Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

View Poll Results: On A Road trip With
MadInNC 3 13.64%
Steeb 0 0%
Murrat 2 9.09%
Adog 3 13.64%
Raazor 3 13.64%
Garf 3 13.64%
The.Dude 3 13.64%
Stickheim 1 4.55%
snide 3 13.64%
Coonass 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2020, 2:02pm   #141
The_Dude
Barn Stall Owner #113
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 30.9%

Thanked 16,998 Times in 6,934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $306898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 View Post
Paul Walker's daughter?
The_Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 2:12pm   #142
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 19.8%

Thanked 28,807 Times in 12,769 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Paul Walker's daughter?
Drives like him.
Rikki Z-06 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 2:17pm   #143
JetMechZ16
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 9,866 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $856744

Was taht a mustang?
JetMechZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JetMechZ16 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 2:36pm   #144
The_Dude
Barn Stall Owner #113
Bantayan Kids '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 View Post
Was taht a mustang?
Nah, it was just after cats.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 3:33pm   #145
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,628 Times in 13,612 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

FINE...leave me off the list. I don't want any of you stinking up my truck anyway. Besides, I don't need you making fun of my yacht rock or my earring.

Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 4:31pm   #146
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
FINE...leave me off the list. I don't want any of you stinking up my truck anyway. Besides, I don't need you making fun of my yacht rock or my earring.

af2 asked if he could drive your truck.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 4:37pm   #147
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 68.7%

Thanked 33,368 Times in 11,707 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:

We'd just make fun of your mask since it's required where you live now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 4:44pm   #148
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 14,833 Times in 6,553 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post

You seen this yet Steve
https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...NY3SXVN4G5U4I/

FERNANDINA BEACH, Fla. — Mayor John Miller has made masks in Fernandina Beach mandatory.
Thursday he signed an emergency order, by unanimous decision by the Commission making the following requirements:
Every person over the age of 6 in an indoor space
Every operator, employee, customer or patron of a business establishment must wear a face mask or covering at all times while indoors at that business establishment
EMERGENCY ORDER — COVID19-MANDATORY MASKS
RESOLUTION 2020-94
In part...
WHEREAS, on March 1, 2020, in response to the World Health Organization's declaration of COVID-19 as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order Number 20-51, declaring a State of Florida Public Health Emergency associated with the threat to Florida residents associated with COVID-19 and invoking the State of Florida emergency response actions by the Florida Department of Health and the State Health Officer; and
WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, in response to eight counties in Florida with positive COVID-19 cases, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order Number 20-52, directing the Director of the Division of Emergency Management, as the State Coordinating Officer, to execute State of Florida's Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan and other response, recover, and mitigation plans necessary to cope with the emergency; and
WHEREAS, on March 19, 2020, the City Manager and Mayor John A. Miller declared a local state of emergency via Resolution 2020-48 pursuant to the City of Fernandina Beach Emergency Management Plan; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary to invoke the City's Home Rule Powers under the Florida Constitution and the City's Emergency Management Plan in order to enable the City of Fernandina Beach to respond to its obligations under Governor DeSantis' Executive Orders 20-51 and 20-52 and to appropriately respond to the needs of the City of Fernandina Beach and its citizens.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF FERNANDINA BEACH, THAT:
(1) Every person over the age of six (6) who is in a public indoor space must wear a face mask or covering when not able to engage in social distancing.
Every operator, employee, customer or patron of a business establishment must wear a face mask or covering at all times while indoors at that business establishment unless he or she is able to engage in social distancing or unless wearing a face mask or covering significantly interferes with the provision or receipt of goods or services offered or received at that establishment (i.e. patrons at a restaurant, clients at a barber shop or hair salon, patients at a dentist's office).
Public safety, fire, law enforcement, and other life safety personnel are exempted from this requirement, as their personal protective equipment requirements will be governed by their respective agencies.
ADA ACCOMMODATION. When a customer of a business establishment asserts that he or she has a disability that prevents the individual from wearing a face mask or covering, the owner, manager, or employee of the business establishment may exclude the individual, even if they have a disability, as they pose a direct threat to the health and safety of employees and other customers, even if asymptomatic, and shall accommodate the disabled individual in a manner that does not fundamentally alter the operations of the business establishment nor jeopardize the health of that business’s employees and other customers, such as providing curb service or delivery or other reasonable accommodation.
EFFECTIVE DATE. This Emergency Order Resolution 2020-94 is effective immediately upon executing and will expire thirty (30) days from the date below unless extended by subsequent order.
NOT IN CONFLICT WITH STATE LAW. This Order is in addition to any Executive Orders issued by Governor DeSantis.
ENFORCEMENT. This Emergency Order will be enforced pursuant to Section 252.47, Florida Statutes by local law enforcement. Violation of this Emergency Order is punishable pursuant to Section 252.50, Florida Statutes as a criminal misdemeanor of the second degree.
99 pewtercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 99 pewtercoupe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 4:52pm   #149
Murray
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.8%

Thanked 11,253 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29012

those in glass houses........
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murray For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 5:37pm   #150
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 19.8%

Thanked 28,807 Times in 12,769 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
You seen this yet Steve

FERNANDINA BEACH, Fla. — Mayor John Miller has made masks in Fernandina Beach mandatory.
Thursday he signed an emergency order, by unanimous decision by the Commission making the following requirements:
Every operator, employee, customer or patron of a business establishment must wear a face mask or covering at all times while indoors at that business establishment
RESOLUTION 2020-94
In part...
WHEREAS, on March 1, 2020, in response to the World Health Organization's declaration of COVID-19 as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order Number 20-51, declaring a State of Florida Public Health Emergency associated with the threat to Florida residents associated with COVID-19 and invoking the State of Florida emergency response actions by the Florida Department of Health and the State Health Officer; and
WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, in response to eight counties in Florida with positive COVID-19 cases, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order Number 20-52, directing the Director of the Division of Emergency Management, as the State Coordinating Officer, to execute State of Florida's Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan and other response, recover, and mitigation plans necessary to cope with the emergency; and
WHEREAS, on March 19, 2020, the City Manager and Mayor John A. Miller declared a local state of emergency via Resolution 2020-48 pursuant to the City of Fernandina Beach Emergency Management Plan; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary to invoke the City's Home Rule Powers under the Florida Constitution and the City's Emergency Management Plan in order to enable the City of Fernandina Beach to respond to its obligations under Governor DeSantis' Executive Orders 20-51 and 20-52 and to appropriately respond to the needs of the City of Fernandina Beach and its citizens.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF FERNANDINA BEACH, THAT:
(1) Every person over the age of six (6) who is in a public indoor space must wear a face mask or covering when not able to engage in social distancing.
Every operator, employee, customer or patron of a business establishment must wear a face mask or covering at all times while indoors at that business establishment unless he or she is able to engage in social distancing or unless wearing a face mask or covering significantly interferes with the provision or receipt of goods or services offered or received at that establishment (i.e. patrons at a restaurant, clients at a barber shop or hair salon, patients at a dentist's office).
Public safety, fire, law enforcement, and other life safety personnel are exempted from this requirement, as their personal protective equipment requirements will be governed by their respective agencies.
ADA ACCOMMODATION. When a customer of a business establishment asserts that he or she has a disability that prevents the individual from wearing a face mask or covering, the owner, manager, or employee of the business establishment may exclude the individual, even if they have a disability, as they pose a direct threat to the health and safety of employees and other customers, even if asymptomatic, and shall accommodate the disabled individual in a manner that does not fundamentally alter the operations of the business establishment nor jeopardize the health of that business’s employees and other customers, such as providing curb service or delivery or other reasonable accommodation.
EFFECTIVE DATE. This Emergency Order Resolution 2020-94 is effective immediately upon executing and will expire thirty (30) days from the date below unless extended by subsequent order.
NOT IN CONFLICT WITH STATE LAW. This Order is in addition to any Executive Orders issued by Governor DeSantis.
ENFORCEMENT. This Emergency Order will be enforced pursuant to Section 252.47, Florida Statutes by local law enforcement. Violation of this Emergency Order is punishable pursuant to Section 252.50, Florida Statutes as a criminal misdemeanor of the second degree.
Name:  Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  25.4 KB
Rikki Z-06 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 6:09pm   #151
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 68.7%

Thanked 33,368 Times in 11,707 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
You seen this yet Steve

RESOLUTION 2020-94
In part...
I predict they make no attempt to enforce it. Why? The bolded part above is a loophole big enough to drive a truck through. And it only applies in the city, which is maybe a third of the island. Why pass a law that can’t be enforced?

Island will be a zoo this weekend so except for golf and the beach we’re not going anywhere.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 6:14pm   #152
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 View Post
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 6:23pm   #153
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 65.1%

Thanked 25,676 Times in 9,993 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:

I knew i would forgot some names. So many names and not enough time.

You'll be in my next poll.
Anjdog2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 6:32pm   #154
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17

Quote:
I predict they make no attempt to enforce it. Why? The bolded part above is a loophole big enough to drive a truck through. And it only applies in the city, which is maybe a third of the island. Why pass a law that can’t be enforced?

Island will be a zoo this weekend so except for golf and the beach we’re not going anywhere.
I agree that the island will be a zoo this weekend. We do have a dinner reservation Downtown for Saturday night so that will be interesting. It will be interesting to see how they try to enforce it.
I was at St Johns Town Center in Jax this afternoon and even though Duval county has a mask ordinance, most people walking around outside the stores were not wearing them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 99 pewtercoupe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 6:37pm   #155
The_Dude
Barn Stall Owner #113
Bantayan Kids '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
I knew i would forgot some names. So many names and not enough time.

You'll be in my next poll.
Next poll topic: "On an Acid Trip with"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 7:17pm   #156
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103
Activity: 28.4%

Thanked 31,416 Times in 10,888 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108939

Quote:
That will be a classic...
MadInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadInNc For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 7:19pm   #157
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17

Quote:
What a long strange thread that will be
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 99 pewtercoupe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 9:38pm   #158
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:

Mine was delivered last night...TRUTH...

They don't specify what type. I'm wearing this mesh nothingness.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:15pm   #159
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
He asked me to ride in the passenger seat of my own truck.

I said "Dude, yer killin' me"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic