Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2024, 10:29am   #281
jw38
A Real Barner
Activity: 38.7%

Thanked 2,161 Times in 837 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptlo306 View Post
Tesla FSD is legal so technically he is free to trust it around anyone.
There are lots of things that are legal, yet still dangerous. Like I said previously, if either me or anyone in my family is hurt or killed by a self-driving vehicle, or another other vehicle being operated in a reckless manner, I will sue the driver into oblivion. And I have very deep pockets.
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 10:51am   #282
theandies
A Real Barner
Activity: 10.6%

Thanked 1,339 Times in 554 Posts

Best wat y to handle these threads:

This message is hidden because GrandSportC3 is on your ignore list.
theandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 12:15pm   #283
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
There are lots of things that are legal, yet still dangerous. Like I said previously, if either me or anyone in my family is hurt or killed by a self-driving vehicle, or another other vehicle being operated in a reckless manner, I will sue the driver into oblivion. And I have very deep pockets.
It's completely irrelevant if it was self driving or if someone was drunk or fell asleep etc. etc.
If someone gets hurt due to someone else's fault, you take it to court.
Let's say someone drives 1200 miles with just gas stops with no breaks and then falls asleep and kills a family.. Same thing. It doesn't matter what the reason is, you can of course sue the guilty party.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 12:17pm   #284
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theandies View Post
Best wat y to handle these threads:

This message is hidden because GrandSportC3 is on your ignore list.
and yet you feel compelled to post in my threads
Old 05-22-2024, 12:19pm   #285
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 41.6%

Thanked 7,930 Times in 3,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
And I have very deep pockets.
The good news is that you won't need to spend much on a lawyer when they're f**king dumb enough to post videos of themselves sitting on the internet and not paying attention to the road.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2024, 12:33pm   #286
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
The good news is that you won't need to spend much on a lawyer when they're f**king dumb enough to post videos of themselves sitting on the internet and not paying attention to the road.
You'll have to wait a long time for that. The chance that some moron who only stops for gas on a long trip with no longer breaks will kill someone on the highway is many times higher than someone on FSD/AUTOPILOT.
Computers do not have driver fatigue. Computers don't get tired. Computers make less mistakes than humans.
Old 05-22-2024, 12:40pm   #287
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
Computers make less mistakes than humans.
...trying to remember the last time I tried driving 3x the speed limit through a school zone.
Old 05-22-2024, 12:42pm   #288
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
...trying to remember the last time I tried driving 3x the speed limit through a school zone.
You should be paying attention to what I wrote. I nowhere said that I trust the system around town. I ACTUALLY SAID THE OPPOSITE. I trust the system on the highway and have over 30k miles on autopilot on the highway.
On my 2800 mile round trip to South Texas, i was about 90% of the time on autopilot.
Old 05-22-2024, 12:44pm   #289
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
You'll have to wait a long time for that.
Sure... just like these people did.

Quote:
https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/26/2...rt-crash-death

"Tesla’s Autopilot and Full Self-Driving linked to hundreds of crashes, dozens of deaths / NHTSA found that Tesla’s driver-assist features are insufficient at keeping drivers engaged in the task of driving, which can often have fatal results."

"In March 2023, a North Carolina student was stepping off a school bus when he was struck by a Tesla Model Y traveling at “highway speeds,” according to a federal investigation that published today. The Tesla driver was using Autopilot, the automaker’s advanced driver-assist feature that Elon Musk insists will eventually lead to fully autonomous cars.

The 17-year-old student who was struck was transported to a hospital by helicopter with life-threatening injuries. But what the investigation found after examining hundreds of similar crashes was a pattern of driver inattention, combined with the shortcomings of Tesla’s technology, resulting in hundreds of injuries and dozens of deaths.

"Of those crashes, some of which involved other vehicles striking the Tesla vehicle, 29 people died. There were also 211 crashes in which “the frontal plane of the Tesla struck a vehicle or obstacle in its path.” These crashes, which were often the most severe, resulted in 14 deaths and 49 injuries.

The final 11 seconds of a fatal Tesla Autopilot crash
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...rash-analysis/

Tesla worker killed in fiery crash may be first ‘Full Self-Driving’ fatality
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...g-fatal-crash/

Don't try to tell me or anyone else that noone has died as a result of this. Keep your "self-driving" POS away from me and my family!
Your response?

Quote:
Those are beta systems with drivers required to pay attention. Yes, accidents can happen if the driver doesn't pay attention.
Which was of course followed almost immediately by posting a video of yourself on the internet bragging about not having to pay attention.
Old 05-22-2024, 12:47pm   #290
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Sure... just like these people did.

Your response?

Which was of course followed almost immediately by posting a video of yourself on the internet bragging about not having to pay attention.
How many of those were on the highway?? ZERO

First of all, AUTOPILOT is NOT designed for local roads. It works on them but needs full supervision as it won't stop at stop signs or red lights or for a flag man.
FSD still make mistakes around town..
As I suspected, all those incidents did not happen on the highway.
I pointed out many times that around town, supervision is needed.
I also pointed out hat AUTOPILOT is only safe in the middle lane or left lane but not in the right lane.
Highway driving is nowhere near the complexity of city driving or county roads etc.
Old 05-22-2024, 12:57pm   #291
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:

First of all, AUTOPILOT is NOT designed for local roads. It works on them but needs full supervision as it won't stop at stop signs or red lights.
FSD still make mistakes around town..
I pointed out many times that around time, supervision is needed.
I also pointed out hat AUTOPILOT is only safe in the middle lane or left lane but not in the right lane.
That would make an excellent response in court.

I know it sucks around town... and in most other situations... so the only time I don't pay attention like I am supposed to be doing is on the highway where I will absolutely never encounter an abnormal situation and where absolutely nothing could ever go wrong.

Quote:
Jeffrey Nissen, 28, of Stanwood was on his way home from work on Highway 522 when the Tesla Model S struck his blue 2003 Yamaha R6, ..
Highway 522 is definitely not a highway.

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/tesla...0killing%20him.

Good thing there are not emergency vehicles in the right lane... where you say it's perfectly fine.

Quote:
The NHTSA opened its August 2021 investigation of Autopilot after identifying more than a dozen crashes in which Tesla vehicles hit stationary emergency vehicles.
Definitely not a highway...

Quote:
Electric car giant Tesla has agreed to settle a lawsuit over a crash in 2018 which killed Apple engineer Walter Huang after his Model X, operating on Autopilot, collided with a highway barrier.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c14kggkr4vro

Quote:
The Post discovered that four of the 17 Tesla-linked fatalities involved a motorcycle, and one involved an emergency vehicle.
Definitely no motorcycles on the highway. But hey, what's 1 motorcycle rider matter for the betterment of Tesla... right?

Quote:
A Tesla vehicle is at the center of another tragic crash, and the company is coming under renewed scrutiny over safety concerns as a result. The driver of a Model X has died after his electric SUV collided with a median barrier on Highway 101 in Mountain View and was subsequently struck by two other vehicles. The incident destroyed the front half of the vehicle and sparked a fire that involved the battery, leading to Tesla sending an employee to investigate. Witnesses reported seeing a fireball during the crash.
Highway 101 is most definitely not a highway
Old 05-22-2024, 12:58pm   #292
GixxerBill RIP
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 25.5%

Meanwhile, TSLA down 4%. Elon needs to get more Starbucks drinking hipsters to buy his cars
GixxerBill RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 1:05pm   #293
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:

I know it sucks around town... and in most other situations... so the only time I don't pay attention like I am supposed to be doing is on the highway where I will absolutely never encounter an abnormal situation and where absolutely nothing could ever go wrong.

Good thing there are not emergency vehicles in the right lane... where you say it's perfectly fine.

Definitely no motorcycles on the highway. But hey, what's 1 motorcycle rider matter for the betterment of Tesla... right?

He MAY HAVE BEEN on Autopilot

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t/73459135007/

Not proven at this point. Furthermore, we don't know if he travelled in the right lane or not. As I pointed out, I do NOT travel in the right lane on Autopilot as it's not designed to handle merging traffic. So, first of all, we don't know if he really was on autopilot (the investigation will find out if he was or not) and furthermore, he may have been in the right lane.

There have been many stories of claims that a vehicle was on autopilot when it crashed and after looking at the data, it was not. FACTS > CLAIMS
Old 05-22-2024, 1:11pm   #294
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:

Highway 101 is most definitely not a highway
Have you been on highway 101?? It has lights etc. It's not an interstate highway with no lights. When I'm talking about a highway, it is a street with no lights or stop signs like I-10, I-75, I-95, I-4 etc..
Just becauase something is named a Highway doesn't mean that it is one.. Ever heard of Federal Highway in Ford Lauderdale?? It's a regular street with lights that is named Highway..

Same goes for Highway 522. It has a FREEWAY section but it is a street that his lights.
Old 05-22-2024, 1:13pm   #295
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

May have been?

Was it the guy who smashed into the barriers that "may have been"?

Quote:
Tesla has settled a lawsuit over a 2018 car crash that killed an Apple engineer in 2018 after his Model X operating on Autopilot swerved off a highway near San Francisco, court documents showed Monday.Tesla has settled a lawsuit over a 2018 car crash that killed an Apple engineer in 2018 after his Model X operating on Autopilot swerved off a highway near San Francisco, court documents showed Monday.

By "may have been" in this case, you mean even Tesla has acknowledged that was the case.

Or was it the one that ran over the motorcycle that "may have been"?

Quote:
MALTBY — A Tesla driver who had set his car on Autopilot was “distracted” by his phone before reportedly hitting and killing a motorcyclist Friday on Highway 522, according to a new police report.
By "may have been" in this case, you mean he absolutely was, and admitted that ... just like you... he wasn't f**king paying attention.

But yea, just 1 guy on a motorcycle getting run over. No big deal as long as it helps Tesla get better.

Do you ever stop f**king lying?
Old 05-22-2024, 1:15pm   #296
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Have you been on highway 101?? It has lights etc. It's not an interstate highway with no lights. When I'm talking about a highway, it is a street with no lights or stop signs like I-10, I-75, I-95, I-4 etc..
Just becauase something is named a Highway doesn't mean that it is one.. Ever heard of Federal Highway in Ford Lauderdale?? It's a regular street with lights that is named Highway..
Yea, look at all of those lights.

The good news is that at least that clown only killed himself.
Old 05-22-2024, 1:17pm   #297
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
May have been?

Was it the guy who smashed into the barriers that "may have been"?

By "may have been" in this case, you mean even Tesla has acknowledged that was the case.

Or was it the one that ran over the motorcycle that "may have been"?

By "may have been" in this case, you mean he absolutely was, and admitted that ... just like you... he wasn't f**king paying attention.

But yea, just 1 guy on a motorcycle getting run over. No big deal as long as it helps Tesla get better.

Do you ever stop f**king lying?
Was he in the middle lane? I doubt it.

You have to understand how autopilot works. It follows a land and keeps the distance to vehicles in front. If you have a highway with LEFT exits, don't go in the left lane as autopilot may have issues when reaching such exist. You shouldn't stay in the left lane as merging traffic can cause issues. Left lane is fine as long as the highway has no left exits. Right lane is not a good idea with autopilot.

This scenario appears that this happened right after a left exit.

My commute does NOT involve any left exits, so center or right lane are fine for autopilot.
Old 05-22-2024, 1:23pm   #298
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Was he in the middle lane? I doubt it.
He probably missed the part of it only working in the middle lane when he clicked the disclaimer.

So what you're saying is that Tesla's Autopilot and FSD is no better than damn near every car made in the last 5 years that can keep itself in the middle lane down the highway, adjust to the speed in front of them, and stop if required.

Anything other than that is a pretty high likelihood that you're going to kill either yourself or someone else.

What an amazing system Elon has created.
Old 05-22-2024, 1:26pm   #299
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
He probably missed the part of it only working in the middle lane when he clicked the disclaimer.

So what you're saying is that Tesla's FSD is no better than damn near every car made in the last 5 years that can keep itself in the middle lane down the highway, adjust to the speed in front of them, and stop if required.

Anything other than that is a pretty high likelihood that you're going to kill either yourself or someone else.

What an amazing system Elon has created.
What autopilot does is defined very clearly and anybody with half a brain that understand how it works will know how to use it safely:

1) it keeps the car centered in the travel lane
2) it will keep the distance to the car in front of you.

If a lane splits or a lane joins the travel lane, the system may not act correctly AS IT IS NOT DESIGNED FOR IT!
So, if the lane you are travelling splits, the system can get confused as it is not designed for that. I pointed out MANY times that I only use autopilot in the MIDDLE LANE. If I know that the highway I'm travelling has no LEFT exits, I may choose the left lane as well but if I don't know the highway, I will always travel in the middle lane as I have a brain and I understand what autopilot does.

I know every inch of my commute route. If I would be travelling on a street that I'm not familiar with, I would pay more attention.
Old 05-22-2024, 1:29pm   #300
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
I trust the system ON THE HIGHWAY
Quote:
You'll have to wait a long time for that. The chance that some moron who only stops for gas on a long trip with no longer breaks will kill someone on the highway is many times higher than someone on FSD/AUTOPILOT.
Quote:
I trust the system on the highway and have over 30k miles on autopilot on the highway.
Quote:

Highway driving is nowhere near the complexity of city driving or county roads etc.
Just to clarify, you're now changing all of your previous bullshit about "not on the highway" to instead be limited to driving only in the middle lane of the highway.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic