Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2024, 8:27am   #21
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 10,240 Times in 4,308 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rickles View Post
An alternative method of transportation vs ICE vehicles is perfectly fine to me. Honestly the combustion engine is archaic really, we been using them for over 100 years for automobiles and truck.

Surely we can come up with more options.

And besides, today's younger don't drive like us and/or go to a job daily. A huge percentage have no need for a personal vehicle.

One more thing, on the continuance of petroleum based....do you really think all these oil barons will just stop? Not in our lifetime. WAY too much money to just turn off the liquid gold.....
But the larger point is that the government is forcing them on us, and they are making regs for ICE to be so strict that they will be impossible to meet -- in effect outlawing ICE without doing so directly.

All for a bogus left-wing political agenda. There is no crisis and we are not running out of oil. It is about government force, nothing else.

We are already ****ed because nearly everyone buys the premise, and the ongoing debate is over what advantage/disadvantage is EV vs. ICE.

The debate should be over is: Is it acceptable for government to force us into this? If we let them do this, what will they force on us next?

But they're already 3/4 into this so I don't think it's possible to turn it around. It could be slowed down but they are not going to fold their tents up and go home. The tyrants have been after this goal, via regs, for over a half-century. None of them have been voted into power, and they cannot be voted out.
Bruze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 8:36am   #22
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 42,019 Times in 17,498 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
But the larger point is that the government is forcing them on us, and they are making regs for ICE to be so strict that they will be impossible to meet -- in effect outlawing ICE without doing so directly.

All for a bogus left-wing political agenda. There is no crisis and we are not running out of oil. It is about government force, nothing else.

We are already ****ed because nearly everyone buys the premise, and the ongoing debate is over what advantage/disadvantage is EV vs. ICE.

The debate should be over is: Is it acceptable for government to force us into this? If we let them do this, what will they force on us next?

I think that's part of it, but it leads to a question. Why are trucks and suv's still in the lineup for the Big 3, but cars are getting cut? ICE suv's and trucks are holding their own, and the CAFE fleet fuel mileage diktats seems like they'd be pushing those makers to at least build SOME fuel efficient cars. Yet the cars are disappearing.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 9:26am   #23
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 10,240 Times in 4,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I think that's part of it, but it leads to a question. Why are trucks and suv's still in the lineup for the Big 3, but cars are getting cut? ICE suv's and trucks are holding their own, and the CAFE fleet fuel mileage diktats seems like they'd be pushing those makers to at least build SOME fuel efficient cars. Yet the cars are disappearing.
As the Founders noted, tyranny rarely comes in one fell swoop because if it did, people would rebel. A bit at a time and they likely won't. It's the old frog in the water thing.

They started most of the car crap in 1968 and, as I recall, it was only for passenger cars (and light trucks?). Then it went to all road vehicles including motorcycles, now lawnmowers and everything else.

No bureaucracy every says: "Okay, we've met our goals so now we are going to fold up. We're done here."

Look at the anti-smoking bureaucracy. They started out in the '70s with just no smoking on airplanes. It's always about just getting the proverbial "camel's nose in the tent."

I won't even bother getting into guns.
Bruze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 10:07am   #24
theandies
A Real Barner
Activity: 25.9%

Thanked 1,300 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
The government is regulating gas cars out of existence.
**** the government and **** anyone who supports this communism.
The free market should decided. Who the **** is Joe Bitarded to tell me how I can move about freely.

This will be me and my Vette if it comes to that:

theandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 12:07pm   #25
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 8,657 Times in 2,908 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Chevy killed off the Malibu in 1972. For those who have forgotten, THIS is a Chevy Chevelle Malibu, not that hideous reskinned Camry.
Attached Images

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2024, 1:05pm   #26
Joey777
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 4.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Chevy killed off the Malibu in 1972. For those who have forgotten, THIS is a Chevy Chevelle Malibu, not that hideous reskinned Camry.
Always loved the 70 Malibu.
Joey777 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic