Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

C4 Open Discussion General and technical C4 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2011, 5:45pm   #481
Frizlefrak
Barn Stall Owner #46
Activity: 1.0%

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,214 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4309769

Past the maidenhead......
Old 03-22-2011, 9:19am   #482
Midnight85
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100015

Get him Sweets!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11am   #483
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 54.8%

Thanked 5,907 Times in 2,812 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet 90 View Post
Hardly fool. I don't need them in a battle of wits with you
Let me know if you want some one else to join in. Joe and I have not butted heads in a while. FYI, I did post my thoughts of the "other place", most agreed as usual............... in case you missed it, here you go;

So, let's discuss what this chart is telling us. You will see that union membership has dropped from a high of 32% in 1948 to an all time low of 11.9% of total US workers in 2010. That number is projected to be at approx 9% by the end of 2011. What does this tell us?

Well, if you ask a union leader they will tell you it's the result of the employer's attempt to break the unions and making it more difficult for an employee to become a union member. Is this the reality? No, it certainly is not. The reality is that the majority of the 20% of jobs that have been lost by union members NO LONGER EXIST IN THE US period. These jobs were with companies that have either closed shop or sent their jobs to Mexico and China so they can still compete in the world market. It is almost impossible to manufacture any goods in the US and remain profitable and competitive due to US labor costs as driven up by the unions.

You may ask "what about GM, they have a union and have become profitable again". This is true, but at who's expense? My wife works for a company that tracks profitability statements for dealerships as well as conducts profitability clinics. Ask your local Chevrolet, Caddy, GMC, Buick, Oldsmobile (oops, never mind), Pontiac (again forget that one), Saturn (yea them too) or Hummer (egads, them too) dealership how much they make these days. GM has become profitable by taking margin away from their dealers and dumping manufacturing expenses by closing divisions, the unions have contributed nothing and in fact their members are still earning severance from all those closed divisions along with huge pensions that the general public will never see. Also, now that GM is making a profit, how long do you think it will be before the unions demand ANOTHER wage increase to get their share? Keep in mind that the average hourly wage at GM is $72 per hour compared to $41 per hour at Honda, Toyota, and Ford US plants. How long will GM stay profitable with numbers like these?

There will always be a place for unions in jobs that involve public safety and high risk such as law enforcement, fire fighting and pilots. However, the days of organized union labor in manufacturing in the US are long gone. You don't need a degree in Economics as I have to see that.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11am   #484
joesgulfstream
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1387

Quote:
Hardly fool. I don't need them in a battle of wits with you
"Hardly fool", what Mr. T was youy hero Pu$$y90 ? This is more fun that a barrel of Pu$$ies or should I say horses (out of the barn). Stop with your smartass comments to new guys just looking for advice or I will be up your Pu$$y a$$ till I get sent to camp. It's up to you Sweets.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:16am   #485
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesgulfstream View Post
"Hardly fool", what Mr. T was your hero ***** ? This is more fun than a barrel of ***** or should I say horses (out of the barn). Stop with your smartass comments to new guys just looking for advice or I will be up your ***** till I get sent to camp. It's up to you Sweets.
Fixed................

Stop or I'll shoot myself in the face, really?????????? Not much of a threat.

Last edited by RedLS1GTO; 03-22-2011 at 6:09pm.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:30am   #486
joesgulfstream
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Fixed................

Stop or I'll shoot myself in the face, really?????????? Not much of a threat.
Well as usual Jon you never cease to amaze me. If I can get this catwomen to ease up on breaking them on new guys who don't know any better and just want to do the right thing with there vette It will be worth " I"ll shoot my self in the face". If some of the guys want to allways make fun of the noobs do it here not over there, leave that place for its imformative values and keep the comedy here were offending someone is all in fun. As far as the Union stuff Jon all I know is that I broke my A$$ for over 30 years and could of not worked any harder then I did and earned a good living for me, my wife and my 5 kids. That is all I care about. There are bums everywhere not just Unions, Unions are not the big reason why this country is faultering now. So lets place the real blame on who's the fault.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:37am   #487
Sweet 90
A Real Barner

Thanked 2,737 Times in 1,318 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $741437

Quote:
"Hardly fool", what Mr. T was youy hero Pu$$y90 ? This is more fun that a barrel of Pu$$ies or should I say horses (out of the barn). Stop with your smartass comments to new guys just looking for advice or I will be up your Pu$$y a$$ till I get sent to camp. It's up to you Sweets.
Jesus, I'm shaking in my boots
I'll continue to give smartass comments to anyone who deserves them. I've been on on CF longer than you Union Boy, and have been sent to camp twice over losers like you and I'm not scared to go back.
ps: Since you're still on your knees begging to be a mod, ask your Union (or your shop stupid) if they have spelling and grammar classes you can enroll in
Old 03-22-2011, 10:43am   #488
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Well as usual Jon you never cease to amaze me. If I can get this catwomen to ease up on breaking them on new guys who don't know any better and just want to do the right thing with there vette It will be worth " I"ll shoot my self in the face". If some of the guys want to allways make fun of the noobs do it here not over there, leave that place for its imformative values and keep the comedy here were offending someone is all in fun. As far as the Union stuff Jon all I know is that I broke my A$$ for over 30 years and could of not worked any harder then I did and earned a good living for me, my wife and my 5 kids. That is all I care about. There are bums everywhere not just Unions, Unions are not the big reason why this country is faultering now. So lets place the real blame on who's the fault.
Sweet can do what he wants, no one has a right to tell him, me or anyone else what they can or can't do. If the Mods want him to stop, they'll take care of it so let them do their job. Last I checked you're not a mod.

FYI, I have also busted my backside for over 30 years, done very well, raised 2 kids, put them through college (Air Force is paying for son's dental school though), paid for their weddings, paid for my home and cars and have no debt. Didn't need a union to do that. The unions don't get all the blame, but they have cost the country jobs, many, many of them. I recently did some consulting work for a large, national freight carrier trying to streamline their dock operations. They are a union house and it was a lesson in futility. They refuse to let anyone else do any work on the floor out of a fear of losing hours, yet they refuse to work the additional hours to make up for the lack of inefficiencies. All management can do is open the door of the trucks, they are at the union's mercy from there. If they get it done, great, if not oh well, read the contract.

They will be out of business very soon while the non-union shop down the street continues to kick their behinds. It's a great system, the unions are weeding themselves out just by their very nature, it's fun to watch.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:49am   #489
Midnight85
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100015

Remember Sweets, you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight85 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2011, 10:51am   #490
joesgulfstream
Banned

Quote:
Jesus, I'm shaking in my boots
I'll continue to give smartass comments to anyone who deserves them. I've been on on CF longer than you Union Boy, and have been sent to camp twice over losers like you and I'm not scared to go back.
ps: Since you're still on your knees begging to be a mod, ask your Union (or your shop stupid) if they have spelling and grammar classes you can enroll in
There you go again ***** no wonder nobody but your team likes you very much over the other side. Yes I got some positive PM's from some members there about you, you are not the the well liked personalty you think you are. The Mod think was a test and for my own reasons it went as I thought it would. Some day smartass you will get yours. PS stay in your own country we have plenty just like you, we don't need any more. If I am a boy then I know for sure now you are a CHICK. *****

Last edited by RedLS1GTO; 03-22-2011 at 6:10pm. Reason: You know what was deleted. Don't say it again.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54am   #491
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
There you go again Pu$$y90 no wonder nobody but your team likes you very much over the other side. Yes I got some positive PM's from some members there about you, you are not the the well liked personalty you think you are. The Mod think was a test and for my own reasons it went as I thought it would. Some day smartass you will get yours. PS stay in your own country we have plenty just like you, we don't need any more.
OK Joe, it's time to step away from the keyboard. Now you're not making sense and really starting to make a fool of yourself.

Last edited by RedLS1GTO; 03-22-2011 at 6:11pm.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:04am   #492
joesgulfstream
Banned

Quote:
Sweet can do what he wants, no one has a right to tell him, me or anyone else what they can or can't do. If the Mods want him to stop, they'll take care of it so let them do their job. Last I checked you're not a mod.

FYI, I have also busted my backside for over 30 years, done very well, raised 2 kids, put them through college (Air Force is paying for son's dental school though), paid for their weddings, paid for my home and cars and have no debt. Didn't need a union to do that. The unions don't get all the blame, but they have cost the country jobs, many, many of them. I recently did some consulting work for a large, national freight carrier trying to streamline their dock operations. They are a union house and it was a lesson in futility. They refuse to let anyone else do any work on the floor out of a fear of losing hours, yet they refuse to work the additional hours to make up for the lack of inefficiencies. All management can do is open the door of the trucks, they are at the union's mercy from there. If they get it done, great, if not oh well, read the contract.

They will be out of business very soon while the non-union shop down the street continues to kick their behinds. It's a great system, the unions are weeding themselves out just by their very nature, it's fun to watch.
Jon you better watch some of your spelling ***** will be sending you to grammer and spelling school at the hall. I have the right to tell him that he is a smartass and what ever else I want as long as he keeps it up. If it costs me my friendship here with some than they were not worth my friendship any way. I will be able to sleep like a baby tonight. Thats the way I am I will stick up for people when " I " see fit, and nobody will tell me I don't have a right to not even you Jon.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:19am   #493
joesgulfstream
Banned

Quote:
You gotta love a senior citizen that still can't figure out how to put antifreeze in his car. Also, if he's made it to retirement and only has his C4 to show for it, don't think I would want any of the cars he's owned over the past 50 years.................
Jon with a comment like that you are no better than *****. A C4 is what I have to show for retirement. See Ya Jon, we won't be butting heads anymore.

I thought you were more of a man then you really are. My mistake.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:33am   #494
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Jon with a comment like that you are no better than Pu$$y90. A C4 is what I have to show for retirement. See Ya Jon, we won't be butting heads anymore.

I thought you were more of a man then you really are. My mistake.
Darn, how will I go on............................ Although it's too bad you don't have an Aston Martin or a 911 like your union leaders retired with.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:36am   #495
Sweet 90
A Real Barner

You crack me up man. You're phucking delusional, you really are. So you've got pm's from people who don't like me, ah I'm going to cry
You keep talking about having balls, LMFAO. You call me out because of a ****** thread, knowing full well I can't defend myself without getting banned, damn you're a tough guy. Next time, why don't you pm me and save yourself the embarrassment of your thoughtless ramblings on a public forum. As for the "Other Place" I'll carve you up like a Turkey on Thanksgiving over there as well. Adios mofo

Last edited by RedLS1GTO; 03-22-2011 at 6:12pm.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:43am   #496
joesgulfstream
Banned

Quote:
Darn, how will I go on............................ Although it's too bad you don't have an Aston Martin or a 911 like your union leaders retired with.
Well you answered my question about you I was right.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:45am   #497
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
You crack me up man. You're phucking delusional, you really are. So you've got pm's from people who don't like me, ah I'm going to cry
You keep talking about having balls, LMFAO. You call me out because of a bullshit thread, knowing full well I can't defend myself without getting banned, damn you're a tough guy. Next time douche bag, why don't you pm me and save yourself the embarrassment of your thoughtless ramblings on a public forum. As for the "Other Place" I'll carve you up like a Turkey on Thanksgiving over there as well. Adios mofo
It absolutely amazes me how people think we all live and die based on an Internet forum. Doesn't this guy understand, we come here to have a little fun, share some experiences and that's it. At the end of the day we don't sum up the value of our lives by how many Internet friends we have or what forum members think of us, at least I don't. I'll be happy with my life no matter what his opinion of me is now or ever.

Get a life Joe, it's an Internet website for crying out loud..................
The Following User Says Thank You to Taurus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2011, 11:58am   #498
joesgulfstream
Banned

Quote:
You keep talking about having balls, LMFAO. You call me out because of a bullshit thread, knowing full well I can't defend myself without getting banned, damn you're a tough guy. Next time douche bag, why don't you pm me and save yourself the embarrassment of your thoughtless ramblings on a public forum. As for the "Other Place" I'll carve you up like a Turkey on Thanksgiving over there as well. Adios mofo
You better take a look at your self here man. If I am a fool I'm not the only one, you and Jon are not exactly forum poster boys either.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:03pm   #499
joesgulfstream
Banned

Quote:
It absolutely amazes me how people think we all live and die based on an Internet forum. Doesn't this guy understand, we come here to have a little fun, share some experiences and that's it. At the end of the day we don't sum up the value of our lives by how many Internet friends we have or what forum members think of us, at least I don't. I'll be happy with my life no matter what his opinion of me is now or ever.

Get a life Joe, it's an Internet website for crying out loud..................
Yes it is Jon but that is still no excuess for the way you guys treat people with your comments. So in the real world you guys are not like that right ? I don't think so.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:13pm   #500
Sweet 90
A Real Barner

Quote:
You better take a look at your self here man. If I am a fool I'm not the only one, you and Jon are not exactly forum poster boys either.
Closed Thread

The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion