with that? Have a high degree of trust to talk to them without a lawyer present if you get in their sites?

But bottom line, I've chosen to post fewer encounters between the .gov and the people overall, and made a concerted effort to keep overtly political stuff in PR&C. Maybe my opinion of what is general current events v. what is strictly political is different from others, which is why this gym owner ended up here, getting a fair amount of traffic?
It always ends up just another machination by The Man in your overtly paranoid viewpoint of life doesn’t it Bill? Everything boils down to Trump and Flynn, just one more conspiracy after another. Which of course supersedes posting this political crap where it belongs, which is not here.
Louie Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Louie Detroit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2024, 5:17pm   #29
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 68.1%

Thanked 3,888 Times in 1,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
That describes every state. The urban (and many suburban) areas are crammed full like sardines with idiot indoctrinated liberal fools. The rest of the state and country is conservative.
EXACTLY why the left wants to kill off the electoral college; then every citizen, farmer, rancher, etc. in between the coasts will be a the mercy of some pink-haired, gender-confused, moron who thinks grocery shelves are stocked by elves every night.
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2024, 6:28pm   #30
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 24,521 Times in 11,129 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
EXACTLY why the left wants to kill off the electoral college; then every citizen, farmer, rancher, etc. in between the coasts will be a the mercy of some pink-haired, gender-confused, moron who thinks grocery shelves are stocked by elves every night.
Agree. And at some point it will get bloody. I don’t see any political or legal remedy.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 6:51pm   #31
Swany00
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 34.8%

Thanked 1,082 Times in 473 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $120

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
Agree. And at some point it will get bloody. I don’t see any political or legal remedy.
we're pretty much at that point now
Swany00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 10:17pm   #32
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,230 Times in 17,587 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

https://nypost.com/2024/05/21/us-new...ed-of-charges/

Quote:
NJ gym owner who defied COVID shutdown cleared of all charges after years-long legal battle
By Social Links for Steve Janoski
Published May 21, 2024
Updated May 21, 2024, 8:51 p.m. ET

A New Jersey gym owner who defied the Garden State’s COVID-19 restrictions was cleared of more than 80 charges relating to a series of pandemic-era confrontations with police — and he celebrated by posting on social media that the governor could “suck his d–k.”

Ian Smith and Frank Trumbetti — co-owners of Atilis Gym in Bellmawr — racked up the summonses after they kept their workout spot open in May 2020 despite Gov. Phil Murphy’s mandate to close non-essential businesses.

At one point, cops even arrested some gym rats as they left the building — and the owners were hit with scores of summonses and eventually ordered to pay about $165,000 in fines for violating public health emergency rules, according to NJ.com.

Several of the charges — which included violating a governor’s orders, operating without a mercantile license, creating a public nuisance and disturbing the peace — could have landed the duo in jail for six months, according to their attorney, John McCann of Oakland, New Jersey.

But late last month, a municipal judge in Winslow Township dropped the charges — following a nearly four-year legal battle, McCann told the outlet.

“It was a just decision,” McCann told The Post on Tuesday, adding that the pair were improperly charged by local authorities.

“[The town] was not acting in good faith.”

“This victory opens the battlefield again and gives us options to continue to push back and bring justice to the treasonous actions of Phil Murphy and his lackies,” Smith said, although he didn’t elaborate about what the “treasonous actions” might be.

“Suck my d–k Phil Murphy,” the gym owner added.

Neither local nor state officials decided to appeal the ruling, McCann said.

“When you look at this, it didn’t make a lot of sense at the time,” McCann told NJ.com

“It kind of looked like they were throwing everything they could at these guys … these charges hung over these guys’ heads for over four years.”

“We didn’t get a lot of cooperation from Bellmawr with regard to discovery,” he continued. “The only thing we got with regard to discovery was the summonses.”

“You need the reports, you need a whole bunch of stuff,” McCann said. “The judge in Winslow said Bellmawr didn’t provide their court with meaningful discovery to give to us. She basically said that Bellmawr ignored the requests.”

McCann — a well-known municipal attorney who once worked for the Bergen County Sheriff’s Office — said he’s now trying to retrieve the money the gym owners paid the state in fines.

But he’s not sure how it will go.

“That’s a very tricky issue,” McCann told The Post. “It’s very, very complex. And I’m making my way through that.”

“Like, is the state trying to destroy people?” McCann added. “Why are you trying to destroy small businesses?”

During the pandemic, Smith accused the state of being selective about which businesses could stay open and which couldn’t.

“Telling people that liquor stores are essential but places they can come to work on their physical and mental health is not — it’s just not adding up. So, we decided to take matters into our own hands,” Smith said at the time.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic