Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List
99pewtervette

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2020, 4:35pm   #49001
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post

Manitoba had - GASP - 475 new cases of COVID on Thursday (Manitoba population is 1,400,000) so the government has announced this:

Apparently the WuFlu in Canada is trained to stay off of “essential” items and areas and congregate on non-essential items and areas. I wonder what murraT thinks about this.

Politicians are idiots.
Potatoes
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 4:50pm   #49002
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 10.3%

Thanked 28,842 Times in 12,787 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post

Should be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
There is a reason I didn’t suggest having dinner at the Ocean Club!
Leaving now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 4:55pm   #49003
Raazor
2020 Election Expert
Activity: 27.1%

Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Thanked 19,845 Times in 7,397 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1134156

Have fun boys!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 5:12pm   #49004
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 20.6%

Thanked 24,110 Times in 10,023 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs568 View Post
I’m planning on overdosing on chocolate. Do you think 2 lbs. is enough??
5 lbs would have been better...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 5:19pm   #49005
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 34,357 Times in 13,940 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

After catching it and being sick for 13 days (still have a fever) there is NOTHING I experienced that is worth closing a store, school, church, or bar for.

Show me REINFECTION rates and you may get my attention. Herd immunity postponement and games is accomplishing NOTHING.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 5:26pm   #49006
Hardluck
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.6%

Thanked 15,672 Times in 6,177 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $22573

Me thinks Sack and MurraT may not exchange Christmas cards this year!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hardluck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 5:39pm   #49007
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103
Activity: 29.0%

Thanked 31,654 Times in 11,007 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 View Post
Leaving now.
@Rikki Z-06 Rickkits, hope ya see this; 99peecups wife posted this...
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadInNc For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 5:47pm   #49008
Rodnok1
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
After catching it and being sick for 13 days (still have a fever) there is NOTHING I experienced that is worth closing a store, school, church, or bar for.

Show me REINFECTION rates and you may get my attention. Herd immunity postponement and games is accomplishing NOTHING.
So what's your threshold for thinking it's ok to shut or limit anything.. Intensive care, ventilator for whatever period, long lasting health effects, giving it to someone else and they die or you die from it.
Just curious.

Let's face it nobody likes to or wants to wear a mask or be limited on what we do but we seem to regulate most dangerous activities. Drinking and driving, requiring shots before goto school/college, seat belts, etc.... Of course most regulations are about money let's face it... So are mask mandates and shutdowns about money (think long term) and or are they about saving people?
Lots of businesses require flu shots and their people to wear protection, OSHA although being retarded alot of times regulates work areas.
I'm not abdicating for shutdowns/limiting one way or the other as I think we don't really have a handle on what to do. I wear a mask where I feel it's needed to protect myself as alot of people are stupid and just like regular flu go out with symptoms and knowing they are sick. Who hasn't wanted to push a coworker into a wood chipper that came to work sick as hell and spread it.
Fyi i had a meltdown when they shuttered my son's school earlier this year when precautions were being taken already and not an environment where anyone is close to one another.
I'm debating starting a thread on this shutdown /mask/no mask/limits but frankly people couldn't keep it civil so what's the sense.
As for herd immunity.. That's great except I don't want to be part of that herd that gets it, I'm fuked up enough thanks.
Old 11-21-2020, 6:22pm   #49009
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
So what's your threshold for thinking it's ok to shut or limit anything.. Intensive care, ventilator for whatever period, long lasting health effects, giving it to someone else and they die or you die from it.
Just curious.

Let's face it nobody likes to or wants to wear a mask or be limited on what we do but we seem to regulate most dangerous activities. Drinking and driving, requiring shots before goto school/college, seat belts, etc.... Of course most regulations are about money let's face it... So are mask mandates and shutdowns about money (think long term) and or are they about saving people?
Lots of businesses require flu shots and their people to wear protection, OSHA although being retarded alot of times regulates work areas.
I'm not abdicating for shutdowns/limiting one way or the other as I think we don't really have a handle on what to do. I wear a mask where I feel it's needed to protect myself as alot of people are stupid and just like regular flu go out with symptoms and knowing they are sick. Who hasn't wanted to push a coworker into a wood chipper that came to work sick as hell and spread it.
Fyi i had a meltdown when they shuttered my son's school earlier this year when precautions were being taken already and not an environment where anyone is close to one another.
I'm debating starting a thread on this shutdown /mask/no mask/limits but frankly people couldn't keep it civil so what's the sense.
As for herd immunity.. That's great except I don't want to be part of that herd that gets it, I'm fuked up enough thanks.
I have never and would never blame anyone for my COVID. I have no idea where it came from but I am very clear on what did NOT work. A mask mandate did NOT keep me from getting sick. Every store I have been in for the last 6 months has required a mask to enter. That means I had one on and everyone else in that store had one on...and I got Covid. I got sick because shit happens. People get sick. Period. If I was so concerned about being sick, I would have stayed home. There is NOTHING...literally NOTHING anyone can do to prevent getting Covid. You either will, or you will not get it. Period. No different than getting, or not getting the flu, or a cold.

ADDED: Early in October, I went to a bar in Cabo. No one had a mask on. I walked through the entry and immediately noticed it. At that point I made a decision as an adult, about my health and my willingness to risk getting Covid. I went in maskless, had a great time and in spite of those conditions, did NOT get sick. Conversely, in the last month and a half, I have worn a mask more than I ever have before. That includes wearing one at my office where it was not previously required. I got sick. It proves there is no logic, there is no rhyme or reason, there is no rule that will help anyone.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 6:41pm   #49010
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 52.3%

Thanked 26,366 Times in 10,328 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

I haven't worn a mask or my siblings or my kids since the beginning. What a crock of shit. Why haven't we been wearing mask during the flu season the last 100 years? Govt. control is all it is. And i have the most Fk'ed up Governor ever in our state.

Glad to see you're doing better. On a side note. My buddy's dad who just died at 98 had been sick for over seven years. Bad heart, bad kidneys, ect, etc. They were surprised he lasted this long. Right before he died he got covid so guess what they put down for his death?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 6:44pm   #49011
Raazor
2020 Election Expert
Activity: 27.1%

Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Thanked 19,845 Times in 7,397 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1134156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
I haven't worn a mask or my siblings or my kids since the beginning. What a crock of shit. Why haven't we been wearing mask during the flu season the last 100 years? Govt. control is all it is. And i have the most Fk'ed up Governor ever in our state.

Glad to see you're doing better. On a side note. My buddy's dad who just died at 98 had been sick for over seven years. Bad heart, bad kidneys, ect, etc. They were surprised he lasted this long. Right before he died he got covid so guess what they put down for his death?
Exactly why the only number to look at for 2020 will be total deaths which will be the same as last year
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 6:47pm   #49012
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 52.3%

Thanked 26,366 Times in 10,328 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
Exactly why the only number to look at for 2020 will be total deaths which will be the same as last year

The Govt./Liberals/Media/Liberals like to control. And our country has many sheep that can't think on their own plus they need to have the Govt. tell them what to do. You'll see a mighty change in 2021 Mushheim.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 6:54pm   #49013
Rodnok1
A Real Barner

Quote:
I have never and would never blame anyone for my COVID. I have no idea where it came from but I am very clear on what did NOT work. A mask mandate did NOT keep me from getting sick. Every store I have been in for the last 6 months has required a mask to enter. That means I had one on and everyone else in that store had one on...and I got Covid. I got sick because shit happens. People get sick. Period. If I was so concerned about being sick, I would have stayed home. There is NOTHING...literally NOTHING anyone can do to prevent getting Covid. You either will, or you will not get it. Period. No different than getting, or not getting the flu, or a cold.

ADDED: Early in October, I went to a bar in Cabo. No one had a mask on. I walked through the entry and immediately noticed it. At that point I made a decision as an adult, about my health and my willingness to risk getting Covid. I went in maskless, had a great time and in spite of those conditions, did NOT get sick. Conversely, in the last month and a half, I have worn a mask more than I ever have before. That includes wearing one at my office where it was not previously required. I got sick. It proves there is no logic, there is no rhyme or reason, there is no rule that will help anyone.
There's lots you can do to fend off the kung flu... A mask is NO guarantee you don't get it we all know that. Saying wearing a mask caused you to get it is well... I'll keep that thought to myself.
It's a bad lotto still... My friend gets sick every year unfortunately and he swears it's from gas pumps... Could be as his immune system is almost zero.
You drew the short straw Aero and I'm sorry you have the kung flu man... There is almost no way to positively identify where you got it unless someone you had exposure to had it and was sick(or had zero symptoms even worse). Perhaps you got it from opening an envelope some sick guy licked the previous day, mailman wiped his nose and had it, walked into somebody's sneeze didn't realize it...and they didn't have a mask on and spread it. The masks are not designed to protect you from getting it, they've said that for quite a while... They're to keep you from spreading it, especially important when asymptomatic is the norm(damn carriers).
We coukd all have been exposed and depending on how we felt that day(hungover, lack o sleep or just a down day) could have determined if we got it or not.

Now a mask mandate may give people a false sense of security I'm afraid and being in the best interest may have some negative impacts. Think people who drive like idiots because of airbags and abs sytems and slam into someone... They walk away yet other guy is fuked. Bad example but get my point i hope.

I pray my immediate family doesn't get it but odds are against us.

Anyway I'm preaching too much man, feel better soon man that electric shit ain't fixin itself.

I was talking to someone and had a stat wrong, ths average age of positive covid tests is @38 now down from upper 40s months ago. I had read it as death average age, my apologies.
Too many stats to wade thru...
Old 11-21-2020, 7:08pm   #49014
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
There's lots you can do to fend off the kung flu... A mask is NO guarantee you don't get it we all know that. Saying wearing a mask caused you to get it is well... I'll keep that thought to myself.
It's a bad lotto still... My friend gets sick every year unfortunately and he swears it's from gas pumps... Could be as his immune system is almost zero.
You drew the short straw Aero and I'm sorry you have the kung flu man... There is almost no way to positively identify where you got it unless someone you had exposure to had it and was sick(or had zero symptoms even worse). Perhaps you got it from opening an envelope some sick guy licked the previous day, mailman wiped his nose and had it, walked into somebody's sneeze didn't realize it...and they didn't have a mask on and spread it. The masks are not designed to protect you from getting it, they've said that for quite a while... They're to keep you from spreading it, especially important when asymptomatic is the norm(damn carriers).
We coukd all have been exposed and depending on how we felt that day(hungover, lack o sleep or just a down day) could have determined if we got it or not.

Now a mask mandate may give people a false sense of security I'm afraid and being in the best interest may have some negative impacts. Think people who drive like idiots because of airbags and abs sytems and slam into someone... They walk away yet other guy is fuked. Bad example but get my point i hope.

I pray my immediate family doesn't get it but odds are against us.

Anyway I'm preaching too much man, feel better soon man that electric shit ain't fixin itself.
Two times it was interpreted from my posts that I blame wearing a mask on causing Covid. Not true. Do I think it contributed? Absolutely. Masks are not manufactured with Covid in them, so obviously if they are contaminated, it is because they are a collection point for the virus. It is being drawn from thin air, on to a surface where it sits. Each time that mask is worn, each breath that is drawn through it, increases the virus collected. More virus collected is more chance of it getting through the mask. Our natural breathing process is BETTER than this. We inhale and we exhale. It is the difference between flushing and not flushing the toilet. Shit, flush, repeat. Odds of it causing a unpleasantry is minimized. Now shit and don't flush it about 5 times. Quite a collection you have now. Same goes for a mask. That 6th shit is going to get something splashed back on you.

Better example is changing a diaper or not changing it. The diaper doesn't cause the problem. The diaper is contributing to the problem.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 7:12pm   #49015
Rodnok1
A Real Barner

Hmmmm... anyone here know anybody might need to get one of these? Name:  download%20(3).jpeg
Views: 41
Size:  10.5 KB
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 7:14pm   #49016
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103

Quote:
Hmmmm... anyone here know anybody might need to get one of these? Attachment 49318
besides Porter?
Old 11-21-2020, 7:18pm   #49017
Rodnok1
A Real Barner

Quote:
Two times it was interpreted from my posts that I blame wearing a mask on causing Covid. Not true. Do I think it contributed? Absolutely. Masks are not manufactured with Covid in them, so obviously if they are contaminated, it is because they are a collection point for the virus. It is being drawn from thin air, on to a surface where it sits. Each time that mask is worn, each breath that is drawn through it, increases the virus collected. More virus collected is more chance of it getting through the mask. Our natural breathing process is BETTER than this. We inhale and we exhale. It is the difference between flushing and not flushing the toilet. Shit, flush, repeat. Odds of it causing a unpleasantry is minimized. Now shit and don't flush it about 5 times. Quite a collection you have now. Same goes for a mask. That 6th shit is going to get something splashed back on you.

Better example is changing a diaper or not changing it. The diaper doesn't cause the problem. The diaper is contributing to the problem.
Could be... So maybe better mask hygiene is needed even. We all know higher quality masks should be worn also instead of the cheapo blue mask. I spray mine down and rotate /wash them.
Idea to make a mask sprayer that spritzes something onto mask periodically to help kill whatever you're trying to kill be it virus or whatever.

But bet my lungs would be better off now if I'd worn even a cheap ass mask when doing all that bodywork back in the day but I digress.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 7:19pm   #49018
Rodnok1
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadInNc View Post
besides Porter?
No dui since it's self diving I've heard...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 7:39pm   #49019
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103

Quote:
No dui since it's self diving I've heard...
Just put a yoga mat on top and bottom and he won’t get off chair...
Old 11-21-2020, 7:40pm   #49020
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Could be... So maybe better mask hygiene is needed even. We all know higher quality masks should be worn also instead of the cheapo blue mask. I spray mine down and rotate /wash them.
Idea to make a mask sprayer that spritzes something onto mask periodically to help kill whatever you're trying to kill be it virus or whatever.

But bet my lungs would be better off now if I'd worn even a cheap ass mask when doing all that bodywork back in the day but I digress.
A few things to consider...

Why don't stores pass out masks to EVERYONE and not let you use your own?
Why don't stores have biohazard bins at the exit for masks?

These two things are a clear indication that it is COMPLIANCE that is the goal and NOT safety. I can take a red shop rag and put it around my face and walk in any store.

As for your lungs and bodywork, my uncle was a body man all his life. Sprayed without a respirator. I know he regretted in later in life. That being said, if the virus was the size of paint particles, a mask would be more effective. You raise another good example too. A respirator filter is a collection point for those vapors and particles. At some point if that filter is not changed, those fumes and particles will get drawn past the filter.

Businesses need to hand out masks. If they put the rule in place, they need to make sure it is effective. If not, then drop the charade.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic